PDA

View Full Version : Wii games worth buying?

ynh
07-28-2010, 01:52 AM
So I just picked up a Wii. E310 really had some games that got me interested in it (other M, Goldeneye) so I went ahead and traded in a bunch of games I don't play and managed to have enough to get the black wii with Mario Galaxy 2 for 14 bucks out of pocket.

So I have mario.. and I figure the ussual suspects are worth a buy (Metroid, Zelda, Mario) but was curious to hear of any other games that are worth a buy. Only thing I'm not too into are party games.

Oh and how exactly does the online work on the Wii? Any good FPS on here (rail or not)?

PM5K
07-28-2010, 01:59 AM
If you're not into party games why the fuck did you buy a wii?

ynh
07-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Pretty much the same reason most people do.. Nintendo first party games. I love Metroid, Zelda, and Mario.. so if that's all I find I don't mind beings all I did was trade a bunch of old games in.. just looking to see if there is anything else out there.

Drachen
07-28-2010, 08:07 AM
One that I got for Christmas the year before last was Thrillville. My buddy got it because it was in the bargain bin at like walmart or something. He gave it to me, I didn't play it for 7 months or so, then decided to pop it in. The actual game is kind of lame, but it has a whole host of in-game games which are curiously addicting.

I like playing COD WOW online with the wii. It's pretty fun and I like that I actually have to aim, rather than manipulate little joysticks. DON'T use the gun thing that you can buy. It may be good for other games, but when you use the gun, it is very difficult to use the buttons on the top of the controller. The wii allows you to reprogram the other buttons to replace the top buttons' functionality, however it is a pain in the ass and doesn't work perfectly.

I also had a lot of fun with resident evil 4.

DarkReign
07-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Youre stuck with 1st party titles, dude.

The only game that gets played on my Wii is Wii Resort...Ping Pong and Frisbee Golf.

Its a crime Nintendo gets away with their production values on the Wii. Wii Resort cost maybe $50k to make and its sold millions (+ peripherals) The characters and graphics are shit, absolute shit, worse than shit. Which bums me out when you play their 1st party titles because those actually look really good!

Anyway, if I were a game developer, I'd basically clone Wii Resort but update the graphics, chop a couple games, add a couple here and there and I'd be a millionaire.

Hank the Tank
07-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Punch-Out!! is probably the only game I really enjoyed on the Wii along with Super Mario Galaxy. Pick up Okami if you didn't play it on the PS2. No More Heroes is okay as well.

DarkReign
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Heard MadWorld or whatever was good, too, but action game on the Wii?

No thanks.

Drachen
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I guess I am ok with playing action games on the Wii because I have never really cared about graphics. I mean, they are pretty when good, but it does absolutely nothing for me as far as gaming experience. I am far more interested in game play and ability to compete against other people.

I am sure some people were shocked that I had COD WOW on there, but like I said, I like the controls better than a keyboard, or joysticks. That provides a ton more in the way of game enjoyability than being able to clearly see the buckle that holds extra ammo to my opponents' jacket.

I don't mean this as an insult to anyone who puts graphics much higher on their list of priorities, this is just what works for me.

Nathan Explosion
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Anyway, if I were a game developer, I'd basically clone Wii Resort but update the graphics, chop a couple games, add a couple here and there and I'd be a millionaire.

There are lots of games that have done that.

Anyway, I recently bought Tiger Woods Golf 11 for the Wii. It's pretty damn fun and addicting.

CuckingFunt
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I second the Mad World and No More Heroes suggestions. And Okami is far better on the Wii than it was on the PS2.

Other than that... you're looking at party games and virtual console downloads.

LnGrrrR
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Heard MadWorld or whatever was good, too, but action game on the Wii?

No thanks.

Actually, it's pretty darn good. I'd rent it though; it's a quick beat.

Muser
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Light gun games like House of the Dead are awesome IMO, and like people have said the virtual console has some great classics.

The Reckoning
07-28-2010, 04:12 PM
all women love mario kart. its the ultimate chick magnet.

ynh
07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys. I ended up picking up many of the games you guys suggested. Picked up New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Madworld, No more Heros, Tiger Woods 11, and House of the dead.. They all are pretty fun. Would pick up WaW but I have played that to death on the 360.

Nice system.. but it would suck if it were the only one for someone.

Muser
07-29-2010, 04:59 AM
I hated New Super Mario Bros. Mario Kart Wii was awesome though I thought.