PDA

View Full Version : So how do you beat the Heat.

BullsDynasty
07-28-2010, 12:42 AM
I figure the only team with a chance are the Magic and the Lakers since they have a good front court and the Heat's frontcourt is full of shit but otherwise how do you beat this team?

Amuseddaysleeper
07-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Play zone.

jk

MiamiHeat
07-28-2010, 12:53 AM
I figure the only team with a chance are the Magic and the Lakers since they have a good front court and the Heat's frontcourt is full of shit but otherwise how do you beat this team?

Lebron
Bosh
BigZ/Anthony

badfish22
07-28-2010, 12:54 AM
hope dwades knee gets fucked up again
hope chemisty problems screw them up (tbh this probably wont happen until after a few rings)

MavDynasty
07-28-2010, 12:57 AM
82 win ecstasy !

MiamiHeat
07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
73-9 ?

TheKingOfMIA6
07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Just invite Delonte to sit court side.

lol'd

Cant yall people stop saying the Heat are unbeatable when we haven't seen them play a game together their whole team looks way different than it did last year we don't even know if it will work out with a team having 2 stars(Wade, Bosh) that have the ball in their hands 80% of the game. The Lakers are the Champions and they should be the team to beat.

usdane
07-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Lebron
Bosh
BigZ/Anthony

Artest
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
Ratliff

Come inside our paint if you dare. We will play volleyball in your paint.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Anything less than a title is a massive failure. James has already promised 8.

James has promised many things...

MavDynasty
Artest
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
Ratliff

:cry great fucking frontline :cry

HarlemHeat37
Artest
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
Ratliff

The bottom 2 are pretty much guaranteed to be hurt by the time april comes around..

usdane
07-28-2010, 01:15 AM
The bottom 2 are pretty much guaranteed to be hurt by the time april comes around..

Did not matter the last two years. Why would that change anything. Our frontline will still fuck the shit out of yours.

21_Blessings
07-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Rebound and control the pace. It's pretty simple.

The Lakers and maybe Boston are the only teams with the ability to do that though.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Rebound and control the pace. It's pretty simple.

The Lakers and maybe Boston are the only teams with the ability to do that though.

+1

Rebounding is probably the major role against our team I think the Magic could also be up there with Boston and LA.

Chillen
07-28-2010, 01:24 AM
A nice fan and some air conditioning.

seriously, Miami will be very good but Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Lakers still have a shot at taking them out, especially if depth becomes an issue behind the big 3. I expect them to be in the ECF, on paper they look good enough to get there, but like Chicago with all the improvements they have to prove it as well.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-28-2010, 01:32 AM
A nice fan and some air conditioning.

seriously, Miami will be very good but Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Lakers still have a shot at taking them out, especially if depth becomes an issue behind the big 3. I expect them to be in the ECF, on paper they look good enough to get there, but like Chicago with all the improvements they have to prove it as well.

Thats what Im saying on paper we might be the best team but we havent played a game with the new team and so did the Bulls.

CubanSucks
07-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Score more points than them.

Ashy Larry
07-28-2010, 03:17 AM

Dwight Howard should have a field day against that front line including if he's defended by Bosh. But he'll have to be smart because LeBron or Wade will just drive to the hole and throw themselves into Howard and BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, there goes the whistle.

If they can make shots alone the perimeter, they can beat the Heat. Definitely exploit that Nelson-Chalmers match up. Problem is they have to depend on 36 million dollars worth of shit in Carter and Lewis. Advantage Heat.

mystargtr34
07-28-2010, 03:31 AM
I think the addition of Big Z is pretty under rated to be honest... he's had some good success guarding some of the better finesse pivot players in the league... he's used his length well even against Gasol and Duncan toward the latter part of his career. So against the Lakers, he can probably give you solid 20-25 minutes defending Pau and Bynum.

Obviously if you be physical.. ala Dwight Howard.. you can have your way with him... but Bynum and Pau arent those type of players. The Shaq/Ilgauskas and Varejao/Ilgauskas combinations in Cleveland had more success than any other team in the league in containing the Lakers frontline... that i saw anyway.

Magloire is a big body who can probably keep Bynum and Pau a couple of feet further from the basket for 10-15 minutes a night... and Anthony can give you some shot blocking although i wouldnt like that matchup if i was the Heat.

The you have Bosh (who is under rated defensively) obviously who will see the majority of time guarding Pau and Odom... and hes big and athletic enough to at least get a hand up and put up some sort of resistance... so I think they have enough on the front line to be a championship team.

balldontlie
07-28-2010, 03:34 AM
stay in the shade, drink lots of water, move to a cooler climate

Darrin
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM

You force them into bad decisions with the basketball. This is easier said than done because you need two defenders to stay in-front of Wade and Lebron. The Lakers have the personnel to do it with Matt Barnes (Wade) and Ron Artest (Lebron). You force them into a bad shot by cutting off the passing lanes and not letting them get comfortable offensively; keep them off rhythm by showing different defenses. This is tricky because Lebron and Wade are both good at taking advantage when they see two defenders (tilt) on them. The trick is to cover all the passing lanes at the same time you show two defenders. They could do this with Lebron in his later time with the Cavaliers because Lebron was a one-on-one player.

Keep them out of transition. You have to get quality looks at the basket at the other end. You have crash the offensive glass and get back defensively when they start to run. Otherwise, they will beat you up.

I think Bynum can isolate Bosh and take him out of the game. I don't see him fight when he gets a quality defender on him. That may change if he has Spolestra, Riley, Lebron, and Wade putting a boot in his ass. He's mentally much like Lamar Odom. So don't let him get hot. Don't let him gain confidence or when he does, defend him so that he makes bad decisions. Make the Miami Heat go away from him.

Basketballgirl25
07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Anything less than a title is a massive failure. James has already promised 8.

yeah really:lol, I mean at least with the Lakers I didn't hear anyone promise so my titles, Heat losing would be a really massive failure, more so then the Mavs in 2006

Basketballgirl25
07-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Dwight Howard should have a field day against that front line including if he's defended by Bosh. But he'll have to be smart because LeBron or Wade will just drive to the hole and throw themselves into Howard and BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, there goes the whistle.

If they can make shots alone the perimeter, they can beat the Heat. Definitely exploit that Nelson-Chalmers match up. Problem is they have to depend on 36 million dollars worth of shit in Carter and Lewis. Advantage Heat.

Carter isn't shit, I'd rather have him over Bosh:toast

Bito Corleone
07-28-2010, 07:51 AM
the Heat's frontcourt is full of shit

Very true. Lebron and Bosh are shit players.

bostonguy
07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Hope that Spoelstra stays the head coach. I am serious on that too. Riley needs to come back to coach this team. The D will be much better under Riley and much more physical. The guy is a hall of famer and a coach I would trust in the playoffs.

picc84
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Hope they're complacent after winning their 8th championship last season. Plus age should be catching up to them, with Wade turning 36, Bron at 33, Bosh at 34.

Cane
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
No real order:

1. Pray to the basketball gods
2. Zone Defense
3. Somehow bait them into fouls
4. Set the tone early by playing physical defense, hope that superstar calls fade with 3 stars on the same team
5. Hack their worst FT shooter
6. When you foul, foul hard - if you're Dwight Howard, throw plenty of your incidental-contact elbows right into Bosh's previously fractured face
7. Clog the paint and make 'em beat you from the outside; hopefully forcing Wade, James, or a roleplayer into shooting long jumpshots
8. ???????
9. :lobt2:

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
07-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Miami needs a couple of years before they are good enough to win it. That MLE will come in handy to get some critical pieces in 2011 nd 2012.I expect the Heat to not make the finals for 1-3 years. If they don't win by 2014, the big 3 have player options and will probably bail out. I'd trade Bosh for a Perkins like center and a good PG, then they're ready now. Bosh is the weak link, along with their front court. LeBron and Wade is good enough. 2 many cooks spoil te broth and Bosh is the odd man out. If Miami starts failing, look for the blame to go to him for not helping.

lefty
07-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Take Lebron James off the team

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I think Miami needs a couple of years before they are good enough to win it. That MLE will come in handy to get some critical pieces in 2011 nd 2012.I expect the Heat to not make the finals for 1-3 years. If they don't win by 2014, the big 3 have player options and will probably bail out. I'd trade Bosh for a Perkins like center and a good PG, then they're ready now. Bosh is the weak link, along with their front court. LeBron and Wade is good enough. 2 many cooks spoil te broth and Bosh is the odd man out. If Miami starts failing, look for the blame to go to him for not helping.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

TheHeatIsOn
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
DaddyOfTrolls

nigga u outta be smokin some good shit nigga cuz u talkin like u super high you kno im sayin nigga pass the shit nigga

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Go inside and turn on your air conditioner

This joke had already been used twice in this thread..fail..

The Gemini Method
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I usually jump in the pool or go to a movie...maybe pick up some Cold Stone or Yogurtland...

How do you beat them? Well, its not like they're going to go undefeated or anything. I would probably attack 'em at the frontcourt and consider making them a perimeter-based team.

MiamiHeat
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
73-9 ?

I personally believe they can go undefeated 82-0 in the regular season (not playoffs) if they try their hardest.

The Gemini Method
07-28-2010, 04:13 PM
73-9 ?

I personally believe they can go undefeated 82-0 in the regular season (not playoffs) if they try their hardest.

You should lay off the coca...they're a loaded team...but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

TheHeatIsOn
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
73-9 ?

Hell yeah nigga we goin 82 win ecstasy in regular season an 16-0 in mathafuckin postseason you already know nigga

MiamiHeat
07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
You should lay off the coca...they're a loaded team...but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

you dont have to be a perfect team to go 82-0

just gotta be better than everyone else and not slack off.

the Heat have enough firepower that even if LeBron or someone has an offnight, they still have so much talent, they can still pull out wins.

the shitty to average mediocre teams of the league have no chance.

The Gemini Method
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM

the Heat have enough firepower that even if LeBron or someone has an offnight, they still have so much talent, they can still pull out wins.

While this could be true, I would venture to guess you're going to lose either Wade or Bosh to some kind of injury given their history and even if you were to stay healthy, there is a humongous target on their collective back. The supporting cast is going to rely on a Mike Miller that played 50 games last year and a Big Z that has his own share of injuries. Most certainly if they stay completely healthy they'll have a shot at the Bulls record, but there is no way they'll go undefeated.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
07-28-2010, 04:51 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

You flash Spurs as your team
Your user name implies Knicks or Heat fan
Your avatar says Heat fan.

Obviously you are a bandwagon fan, and as I have seen, you rarely contribute anything useful to a discussion.

This isn't 2007 when the Celtics leaped above the whole league with their trades.

Right now you have 3 teams that have championship experience and open windows:

1) Spurs: Duncan is signed through 2012.
2) Celtics: Big 3 through 2012, Pierce through 2014. Rondo may still improve.
3) Lakers: Kobe and Pau signed through 2014.
4) Magic: want back in the finals.

Not to mention a number of teams with a shot in the coming years, including the Bulls, Thunder, Blazers and wherever Melo and CP3 wind up.

The Heat team is built to win over the long haul. The league will rise to the challenge. Miami just isn't ready, too many other hungrier teams that must win NOW in their way. The future could be theirs. There is just as good a chance it won't be as it will if they don't win in the next two years. I say they don't. That's my opinion, but at least I give reasons for it.

Robin and Batgirl needed to join Batman in South Beach because they couldn't do it alone. You fell for the hype, plain and simple. If Miami does win next year and after, it will not be as easy as you think. It will be tooth and nail and down to the bitter end. Wake up and pay attention to the other great teams out there, there are more now than ever before in NBA history.

However, a typical bandwagon homer like you rarely sees shit.

bus driver
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
....as long as they dont play the mavs they aint winning shit

Don Ready
07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Carter isn't shit, I'd rather have him over Bosh:toast

Your right he's even more worthless than shit. Shit can atleast be used as fertilizer. Carter's only worth is wasting money.

Don Ready
07-28-2010, 05:18 PM

If games were played on paper sure.:lol

TheKingOfMIA6
07-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Some of you guys are overrating our team when we haven't played a game with the new roster but we'll wait and see I hope they'll be as good as you Heat fans say.

Koolaid_Man
07-28-2010, 06:44 PM
"Beat The Heat" Those cats can beat themselves in a circle jerk motion... ;-)

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM
You flash Spurs as your team
Your user name implies Knicks or Heat fan
Your avatar says Heat fan.

Obviously you are a bandwagon fan, and as I have seen, you rarely contribute anything useful to a discussion.

This isn't 2007 when the Celtics leaped above the whole league with their trades.

Right now you have 3 teams that have championship experience and open windows:

1) Spurs: Duncan is signed through 2012.
2) Celtics: Big 3 through 2012, Pierce through 2014. Rondo may still improve.
3) Lakers: Kobe and Pau signed through 2014.
4) Magic: want back in the finals.

Not to mention a number of teams with a shot in the coming years, including the Bulls, Thunder, Blazers and wherever Melo and CP3 wind up.

The Heat team is built to win over the long haul. The league will rise to the challenge. Miami just isn't ready, too many other hungrier teams that must win NOW in their way. The future could be theirs. There is just as good a chance it won't be as it will if they don't win in the next two years. I say they don't. That's my opinion, but at least I give reasons for it.

Robin and Batgirl needed to join Batman in South Beach because they couldn't do it alone. You fell for the hype, plain and simple. If Miami does win next year and after, it will not be as easy as you think. It will be tooth and nail and down to the bitter end. Wake up and pay attention to the other great teams out there, there are more now than ever before in NBA history.

However, a typical bandwagon homer like you rarely sees shit.

Tbh, that was some of the worst analysis I've seen in a while..

I have an all-spurs talk medal for a reason, I'm an elite contributor here, my analysis and arguments on both floors got me that respect..

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks, How is Lebron's cock these days?

Magical, tbh..

Why does it annoy you so much?..

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Tbh, that was some of the worst analysis I've seen in a while..

I have an all-spurs talk medal for a reason, I'm an elite contributor here, my analysis and arguments on both floors got me that respect..

Wow, just wow. Some of the worst analysis you have seen in awhile? Do you expect anyone to take your word on that when you don't even try to justify why it's the worst analysis? What part is bad? So let's have a look at all the perfectly logical points I made that you dismissed as trash:

1) Spurs, Celtics, and Lakers have championship experience?
2) They are all hungry for more?
3) They can't be counted out until their teams windows closed? I even gave the years.
4) That there may be more great teams now than at any time in NBA history?
5) That LeBron admitted he needed help and became Robin to Wade's Batman?
6) CP3 and Melo may team up somewhere, with Amar'e perhaps in NY?
7) That the rest of the league is on notice to deal with the Heat?
8) That maybe other teams are hungrier than the Heat?
9) That other teams need to win now while the Heat may have 10 years to do their thing?
10) That if the Heat don't win by 2014, some of the Big 3 might opt out?

You didn't even challenge me. That makes you a pussy in my book. You here that? You are a pussy! Many people know that already.

Yeah, you have your elite award so far stuck up your ass it blinds you. You think you can say anything and that makes it right. Maybe you have brainwashed some people with some good posts, but consistency with them is not your forte.

Son, I owned your alter ego MiamiHeat already, now it's your turn.

TIMMYD!
07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
How did TheHeatIsOn already get bolded?

TheHeatIsOn
07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
How did TheHeatIsOn already get bolded?

Gotta know the right people to do the right thang you film it nigga

Red Hawk #21
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Gotta know the right people to do the right thang you film it nigga

Do you have to use "Nigga" every time you post?

SomeCallMeTim
07-28-2010, 10:13 PM
:lol @ "The Heat could go 82-0 if they tried hard enough"

And I thought 73-9 predictions were utterly ridiculous.

TheHeatIsOn
07-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Do you have to use "Nigga" every time you post?

nigga u got a problem wit a word nigga?

HarlemHeat37
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
because of your devout infatuation for him, is so damn sickening

Why though?..I'm just a big fan, I can't help it, TBH..

TIMMYtoZO
07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Attack them inside where they are at their weakest. Of course this all hinges on how Dexter Pittman pans out this year. Joel is undersized, Z and Maglore are old and slow.

Also Eric Spoelstra has to go. I want Riley coaching this team ASAP. This team is built for him and not some nobody named Spoelstra. I don't hate the guy, just hate him coaching this type of team. I don't trust him.

Red Hawk #21
07-28-2010, 10:54 PM
nigga u got a problem wit a word nigga?

No, I just don't understand it. Using that word so much makes me think that you're some kind of thug or "gangsta". But then I remember that real thugs wouldn't be on Spurstalk.com

SomeCallMeTim
07-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Attack them inside where they are at their weakest. Of course this all hinges on how Dexter Pittman pans out this year. Joel is undersized, Z and Maglore are old and slow.

Also Eric Spoelstra has to go. I want Riley coaching this team ASAP. This team is built for him and not some nobody named Spoelstra. I don't hate the guy, just hate him coaching this type of team. I don't trust him.

They have a real weakness at 5. Z just doesn't have it anymore from what I can tell, he was terrible last year. The other options are iffy. I think despite this they will be fine but it should be a point of concern for them.

I think Shaq would actually be a very good signing for them but it seems doubtful Riley's and Shaq's egos would allow that to happen. I agree with some other poster upthread who pointed out that Shaq gave the Lakers centers trouble last year. In that sense, he'd seem to be a perfect fit.

florige
07-29-2010, 12:35 AM

Also Eric Spoelstra has to go. I want Riley coaching this team ASAP. This team is built for him and not some nobody named Spoelstra. I don't hate the guy, just hate him coaching this type of team. I don't trust hi.

Exactly dude! Riley is a pro a coaching future HoF's.

florige
07-29-2010, 12:39 AM

Also Eric Spoelstra has to go. I want Riley coaching this team ASAP. This team is built for him and not some nobody named Spoelstra. I don't hate the guy, just hate him coaching this type of team. I don't trust hi.

Riley will be back on the sidelines as soon as he gets a picture on how they play together. Eric will file for an early leave if they are playing good due to family reasons.. It would be too obvious for him to be HC this soon.

Ari Gold
11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
lulz.

Jacob1983
11-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Utah Jazz

YellowFever
11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Show Up.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Wear green, apparently.

Red Hawk #21
11-13-2010, 10:51 AM
73-9 ?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

sefant77
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM
lol even the Craptors are just down by 6 in the 4th

resistanze
11-13-2010, 09:43 PM
:lmao The Heat can't even grab a rebound.