PDA

View Full Version : Gary Neal's Contract Details

timvp
07-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Three-year contract with first season at $510,000. Contract is "mostly" guaranteed.

It's notable that the $510,000 represents a higher-than-minimum contract. A minimum deal would have been worth $473,604.

It's also notable that the Spurs had to use a part of their MLE for this deal. The 2010-11 MLE has a value of $5,765,000. Subtracting Splitter's salary of $3,400,000 and Neal's $510,000 that leaves $1,855,000 of the MLE the Spurs could still spend. San Antonio also has the $2.08 million LLE at their disposal.

P.S.

Bruno has more salary info in the Think Tank here (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158106).

Solid D
07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Good info, timvp. I wonder if "mostly" means 2 years fully guaranteed. (?)

ElNono
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll tweak my 'salary' thread with this info, thanks...

Did you hear anything about Bonner's contract, timvp?

ducks
07-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I would offer josh the rest of the mle or lle he prove he is ok
let him opt out and give him a decent deal

DPG21920
07-25-2010, 11:57 PM
That is a pretty small contract from what he could have earned overseas, no?

spurs10
07-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Three-year contract with first season at $510,000. Contract is "mostly" guaranteed.

It's notable that the $510,000 represents a higher-than-minimum contract. A minimum deal would have been worth $473,604.

It's also notable that the Spurs had to use a part of their MLE for this deal. The 2010-11 MLE has a value of $5,765,000. Subtracting Splitter's salary of $3,400,000 and Neal's $510,000 that leaves $1,855,000 of the MLE the Spurs could still spend. San Antonio also has the $2.08 million LLE at their disposal.

P.S.

Bruno has more salary info in the Think Tank here (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158106). Thanks for this info. Earlier, I was agreeing with the notion that we were done for offseason due to the luxury tax. However, with some of the MLE leftover and the LLE to spend, I'm wondering if that's true. I'm a bit confused as to whether spending the remaining MLE and the LLE will put us over the luxury tax. I know we'd have to cut some of the non-guaranteed players

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Thanks for this info. Earlier, I was agreeing with the notion that we were done for offseason due to the luxury tax. However, with some of the MLE leftover and the LLE to spend, I'm wondering if that's true. I'm a bit confused as to whether spending the remaining MLE and the LLE will put us over the luxury tax. I know we'd have to cut some of the non-guaranteed players

It'd be a safe assumption. And I wouldn't count the Spurs out as being a willing taxpayer either.

spurs10
07-26-2010, 01:33 AM
It'd be a safe assumption. And I wouldn't count the Spurs out as being a willing taxpayer either.
Thanks..that what I was thinking..:toast

angelbelow
07-26-2010, 02:03 AM
nice

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Getting some mileage out of Bruno with my lazy ass tonight. :hat

Players with guaranteed contracts

Duncan + Parker + Ginobili + McDyess + Blair + Hill : $50.82M
Matt Bonner: $3.05M
Tiago Splitter: $3.4M
Richard Jefferson: $8.4M
Gary Neal: $.85M (against the tax)

$66.52M for 10 players

James Anderson will likely be signed. His salary will be between $0.91M and $1.36M.

If the Spurs were to sign Anderson to the median of his contract possibilities in the first year ($1,135,000) sign Hairston,Temple and Gee to contracts to make 14 on the roster, the Spurs would be at $70,033,779.

$273,221 below the tax line. It's late but I think my math is right. :downspin:

Edit: The Spurs could pay Anderson the full 120% and remain under the tax, by the way ($70,258,779) -- $48,221 below if they were to go this route.

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Getting some mileage out of Bruno with my lazy ass tonight. :hat

If the Spurs were to sign Anderson to the median of his contract possibilities in the first year ($1,135,000) sign Hairston,Temple and Gee to contracts to make 14 on the roster, the Spurs would be at $70,033,779.

$273,221 below the tax line. It's late but I think my math is right. :downspin:

Usually, players get the full 120%, incentives involved. I doubt the Spurs would be under the threshold. One of Hairston, Gee or Temple may be gone to make room for Anderson.

will_spurs
07-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Usually, players get the full 120%, incentives involved. I doubt the Spurs would be under the threshold. One of Hairston, Gee or Temple may be gone to make room for Anderson.

As somebody (?) pointed out before, Hill (and I think another rookie recently) took less than the usual 120%. So let's wait and see (as usual :))

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 02:33 AM

Spurs have been known to structure their salaries differently than most and I believe George had 120% his first 2 and 80% in his third, IIRC, but I edited my post to show you could in fact pay full scale to Anderson and remain below the tax. Checks it out.

Go ahead.

About 2 posts up.

No one's holding you back.

Go ahead.

It's right there.

Would you stop reading what I'm writing and LOOK!

I don't know what I'm gonna do with you sometimes, Chief. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Stop reading!

LOOK!

2 or 3 POSTS UP!

See It?

Well then READ IT!

:downspin:

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Spurs have been known to structure their salaries differently than most and I believe George had 120% his first 2 and 80% in his third, IIRC, but I edited my post to show you could in fact pay full scale to Anderson and remain below the tax. Checks it out.

Go ahead.

About 2 posts up.

No one's holding you back.

Go ahead.

It's right there.

Would you stop reading what I'm writing and LOOK!

I don't know what I'm gonna do with you sometimes, Chief. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Stop reading!

LOOK!

2 or 3 POSTS UP!

See It?

Well then READ IT!

:downspin:
You cheated, sir. You cheated. I could very well see the time in which you edited your post. You think the Spurs will not sign or trade anyone during the season?

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 02:52 AM
You cheated, sir. You cheated. I could very well see the time in which you edited your post. You think the Spurs will not sign or trade anyone during the season?

I can't help that you posted while I was editing. It's not like I've got millions of fingers to count. My math takes time.

I think the Spurs are going to pay tax in the end. I'm not sure exactly how it'll come about just yet, but I do believe it will. I don't see any way around it if they want to win a championship and all indications are that that be the case.

I was just showing that it could be done. I was bored. Counting to millions on your fingers is challenging enough to not be boring. I'm bored again. Time to pass out. :sleep

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 02:54 AM
I can't help that you posted while I was editing. It's not like I've got millions of fingers to count. My math takes time.

I think the Spurs are going to pay tax in the end. I'm not sure exactly how it'll come about just yet, but I do believe it will. I don't see any way around it if they want to win a championship and all indications are that that be the case.

I was just showing that it could be done. I was bored. Counting to millions on your fingers is challenging enough to not be boring. I'm bored again. Time to pass out. :sleep

Your math is better than lakaluva's, tbh.

MoSpur
07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Not too bad. They must think pretty highly of this Neal guy. They need to do their best to get a backup SF in a hurry. Did Butler resign with the Clippers?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Did Butler resign with the Clippers?

Yessir.

bdictjames
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
It's pretty disheartening to see Splitter and Neal make this money as compared to Richard Jefferson.

ace3g
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Did Butler resign with the Clippers?

Hasn't been officially announced yet, only articles out, are based on a tweet from a LA news source

angelbelow
07-26-2010, 03:32 PM
It's pretty disheartening to see Splitter and Neal make this money as compared to Richard Jefferson.

Wtf. Splitter MAYBE but what has Neal accomplished?

MoSpur
07-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I thought I read a tweet that Butler resigned with the Clippers (my second favorite team for some strange reason). If he did oh well. The Spurs must be done or have interest in someone else.

Obstructed_View
07-26-2010, 04:37 PM

It's pretty hilarious to see how much some of you have fallen in love with Neal.

mazerrackham
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
It's pretty hilarious to see how much some of you have fallen in love with Neal.

I still don't think he sees playing time for at least a season.

Obstructed_View
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
I still don't think he sees playing time for at least a season.

If he plays this season it's either because he's incredible in preseason, there are a lot of injuries, or Pop has a new crush on full display.

yavozerb
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
If he plays this season it's either because he's incredible in preseason, there are a lot of injuries, or Pop has a new crush on full display.

If Neal can hit shots he plays, if not, he doesnt..its as simple as that. Lets not over analyze this guy, he recieved a contract from the spurs because of his shooting and nothing else.

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Let's make this clear, Neal was signed at the Omnipotent's discretion so he could create another following with a play on his name.

You've all heard of the Church of Manu, well, now you have Neal's Altar. :downspin:

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
How do you do a Poll with a thread?

Blackjack
07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Look at the bottom of the screen before you post. It asks if you want to post a poll, how many options and if you want it to be public or private voting.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Look at the bottom of the screen before you post. It asks if you want to post a poll, how many options and if you want it to be public or private voting.

Mine has a box you check for a poll. It has a space for how many options. It does not say anything about public or private. After I check the box and put the options isnt something supposed to pop up so I can type in the options for the poll.

Obstructed_View
07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Mine has a box you check for a poll. It has a space for how many options. It does not say anything about public or private. After I check the box and put the options isnt something supposed to pop up so I can type in the options for the poll.

Odds are if you have 105 posts and don't know how to post a poll, it's not a good idea for you to post one.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Odds are if you have 105 posts and don't know how to post a poll, it's not a good idea for you to post one.

:flipoff Thanks for the help. Hey, I checked the damn box and nothing popped up. The only options after that for me are preview post and submit thread.

Obstructed_View
07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
:flipoff Thanks for the help. Hey, I checked the damn box and nothing popped up. The only options after that for me are preview post and submit thread.

Right, so you submit the thread and then you get the options for the poll. Again, if you're not smart enough to do it, then don't.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Right, so you submit the thread and then you get the options for the poll. Again, if you're not smart enough to do it, then don't.

I didnt want to risk putting a incomplete thread up.

rascal
07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
If Neal can hit shots he plays, if not, he doesnt..its as simple as that. Lets not over analyze this guy, he recieved a contract from the spurs because of his shooting and nothing else.

Neal will not play much. He will come in take a couple shots and if he hits them he gets a few more minutes if not he doesn't. Will get many DNP coaches decision.