PDA

View Full Version : "11,000 intelligence members per al Quida member"

Galileo
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
"11,000 intelligence members per al Quida member"

Ron Paul:

"We have over 854,000 top security clearances! That equates to 11,000 intelligence members per al Quida member."

More Secrets, More Surveillance, Less Security
http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-07-25/more-secrets-more-surveillance-less-security/

Parker2112
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
I suppose if we dropped below 10k per, we would be up to our eyebrows in terrorists...

Where is the beating of the "little govt" drum from the usual suspects?

ChumpDumper
07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
So you guys think Al-Qaeda is the only subject of US intel?

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, this misinformation is a negative for Ron Paul in my opinion. He takes facts, and talks about them in a way to give misleading views.

Galileo
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Ron Paul On the Bloated Intelligence Bureaucracy

Recently the Washington Post ran an extensive report by Dana Priest and William M. Arkin on the bloated intelligence community. They found that an estimated 854,000 people hold top-secret security clearances. Just what are all these people up to? By my calculation this is about 11,000 intelligence workers per al Qaeda member in Afghanistan. This also begs the question - if close to 1 million people are authorized to know top secrets, how closely guarded are these secrets?

They also found that since the September 11 attacks, some 17 million square feet of building space has been built or is being built to accommodate the 250 percent expansion of intelligence organizations. Intelligence work is now done by some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private contracting companies in about 10,000 locations in the United States.

The former Director of National Intelligence, Adm. Dennis Blair, has asserted that US intelligence now has the authority to target American citizens for assassination without charge or trial. How many of these resources are being devoted to spying on American citizens for nefarious reasons at home rather than targeting foreign enemies abroad?

MORE:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article21411.html

boutons_deux
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
aka, "assymetric warfare" and the "irregulars" are holding their own against the Big Bad Ass US military.

LnGrrrR
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
As far as TS goes, that stat is somewhat misleading. Just because you have a Top Secret clearance doesn't mean that you're actively using it. For instance, my career field requires TS, but I don't see it in my day-to-day job. However, it takes awhile to approve of said clearance, and I could always deploy to an area where I need it, so I have to keep the clearance current and valid.

I agree with you that national intelligence is getting too large/unwieldy for its own good. I'm all for keeping secret programs as small as possible. The assassination of our own citizens thing is BS too.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
As far as TS goes, that stat is somewhat misleading. Just because you have a Top Secret clearance doesn't mean that you're actively using it. For instance, my career field requires TS, but I don't see it in my day-to-day job. However, it takes awhile to approve of said clearance, and I could always deploy to an area where I need it, so I have to keep the clearance current and valid.

I agree with you that national intelligence is getting too large/unwieldy for its own good. I'm all for keeping secret programs as small as possible. The assassination of our own citizens thing is BS too.
No shit.

Then apparently the author knows nothing about need to know. They act as if everyone knows!

Why do people read such idiocy?

LnGrrrR
07-26-2010, 09:53 PM
No shit.

Then apparently the author knows nothing about need to know. They act as if everyone knows!

Why do people read such idiocy?

You know, after you said this, I reread it. It's even more misleading. He proposes that averyone with a TS clearance is an "intelligence" member. That's certainly not the case. Just because I work with crypto doesn't mean I decode intelligence.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
You know, after you said this, I reread it. It's even more misleading. He proposes that averyone with a TS clearance is an "intelligence" member. That's certainly not the case. Just because I work with crypto doesn't mean I decode intelligence.
I know. I noticed that the first time.

Really now, with "need to know," just how many people with a TS knows. Especially since most is compartmentalized.

Libtards eat up shit like that though.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I know. I noticed that the first time.

Really now, with "need to know," just how many people with a TS knows. Especially since most is compartmentalized.

Libtards eat up shit like that though.You do know which web site that came from, don't you?