PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men

Pages : [1] 2

Amuseddaysleeper
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Fantastic season 4 opener, it's great to see that this show hasn't missed a step after all these years.

Anyone else a big fan?

balli
07-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I won't watch TV dramas unless they're on HBO, because commercial interruptions are an absolute joke and people say 'fuck' in the real world. A lot.

That said, tonight's episode was the first time I've ever watched Mad Men and I really enjoyed it. I'll probably keep watching; depending on how it goes, I'll catch up on seasons 1-3.

DJ Mbenga
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
shame this and breaking bad arent on hbo for the reasons already listed. i havent seen mad men yet. too many seasons for me to catch up to but my that redhead looks good.

balli
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
One thing I noticed however is that although there's always been a big deal made about how Mad Men goes to great lengths to present authentic 1960's set designs, that bottle of Jameson they were using looked an awful lot like the one I pick up at the liquor store every other week.

CuckingFunt
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
One thing I noticed however is that although there's always been a big deal made about how Mad Men goes to great lengths to present authentic 1960's set designs, that bottle of Jameson they were using looked an awful lot like the one I pick up at the liquor store every other week.

I'd be lying if I claimed to know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if the Jameson bottle has changed significantly between 1964 and now.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2010, 02:18 AM
I would like to have seen more of the hotel days of the new agency, but I guess they were anxious to show the Time-Life building set.

Still good TV.

Booharv
07-26-2010, 04:25 AM
i won't watch tv dramas unless they're on hbo, because commercial interruptions are an absolute joke and ...

dvr.

CubanSucks
07-26-2010, 05:05 AM
I won't watch TV dramas unless they're on HBO, because commercial interruptions are an absolute joke and people say 'fuck' in the real world. A lot.

So unless a show can say 'fuck' it's not realistic enough for you? Weird. I kept turning back to AMC off and on for the hour but only with the hopes that I'd catch a scene with..

http://coltmonday.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/4ldk40y.jpg
http://www.pinkhues.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/christina-hendricks.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
07-26-2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.pinkhues.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/christina-hendricks.jpg

:tu
Now that's a woman.

The Gemini Method
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
The girl that Cooper and Jane set Don Draper up was the business. She was way better looking than Betsy and she knew how to get Don's attention. Playing hard to get is what gets the narcissistic Draper off. This show is definitely worth checking out regardless of what channel it is on.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
So unless a show can say 'fuck' it's not realistic enough for you? Weird.

:tu I'm usually more interested in a well written and entertaining story, regardless of the language.

Does that apply to movies too?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 10:45 AM
tbh I'm still laughing at how boorish and knuckle-dragger a mentality like "I don't watch shows unless they say fuck a lot" is.

Zelophehad
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Truthfully, any shows with criminals that doesn't include cursing is pretty laughable. But some basic cable shows can say shit and bitch so that's better. I always laugh whenever I see some basic TV show and in the interrogation room and a hardened criminal tells a cop to "go take a hike" or "buzz off".

Spurminator
07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
One of the most confusing things about this show is how women react to it.

Don Draper is a cheating husband, a terrible father, a total narcissist who changed his identity as an adult to hide his past... and women love him.

But what's even more confusing is that not only do they forgive his morally vacuous behavior... when that behavior finally drives his wife away to the arms of another man who treats her with some semblance of respect, she's a whore! I have yet to talk to any woman that watches this show who has any sympathy for Betsy Draper.

What is wrong with you people?

The Gemini Method
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Don Draper is a cheating husband, a terrible father, a total narcissist who changed his identity as an adult to hide his past... and women love him.

But what's even more confusing is that not only do they forgive his morally vacuous behavior... when that behavior finally drives his wife away to the arms of another man who treats her with some semblance of respect, she's a whore! I have yet to talk to any woman that watches this show who has any sympathy for Betsy Draper.

Women say they want the all-good-man, but secretly desire the asshole...duh! That's been the way things have gone for eons...

balli
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
So unless a show can say 'fuck' it's not realistic enough for you?

tbh I'm still laughing at how boorish and knuckle-dragger a mentality like "I don't watch shows unless they say fuck a lot" is.

Don't be literalist morons. I know thinking is routinely difficult for the for the both of you, especially you, CubanSucks, but at least try to wrap your feeble minds around an allegorical reference to: reality vs. not. Whether that entails usage of the word 'fuck' or something otherwise.

Zelophehad
07-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Don't be literalist morons. I know thinking is routinely difficult for the for the both of you, especially you, CubanSucks, but at least try to wrap your feeble minds around an allegorical reference to: reality vs. not. Whether that entails usage of the word 'fuck' or something otherwise.

I agree with you, it's like people who whined about the beginning of Saving Private Ryan and said that it was over the top and too gory. That's the way shit happened. If you want faggy, macho faux history war movies watch Marion Morrison aka John Wayne gung ho it up in any of those old movies.

CuckingFunt
07-26-2010, 12:02 PM

Can't speak for everyone, but I don't personally know any women who view either character in such simplistic terms. Or men. They're both pretty fucked up characters.

balli
07-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree with you, it's like people who whined about the beginning of Saving Private Ryan and said that it was over the top and too gory. That's the way shit happened. If you want faggy, macho faux history war movies watch Marion Morrison aka John Wayne gung ho it up in any of those old movies.

Seriously. It all depends on the context of the genre. When I sit down to watch a Pixar film, I don't expect the characters to act or talk like adults. When I watch a cop show, a drama, something adult that is going for realism, I do.

Like you said, is there anything more ridiculous than watching some foul mouthed NYPD detective tell someone to 'buzz off'. Basically, if you can watch that kind of totally unreal shit without being bothered or finding it utterly unrealistic, you must be an idiot or a laughably complacent media consumer.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM

realism in a war movie is completely different than refusing to watch non-HBO dramas because you know they won't say "fuck".

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
We're not talking about some shitty canned show like The Closer. We're talking about very well written, realistic dramas that are great shows regardless of the language being used.

To refuse to watch a show like Mad Men or Breaking Bad because the word fuck is edited out is about as goddamn retarded as it gets, especially since Breaking Bad is better than any show on HBO right now.

balli
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
We're talking about very well written, realistic dramas that are great shows regardless of the language being used.Then WTF are you bitching about when I started by saying I normally won't watch TV dramas on basic cable, but I'm making an exception for this one?

realism in a war movie is completely different than refusing to watch non-HBO dramas because you know they won't say "fuck".

Seriously. It all depends on the context of the genre. When I sit down to watch a Pixar film, I don't expect the characters to act or talk like adults. When I watch a cop show, a drama, something adult that is going for realism, I do.

And again, don't be so literal and retarded. Think an ounce below the surface for once. I'm not just talking about the word itself. That word was an example of something larger mono. Everything from language, to violence to thematic elements. If it's toned down for the sake of commercial sponsors, it's a joke.

Here: go learn something

lit·er·al·ism (ltr--lzm)
1. Adherence to the explicit sense of a given text or doctrine.

1. Allegory is a figurative mode of representation conveying meaning other than the literal.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Like you said, is there anything more ridiculous than watching some foul mouthed NYPD detective tell someone to 'buzz off'. Basically, if you can watch that kind of totally unreal shit without being bothered or finding it utterly unrealistic, you must be an idiot or a laughably complacent media consumer.

What's funny is that in The First 48, a reality show with real detectives, their language is actually pretty clean. So do you want reality, or the "reality" you enjoy because you get off by hearing the word fuck?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I won't watch TV dramas unless they're on HBO, because ... people say 'fuck' in the real world. A lot.

No, I guess that's not meant to be taken literally.

excuse me, I mean fuck no, I fucking guess that's not fucking meant to be fucking taken fucking literally. Better? More realistic?

CuckingFunt
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Silly arguments and pissing contests aside, "Mad Men" is one of the best/smartest shows currently on television. Whatever your reason for skipping the first three seasons, I'd suggest it's worth your time to give it a shot.

The Gemini Method
07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Silly arguments and pissing contests aside, "Mad Men" is one of the best/smartest shows currently on television. Whatever your reason for skipping the first three seasons, I'd suggest it's worth your time to give it a shot.

Zelophehad
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
We're not talking about some shitty canned show like The Closer. We're talking about very well written, realistic dramas that are great shows regardless of the language being used.

To refuse to watch a show like Mad Men or Breaking Bad because the word fuck is edited out is about as goddamn retarded as it gets, especially since Breaking Bad is better than any show on HBO right now.

Well, I disagree with balli on basic cable shows. I like Cable shows like The Shield which was awesome for instance, but on Cable they can say shit and bitch and deal more freely with adult subjects. I also watched every episode of 24 which managed to be hard edged despite the language due to the plot lines. But cursing definitely improves a show/movie. Take any crime/gangster show on basic TV and compare it to Goodfellas, The Sopranos, The Shield, or The Wire etc

What I'm talking about is shows like Law & Order which I watch occasionally on re-runs since each episode is self contained. The interrogation scenes are pretty laughable sometimes dude to censor constraints. Even 24 has to use the constant threat that Bauer will kill someone to give the interrogation scenes any pop.

What's funny is that in The First 48, a reality show with real detectives, their language is actually pretty clean. So do you want reality, or the "reality" you enjoy because you get off by hearing the word fuck?

You're going to destroy your own argument if you try to make the case that people don't curse in real life. Back track on this. Also, in cops shows they have these things called criminals, which curse the fuck out of shit. Those cops probably don't curse because they're on TV, or they might be two people who don't but tons of cops do.

Booharv
07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I generally only watch HBO and Showtime shows but that's only because I don't like to have to follow 40 shows at once, plus I like to illegally download and watch classic shows I never had the chance to see when they were on like Larry Sanders, Fawlty Towers, Freaks and Geeks, and whatever else I discover out there. Not to mention movies, books, and outdoor activities.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
For those of you that don't watch Mad Men, you're making a huge huge mistake.

I hear you guys on how these shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad) coulda/shoulda been on HBO but you gotta give AMC credit for going 2/2 on original programming so far.

The Gemini Method
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
For those of you that don't watch Mad Men, you're making a huge huge mistake.

I hear you guys on how these shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad) coulda/shoulda been on HBO but you gotta give AMC credit for going 2/2 on original programming so far.

I wasn't feeling the Rubicon series...perhaps i'll have to let it grow before liking it.

DJ Mbenga
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
lol how the hell do you have two opposites in one picture.

http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Christina-Hendricks/Christina-Hendricks-1285137.jpg

Amuseddaysleeper
07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I wasn't feeling the Rubicon series...perhaps i'll have to let it grow before liking it.

It doesn't properly premiere till August 1st, and it doesn't look too appealing to me either. My point was thatAMC started off great focusing on story when they could have easily opted for the TNT drama garbage, and I think both Breaking Bad and Mad Men are better than any show that currently airs on HBO.

Booharv
07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Speaking of HBO this upcoming gangster show from Martin Scorsese and one of the main guys from The Sopranos looks incredible:

StkrCTZPS-c

Jacob1983
07-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Don Draper isn't a real person. He's a fictional character. He is a cocky arrogant manwhore but he's good at what he does. He's a good ad man and good at pleasing women. TV shows on AMC can say anything except "fuck". Besides, it's basic cable. The only time I've heard "fuck" on basic cable is sometimes late at night on Comedy Central when they show movies or comedy specials.

oh crap
07-28-2010, 01:06 AM
The girl that Cooper and Jane set Don Draper up was the business. She was way better looking than Betsy

Except that she's not. She was pretty enough but Betty Draper (particularly in the first 2 seasons) is the hottest on the show. imo, betty>>jane>>new girl easy.

and regarding the whole basic network show's can't work argument, assholes with that line of thought are the reason that the NBC Kingpin series was cancelled way too soon. It has got to stand as one of the most underrated programs aired on regular cable and coulda been so great. and it didn't feel very limited by the restrictions like most other's. A real damn shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPq3Z8-JSM

oh crap
08-24-2010, 01:24 AM
things are getting interesting

Jacob1983
08-24-2010, 01:59 AM
What about the lovely Faye? She has to be up there with Joan and Betty. I have a feeling that Don Draper is gonna have his way with Faye. There is a lot of sexual tension between them. WTF was up with Sally masturbating? And why Betty such a bitch to Sally? I can understand her being that way toward Don but Sally is her daughter.

Latarian Milton
08-24-2010, 02:22 AM
What about the lovely Faye? She has to be up there with Joan and Betty. I have a feeling that Don Draper is gonna have his way with Faye. There is a lot of sexual tension between them. WTF was up with Sally masturbating? And why Betty such a bitch to Sally? I can understand her being that way toward Don but Sally is her daughter.

it really hurts my eyes & slows my brain to read such shit ^ TBH.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-24-2010, 06:55 AM
lol how the hell do you have two opposites in one picture.

http://www.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Christina-Hendricks/Christina-Hendricks-1285137.jpg

Two opposites?

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 07:46 AM

Betty was a bitch to Sally LONG before she and Don split. I think it's because she and her own mother had such a shitty relationship. She doesn't do the whole mommy/daughter thing very well.

leemajors
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Betty was a bitch to Sally LONG before she and Don split. I think it's because she and her own mother had such a shitty relationship. She doesn't do the whole mommy/daughter thing very well.

She likely also resents her for being a Daddy's girl like herself even though he was never around when they were together. The therapist insisting Betty see one as well was pretty funny.

Melmart1
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Can't speak for everyone, but I don't personally know any women who view either character in such simplistic terms. Or men. They're both pretty fucked up characters.

Same here. And although I sympathized with her a bit when she caught wind of what was going on, her behavior towards her daughter through the last two seasons has really turned me off to her character. Particularly when she slapped her for cutting her hair, the reason being her school pictures and what the neighbors think. No concern for WHY the child did it, just for what others will think. Makes me ill.

I think she needs the counseling more than her daughter. I mean, she was there to talk to the psychiatrist about her daughter and made it all about her! I wanted to slap her!

And, am I stupid or is her name Betty or Betsy? Please tell me I haven't been watching four seasons of this show and never knew her name was Betsy? I thought it was Elizabeth, Betty for short?

Melmart1
08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh, and speaking of AMC, I haven't watched Rubicon yet but it seems like it's had mixed reviews from people I know. I will still likely catch the pilot sometime to see what the fuss is about.

Also, they have a new drama premiering on Halloween: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/24/amc-walking-dead-trailer/

At first I thought AMC doing zombies would be lame but this isn't the usual gory zombiefest, it looks like we might get some actual character development here. Never read the comic books it is based on but I will at least give this one a few episodes and see what it's like.

And I give AMC props for going there. It's vastly different from their other original programming. Someone there has some brass balls.

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
And, am I stupid or is her name Betty or Betsy? Please tell me I haven't been watching four seasons of this show and never knew her name was Betsy? I thought it was Elizabeth, Betty for short?

People who are casual acquaintances tend to call her Betty, but I do remember Don calling her Bets'. Both Betty and Betsy are diminuatives of Elizabeth.

Betty is really no better than Don in her own way. She went out and had some casual revenge sex in the cloakroom of that bar after she found out about Don' affairs, and she was definitely shopping for Mr. Betty #2 long before Don's secret was forced out. An episode or two ago, when Don was talking to Anna, he said that he knew that it was going to be over the minute Betty found out he was essentially a Hillybilly nobody. Don was no prince, but Betty is extremely class conscious, and I think she would have dumped him without any affairs on the table. YMMV.

DJ Mbenga
08-24-2010, 06:29 PM
saw the pilot. im definetely going to try and knock out a season this week.

CuckingFunt
08-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Also, they have a new drama premiering on Halloween: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/24/amc-walking-dead-trailer/

At first I thought AMC doing zombies would be lame but this isn't the usual gory zombiefest, it looks like we might get some actual character development here. Never read the comic books it is based on but I will at least give this one a few episodes and see what it's like.

And I give AMC props for going there. It's vastly different from their other original programming. Someone there has some brass balls.

I'm hugely looking forward to "The Walking Dead." I haven't had the chance to read very much of the comics, but what little I've read is fantastic.

Melmart1
08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
People who are casual acquaintances tend to call her Betty, but I do remember Don calling her Bets'. Both Betty and Betsy are diminuatives of Elizabeth.

Betty is really no better than Don in her own way. She went out and had some casual revenge sex in the cloakroom of that bar after she found out about Don' affairs, and she was definitely shopping for Mr. Betty #2 long before Don's secret was forced out. An episode or two ago, when Don was talking to Anna, he said that he knew that it was going to be over the minute Betty found out he was essentially a Hillybilly nobody. Don was no prince, but Betty is extremely class conscious, and I think she would have dumped him without any affairs on the table. YMMV.

OK, I know about Betts but not Betsy. Either way ...

I agree about Betty being just as bad, in a different way. I started to hate her in that one scene (I think it was last season) where her daughter was playing at her makeup table and Betty bent over to put on her lipstick and didn't even acknowledge her. It was a very short but poignant scene, I thought. Her being in the presence of her daughter and yet not even looking at her. I've pretty much despised the character ever since.

The last episode was great, setting up a fake commercial shoot. Makes me want to cheer for Don for the first time ever.

CuckingFunt
08-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I've never liked Betty as a character. I have at times sympathized with her, of course, because regardless whether or not I like her it's not fun to find out your husband's been cheating on you, but have never seen her as a wholly sympathetic character. She's got the emotional maturity of a 2-year-old.

Don, on the other hand, has always struck me as a character who is flawed, but is at his core a pretty decent guy. He's an asshole, unquestionably, but not evil, which is a big distinction.

Melmart1
08-24-2010, 07:27 PM
If he could be like he is around Anna all the time, he wouldn't be such an asshole. But I am not sure he can be that way and still be in the advertising game. If anyone is going to help him do that though (since Anna will presumably be dead soon, if not already), it would be Peggy. He has been equal parts fatherly and callous asshole to her, but they seem to really care about each other. When she tried on Faye's ring during that focus group a couple of episodes ago, the way he looked at her, and how she popped her head over the office walls to check on him ... lots of little things like that make me think she will help redeem him in some way or another.

I've always thought he was a bastard, but this season I want to root for him. Bigtime.

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 08:03 PM
:lmao Peggy is my absolute favorite character on the show, and also the one that's grown and changed the most.

Peggy: I have a boyfriend.
Friend: He doesn't own your vagina!!
Peggy: No, but he's renting it.

:lol

Funt, I've always thought of Betty as a petulant little girl, a case of arrested development. I think her parents fostered that, that she was a product of the era.

Mel, I'm not sure his behavior around Anna is anything other than her knowing exactly who and what he is, and accepting him, anyway. If he had that, he could be happier and an Ad Man supreme.

Melmart1
08-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I love Peggy, too. I also love the closure her and Pete seemed to get last episode. Right now though the best comic relief is from Mrs. Blankenship. "YOUR DAUGHTER'S PSYCHIATRIST CALLED!!!!!!" And the way she wouldn't give Pete the bottle of sake because it was addressed to Don and not him. :lmao

leemajors
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
A lot of people think this is setting up a reveal that Betty's father did some unsavory things to her. Not sure what I think about that.

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
A lot of people think this is setting up a reveal that Betty's father did some unsavory things to her. Not sure what I think about that.

Ew. That old man was tight with Sally, too, while living with them. Maybe that's why she's masturbating at sleepovers....

leemajors
08-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Ew. That old man was tight with Sally, too, while living with them. Maybe that's why she's masturbating at sleepovers....

Yeah, ew. I would hope the writers stay away from anything that easy.

Jacob1983
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Don is a dick somtimes and loves the ladies but he never brags about his sex life or mentions it to anyone which is interesting. He keeps that stuff private. Betty should stop her bitching to Don. He's paying for the house that her and her new husband are living in right now.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah, ew. I would hope the writers stay away from anything that easy.

I have enough trust in the writers to assume that if they went there they would hopefully be able to avoid the cliches, but... Yeah. Just feels too easy.

leemajors
08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I do have to admit I look forward to the Jezebel comment threads on their Mad Men recaps. The feminists are waging war with each other and anyone else in the Don v. Betty argument.

Spurminator
08-25-2010, 12:27 PM
This is the first season I've watched live, and I have to say I like it a lot better that way.

leemajors
08-25-2010, 04:41 PM
This is the first season I've watched live, and I have to say I like it a lot better that way.

UVerse doesn't have AMC in HD :/

Spurminator
08-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Damn, really? That surprises me.

FiOS does. Boom.

Jacob1983
08-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Directv doesn't have AMC in HD either. I think Fios is the only cable provider that has AMC in HD. I bought the first season of Mad Men on Blu Ray last week and that was the first time I had ever seen it in HD. Big difference.

oh crap
08-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Directv doesn't have AMC in HD either. I think Fios is the only cable provider that has AMC in HD. I bought the first season of Mad Men on Blu Ray last week and that was the first time I had ever seen it in HD. Big difference.

got blu ray but always watched mad men live or on the computer, bet Betty looks amazing on it. might have to go back now just to see..

DJ Mbenga
08-26-2010, 12:47 AM

didnt dish network just announce they have it in hd? that is dissapointing its not in hd. i want to get hd but now ill just go for netflix blu ray instead.

leemajors
08-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Hamm is hilarious on the Comedy Death Ray podcast when he appears.

oh crap
08-31-2010, 02:00 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/08/31/t1larg.mad.men.cover.jpg
\
january jones is smokin on the new rolling stone cover

Bender
08-31-2010, 02:39 PM
I must be the only one here who has never seen this show.

JoeChalupa
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
I must be the only one here who has never seen this show.

I've never watched it nor have I watched Lost.

Bender
08-31-2010, 03:28 PM
I've never seen an episode of Lost either.

I need to buy you a beer sometime, joe.

oh crap
09-06-2010, 03:17 AM

CuckingFunt
09-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Last night's episode was really, really good.

Melmart1
09-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Holy.Fucking.Shit.

That was easily the best episode of a season which I think is their best yet. Unbelievably written and acted. I love the interactions between Don and Peggy.

Jacob1983
09-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Don was funny when he was drunk. Is he going to screw Peggy?

ChuckD
09-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Don was funny when he was drunk. Is he going to screw Peggy?

The only time he was funny was when they were listening to the tape, and I think it was more the subject matter than Don. The rest of his bender was pathetic.

I hope he winds up with Peggy, that he has his realization that the reason he was always happy with Ana was because she DID know who he was, and that the nearest thing to that now is Peggy. I think if they were just going to "screw" they'd have done it by now.

Jacob1983
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Peggy deserves better in my opinion. She can do better than Don. Besides, he treats her like crap and and doesn't give her props. Don was out of his element in last night's episode. He never really shows emotions like he did in that episode.

CuckingFunt
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Don's been spiraling all season and I think Peggy is going to be a big part of him getting back on track. She has to be, really. Whether it's because they form a friendship or because he eventually treats her so badly that he pushes her away completely, I don't know, but there's really no other character on the show who will call him on his bullshit and/or who he'll actually listen to when she does it.

I'd be surprised if they fucked or became involved, though. Based on the fact that he and Anna were never romantically involved (other than flirting, unless I'm forgetting something, which is possible), I suspect he knows he's enough of an asshole to not get involved with the women he genuinely cares about or relies upon.

leemajors
09-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Very good episode. Don holds Peggy to a high standard. He had a very good point about her counting her ideas two years in, and how the company owns the ads. You gotta put in the work.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
i just saw this shit.

what a fuck of a show.

poorly written and executed even worse on the acting side.

another show that a few snobby, tight ass white sluts speak highly of and the rest of the pale cows that follow the likes of media gashes such as oprah and the sluts on the view, flock to this shit like it was an all in one stop shop specializing in discount shoes, shitty opinions and magnum sized dildos.

this show, much like the rest of the mainstream media shit, caters to homosexuals and promotes lesbianism.

this show is shit and if you like it, then you have a twisted perception of reality.

ChuckD
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Peggy deserves better in my opinion. She can do better than Don. Besides, he treats her like crap and and doesn't give her props. Don was out of his element in last night's episode. He never really shows emotions like he did in that episode.

Don drunk -> emotions
Don sober -> robot

ChumpDumper
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
i just saw this shit.

what a fuck of a show.

poorly written and executed even worse on the acting side.

another show that a few snobby, tight ass white sluts speak highly of and the rest of the pale cows that follow the likes of media gashes such as oprah and the sluts on the view, flock to this shit like it was an all in one stop shop specializing in discount shoes, shitty opinions and magnum sized dildos.

this show, much like the rest of the mainstream media shit, caters to homosexuals and promotes lesbianism.

this show is shit and if you like it, then you have a twisted perception of reality.That was almost funny.

ChuckD
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
That was almost funny.

Actually, it was as lame a troll job as I've seen in over a year.

Melmart1
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
A friend on Twitter posted this, she is also a fan of the show. I thought some of them were pretty funny.

http://saddondraper.tumblr.com/

Jacob1983
09-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I think the main reason why Don was upset over Anna's death is because of what he did in the past and he did not tell her that she had cancer. He felt guilty for that stuff. What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.

ChuckD
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I think the main reason why Don was upset over Anna's death is because of what he did in the past and he did not tell her that she had cancer. He felt guilty for that stuff. What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.

Characters have been left behind every season on Mad Men. Betty has really become a shrewish bitch, and if they could possibly show her even LESS, I'd thank them

Did you also notice that in it's last season, Mad Men is also doing call backs like Lost did? Freddie Rumson, Ken Cosgrove, a drunken lecherous Duck...who's next, I wonder?

ChumpDumper
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Characters have been left behind every season on Mad Men. Betty has really become a shrewish bitch, and if they could possibly show her even LESS, I'd thank them

Did you also notice that in it's last season, Mad Men is also doing call backs like Lost did? Freddie Rumson, Ken Cosgrove, a drunken lecherous Duck...who's next, I wonder?Ghey dude.

B-Hath
09-08-2010, 01:11 AM

I'm fine with not seeing Betty. January Jones is an abysmal actress.

Oh, and the last episode was great. Nice to see Elisabeth Moss get the chance to square off with Hamm. But last seasons finale was the best hour of television I've ever seen.

CuckingFunt
09-08-2010, 02:16 AM
What's up with Mad Men being like Lost in the sense that you don't get to see every character in every episode? Betty has barely been seen this season. I know that Betty and Don are divorced but she's a major character on the show.

Lost? How about every hour long ensemble drama in the history of television?

Did you also notice that in it's last season, Mad Men is also doing call backs like Lost did? Freddie Rumson, Ken Cosgrove, a drunken lecherous Duck...who's next, I wonder?

I don't know that characters who were regulars in season three (Cosgrove and Duck) can really be considered some sort of "call back" when they show up in season four.

I get that Lost was a cultural phenomenon, or whatever, but it's not like it reinvented TV.

oh crap
09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
i don't know if it's just me, but this season seems to be getting better and better. joan is still a massive bitch, betty is still hot (don't care who disagrees) and just when i think i'll lose interest, i'm proven wrong every time. i like what don said about people showing us who they are but just seeing them for what we want them to be. great episode.

CuckingFunt
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Why is Joan a massive bitch? Because she didn't appreciate being blatantly disrespected by her coworkers? I didn't necessarily agree with the way she went after Peggy for firing Joey, but certainly thought she was justified in being upset with everything else.

And January Jones may be pretty, but Betty is most definitely not hot. No bigger turn off than a temper tantrum.

oh crap
09-13-2010, 12:32 AM
she's been a bitch since day 1 as a dime a dozen secretary and while others (and possibly you) may appreciate her bust and figure, the way she completely bitched peggy out for taking action on her behalf was uncalled for and textbook joan. hence it being difficult to feel remotely bad for her when she was being disrespected. hardly a sympathetic figure. as for betty, i know i'm biased since i've been in love since season 1 but she still manages to get me. and i'd call it a melt down more so than a temper tantrum. she's obviously still not over don and couldn't handle it. not saying she handled it appropriately but not sure i'd classify it as a temper tantrum.

Melmart1
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I have no love for the character Betty, and I think people who find January Jones hot mix up the character and the actress. The character is selfish, childish and extremely maddening. I did appreciate how she let Don come see his son on his bday after all, but since it's what she should have done in the first place, hard to give her credit for it. That's like giving a guy props for paying child support and not abandoning his kids ... he's SUPPOSED to do that.

As for Joan, she didn't need to be so bitchy, but considering her hubby is about to go to basic training (and then likely off to Vietnam), I can cut her some slack. If she had been in a better mental state, she would have handled it differently.

But I think her relationship with Peggy has always been complex, and it's not as easy as just calling her a bitch. I think part of her wants to help Peggy by giving her tough love (not unlike Don) and the other half is probably jealous of how Peggy got out of the secretary pool. Put those two dynamics together and you are going to have fireworks sometimes.

leemajors
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Some really good episodes lately. Don trying to crawl(swim) out of the hole he put himself is good stuff, but I have to wonder if it will last. I was still shocked he didn't taker her home.

oh crap
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
enjoyed last nights episode. and while i know it was for all the wrong reasons, it was awesome seeing Lane take one to the face.

Jacob1983
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
That was very messed up what Lane's dad did to him. His dad is a senior citizen and beating his ass. That's not cool or appropriate. It probably didn't help that Lane is dating a black woman too.

Don's really in a mess. The guilt is starting to get to him and it's making him sick. I was surprised that he confided in Faye about his secret. He better hope that she won't spill the beans. Peggy wasn't in any of the episode either which kind of sucked. Joan is hot but I agree that she is a stuck up bitch.

oh crap
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
a part of me wonders if joan actually went through with the abortion after the conversation in the waiting room. and is it just me or did her bust look bigger than ever?!

21_Dickings
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
I owe Vinny Kartheiser 5.00.

ChuckD
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
she's been a bitch since day 1 as a dime a dozen secretary and while others (and possibly you) may appreciate her bust and figure, the way she completely bitched peggy out for taking action on her behalf was uncalled for and textbook joan. hence it being difficult to feel remotely bad for her when she was being disrespected. hardly a sympathetic figure. as for betty, i know i'm biased since i've been in love since season 1 but she still manages to get me. and i'd call it a melt down more so than a temper tantrum. she's obviously still not over don and couldn't handle it. not saying she handled it appropriately but not sure i'd classify it as a temper tantrum.

You realize that Joan is MUCH more than just a dime a dozen secretary, don't you? She's basically what would today be called an office manager. Without her knowledge of the workings of the office, the new firm never happens, because none of the principles knew where anything was, or what was important to steal.

DJ Mbenga
10-01-2010, 06:19 PM

she isnt missed. her childish tantrums had to go. they clearly are showing the once adorable daughter quickly becoming a mirror image of her mother. i was happy to see alison brie but then saw her in that awful maternity lingerie or some outfit.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/09/MAD-MEN-HANDS-AND-KNEES-44.jpg

it was also funny to see lane get pimp smacked by his father

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/09/father-abuse-lane.gif

DJ Mbenga
10-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I have no love for the character Betty, and I think people who find January Jones hot mix up the character and the actress. The character is selfish, childish and extremely maddening. I did appreciate how she let Don come see his son on his bday after all, but since it's what she should have done in the first place, hard to give her credit for it. That's like giving a guy props for paying child support and not abandoning his kids ... he's SUPPOSED to do that.

As for Joan, she didn't need to be so bitchy, but considering her hubby is about to go to basic training (and then likely off to Vietnam), I can cut her some slack. If she had been in a better mental state, she would have handled it differently.

But I think her relationship with Peggy has always been complex, and it's not as easy as just calling her a bitch. I think part of her wants to help Peggy by giving her tough love (not unlike Don) and the other half is probably jealous of how Peggy got out of the secretary pool. Put those two dynamics together and you are going to have fireworks sometimes.

peggy is everything joan wanted or thought she could be. it will be interesting how she handles lane leaving and basically leaving her to run the whole operation. she will be closer to peggy in having a legit job. joan just speaks to people like a bitch cause she has trouble expressing her emotions. "she just takes it" in a sense. of course once she cant take it she snaps:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/10/26/madmen1.gif

Jacob1983
10-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Alison Brie is hot but she was not hot in that terrible maternity outfit. The writers need to move a long a little bit in the timeline so she can have her baby and not wear ugly clothes anymore. What are the chances Don comes clean about his secret to everyone and faces the consequences this season?

leemajors
10-02-2010, 07:39 AM
peggy is everything joan wanted or thought she could be. it will be interesting how she handles lane leaving and basically leaving her to run the whole operation. she will be closer to peggy in having a legit job. joan just speaks to people like a bitch cause she has trouble expressing her emotions. "she just takes it" in a sense. of course once she cant take it she snaps:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/10/26/madmen1.gif

Was that taken from after he raped her?

CuckingFunt
10-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Was that taken from after he raped her?

Yes, but not immediately after. I think in the show's timeline it would have been at least a couple years after they got married, but I can't remember exactly which episode that was.

leemajors
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes, but not immediately after. I think in the show's timeline it would have been at least a couple years after they got married, but I can't remember exactly which episode that was.

IMO any outburst after an event like that would be understandable. With little emotional outlet and scarce help available, outbursts like that would not be unexpected. Joan gets shit all the time (from males and females) and pretty much has to bear it. The women in this show are quite fascinating, the insight into their plight at the time is ridiculously good. The treatment of children is also depressing. It was always understood as a male dominated society things were that way, but it certainly has opened my eyes quite a bit. We may not have come such a long way since then in the grand scheme of things, but something like this shows it has been quite a leap.

Cock-n-balls
10-02-2010, 12:03 PM
The tits on that ginger are unreal

DJ Mbenga
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
looks like the next episode betty will be on. i guess matthew weiner doesnt understand fans dont want to see her.

Jacob1983
10-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Only 2 episodes left of this season. It's gone by fast. It sucks that their company is falling apart after being in business for a short time. I really think that Don didn't want to screw his secretary. I think he only did it because she wanted it. He wants to be with Faye. She's weird. She acts like she's a powerful independent professional woman sometimes then she acts like a needy submissive woman at others.

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM
She acts like she's a powerful independent professional woman sometimes then she acts like a needy submissive woman at others.I know this is a tv show but like I told you in your afraid-of-pussy thread. Appearances are deceiving. I've encountered many in my walk through life.

Jacob1983
10-06-2010, 02:22 AM
You're affraid of pussy? That sucks. :lol

Cock-n-balls
10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
You're affraid of pussy? That sucks. :lol

You're the one in your mid-20's and still a virgin, you fuckstick. I would think you're "affraid" of pussy. It also looks like you're afraid of a fucking dictionary. Fuckwad.

ChuckD
10-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Interesting Youtube mashup. The singer is Allison Williams, daughter of NBC anchorman Brian Williams. This was done in one continuous take, no overdubs or autotuning. You know, actually singing the song.

OEj0z0maxzM

AnthonyM
10-17-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm not caught up yet, so I haven't read the majority of this thread, but episode 7 of season 4, The Suitcase, was one of the best hours of any show I've ever seen.

Really great episode. Hamm's portrayal of Draper's downfall this season has been fantastic. Near perfect.

DJ Mbenga
10-18-2010, 12:21 AM
great end to the season. sucks joan is gonna be pregnant, but the good news is her boobs will get even bigger! betty is just about a useless character including that neighbor kid or as i like to call him alfred molina mini me. dont think i buy the new don marriage, i think he still wants that blond, and it looks like peggy might have a thing for don or am i wrong?

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Mmmm Hendricks' rack

Melmart1
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
No, Peggy was upset because she brought in new business, first in over 2 months and his engagement was a bigger deal than them potentially not going out of business. She has always wanted recognition and even now she isn't getting any.

leemajors
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
props to draper for reading (and Weiner for including) the Spy Who Came in from the Cold. Le Carre = excellent.

ChuckD
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
No, Peggy was upset because she brought in new business, first in over 2 months and his engagement was a bigger deal than them potentially not going out of business. She has always wanted recognition and even now she isn't getting any.

Peggy and Don have a little thing, although neither of them really wants to accept it now: Peggy,because she sees how he treats women he's involved with, and Don, because Peg isn't a passive noodle.

Glad to see Betty's new hubby take a chunk out of her conceited ass, and call her on her inconsistency about continuity for the kids.

ChuckD
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
great end to the season. sucks joan is gonna be pregnant, but the good news is her boobs will get even bigger! betty is just about a useless character including that neighbor kid or as i like to call him alfred molina mini me. dont think i buy the new don marriage, i think he still wants that blond, and it looks like peggy might have a thing for don or am i wrong?

That creepy little kid Glen is played by Matt Weiner's son, so he probably isn't gone for good.

If Joan's boobs get too much bigger, she's just going to fall over. :lol

AnthonyM
10-19-2010, 04:32 AM

It was a good ending. That proposal by Don was sort of out of left field. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out next season.

I think that Don and Peggy have a connection between them that will always linger. They both know things about each other and trust each other. I think Peggy has always wanted recognition by Don, rather than just being another girl for him, and that has lead to attraction for him.

Don, on the other hand, likes that Peggy has sort of earned her worth at the company, but still doesn't respect her as much as he should, or at least until recently. I think he has some sort of attraction to her, but also views her as a daughter type, or even someone to him like Anna was to him.

It was pretty obvious to me that Joan didn't have the abortion. idk if it was just her getting fatter, since she's not that skinny to begin with, or they were purposely showing a baby bump, but either way, pretty obvious.

I hope shitty things happen to Betty next season if they show her. I don't know what she expected at the end when Don comes to the house, but it's clear, and has been, that she's not over him. She is a terrible mother, doesn't know what she wants and deserves to be alone. The difference between her and Don is that she had everything she ever wanted growing up, it seems, and is just a spoiled brat that can never be satisfied and is still a horrible person.

Don is no saint, but at least he's inherently a good person. His mom was a prostitute, and he watched his Dad live dirt poor, and die from a kick to the face from a horse. Add to that that the people that took care of him after that hated him, and that's why Don has the commitment issues and problems that he has. Not to mention he's not even who he says he is.

Also, I don't know how January Jones hasn't won a best actress Emmy yet, because I'm not ever sure I've hated a character so much after initially liking her. Doubt she'll win one for season 4 though since she wasn't in about half of the season.

Hopefully, Hamm wins an Emmy for season 4. He arguably could have won one instead of Cranston winning it for the last three years.

EricB
10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I think the trip to California and Megan showing how much she cared for the kids and cared for them well as opposed to Betty who could care less about having kids, and Faye acted frightened of the kids and could care less about them. Don loves his kids and I think thats what swayed him to marry Megan. Joan and Peggy almost merging forces it seems looks like it could be an interesting subplot to next year and the creeping twords the 70s. Maybe having Don file for full custody of the kids, Joan's husband getting killed in 'Nam while shes at home pregnant.

Lots of avenues to go down.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I was totally hoping for Bets to find out about the wedding and have an Emmy-winning meltdown.

Jacob1983
10-19-2010, 11:56 PM
So was Don proposing to Megan jumping the shark? You have to admit it was a big surprise. Faye came off as a needy nut who had issues and she didn't know how to deal with Don's kids. Good season finale though.

Mark in Austin
10-20-2010, 12:59 AM
i was totally hoping for bets to find out about the wedding and have an emmy-winning meltdown.

+1.

DJ Mbenga
10-21-2010, 12:46 AM
It was a good ending. That proposal by Don was sort of out of left field. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out next season.

I think that Don and Peggy have a connection between them that will always linger. They both know things about each other and trust each other. I think Peggy has always wanted recognition by Don, rather than just being another girl for him, and that has lead to attraction for him.

Don, on the other hand, likes that Peggy has sort of earned her worth at the company, but still doesn't respect her as much as he should, or at least until recently. I think he has some sort of attraction to her, but also views her as a daughter type, or even someone to him like Anna was to him.

It was pretty obvious to me that Joan didn't have the abortion. idk if it was just her getting fatter, since she's not that skinny to begin with, or they were purposely showing a baby bump, but either way, pretty obvious.

I hope shitty things happen to Betty next season if they show her. I don't know what she expected at the end when Don comes to the house, but it's clear, and has been, that she's not over him. She is a terrible mother, doesn't know what she wants and deserves to be alone. The difference between her and Don is that she had everything she ever wanted growing up, it seems, and is just a spoiled brat that can never be satisfied and is still a horrible person.

Don is no saint, but at least he's inherently a good person. His mom was a prostitute, and he watched his Dad live dirt poor, and die from a kick to the face from a horse. Add to that that the people that took care of him after that hated him, and that's why Don has the commitment issues and problems that he has. Not to mention he's not even who he says he is.

Also, I don't know how January Jones hasn't won a best actress Emmy yet, because I'm not ever sure I've hated a character so much after initially liking her. Doubt she'll win one for season 4 though since she wasn't in about half of the season.

Hopefully, Hamm wins an Emmy for season 4. He arguably could have won one instead of Cranston winning it for the last three years.

yeah this makes more sense. certainly a romance between them would ruin the show, think of hanical lector and clarice hooking up. peggy just wants recognition and don kind of says who cares if you just saved the company meh. certainly people hate betty for reasons already stated, but a lot of people hate her casue of january jones. make no mistake i would bang her in a second but its debatable if its amazing acting of hers or its her horrific acting that makes her hatable.

her character and hatred has been a topic of discusiion lately. if you dont beleive me see the following links. in fact a historian argues mad men is probably the most "femenist" tv show out there( most of their writers are women) ( i cant link that article the washington post wants people registered or some shit):

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/10/betty_draper_mad_mens_resident.html
http://jezebel.com/5667853/betty-draper-francis-still-needs-your-love

hamm has the emmy locked up. why you ask? breaking bad wont debut until july meaning he isnt eligible for the 4peat. of course some dexter fans have some arguments about michael c hall.

IronMaxipad
11-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Mad Men S1-S3 Blu-ray are going to be $9.99 each starting tonight at Midnight(Pacific Time) Till the 27th

Edit: forgot to mention where.. :lol

Amazon.com

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
looks like this wont be back until early 2012. how in the world can the most critically praised show not get a contract. i understand how the wire would struggle to get every season renewed cause of ratings, but this show has them and it makes money. its a good thing i love breaking bad. makes the wait easier

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/mad-men-close-to-season-5-renewal-but-when-will-amc-air-it

The Gemini Method
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM
looks like this wont be back until early 2012. how in the world can the most critically praised show not get a contract. i understand how the wire would struggle to get every season renewed cause of ratings, but this show has them and it makes money. its a good thing i love breaking bad. makes the wait easier

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/mad-men-close-to-season-5-renewal-but-when-will-amc-air-it

This sucks...Well, now I mean, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad will have to cover for Mad Men I guess.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Hopefully Christina will do some nude layouts til then :wakeup

The Gemini Method
03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Hopefully Christina will do some nude layouts til then :wakeup

Or, a nice video with Draper's soon-to-be new wife...that would work for me also...

leemajors
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM

AMC wants them to cut two of the cast to save money, and shove more product placement into it, as well as cutting two minutes per episode to shove more commercials in. I applaud Weiner for balking at this, this show is their moneymaker:

http://jezebel.com/#!5786656/mad-men-talks-fall-apart-over-networks-crappy-demands

The Gemini Method
03-29-2011, 01:43 PM
AMC wants them to cut two of the cast to save money, and shove more product placement into it, as well as cutting two minutes per episode to shove more commercials in. I applaud Weiner for balking at this, this show is their moneymaker:

http://jezebel.com/#!5786656/mad-men-talks-fall-apart-over-networks-crappy-demands

I agree. This is nonsense--hope Matt gets his way...this show is too good to just toil and end.

CuckingFunt
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd rather have late Mad Men that's of good quality than no Mad Men or crappy rushed Mad Men.

The Gemini Method
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd rather have late Mad Men that's of good quality than no Mad Men or crappy rushed Mad Men.

Very true...

ChuckD
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
AMC is pissing me off these days. They've been Good TV Central for a couple of years now, but seem determined to fuck it up. First, by delaying Breaking Bad, it missed the window for next year's Emmys, so Bryan Cranston gets screwed out of the chance to win his fourth in a row. Now, they're getting cheap with MM. Pull it together, assholes.

Jacob1983
03-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Delaying Mad Men is almost as bad as a this

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

oh crap
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
This finally starts on Sunday. :hungry:Betty!

JoeChalupa
03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I still haven't watched one episode.

IronMaxipad
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
This finally starts on Sunday. :hungry:Betty!

Finally!
I think it's a 2 hour episode as well. :clap

oh crap
03-26-2012, 12:56 AM
i'll be damned if don's wife didn't look sexy doing her little song

Jacob1983
03-26-2012, 01:41 AM
I thought tonight's episode was probably one of the funniest one's I've ever seen. When Harry said what he said about Don's wife right when she was behind him, that was classic.

T Park
03-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Roger Sterling's one liners are things of beauty.

PakiDan
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Campbell needs a good punch in the face.

lefty
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/howboutitsucked.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Does Christina ever get nekkid???????

lefty
03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Sons, Don Daper deserves to be cheated on !

Beautiful wife :D

La Peace
03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Don Drapers wife has weird teeth.

Should have married the doctor with good teeth.

DesignatedT
03-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Premier was okay. I've heard the season gets much better as it goes though. Can't wait for Sunday. Love this show.

Don needs to get rid of this crazy bitch already and get back to his old ways. A happy Don is a boring Don tbqh.

Reck
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Premier was okay. I've heard the season gets much better as it goes though. Can't wait for Sunday. Love this show.

Don needs to get rid of this crazy bitch already and get back to his old ways. A happy Don is a boring Don tbqh.

LOL you sound like one of those chicks watching a telenovela on telemundo. :lol

Jacob1983
03-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Don is a pimp and a boss.

IronMaxipad
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/p0HSE.gif

DesignatedT
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
LOL you sound like one of those chicks watching a telenovela on telemundo. :lol

I'm not mexican. I don't understand.

Woo Bum-kon
03-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Megan has the biggest fucking mouth I have ever seen. South Park had it right about Canadians.

DesignatedT
04-01-2012, 09:20 PM
wtf happened to betty draper :lol

Wild Cobra Kai
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
OMG, it was a long off season, but was January Jones eating 3 or 4 cheeseburgers EVERY DAMN DAY??? WTF? She was a bitch, but a honey. Not a honey no' mo'. That back shot of her getting out of the tub was GROSS. Betty didn't even want Henry to see her.

DesignatedT
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
:lol

oh crap
04-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Gah, they made Betty fat?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wild Cobra Kai
04-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Gah, they made Betty fat?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Part of the show plot. She probably packed on like 40 lbs.

leemajors
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Part of the show plot. She probably packed on like 40 lbs.

that and she was preggers when they taped.

PakiDan
04-02-2012, 11:13 AM
OMG, it was a long off season, but was January Jones eating 3 or 4 cheeseburgers EVERY DAMN DAY??? WTF? She was a bitch, but a honey. Not a honey no' mo'. That back shot of her getting out of the tub was GROSS. Betty didn't even want Henry to see her.

Watch it in HD. That fatness was definitely computer enhanced.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
that and she was preggers when they taped.
Yeah, I read that today.

Watch it in HD. That fatness was definitely computer enhanced.
They used a non-pregnant body double for the tub exit scene, too.

resistanze
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
No one watched this one on Sunday? One of these best episodes I've seen in a while :lol

oh crap
05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I hate fat Betty. and Don's "I don't think about you at all" line in the elevator was awesome.

redzero
05-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I hate Betty.

fify

January Jones tricked me into believing that she wasn't a completely terrible actress with her performance in Mad Men. I thought her wooden acting was all part of the character she played, but it turns out that she plays Betty Draper in all the roles that she is in.

CuckingFunt
05-13-2012, 11:14 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7241/the18differentactingexp.jpg

Wild Cobra Kai
05-14-2012, 12:14 AM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7241/the18differentactingexp.jpg

They're playing this fat thing for all it's worth. I LOLd when her hip hit the lamp at Don's apartment when she was picking up the kids. She almost knocked it over. :lol

redzero
05-28-2012, 12:47 PM
I know this is a week late, but lol at Joan throwing that model plane at the receptionist.

CuckingFunt
05-28-2012, 12:57 PM
I know this is a week late, but lol at Joan throwing that model plane at the receptionist.

That was hilarious.

Last night's episode was fucking bleak, though. One of the few times the 60s era gender politics has made me legitimately uncomfortable.

redzero
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Don has become a white knight this season. It's really strange.

CuckingFunt
05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Don has become a white knight this season. It's really strange.

He and Joan have always had an interesting dynamic.

redzero
05-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe he'll marry her at the end of the season. With the ways things are abruptly happening, nothing will come as a shock.

IronMexican
05-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Shit was crazy, brah.

resistanze
05-28-2012, 02:39 PM
This might be the strongest season yet, tbh.

redzero
05-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Peggy leaving came out of nowhere. Sure, she and Don had a few arguments lately, but I wasn't expecting her to jump ship.

Lane having money problems also came out of nowhere. Or maybe I missed something. And now he's embezzling from the company and commiting forgery.

This season has been crazy. The best part is January Jones's diminished role.

CuckingFunt
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Lane having money problems also came out of nowhere. Or maybe I missed something. And now he's embezzling from the company and commiting forgery.

The extent of Lane's money issues has been somewhat surprising, but he's had a preoccupation with money for a while, if I remember correctly. Seems there's always been stress about the cost of having his family in New York instead of London, for instance. Been a while since I've watched the earlier seasons, though, so I could be remembering it wrong.

This season has been crazy. The best part is January Jones's diminished role.

Fact.

resistanze
05-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Focus on Joan >>(infinity)>> Focus on Betty

redzero
05-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Seeing Joan and Don have a long, personal conversation for once was also surprising. If Peggy doesn't come back the agency, Joan should get more spotlight.

angelbelow
05-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Another great episode. Don's reaction to Peggy leaving was memorable to say the least.

Not surprised to see how unpopular Betty's character is. What do you guys dislike about her?
-Her character on the show?
-January's acting?

For me its a combination of the two.

redzero
05-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Not surprised to see how unpopular Betty's character is. What do you guys dislike about her?
-Her character on the show?
-January's acting?

Yes.

leemajors
05-29-2012, 08:16 AM
they got me pretty good with that one. thanks everyone for not giving much away.

redzero
06-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh Don, you were doing so well this season. Then you had to murder somebody.

CuckingFunt
06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh Don, you were doing so well this season. Then you had to murder somebody.

Maybe Don could have handled it differently, but he fucked up. Repeatedly. And in a big enough way that Don can't really have been expected to just give him a pass. If anything, I thought Don went out of his way to be kind (or at least understanding) by not telling the rest of the partners what was going on and giving him an opportunity to save face.

resistanze
06-04-2012, 11:59 AM
:lol I said out loud 'watch him off himself' when he shook hands with Don.

That Glen kid is still weird as ever.

PakiDan
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
It was awesome to see Don return to previous seasons form, even if it was only for one meeting.

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
:lol I said out loud 'watch him off himself' when he shook hands with Don.

That Glen kid is still weird as ever.

Yes. When he went back to his office I turned to my girlfriend and said "he's going to jump out of his window." I actually liked Lane, this season is really shaping up to be the best yet, I really have no idea what's going to happen next.

redzero
06-11-2012, 12:24 AM
So it took four seasons for Don to finally care about what happened to his brother.

PakiDan
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Best. Season. Yet.

DesignatedT
06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't say best season yet but the last 3 episodes were really good. The last bar scene with Don was epic.

oh crap
06-11-2012, 11:29 AM
it wasn't my favorite season but it did really pick up as it went on, and yeah that last scene was great.

CuckingFunt
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
SYMBOLISM!!

All in all I thought it was a good episode, though. I've been reading reviews and comments that mention disappointment in its lack of big plot developments, which I assume is just based on how much the previous two episodes were about big things happening, but that complaint seems odd to me. It's always been more of a character show than a plot show. I thought we got great character development with the finale.

DesignatedT
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I think people were just expecting more because in the previous 4 seasons the season finale left huge cliffhangers for the next season. (betty finallycheating on don and telling him shes pregnant at the end of season 2, betty learned dons true identity and the guys start their own company at the end of season 3, don proposes to megan out of nowhere at the end of season 4, etc. )

It seems that the second to last episode was really the finale this season and i didn't really mind that. I wish they would have gone away from the megan/pete storylines a little more the last episode but overall I thought it was good.

There were some important things that happened this episode though. SCDP expanded and bought more room above them, Don is apparently going back to his old tricks, Roger doing lsd at the end of the episode could maybe show he's becoming dependent on the drug, etc.

Not the best season IMO (I'd have to go with 3 and 4 as being the best seasons) but they are all phenomenal.

oh crap
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
hopefully this means skinny betty is back this season
http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/mad-men-season-6-cast-photos/megan-draper-portrait.php

Spur|n|Austin
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm pumped for it to come back! April 7th I believe.

exstatic
03-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Re-watching last season because it is SO LONG between seasons. Glad Lane beat the shit out of Peter before his "exit". :lol I'll start the last disc tonight and finish in a couple of days.

I think both Roger and Pete want to BE Don. Roger is likeable but not talented enough. Pete is talented, but eminently unlikeable.

Peggy and Meghan are my favorite two characters. They are both more equipped for the changing times than anyone else on the show. I think from previews (and the fact that she's on another show) that Elizabeth Moss (Peggy) will be leaving SCDP this season. Too bad.

Reck
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
They just added season 5 on Netflix. I started watching about a week ago. Up to season 2.

Cant find the strenght to watch two episodes in a row. This show is very slow paced, I'm taking it one episode a night, sometimes 2 but hours apart.

exstatic
03-27-2013, 06:44 AM
They just added season 5 on Netflix. I started watching about a week ago. Up to season 2.

Cant find the strenght to watch two episodes in a row. This show is very slow paced, I'm taking it one episode a night, sometimes 2 but hours apart.

The pace picks up in S3.

CuckingFunt
03-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Just finished slowly going through season 5 again in anticipation of new episodes. I still think it's one of the single best seasons of television I've ever watched.

redzero
03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
I can't wait to see if Don increases his kill count this season. One more and he officially becomes a serial killer.

DesignatedT
03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to season 6. I need to go refresh my memory a little bit on netflix before it starts though.

ChumpDumper
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Re-watching last season because it is SO LONG between seasons. Glad Lane beat the shit out of Peter before his "exit". :lol I'll start the last disc tonight and finish in a couple of days.

I think both Roger and Pete want to BE Don. Roger is likeable but not talented enough. Pete is talented, but eminently unlikeable.

Peggy and Meghan are my favorite two characters. They are both more equipped for the changing times than anyone else on the show. I think from previews (and the fact that she's on another show) that Elizabeth Moss (Peggy) will be leaving SCDP this season. Too bad.If you're talking about Top of the Lake, it's a miniseries.

Spur|n|Austin
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Just finished slowly going through season 5 again in anticipation of new episodes. I still think it's one of the single best seasons of television I've ever watched.

It's great, it's up there with a couple of the Sopranos' seasons.

Jacob1983
04-02-2013, 01:02 AM
So what year is it going to be for this season? Are we going to see the ladies in miniskirts and gogo boots? What about hippies?

exstatic
04-02-2013, 07:32 AM
So what year is it going to be for this season? Are we going to see the ladies in miniskirts and gogo boots? What about hippies?

Shit, the first piece of tail they showed Don with WAAAAY back (1961?) was a fucking hippie chick from the village. They've already had Hari Krishna, too.

I'm guessing 1968. That was the year of everything. Riots, assassinations, you name it.

Reck
04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
So other than being a hot piece of ass, what other function does the character of Christina Hendricks is there for?

I've watched season 1,2 and 3 episodes into season 3 and she still just randomly shows up giving some lame and condecending word of advice to Peggy.

I mean even Peggy has moved up to sales or whatever.

redzero
04-02-2013, 06:22 PM
So other than being a hot piece of ass, what other function does the character of Christina Hendricks is there for?

I've watched season 1,2 and 3 episodes into season 3 and she still just randomly shows up giving some lame and condecending word of advice to Peggy.

I mean even Peggy has moved up to sales or whatever.

Watch Season 5, buddy.

Reck
04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Watch Season 5, buddy.

Working on that.

Netflix just added a shit ton of TV shows so I'm like a kid in a candy store. Cant decide what to watch next. lol

CuckingFunt
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Christina Hendricks is there to effectively portray an interesting and fully realized character. Not sure the confusion.

Jacob1983
04-04-2013, 01:09 AM
I want to see some mini skirts and gogo boots on these fine ladies on Mad Men.

oh crap
04-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Starting now

DesignatedT
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I rewatched season 5 this past week before the premier tonight. Man that really was a great season.

As for the premier, it was a little slow but all the seasons seem start that way and really pick up mid-season and at the end.

ColinB
04-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I love how dark season 5 is. I'll try to watch the new episode sometime this week.

Spur|n|Austin
04-08-2013, 07:57 AM
I love how dark season 5 is. I'll try to watch the new episode sometime this week.

I think it's going to be a dark(er) season for, Don this year. As for the ep, as DesignatedT said, it was slow but I still thought it was entertaining, I've missed these characters.

resistanze
04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't know, I found that episode painfully slow. The pacing was putting me to sleep.

exstatic
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
I think it's going to be a dark(er) season for, Don this year. As for the ep, as DesignatedT said, it was slow but I still thought it was entertaining, I've missed these characters.

A friend of mine and I both think Don will kill himself to end the show. Of all of the characters, he seems to have changed the least. He has become aware of who and what he is now, which is worse. Peggy hit the nail on the head when she was giving her notice during the Jaguar celebration. She told Don that he didn't know when things are good. I think it's worse than that. I think that good times aren't enough to fill the huge hole inside him. They don't even come close to getting drunk and chasing skirts.

DesignatedT
04-08-2013, 11:07 PM
A friend of mine and I both think Don will kill himself to end the show. Of all of the characters, he seems to have changed the least. He has become aware of who and what he is now, which is worse. Peggy hit the nail on the head when she was giving her notice during the Jaguar celebration. She told Don that he didn't know when things are good. I think it's worse than that. I think that good times aren't enough to fill the huge hole inside him. They don't even come close to getting drunk and chasing skirts.

It's certainly a scenario I've seen thrown around. The entrance to the show portrays a man falling off the top of a building so maybe that hints at something as well.

Looks like Don is back to being Don after watching the premiere. I can't wait to see what happens this season.

DesignatedT
04-08-2013, 11:08 PM
This is still the best show on television IMO. It is slow at times but the characters are just fantastic and Matthew Weiner's writing is so great.

exstatic
04-08-2013, 11:22 PM
It's certainly a scenario I've seen thrown around. The entrance to the show portrays a man falling off the top of a building so maybe that hints at something as well.

Looks like Don is back to being Don after watching the premiere. I can't wait to see what happens this season.

Everything. It's 1968. The backdrop of the year itself, combined with the writing and characters on the show have me expecting no less than a tour de force.

I think the switch of lighters between Don and that soldier is going to play a part in the story, too.

DesignatedT
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Also, I believe last season ended in April of 67 and this one seems to be picking up in December of the same year. I think that has to be the shortest between season gaps in the series. You're right though, 68 is going to be a great year for the show ( RFK, MLK, Tet Offensive, etc.)

Spur|n|Austin
04-09-2013, 09:35 AM

Interesting theory, wouldn't you say he's always struggled with identifying his true self though? Sometimes worse than now actually. I do think you and your friend are on to something though, in regards to a dramatic conclusion with Don, be it this season or next. Any idea on how long they have said the show will stay on, or if the producers (Hamm himself being one) have stated interest in closing shop?

DesignatedT
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
The show will go 7 seasons. Six just started.

leemajors
04-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Lots o commercials, good thing GoT was on during first hour.

Spur|n|Austin
04-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Lots o commercials, good thing GoT was on during first hour.

DVR, sir.

leemajors
04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
DVR, sir.

That was understood.

exstatic
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Pete is such a shitty bad copy of Don. He can't even get away with screwing his neighbor. Don can.

I love Pete's wife, by the way. Told him how the fuck it was going to BE. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Pete is such a shitty bad copy of Don. He can't even get away with screwing his neighbor. Don can.

I love Pete's wife, by the way. Told him how the fuck it was going to BE. :lol

:lol then Pete tried to be hard and it came out more like a little bitch. He fucked up his free pass and is most likely headed towards divorce now.

leemajors
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
:lol then Pete tried to be hard and it came out more like a little bitch. He fucked up his free pass and is most likely headed towards divorce now.

She said he is not getting out.

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
She said he is not getting out.

Yeah I know what she said, but him living in his downtown apartment and her in the country, will eventually lead to divorce in my opinion.

ColinB
04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Linda Cardellini from Freaks and Geeks is looking pretty damn good.

Jacob1983
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM
How the Hell can Pete cheat on Alison Brie? Just dumb. I mean she's got a nice figure(curvy and shapely) and body and a pretty face and she's his loving wife, why does he have to be such a piece of shit to her? Don is a manwhore but at least he pretends to give a shit about his woman.

exstatic
04-15-2013, 10:37 PM
How the Hell can Pete cheat on Alison Brie? Just dumb. I mean she's got a nice figure(curvy and shapely) and body and a pretty face and she's his loving wife, why does he have to be such a piece of shit to her? Don is a manwhore but at least he pretends to give a shit about his woman.

Pete's a dumbass. If you haven't figured that out yet, you're not watching close enough. He wants desperately to BE Don, but fails miserably.

Jacob1983
04-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I know Pete is a weak pathetic Don Draper wannabe but Trudy is stupid to have been with him for so long. I just have never understood why some women put up with shitty guys like that. Are they just stupid or needy and lonely?

exstatic
04-16-2013, 07:16 AM
I know Pete is a weak pathetic Don Draper wannabe but Trudy is stupid to have been with him for so long. I just have never understood why some women put up with shitty guys like that. Are they just stupid or needy and lonely?

She married him in what, 1963? That's what women did. Tammy Wynette's Stand by Your Man was probably on the charts. Divorce was still very uncommon and stigmatic back then. Hell, in 1980, it was an issue with Reagan and the election. It was a far different time.

leemajors
04-16-2013, 07:27 AM
She married him in what, 1963? That's what women did. Tammy Wynette's Stand by Your Man was probably on the charts. Divorce was still very uncommon and stigmatic back then. Hell, in 1980, it was an issue with Reagan and the election. It was a far different time.

Yup, she clearly stated the new terms of their relationship and that she would not be looked at as a failure. She will enjoy having him beneath her bootheel.

Spur-Addict
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Pete's an idiot. She gave him the apartment in the city and he still fucked it up. How do you fuck that up? HOW?? This Heinz thing is probably going to blow up into a big personal battle. Peggys face becomes more repulsive each episode.

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Pete's an idiot. She gave him the apartment in the city and he still fucked it up. How do you fuck that up? HOW?? This Heinz thing is probably going to blow up into a big personal battle. Peggys face becomes more repulsive each episode.

Peggy is spectacular at her job, but has zero sense when it comes to managing/leading/looking pretty.

I agree that the whole Heinz thing will blow up big.

CuckingFunt
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Peggy is spectacular at her job, but has zero sense when it comes to managing/leading/looking pretty.

Focusing on the last one tends to make the first two even more difficult. Especially in 1968. And especially when it's already been established Peggy's underlings aren't taking her as seriously as they probably should.

Reck
04-17-2013, 02:48 AM
I dont see Don killing himself, very far fetched idea.

Roger is a more likely candidate. Didn't he said something about taking cyonide a while back? He even put something in his mouth, I thought it was the pill.

Dont get why you guys hate on Cambell that much. In turns of douchebags in this show there are far more annoying characters. Say for example Roger, Betty and most of the time Joan is being a fucking bitch who thinks entirely too much of herself.

Pete is actually my favorite character in the show, perhaps because I've seeing his earlier work in Angel.

Other that reason, Pete is the only one bringing business in a constant basis to the company.

leemajors
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Pete wouldn't be bringing in much business if Draper hadn't fronted his 50k. IMO Roger and Joan have far more redeeming qualities than Pete, but the actor who portrays him does a great job, as do most of the actors in the series. Are you referring to Roger dropping acid?

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM

Roger is a more likely candidate. Didn't he said something about taking cyonide a while back? He even put something in his mouth, I thought it was the pill.

Dont get why you guys hate on Cambell that much. In turns of douchebags in this show there are far more annoying characters. Say for example Roger, Betty and most of the time Joan is being a fucking bitch who thinks entirely too much of herself.

Pete is actually my favorite character in the show, perhaps because I've seeing his earlier work in Angel.

Other that reason, Pete is the only one bringing business in a constant basis to the company.

I don't have a problem with Pete at all, and actually like him myself. Roger is a likely candidate for suicide, but we're pushing here with the whole idea.

BTW, you don't mean the, Buffy spin-off, Angel do you?

oh crap
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't mind pete. and even though she's an annoying character, I like Betty too (plus she's pretty hot when she's not playing fat) but I fucking hate Joan.

Reck
04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Pete wouldn't be bringing in much business if Draper hadn't fronted his 50k. IMO Roger and Joan have far more redeeming qualities than Pete, but the actor who portrays him does a great job, as do most of the actors in the series. Are you referring to Roger dropping acid?

No I think it was a few episodes earlier than that when Roger was feeling emo. Around the time he was feeling like he had no purpose around the office.

Actually it all comes back to Pete, they had some sort of fight and Pete tells him he's pretty much useless or something. It was either the latter parts of season 4 or the early parts of season 5. Cant clearly remember.

I don't have a problem with Pete at all, and actually like him myself. Roger is a likely candidate for suicide, but we're pushing here with the whole idea.

BTW, you don't mean the, Buffy spin-off, Angel do you?

Yep I do mean that Angel. He was much, much younger but he plays a psycho. lol I enjoy his acting skills.

CuckingFunt
04-18-2013, 12:55 AM

Disagree completely. Pete is a slimy little weasel. The fact he was annoying fucking Connor just makes it worse.

CuckingFunt
04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
And I don't get the Joan hate.

Reck
04-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Disagree completely. Pete is a slimy little weasel. The fact he was annoying fucking Connor just makes it worse.

No, it means he was doing his job (A damn great one at that) as an actor.

Reck
04-18-2013, 01:01 AM
And I don't get the Joan hate.

How about the fact that she's useless?

Her and Betty are the least interesting characters in Mad Men which sucks because both women are damn hot and should have been more useful.

It sucks that January Jones character is relegated to being just a housewive that has little to no input on what happens on the show. Also making her fat didn't help either.

CuckingFunt
04-18-2013, 01:11 AM
No, it means he was doing his job (A damn great one at that) as an actor.

I pretty much hated everything about Connor and how that entire arc changed Angel, and I can't not see Connor when I look at Vincent Kartheiser. It makes Pete Campbell that much skeevier for me. But don't get me wrong; I think he's a fascinating character and I think Kartheiser has turned in a consistently good performance over the years. He just continually plays characters I'd like to see punched.

ColinB
04-18-2013, 01:17 AM
People really find Roger annoying? He is great. Loved the therapy sessions.

CuckingFunt
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
How about the fact that she's useless?

Her and Betty are the least interesting characters in Mad Men which sucks because both women are damn hot and should have been more useful.

It sucks that January Jones character is relegated to being just a housewive that has little to no input on what happens on the show. Also making her fat didn't help either.

Agree to disagree here. I don't think Joan is at all useless, and in fact think she is second only to Peggy in terms of Man Men's female characters. I think the writers have had a better handle on who she is than many of the other women on the show since the beginning and think that, while her storylines have very seldom driven the overall plot, she has remained a fully realized character whose motivations and evolution has remained consistent over the years.

Betty suffers from being played by the least compelling actor on the whole show, as well as from often being written as intentionally unsympathetic, and I feel as though the writers have on occasion lost track of who she is and what her story is meant to be, but I think she is also a very interesting character at times.

DesignatedT
04-18-2013, 01:25 AM
No problem with Joans character.

I'd agree that the direction they took Betty made her story lines borderline unbearable last season but you could see a lot of transformation with her character from season 5 to 6. I think her character will be better this season.

redzero
04-18-2013, 02:50 AM
I like Joan. Betty as a character isn't bad, but her actress is terrible.

leemajors
04-18-2013, 06:49 AM
I like Joan. Betty as a character isn't bad, but her actress is terrible.

:tu

exstatic
04-18-2013, 07:25 AM
People really find Roger annoying? He is great. Loved the therapy sessions.

I liked Roger in seasons one and two. Then he got into his major Don jealousy phase for like a whole season, and was beyond annoying. He's come back around the last season or two, and is back to his funny smart self. There was a funny semi story arc where he kept getting cleaned out of his pocket cash by various employees last season that was vintage Sterling.

pikkiwoki
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Disagree completely. Pete is a slimy little weasel grimy little pimp. The fact he was annoying fucking Connor just makes it worse.

fixed