PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e is now apparently Jewish

anakha
07-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Amar'e Off to Israel (http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/nba-star-amar-e-stoudemire-heads-to-israel-after-discovering-jewish-roots-1.304552)

Amar'e Discovers Jewish Roots (http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=182914)

This... this can't be serious, can it?

ElNono
07-28-2010, 11:54 PM
He's in New York now... gotta appeal to the local crowd...

Goran Dragic
07-28-2010, 11:56 PM
:lmao

anakha
07-28-2010, 11:57 PM
http://twitter.com/amareisreal

I'm the new Reggie White. (RIP) I'm going 2 Israel 2 study Hebrew. It's time 2 get a better understanding on who we R. Follow me !! Shalom

On the flight to Israel. This is going to be a great trip. The holy land. Learn about it. This ze ha'halom sheli. Shalom.

...words fail me.

Veterinarian
07-29-2010, 12:01 AM
All trolling aside, I'm not sure what's wrong with him being a Jew. I mean if you're going to worship an imaginary daddy figure one's just as good as the other.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 12:02 AM
All trolling aside, I'm not sure what's wrong with him being a Jew.
I don't think anyone finds anything wrong with it, just that it's funny and doesn't make any sense.

METALMiKE
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
next stop... Carnegie Deli!

Sisk
07-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Maybe he just wants to get better at managing money.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Tbh he shoulda revealed this while negotiating an extension with the Suns, Sarver would have surely sprung for a guaranteed 5 year deal if it was for a Jew.

anakha
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
All trolling aside, I'm not sure what's wrong with him being a Jew. I mean if you're going to worship an imaginary daddy figure one's just as good as the other.

It's the 'holy shit, where the fuck did that come from?' factor that had me speechless.

DMX7
07-29-2010, 12:59 AM
It's the 'holy shit, where the fuck did that come from?' factor that had me speechless.

It came from him being a complete sellout.

ezau
07-29-2010, 02:04 AM
I don't think anyone finds anything wrong with it, just that it's funny and doesn't make any sense.

The greatest thing that he ever did in his entire career is leave Phoenix. Good for him:toast

Bito Corleone
07-29-2010, 02:09 AM

:toast

Maybe he just wants to get better at managing money.

:lmao

Jeremy
07-29-2010, 02:10 AM
This is isn't something new since he signed with NY. He's been using Hebrew words for quite awhile now. And remember that interview with his mother during the WCF, after she was arrested? She insisted on using the Hebrew name for God.

21_Blessings
07-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Now DOK's Amare man crush finally makes sense.

Kori Ellis
07-29-2010, 03:07 AM
This is isn't something new since he signed with NY. He's been using Hebrew words for quite awhile now. And remember that interview with his mother during the WCF, after she was arrested? She insisted on using the Hebrew name for God.

This is true. Look at this Tweet from May:
http://twitter.com/Amareisreal/status/13441328091

He didn't just decide he was Jewish since he got traded.

Kori Ellis
07-29-2010, 03:17 AM
"I don’t really consider myself to be a religious person, but rather a deeply spiritual individual,” Stoudemire told the Post.

“I have been aware since my youth that I am a Hebrew through my mother, and that is something that has played a subtle but important role in my development,” he went on.

“I have never hid my spiritual roots,” he said. “They just weren’t something that came under the spotlight.”

Stoudemire added that he had always channeled his spirituality through the way he played basketball.

“I am proud to be a Hebrew and embrace my Jewish background,” he said Told that his new status might give him more “street cred” in his new home – as New York has the largest Jewish population outside of Israel – Stoudemire laughed deeply and said, “I look forward to that.

This season is going to be great, and bonding with the New York fans is going to be special also.

“I’d like to thank all my fans in Israel and my supporters worldwide,” he added. “I plan on having a great vacation and learning a whole lot as well.”

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=182914

timvp
07-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Amare is crafty.

No generalizationist.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 08:04 AM
God Amare's mom is one fucked up human being if she's a member of the tribe on top of all her issues.

Supergirl
07-29-2010, 08:16 AM
What the hell? Seriously? I mean it's in the Jerusalem Post, not the Onion...wow.

Indazone
07-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes and now I heard he can play for Israel in the Olympics if he wants to.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
He and Omri Caspi will bully deez niggas in 2012.

lefty
07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
That explains the big nose

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Tbh he shoulda revealed this while negotiating an extension with the Suns, Sarver would have surely sprung for a guaranteed 5 year deal if it was for a Jew.

but sarver's cheap and you know amare wasn't going to take less.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
but sarver's cheap and you know amare wasn't going to take less.
You don't know how the Jew works. I'm not really a practicing Jew anymore, but most practicing Jews lack any logic or reasoning when dealing with other Jews. When I lived in a really Jewish area there was a shitty ass pizza place owned by a Jewish family that was overpriced as fuck, yet every Jew went there just because the place was owned by a Jewish family. The coulda bought better pizza at half the price at pizza hut, but most Jews act like the Jewish religion is a fraternity of some sort and you need to stay loyal to Jews in any way possible. My family that lives in Connecticut is liberal as it gets, but they blindly voted for Joe Leiberman over Ned Lamont in the 2008 primary just because he was Jewish even though he basically betrayed the Democratic party. Remember how John McCain had Joe Leiberman campaigning in Miami? It was done because that's how old die hard Jews work, they'll see another Jew camaigning for someone and nothing else will matter.

The point I'm trying to make is, if Sarver acted like your typical Jew, he woulda overpaid Amare had he known Amare was Jewish.

in2deep
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
he probably just heard Jews rule the world

Cane
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Well how long has his twitter account been called AmareIsrael? :downspin:

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Well how long has his twitter account been called AmareIsrael?
Not long at all considering his twitter account was and still is Amareisreal

lol mixing your "e" and "a"

Cane
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Not long at all considering his twitter account was and still is Amareisreal

lol mixing your "e" and "a"

Hah, at least it sounds similar.

lefty
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Tweeting Withney Houston

TheKingOfMIA6
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
lol'd tbh

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
You don't know how the Jew works. I'm not really a practicing Jew anymore, but most practicing Jews lack any logic or reasoning when dealing with other Jews. When I lived in a really Jewish area there was a shitty ass pizza place owned by a Jewish family that was overpriced as fuck, yet every Jew went there just because the place was owned by a Jewish family. The coulda bought better pizza at half the price at pizza hut, but most Jews act like the Jewish religion is a fraternity of some sort and you need to stay loyal to Jews in any way possible. My family that lives in Connecticut is liberal as it gets, but they blindly voted for Joe Leiberman over Ned Lamont in the 2008 primary just because he was Jewish even though he basically betrayed the Democratic party. Remember how John McCain had Joe Leiberman campaigning in Miami? It was done because that's how old die hard Jews work, they'll see another Jew camaigning for someone and nothing else will matter.

The point I'm trying to make is, if Sarver acted like your typical Jew, he woulda overpaid Amare had he known Amare was Jewish.

nah i get it and have witnessed it too.

JJ Hickson
07-29-2010, 01:46 PM
So does this mean he's not the "black Jesus" anymore?

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
So does this mean he's not the "black Jesus" anymore?

I guess this means he killed himself.

Drachen
07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
The New York Knicks just became the most hated team in basketball over at the ol' Gibson house.

lefty
07-29-2010, 02:54 PM
He did it for the jokes

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm not a fan of his, but Amare is doing everything possible to appeal to New York..I give him respect for that, he's really been going hard with his media appearances and the way he's talking about New York..

If he leads the Knicks to the playoffs, which I expect he will, he will be huge here for a while..

Greg Oden
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm not a fan of his, but Amare is doing everything possible to appeal to New York..I give him respect for that, he's really been going hard with his media appearances and the way he's talking about New York..

If he leads the Knicks to the playoffs, which I expect he will, he will be huge here for a while..

tbh, Gallinari will be leading the Knicks to the playoffs.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 03:59 PM

That's what people don't get about him, he really does want to be a winner and he wants to win the approval of the fans of the team he plays for. When he slacks off on defense, he doesn't do it knowing that it's costing his team games, he's just too stupid to know how important playing defense on every possession is.

jag
07-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I lived in a really Jewish area

:lol this just sounded funny.

RoddyBukkake
07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
If he only knew what Jews really think of flat nosed boons

“Those who are incapable of attaining to supreme religious values include the black coloured people and those who resemble them in their climates. Their nature is like the mute animals. Their level among existing things is below that of a man and above that of a monkey.” -Maimonides

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
If he only knew what Jews really think of flat nosed boons

“Those who are incapable of attaining to supreme religious values include the black coloured people and those who resemble them in their climates. Their nature is like the mute animals. Their level among existing things is below that of a man and above that of a monkey.” -Maimonides
This is retarded. We all know about Jesse Jackson's quote referring to New York as "heimy town", but that doesn't mean black people in general hate Jews.

Outside of the fact every Jewish family has the racist grandma who would rather get raped by a golf club coated with barbwire than watch her grandchildren marry black (which can be said about every Mexican, Irish, Italian or Spanish family as well), Jews as a whole don't have any notable history of racism towards black people.

Cane
07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Amar'e = real Bear Jew?

Baseline
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Let a dude embrace his religion. Geez.

Only good can come from a trip to Israel.

Sisk
07-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Only good can come from a trip to Israel.

Unless Hezbollah has other ideas.