PDA

View Full Version : Dirk says he would've strongly considered going to Miami had Lebron/Wade asked.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-28-2010, 11:54 PM
This interview was taken from realgm, and is translated from an interview from a Dutch website(http://crossover-online.de/NBA/Dirk-Nowitzki/Mir-kann-keiner-den-Titel-garantieren_8867.html):

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dirk-32-3.jpg

Question: How did you perceive the hype around James, Bosh and Wade?

That was sheer lunacy. I flew back at the end of June, because I was also a free agent. The hell broke loose. There were updates every 10 or 15 minutes on the internet: Breaking news, he is going there!

Question: Did you follow that on the internet closely?

Well, a bit. But it was also a weird time for me, because I didn't know what I will do. But now I'm happy to stay in Dallas. Obviously I thought about the options I had, but for me staying in Dallas was the right decision. I extended my contract for another 4 years, and I still hope that our dream comes true - the championship. We were close in 2006, but obviously not in the last couple of years. But I think we can make something happen within the next 4 years to be back at the top.

But it is lunacy what Miami did. With James, Bosh and Wade all on one team. You have to congratulate Miami for them being able to have that much capspace to pull that off. That was a really good job. They went from being a normal playoff team to a contender over night.

Question: Did you get concrete offers? What teams?

Yes, I mean I wanted to stay in Dallas. There were different offers, but I don't want to talk about that in detail. It would have to be an incredible situation, for example going somewhere with LeBron or playing with Wade in Miami. But even then I would have had to think a lot about that whether I really want to leave Dallas, because I really feel comfortable in Dallas. Everything fits in Dallas for me. Therefore it was the right decision to stay. There weren't any super options and I feel good about my decision to stay for the next 4 years in Dallas.

Question: How about other teams? The Chicago Bulls could have used a PF like you? Or the Nets? Did you consider those teams?

It wouldn't have made any sense to join a team which only has 3 or 4 players under contract and I would have had the same situation as in Dallas. Only to go to Chicago to be in the same situation like in Dallas, would have made no sense to me. Given that I much rather stayed in Dallas.

For me to consider leaving Dallas the situation offered must have been incredible. If, for example, James and Wade would have called me: "Hey, do you want to come to Miami". That would have been a situation I had hard to think about (I would have considered strongly). But I don't need to go to another team just for changing the team. The situation in Dallas is still very good, and nothing unbelievable came up. The problem is that no one is able to guarantee me a championship.

Thoughts?

JamStone
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
He's being honest. Good for him. Nothing wrong with "considering" something like that. Duncan "considered" Orlando. Kobe "considered" demanding a trade. Only thing that matters is what Dirk ended up doing. He stayed.

TinTin
07-29-2010, 12:31 AM
The problem is that no one is able to guarantee me a championship.

That's pretty painful to hear

oh crap
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
lol @ the hooded photo. that dude has street cred!

Fabbs
07-29-2010, 01:21 AM
He's being honest. Good for him. Nothing wrong with "considering" something like that. Duncan "considered" Orlando. Kobe "considered" demanding a trade. Only thing that matters is what Dirk ended up doing. He stayed.
Was honest up until here:
If, for example, James and Wade would have called me: "Hey, do you want to come to Miami". That would have been a situation I had hard to think about (I would have considered strongly).

He would have immediately bailed Dallas to play with James and Wade in Miami.

badfish22
07-29-2010, 01:23 AM
He would have immediately bailed Dallas to play with James and Wade in Miami.

link?

J.J.Barea
07-29-2010, 01:27 AM
BS.
Dirk would never want to leave a team being coached & lead by masterminds like Rick and myself.

btw:
This is obviously a german website (not dutch)... .

Epic Fail
07-29-2010, 01:30 AM
BS.
Dirk would never want to leave a team being coached & lead by masterminds like Rick and myself.

btw:

sup man, you called?

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 01:30 AM
BS.

btw:

sup ____?

Dunc n Dave
07-29-2010, 01:31 AM
link?

not needed, he'd have to be a certified idiot to pass up the chance to play alongside Wade & Lebron.

Dirk/Wade/Lebron > Bosh/Wade Lebron

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 01:35 AM
That sucks..I would have preferred that we got Dirk instead, but if King is good friends with Bosh, then I have to respect that..

Greg Oden
07-29-2010, 01:37 AM
not needed, he'd have to be a certified idiot an idiot to pass up the chance to play alongside Wade & Lebron.

Dirk/Wade/Lebron >>>>>>>> Bosh/Wade Lebron

fixed, tbh. That team would have a legit shot at the 96 Bull's record.

HeatBurn305
07-29-2010, 01:42 AM

We saw what happened last time he was in Miami.

0 & Forever!

milkshakeballa
07-29-2010, 01:56 AM
That sucks..I would have preferred that we got Dirk instead, but if King is good friends with Bosh, then I have to respect that..

lulz

balldontlie
07-29-2010, 01:57 AM
whats the link to the interview on real gm?

tdunk21
07-29-2010, 02:00 AM
lmao dirk

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 02:08 AM
copy & paste!
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/48823/t/Dirk---strongly-considered-joining-LeBron--D-Wade--Miami.html

BUMP
07-29-2010, 02:11 AM

doubtful. They would still have a gaping hole on defense as wide as koriwhat's vagina

badfish22
07-29-2010, 02:16 AM
copy & paste!
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/48823/t/Dirk---strongly-considered-joining-LeBron--D-Wade--Miami.html
MavDynasty just being the DB poster hes supposed to be

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 02:18 AM
scrah do you think im balldontlie?

badfish22
07-29-2010, 02:19 AM
scrah do you think im balldontlie?

no i dropped that

but :lol at bdl getting regulated by Big D Bam Bam

balldontlie
07-29-2010, 02:23 AM
no i dropped that

but :lol at bdl getting regulated by Big D Bam Bam

i was going to help try to get you back to db.com.....but i think you may fit in better here tbh :flag:

Greg Oden
doubtful. They would still have a gaping hole on defense as wide as koriwhat's and Tony Romo's vagina

tbh, the offensive firepower alone would give them a shot, tbh.

Greg Oden
crofl db.com. what a shit site.

badfish22
07-29-2010, 02:25 AM
i was going to help try to get you back to db.com.....but i think you may fit in better here tbh :flag:
your still my nigga bdl, but i can never turn away from a good old fashioned regulating. That topic did have like 500 threads on DB.

And I dont know if I will ever be allowed back on DB.

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 02:27 AM
tbh that thread limiting your sig and avatar sizes :lmao

badfish22
07-29-2010, 02:28 AM
that firestarter troll was the funniest troll DB has had in a while :lmao
Defintley not the most successful, thats balkis, but it was fucking hilarious

Amuseddaysleeper
07-29-2010, 02:30 AM
True

balldontlie
07-29-2010, 02:30 AM
your still my nigga bdl, but i can never turn away from a good old fashioned regulating. That topic did have like 500 threads on DB.

And I dont know if I will ever be allowed back on DB.

i never saw them, i even searched back a little back. i'm not on all the time just late at night. :wakeup

i wonder why it's just now getting to spurstalk then

balldontlie
07-29-2010, 02:33 AM
that firestarter troll was the funniest troll DB has had in a while :lmao
Defintley not the most successful, thats balkis, but it was fucking hilarious

ikr and they still haven't caught on to it :lol

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 02:37 AM
he'd definitely be closer to a championship than a ship that's sinking if he went to miami. poor dirk.

Greg Oden
07-29-2010, 02:41 AM
he'd definitely be closer to a championship than a ship that's sinking if he went to miami. poor dirk.

sup joey

badfish22
07-29-2010, 02:42 AM
he'd definitely be closer to a championship than a ship that's sinking if he went to miami.

sup lefty with calf tats

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 02:46 AM
sup joey mann

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 02:50 AM
haha

07-29-2010, 02:56 AM
if dirk had gone to miami instead of bosh, then the nba might as well just skip to the lockout year and give the heat the championship trophy.

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 02:56 AM
koriwhat i found ur place. im thinkin of driving down tomorrow. read your PM's

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 03:16 AM
if dirk had gone to miami instead of bosh, then the nba might as well just skip to the lockout year and give the heat the championship trophy.

yeah, i believe dirk could help miami more so than bosh. as much as it pains me to say, dirk is a great player.

BUMP
07-29-2010, 03:21 AM
yeah, i believe dirk could help miami more so than bosh. as much as it pains me to say, dirk is a great player.

am i dreaming? :wow

timvp
07-29-2010, 03:22 AM
LeBron, Wade and Dirk = Game Over.

That said, Dirk going to Miami to join Wade would have been 2342343,23414123,1231231,231231 times worse than what LeBron did.

badfish22
07-29-2010, 03:22 AM
ikr and they still haven't caught on to it :lol

tbh they're probably thinking about making it a mod.

eisfeld
07-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Great interview and there are a lot more interesting questions he answered. I'll just give you the gist of it:

He rejected to play in the WC because that's what he and the Mavs negotiated.
---
He said that they are currently testing if Roddy can play the PG position. He's very confident in him because of what he did within his limited role. But he stated too, that Roddy had his best games when he was playing with Kidd on the floor.
---
When asked which player he would chose if he can pick one, regardless of the contract situation, to play with him in Dallas: LeBron - Kobe is still the best player in the world for him but they are the same age, have played 14 seasons and therefore he'd chose the younger one who is about to enter his prime.
---
Regarding MJ's and Magic's and Bird's comments on the Miami superfriends:
He understands why they said what they said. In their days it was possible to win the title with one superstar. Now the league is so deep and there's a lot of talented players, so you need at least 2 superstars. And that's why he's congratulating Miami for what they pulled off.

DAF86
07-29-2010, 07:58 AM

Kobe demanded a trade.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 09:34 AM

wait, are you a Spurs fan or a Heat fan?

Findog
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
You can't pass up the opportunity to win 50+ every year and lose in the first round.

Hey-ooo! I'll be here all week folks.

TDMVPDPOY
07-29-2010, 09:57 AM
shouldve went to miami where the chick are at, instead of that thing he was mounting

Shank
07-29-2010, 10:10 AM
shouldve went to miami where the chick are at, instead of that thing he was mounting

Currently, he's doing just fine in that department.

Fine, I'll be the first to say it - Dirk wasn't considered because he's white.

Findog
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Currently, he's doing just fine in that department.

Fine, I'll be the first to say it - Dirk wasn't considered because he's white.

And he's also six years older than Bosh, and he didn't get to make out with Bron and Wade and pitch tents inside sleeping blankets in Beijing in 2008.

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
wait, are you a Spurs fan or a Heat fan?

:lol I was playing to the gimmick that I'm supposedly a Heat fan..

timvp
07-29-2010, 10:37 AM
I didn't know Mike Miller was light skinned.

LakaLuvaMentalAsylum
07-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I didn't know Mike Miller was light skinned.

Ah, yes. We call this the LakaLuva conundrum in our Asylum. It is when an individual tries to portray himself as another colored skin. It originated with LakaLuva when he tried to portray himself as a high flying thriving young negro all-state basketball player, only to be found as a young brown paki who fails at calculus. This conundrum works for Mike Miller as well. Portraying the black man when he is indeed a white man.

Best,

LakaLuvaMentalAsylum

lefty
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM
The problem is that Lebron and Wade never asked

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
^no shit?

lefty
07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
^no shit?
:lol

anonoftheinternets
07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
:lol I was playing to the gimmick that I'm supposedly a Heat fan..

lol indirection .. but still pretty good ...

in2deep
07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
why am I not surprised?

when you can't beat them, join them