Avitus1
07-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Hell yes!

lurker23
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Believe.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-27-2010, 11:20 PM
WTF is a the point in a poll at this point of the season? We don't know the roster, nor those of the other teams, we haven't seen them play together... in short, we have nothing reliable to base a judgement on. Stupid fucking thread.

Juanobili
07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I believe every season, so yeah.. I guess

manu the best
07-27-2010, 11:51 PM
.. hell yeah!!!!

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 11:57 PM
WTF is a the point in a poll at this point of the season? We don't know the roster, nor those of the other teams, we haven't seen them play together... in short, we have nothing reliable to base a judgement on. Stupid fucking thread.

Wow man...you are Ruff...but apparently not ready.

I don't know if you have been watching, but we have one of the best coaches in the league.

We also have a dedicated Tony Parker in a contract year.

We have a locked up Manu Ginobili who i'm sure Pop will rest for the playoffs.

We have Tim freakin Duncan, who i'm also sure Pop will rest for the playoffs.

Tiago Splitter has now joined the Spurs. He is the best big man the Spurs have had next to TD since David Robinson.

The Spurs have young up and coming talent in Dejuan Blair and George Hill.

Both bring valuable minutes to the floor.

Add a rookie sharpshooter, a vet red-headed hustler, and a vet foward who will be in his second year in the system and who showed flashes in the playoffs, and I know all I need to know.

Our Spurs are loaded and while yes, I expect some growing pains early, I believe they will pound that rock and overcome the Lakers and whomever the East serves up to bring number 5 back to SA...

If you don't believe, that's fine. You are a man of little faith. I can understand that. But that's kinda what we call bandwagon fans around these parts.

I'd rather be wrong and with the Spurs, then right and against them, any day of the week. That's why we call ourselves true fans.

Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Chieflion
07-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Dude, you just called Matt Bonner a hustler. No one will take you seriously from now on.

And we are not loaded. The Spurs are not top talent heavy. Too much depth is not even good.

bigzak25
07-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Regarding Bonner, if Pop believes in him, I am no one to doubt his judgment.

Did you just say too much depth is not good? You cannot be serious man!

This team will win with Team Offense and Team Defense...but I believe they will get it done.

RJ is a happy camper with his contract secured and Pop working with him in the offseason.

Splitter took less money to join the Spurs than he could have commanded. That's a true Spur in the making.

Bonner will bring some needed 3pt shooting and allow the Spurs to rest TD a bit more.

We'll see who else they bring in to finish off the roster, but I think they have the talent to win it all now.

I have never doubted their heart. And I know Pop is the man for the job.

The man has coached legends. He will bring this team together and have them running on all cylinders at the right time. SPAM ftw.

Chieflion
07-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Regarding Bonner, if Pop believes in him, I am no one to doubt his judgment.

Did you just say too much depth is not good? You cannot be serious man!

This team will win with Team Offense and Team Defense...but I believe they will get it done.

RJ is a happy camper with his contract secured and Pop working with him in the offseason.

Splitter took less money to join the Spurs than he could have commanded. That's a true Spur in the making.

Bonner will bring some needed 3pt shooting and allow the Spurs to rest TD a bit more.

We'll see who else they bring in to finish off the roster, but I think they have the talent to win it all now.

I have never doubted their heart. And I know Pop is the man for the job.

The man has coached legends. He will bring this team together and have them running on all cylinders at the right time. SPAM ftw.

Don't twist my words. There is actually a point where too much depth is just useless. It doesn't matter if the Spurs have a 12th man that can play, because he wouldn't be playing in the playoffs. Impact players, stars, are more valuable to a team like the Spurs. We don't need extra depth because there is enough.

silverblk mystix
07-28-2010, 12:25 AM
of fuckin course

21_Blessings
07-28-2010, 12:28 AM
The Spurs will 4-peat as December champions..

bigzak25
07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Don't twist my words. There is actually a point where too much depth is just useless. It doesn't matter if the Spurs have a 12th man that can play, because he wouldn't be playing in the playoffs. Impact players, stars, are more valuable to a team like the Spurs. We don't need extra depth because there is enough.

Okay, I see your point, but I've only spoken of the top 9.

TD
Splitter
RJ
Manu
TP

Hill
Blair
Bonner
Anderson

And yes, while another guard and another big would be good insurance in case of injury and to be sure that TD and Manu don't get worn out in the regular season, I don't see any additions at this point being major playoff contributors...short of something like a Shaq signing for the LLE.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-28-2010, 12:40 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle, you've been majorly cranky on the boards ever since RJ signed that extension:toast

Mr. Body
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Twice as many say yes than no? Man yall some morons.

rayray2k8
07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
The Spurs will 4-peat as December champions..

You obviously don't know the spurs very well.

The Mavs will 4-peat as December champions..

FIFY :spin

texas_gator
07-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Fuck yeah!

Man In Black
07-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Got 20-1 yesterday at Flamingo in Las Vegas. So yeah, they're in it to win it and so am I.

Doctor J
07-28-2010, 02:35 AM
98-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Anyone?

elemento
07-28-2010, 02:47 AM
If we had a better SF maybe ..but with RJ nahhhh

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Wow man...you are Ruff...but apparently not ready.

I don't know if you have been watching, but we have one of the best coaches in the league.

We also have a dedicated Tony Parker in a contract year.

We have a locked up Manu Ginobili who i'm sure Pop will rest for the playoffs.

We have Tim freakin Duncan, who i'm also sure Pop will rest for the playoffs.

Tiago Splitter has now joined the Spurs. He is the best big man the Spurs have had next to TD since David Robinson.

The Spurs have young up and coming talent in Dejuan Blair and George Hill.

Both bring valuable minutes to the floor.

Add a rookie sharpshooter, a vet red-headed hustler, and a vet foward who will be in his second year in the system and who showed flashes in the playoffs, and I know all I need to know.

Our Spurs are loaded and while yes, I expect some growing pains early, I believe they will pound that rock and overcome the Lakers and whomever the East serves up to bring number 5 back to SA...

If you don't believe, that's fine. You are a man of little faith. I can understand that. But that's kinda what we call bandwagon fans around these parts.

I'd rather be wrong and with the Spurs, then right and against them, any day of the week. That's why we call ourselves true fans.

Go Spurs Go! :flag:

No, I haven't been paying attention at all... :rolleyes

My point is actually that asking a basketball fan to "believe" as if you are referring to a deity is a fucking stupid thing to ask in July.

Being a fan of a team is not only a matter of faith, it is also a matter of analysis. Right now, I think we have about a 4% chance of making the Finals, but by late-January I'll know a lot more about the team and will be much more accurately able to judge whether we have something brewing or not. Thousands of variables could change between now and then, so what is the fucking point of this stupid poll? None but to profess yourself and others who blindly believe in things to be "true Spurs fans", whilst those of us who like to apply some reason before investing our faith are bandwagon fans. You, sir, are a bigoted against the rational, and I denounce you for it. Also, your post implies that somehow those who don't believe we will win the championship are lesser fans. What a load of bullshit. The Spurs could be the worst team in the league and I would still give them my bordering-on-fanatical support - their success does not determine how much I love the team. Those who flee when the team is unsuccessful, and appear only at times of success, are actually what is referred to as "bandwagoners", so fuck you, and fuck your stupid fucking poll. :ihit

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle, you've been majorly cranky on the boards ever since RJ signed that extension:toast

Yeah, I'm trialing a new therapy - just be angry if you are angry rather than bottling it up... and yeah, actually, I'm enjoying it. ;)

98-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Anyone?

About as scientific as my arsehole, but a better theory than that espoused by the OP... :lmao

bigzak25
07-28-2010, 04:01 AM
Well Ruff, no offense, but you seem to have the Anal part of Analytical down.

I'm sure the man next to you in your avatar would be proud.

I feel the Spurs have given us plenty of reasons to believe this year.

Our Spurs now have the players to get it done. Simple as that.

Now lets all sing kumbaya, as this should be a rally thread more than a draw the line thread...

It's just going to be interesting to see who was on board from the beginning when I anticipate we will all celebrating next June. :flag:

hsxvvd
07-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Speaking of championships... Ruff, where's my :lobt:?

Either way, looking forward to defending my title.

ffadicted
07-28-2010, 05:34 AM
At least give like four options man, I obviously had to vote no because I wouldn't bet on it, and neither should anybody

Tito_Trinidad
07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
The only "IF" should be:

if Splitter/Duncan Twin Tower fantasy can bring it !!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Well Ruff, no offense, but you seem to have the Anal part of Analytical down.

I'm sure the man next to you in your avatar would be proud.

I feel the Spurs have given us plenty of reasons to believe this year.

Our Spurs now have the players to get it done. Simple as that.

Now lets all sing kumbaya, as this should be a rally thread more than a draw the line thread...

It's just going to be interesting to see who was on board from the beginning when I anticipate we will all celebrating next June. :flag:

No, actually, I was making the very valid point that true fandom does not depend on believing, it depends on the level of support, loyalty and commitment that you give to the team regardless of their performance.

I'm sick of fans who think that because they have faith that we will win it all they are somehow better than fans who are rational and realistic about our chances. You caught the brunt of my annoyance, but it is broadcast at many.

GO SPURS GO. :flag:

Oh, and I respect David not because of his faith, but because of his actions - he is an honest, honourable, loyal, charitable man, and it is that which makes him great. That those actions flow from his faith is his business.

Speaking of championships... Ruff, where's my :lobt:?

Either way, looking forward to defending my title.

Oh, bugger, I forgot, sorry. :oops

Will see what I can do... but don't hold your breath! :lol

bigzak25
07-28-2010, 10:11 AM
No, actually, I was making the very valid point that true fandom does not depend on believing, it depends on the level of support, loyalty and commitment that you give to the team regardless of their performance.

I can respect that man. Good point!

I'm sick of fans who think that because they have faith that we will win it all they are somehow better than fans who are rational and realistic about our chances. You caught the brunt of my annoyance, but it is broadcast at many.

GO SPURS GO. :flag:

Okay, I get it man. Listen, any of you Spurs fans that don't think the Spurs will win a title, that's okay alright. That doesn't make me or any other Spurs fan that believes at this point a better fan.

I'm just sayin, at this point, from what I've seen already regarding the Spurs acquisitions...which amount to Splitter and Anderson being added to last years squad...I am comfortable enough to say that I have complete faith from an analytical view point even, that our Spurs now have what it takes to get the job done.

If you need to see the team gel before you can take that leap...so be it!

Go Spurs Go! We all in this together, or at least we should be!

sabar
07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Fandom isn't about faith, its about being arrogant and declaring that your team will win when it has no chance. Those people that scream for the Clippers don't actually think a miracle will happen and god will lead them to victory. They're just being fans. I don't see the point in melting down.

Blake
07-28-2010, 10:17 PM
no, but daring to dream is what it's all about

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I can respect that man. Good point!

Okay, I get it man. Listen, any of you Spurs fans that don't think the Spurs will win a title, that's okay alright. That doesn't make me or any other Spurs fan that believes at this point a better fan.

I'm just sayin, at this point, from what I've seen already regarding the Spurs acquisitions...which amount to Splitter and Anderson being added to last years squad...I am comfortable enough to say that I have complete faith from an analytical view point even, that our Spurs now have what it takes to get the job done.

If you need to see the team gel before you can take that leap...so be it!

Go Spurs Go! We all in this together, or at least we should be!

Fair enough.

I don't have enough info at the moment to have any clue how good we'll be. I'll wait until 6-8 weeks into the season before making any meaningful prognostications.

However, I very much hope that the youngsters blossom, Splitter transitions well, Hill and Blair take another step forward, Timmy/Manu don't take a step backward, and the team stays relatively healthy. If all of those things occur, and we peak after the ASB, we'll have a good shot at the trophy.

Fandom isn't about faith, its about being arrogant and declaring that your team will win when it has no chance. Those people that scream for the Clippers don't actually think a miracle will happen and god will lead them to victory. They're just being fans. I don't see the point in melting down.

Not melting down, just making a point about a pet peeve of mine and releasing some of the frustration from the RJ signing... ;)