PDA

View Full Version : How far will the Bulls go?

Supergirl
07-26-2010, 06:56 AM
The Bulls are looking scary good this year, and I predict they'll finish higher than the Heat in the regular season. They have a fantastic 1-10 roster and they play defense. Heat have a fantastic 1-3 roster and don't know anything about defense.

Bulls and the Celtics in the East Finals?

ffadicted
07-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Bulls finish 3rd in the regular season, face the Heat in the East finals

Darrin
07-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Eastern Conference Finals.

JamStone
07-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Still like Miami, Orlando, and Boston more than Chicago, if for anything else but their collective playoff experience as teams. I think Chicago can get a top 4 seed for the playoffs, but they'll likely face either Miami or Orlando in the second round. I like Chicago's balance but their lack of an explosive wing player who can consistently put up 25 ppg might be the reason they can't get too far in the post season. I say they make it to the second round and lose.

Red Hawk #21
07-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm really hoping The Bulls end up being the team that takes down the Superfucks in Miami. I don't know how things will turn out, but one can hope.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:19 AM
The blew all their cap room on Ben Wallace in 2006 so they could get 2nd round ecstasy, and the same applies to Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver.

picc84
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
lol relying on jazz castoffs

Red Hawk #21
07-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Come on now, Boozer gives them inside scoring and rebounding. Brewer can play defense, and can finish around the rim. And you've always gotta have a shooters, which is why Korver is good for them. What's wrong with them improving their team?

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Nothing is wrong with it, it's just funny that John Paxson still has a job because he can turn a bunch of cap room into 2nd round ecstasy.

BullsDynasty
Come on now, Boozer gives them inside scoring and rebounding. Brewer can play defense, and can finish around the rim. And you've always gotta have a shooters, which is why Korver is good for them. What's wrong with them improving their team?

+1

Bulls were ranked first in rebounding last year. Add a top 5 rebounder in Carlos Boozer and were just that much better. Talk about second chance opportunities and an up tempo game which the can utilize the Bulls talents.

BullsDynasty
Nothing is wrong with it, it's just funny that John Paxson still has a job because he can turn a bunch of cap room into 2nd round ecstasy.

He got demoted. Gar Forman replaced him.

Muser
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Because a team with Boozer will never win a title.

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Because a team with Boozer will never win a title.

Its not so much about Boozer but about Rose......

Flo-Rida
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
lol relying on jazz castoffs

:lol

picc84
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM

korver :lol

brewer :lmao

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
lol @ Boozer top 5 rebounder

The Bulls had more rebounds than any other team but that doesn't mean they were the best rebounding team. They were 16th in the league in offensive rebounding rate and 7th in defensive rebounding rate. They were a good rebounding team but not the best rebounding team.

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
ECSF unless Rose becomes a top 7 player in the NBA. They will advance to the East finals if that happens.

Red Hawk #21
07-26-2010, 09:40 AM
korver :lol

brewer :lmao

What's funny? Korver brings 3 point shooting, which will also bring better spacing. Brewer can play defense and finish, they both fill a need. I still don't understand you.

Goran Dragic
Its not so much about Boozer but about Rose......

OK fine, a team built around a PG hasn't won a championship since 1989, and I'll chop my ballsac off the day any team with Carlos Boozer plays defense as good as the bad boy Pistons did. Good luck being the 1st team in the last 20 years to win a championship built around a PG.

JamStone
Boozer is a very good rebounder. It wouldn't surprise me if he became more of a 7-8 rpg type of guy on the Bulls. He's never played next to a dominant rebounding center. If Noah once again puts together a 11+ rpg season, I think Boozer will end up being closer to 8 rpg. Still pretty good though.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
What's funny? Korver brings 3 point shooting, which will also bring better spacing. Brewer can play defense and finish, they both fill a need. I still don't understand you.

They're both role players. Yeah they fill a need, but the underlying need either way is a superstar SG/SF who can close games.

Muser
Considering Boozer is your best bigman i'd say it's very much about him.

JamStone
OK fine, a team built around a PG hasn't won a championship since 1989, and I'll chop my ballsac off the day any team with Carlos Boozer plays defense as good as the bad boy Pistons did. Good luck being the 1st team in the last 20 years to win a championship built around a PG.

:toast

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 09:43 AM
lol @ Boozer top 5 rebounder

The Bulls had more rebounds than any other team but that doesn't mean they were the best rebounding team. They were 16th in the league in offensive rebounding rate and 7th in defensive rebounding rate. They were a good rebounding team but not the best rebounding team.

Check the stats buddy. Boozer ranked 4th in total rebounds, 4th in total rebound percentage. The Bulls team last year accumulated the most rebounds in the NBA.

Muser
And tbh this team is just the Utah Jazz, just swapping Williams for Rose and Okur for Noah.

Goran Dragic
The Bulls team last year accumulated the most rebounds in teh season.

And if you read my post I just pointed out how that doesn't make them the best rebounding team in the NBA.

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Check the stats buddy. Boozer ranked 4th in total rebounds, 4th in total rebound percentage. The Bulls team last year accumulated the most rebounds in the NBA.

You should know why they did it. Rebounding differential is a much better stat. Sure the Bulls got the most total rebounds because they have good defense, forcing a lot of misses, but they also miss a lot of shots themselves, giving them a chance at offensive rebounds. If you combine that, although you get a high rebounding total, the other team will also have quite a huge share of rebounds to grab.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:45 AM
If you wanna say Boozer busting his ass during a contract year to inflate his value makes him a top 5 rebounder then fine, but you're in store for a lovely surprise when you see how Boozer plays after he signs a new deal.

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
If you wanna say Boozer busting his ass during a contract year to inflate his value makes him a top 5 rebounder then fine, but you're in store for a lovely surprise when you see how Boozer plays after he signs a new deal.

How exactly did he inflate his value for the contract year. He had one bad season and that was 2009 which he was injured for the majority of the season. Otherwise he's always been putting up 20/10

hater
07-26-2010, 09:51 AM
2nd round fodder

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:53 AM
How exactly did he inflate his value for the contract year. He had one bad season and that was 2009 which he was injured for the majority of the season. Otherwise he's always been putting up 20/10

You said top 5 rebounder, outside of 2010 and 2007 (2 out of 6 years on Utah), he wasn't a top 5 rebounder. His first two years on Utah (the two years after he signed the contract) he didn't even average double double.

jermaine
07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Bulls finish 3rd in the regular season, face the Heat in the East finals

An will beat the heat. I really believe that too!

picc84
07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
As someone who watched his team steamroll the Jazz three years in a row, I can tell you a few things about each of those players.

- Boozer will earn his money. There are 4 players who Boozer cannot perform against, and 3 of them play for the LA Lakers. The other one is Kevin Garnett. If the Bulls can avoid the Celtics through the east, Boozer will shine. The Bulls might not win, but Boozer will look good in collecting his check.

- Any team playing Kyle Korver more than 20 minutes a game isnt going anywhere

- Ronnie Brewer's sambo looking ass will look like a stud during the regular season, and then be completely exposed against the first good team faced in the playoffs. There was nothing more pathetic than seeing Kobe abuse him on the offensive end, and then act like he didn't even exist on the defensive. If you thought he played off Rondo in the finals, you haven't seen anything. Completely crippled the Jazz offense. And any team worth their salt in the east will do the same thing.

The Bulls just signed two players who can only play on one end. And one of them can't even do that all that well. Face Boston, and their defense shuts down the paint for Rose while KG shuts down Boozer and nobody pays attention to Brewer. Face Miami and Korver gets anally raped by Wade or James, or one of them averages 3bpg and 4spg ignoring Brewer on defense.

The only way Chi stands a chance is if they get a high seed and somehow draw Orlando in the late round. Either Miami or Boston will doormat them the way LA has the past 3 years.

lol hoping for Wade/James and getting Korver/Brewer

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
You said top 5 rebounder, outside of 2010 and 2007 (2 out of 6 years on Utah), he wasn't a top 5 rebounder. His first two years on Utah (the two years after he signed the contract) he didn't even average double double.

Who the fuck cares if he didn't average a double double in his first 2 seasons with UTAH. He was only 23 at that time and it was just his 3rd year in the NBA. You don't expect new players to automatically pack 20/10. Look at his progression. Clearly he got better every year to the point he is averaging 20/10.

The only time he regressed was in 2006 and 2009, both seasons where he missed a majority due to injury.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
He averaged 11+ rebounds his last year on Cleveland and then the production dropped off for two seasons. Ask any Jazz fan, they'll tell you that Boozer only plays hard when it's convenient for him.

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 10:02 AM
He averaged 11+ rebounds his last year on Cleveland and then the production dropped off for two seasons. Ask any Jazz fan, they'll tell you that Boozer only plays hard when it's convenient for him.

Dropped off and then went straight back up. You forgot that part. And the only reason why it dropped was because of the injury...

Muser
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
If Deron Williams couldn't carry Boozer far then how do you figure Rose will?

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 10:06 AM
As someone who watched his team steamroll the Jazz three years in a row, I can tell you a few things about each of those players.

- Boozer will earn his money. There are 4 players who Boozer cannot perform against, and 3 of them play for the LA Lakers. The other one is Kevin Garnett. If the Bulls can avoid the Celtics through the east, Boozer will shine. The Bulls might not win, but Boozer will look good in collecting his check.

- Any team playing Kyle Korver more than 20 minutes a game isnt going anywhere

- Ronnie Brewer's sambo looking ass will look like a stud during the regular season, and then be completely exposed against the first good team faced in the playoffs. There was nothing more pathetic than seeing Kobe abuse him on the offensive end, and then act like he didn't even exist on the defensive. If you thought he played off Rondo in the finals, you haven't seen anything. Completely crippled the Jazz offense. And any team worth their salt in the east will do the same thing.

The Bulls just signed two players who can only play on one end. And one of them can't even do that all that well. Face Boston, and their defense shuts down the paint for Rose while KG shuts down Boozer and nobody pays attention to Brewer. Face Miami and Korver gets anally raped by Wade or James, or one of them averages 3bpg and 4spg ignoring Brewer on defense.

The only way Chi stands a chance is if they get a high seed and somehow draw Orlando in the late round. Either Miami or Boston will doormat them the way LA has the past 3 years.

You mention all the weakness of Korver and Brewer and that they will get abused but what about the strengths of Rose. Can you tell me any point guard in the Eastern Conference that can match well with Rose? Rose abuses any point guard he plays so far and thats going to be vital because Rose is our main offensive weapon. All those players you just shot down are just role players.

BullsDynasty
07-26-2010, 10:06 AM
If Deron Williams couldn't carry Boozer far then how do you figure Rose will?

Bulls minus Rose > Jazz minus Deron.

JamStone
07-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Not really. More or less, they're pretty equal.

You'd have a better argument saying Western Conference > Eastern Conference.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2010, 10:27 AM
2nd round exit.

Muser
07-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Considering Deron is the better player you have a point.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Even if the Bulls are as good as the 2007 Jazz, it's a little ridiculous to talk about the 2007 Jazz like they were a conference finals level team. Yeah beating Houston when Houston had HCA in the 1st round was impressive but lets recognize that Houston team blew a 2-0 series lead 2 years earlier. The only reason they made the conference finals was because they got to avoid playing Dallas/SA/Phoenix in the 1st 2 rounds because of Golden State. If the Bulls are the 4 seed this year and they get to play the Bobcats after the Bobcats upset the Heat in the 1st round, then yeah, they'll get conference finals ecstasy before getting skull fucked by Boston.

picc84
07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
You mention all the weakness of Korver and Brewer and that they will get abused but what about the strengths of Rose. Can you tell me any point guard in the Eastern Conference that can match well with Rose? Rose abuses any point guard he plays so far and thats going to be vital because Rose is our main offensive weapon. All those players you just shot down are just role players.

Rose isn't going to beat those teams by himself.

And he'll have to.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM

:lol

Darrin
07-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Still like Miami, Orlando, and Boston more than Chicago, if for anything else but their collective playoff experience as teams. I think Chicago can get a top 4 seed for the playoffs, but they'll likely face either Miami or Orlando in the second round. I like Chicago's balance but their lack of an explosive wing player who can consistently put up 25 ppg might be the reason they can't get too far in the post season. I say they make it to the second round and lose.

That might be a concern if they don't have Derrick Rose at the point. The wing players include Ronnie Brewer to play defense and finish around the rim and Kyle Korver to score off catch-and-shoots. Boozer is a 20 ppg scorer upfront. They have Noah and Gibson to hustle for rebounds and blocked shots. So they have two of the best rebounders in the league today, a premiere guard in the backcourt, and solid role players.

himat
07-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Unless their coach can actually turn this team into a great defensive team they will only get to the East semis.