PDA

View Full Version : will john chiles ever play

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
man will john chiles ever play qb for texas, this boy is a fucking beast he should start this year not gilbert

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 06:55 PM
man will john chiles ever play qb for texas, this boy is a fucking beast he should start this year not gilbert
please tell me you're joking. Oh wait..you're a fan of a team in conference..of course that's what you'd want.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
please tell me you're joking. Oh wait..you're a fan of a team in conference..of course that's what you'd want.
hell naw im texas first i just use this baylor thing cuz everybody else got texas, but chiles>gilbert aint no way gilbert is better than chiles

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
hell naw im texas first i just use this baylor thing cuz everybody else got texas, but chiles>gilbert aint no way gilbert is better than chiles
you're out of your ever loving mind, dude...you saw Gilbert play one game in the national spotlight against the best defense in the league...John Chiles is not better. If that was the case, Mack Brown wouldn't have made the decision to make him a WR and take him away from the QB position. Mack Brown knows football...if Chiles was a better QB, he'd still be a QB.

CubanSucks
07-26-2010, 07:53 PM
The guy is a hell of an athlete but the moment someone lays a finger on him he goes down. I remember when I used to think he was gonna be insane, just like everyone else did.

And LMFAO at the quote in your sig

TFloss32
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
No, he will never play QB for Texas. He'll play slot WR, though.

Whisky Dog
07-27-2010, 09:09 AM
He's not even that good of a slot WR. His freakish speed and agility seems lost now, or it was way overhyped and didn't translate to this level. If DW and a couple others blow up he may find trouble getting snaps at WR too.

TFloss32
07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
He's not even that good of a slot WR. His freakish speed and agility seems lost now, or it was way overhyped and didn't translate to this level. If DW and a couple others blow up he may find trouble getting snaps at WR too.

I keep reading that Chiles has been a favorite target of Gilbert in 7-on-7 this summer and Chiles is bringing a rejuvenated attitude now that he's more comfortable with the WR position. That doesn't necessarily mean that will be the case once the pads go on, though.

You're absolutely right about the freshman WRs. I think Mike Davis will start at some point in the season.

mookie2001
07-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Dude do you even watch Texas, he hasn't been a qb for two years.

He never should have let his dad demand him play qb and he should have redshirted

he's emergency fourth string behind Harris and wood

He can still have a good year and cash a large check though, he has size and some name recognition and some coach will try the wildcat with him

He just has bad acceleration and he is not physical enough and he's always had the "I'm going to get sad and then play like shit" attitude when things got bad

if he's in shape and playing for a pro contract he could be a reliable 600 yd 5 td guy

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2010, 08:59 PM
John Chiles' best game as a longhorn was in the Holiday Bowl against Arizona State. We ran two trick plays for him and I believe he got a rushing TD out of it.

The Wild Horn package of last year was a complete and utter abortion, but Chiles was put in a position to fail. We did not throw once out of it, and we ran the same kinda crap that our fat slow white OL is not skilled enough to do, leaving defenses drooling every time we busted out the formation. Even Vince would have been bloaded running that rudimentary abortion Wildhorn formation.
They said the whole point of the WildHorn was to save hits on McCoy, lotta fucking good that did, he ended up with a worse Senior year than his Junior, and got completely taken out from playing the biggest game of his life.

Chiles sucks as a slot WR. He had like one good catch last year early in the season and after that did nothing. He does not accelerate for shit.
WhiskyDog has it right, his athleticism just did not translate to this level.