PDA

View Full Version : Besides the Lakers...?

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Besides the Lakers who would you least want to face in the Western Conference playoffs?

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 06:26 PM
the timberwolves.....

Muser
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Dallas/OKC

ElNono
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
We gotta get there first...

Canibspur
07-26-2010, 06:30 PM
THUNDER for sure. That team is scary.

Even when I'm not high.

Hooks
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
THUNDER for sure. That team is scary.

Even when I'm not high.

The Spurs match up very well with the Thunder, they don't have anyone on their roster that can stop Blair either.

The Jazz used to kill us but now that Boozer is gone I don't see them beating us.

Portland is the worst match up IMO, they're stacked with young players and match up with us very well.

Texas_Ranger
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Fuck the Lakers. I want to face them.

Duncan2177
07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
LA Clippers :downspin:

rayray2k8
07-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I wonder if Tlong already voted?

ohmwrecker
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Portland. For sure. Nobody else really worries me.

4>0rings
07-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Dallas

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Blazers. I feel that the Blazers match up against us just like the Lakers extremely well. Parker mentioned Miller being one of his toughest matchups before, Roy is a top 3 SG, they have plenty of legit size up front with Aldridge, Camby, Oden, Pryzbilla. They have a long 3 like Batum, this team can take any team in a 7 game series if they stay healthy and with a little bit of luck.

Cane
07-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Agreed with Blazers, even without a healthy Oden they match up well with the Spurs.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 08:12 PM
If Yao is healthy then I would hate to play the Rockets in the playoffs. The Rockets have been playing very tough defensive games with the spurs for years but now they have more offense. I voted for the Rockets.

The Blazers should be a very tough match up for the spurs but with tiago on the spurs we will match up better with them. Tiago is a agile 6'11 big that should be able to take the jumpshooting alridge out of the game. Tony should be able to destroy miller at the pg postition. Manu will definetly hold his own against roy. So we should be able to beat them.

BadMotorscooter
07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Utah Jazz. They beat us 4 out of 4 last year and people dont fear this team? Yes, they lost Boozer but they have a very capable player in Milsap to take over. But they didnt stop there. they get Al Jefferson and Raja Bell. They are gonna be the ones up there with the Lakers at the end of the year. They can use Jefferson and Okur to start the game and use Milsap off the bench like the Lakers do with Odom. Jazz are gonna be a very good team.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Utah Jazz. They beat us 4 out of 4 last year and people dont fear this team? Yes, they lost Boozer but they have a very capable player in Milsap to take over. But they didnt stop there. they get Al Jefferson and Raja Bell. They are gonna be the ones up there with the Lakers at the end of the year. They can use Jefferson and Okur to start the game and use Milsap off the bench like the Lakers do with Odom. Jazz are gonna be a very good team.

If bell is as good as he was three years ago they are going to be real dangerous. In that case williams,bell, and ak47 would be a tough 1-3 on defense. The jazz will also have three solid bigs in milsap,okur,and jefferson. For them to be scary they need bell to be the bell of three years ago. I think they blew their first round pick on that dude from butler. So thats another reason I do not fear them as much. That kid is slow and he cant shoot.

silverblackfan
07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Got to go with the Jazz. Well coached and Jefferson will bring a good inside presence. Although Portland and OKC are better in the talent area, they just don't seem to have the Spurs number. Utah on the other hand...

Leonard Curse
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM

thats who i picked esp with jefferson/bell and sloan thats going to be a hell of a team next is dallas

07-26-2010, 10:47 PM
it will probably still be dallas. dirk always goes bananas against the spurs. all he needs is a legitimate second option to step up and it's over. thunder is getting pretty overrated, blazers still can't put together their talent, and the jazz have yet to accomplish anything with al jefferson. boozer murdered the spurs the past.

Nathan89
07-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Damn, the team that swept us cant get one vote. I know amare left but they did get turkoglu,childress,and warrick. Plus robin lopez did not even play against us. Both lopez and dragic should improve this year as well.

Obstructed_View
07-27-2010, 06:47 AM
I like seeing the Spurs play the best teams in the playoffs.

silverblk mystix
07-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Here we go again, another season of sucking off the lakers...

rascal
07-27-2010, 11:56 AM

I agree. Utah has a very good solid defensive team. Al Jefferson(easily replaces the loss of Boozer) is a star big addition and they are a tough matchup for the spurs. Sweeping the spurs last year was no fluke.

alchemist
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
My pick would have to be the Thunder, every game went down to the wire and they're young ass hell. A series against them would spike blood pressures all over San Antonio. :lol

:lol @ the Jazz....that end of the season Spurs were not the same team the Jazz faced early on.

alchemist
07-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Damn, the team that swept us cant get one vote. I know amare left but they did get turkoglu,childress,and warrick. Plus robin lopez did not even play against us. Both lopez and dragic should improve this year as well.
I think the reason for that is Amare was one of the main culprits in how the Spurs lost. They had to always keep an eye on the Nash/Amare pick and roll and that's how they just raped the Spurs from the 3pt line.

bus driver
07-27-2010, 01:12 PM
for me it doesnt matter, we play whoever is in our way.
BELIEVE
:flag:

ohmwrecker
07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
OKC?! Are you kidding? This is a good, young team and KD is he real deal, but they aren't a realistic threat to win a championship. Not yet.

Nathan89
04-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Bump.

LakerHater
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.portlandroundballsociety.com/storage/pinwheel.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=127194505 5531
Portland holmes... there tuff!!

TampaDude
04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
OKC...don't sleep on them, folks!

Beaverfuzz
04-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Chicago, and OKC will not make it out of the first round. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

pgardn
04-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I would rather face the Lakers first round. You beat the defending champs immediately and get on with business. If we cant beat them, we get off the legs early. Its a no-brainer for me. Does going to the Finals or WCF and losing make anyone that much happier than losing first round? We are in this to win the whole thing. Failure to do so is a disappointment no matter what round we might lose. I wish this was all determined as quickly as possible.

Lets get on with it.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I heard the Nuggets were the team to hear the most :lol :toast