PDA

View Full Version : The 08-10 Lakers are the second greatest team in NBA history

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Only behind the '87 Lakers.

Now I know what's going through your simple minds right now: "But the '96 Bulls won 72 games and had the GOAT on their team." Knowing what you people are going to say before you even say it just shows how predictable you all are as basketball fans.

Jordan, the so-called "GOAT," and his Bulls did their damage in a league watered down by expansion. You know when a Shawn Kemp led team can win 64 games, the era sucks.

And I don't even want to talk about the '86 Celtics. They played the freakin' Rockets in the Finals. :lol

Oh, and Spurs fan, don't even enter this thread. This is for the big boy teams and Franchises that know how to repeat :bking

Now the 08-10 Lakers, led by the Mamba and the great Andrew Bynum, have faced nothing but stiff competition from the start. When Kobe Bryant won his first title post-Shaq, he had to go through a gauntlet of teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, and Magic. Just look at the talent assembled on those teams. Carlos Boozer, today's equivalent of Karl Malone with more range. Deron Williams, the best point guard since Magic. Carmelo Anthony. Clutch as they come. Aaron Brooks. Great, great player. Dwight Howard. Monster of a center, best since Shaq. Jordan, nor Bird, never beat a combination of teams that featured such depth and dynamism. Only Magic has gone through tougher.

And then, Kobe does it the very next year! (Oh Spurs fans, how sweet that repeat tastes). First round, he saw Kevin Durant, who was supported by future Hall of Famer Russell Westbrook and a monster, all-star quality front line in Jeff Green, Nick Collison, and Serge Ibaka! Then, after disposing of the greatest young team in history, the Mamba turned his fangs on that great Boozer/Williams led Jazz team and sunk them in deep. Jordan's Bulls would need at least 6 games to beat the '10 Jazz and Kobe did it in 4. Next up is the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time, and Kobe handles them with ease. Now we get to the real test, the Boston Celtics.

Easily the greatest runner-up in Finals history. This 50 win Celtics team led by a trio of great players all in their mid-30s would be a multiple title winner in any other era that didn't feature the great, transcendent, and golden dicked Kobe Bryant. And yes, Kobe needed 7 games, but that just confirms how good this team is. Taking Kobe Bryant to 7 games is ostensibly winning a title in itself.

There you have it. It's not even debatable. I also think this shows why Kobe just might be the greatest player of all time. The level of competition he beat during the past two years has been undeniably great.

lebomb
07-29-2010, 10:05 AM
LMAO............they are not even the best of the 2000's. :rolleyes

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 10:07 AM
^I smell skunk.

JamStone
07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
2010-18 Miami Heat is the best team ever!!!!

Ashy Larry
07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
dont forget the Randy Pfund led Lakers ..... I'd stack them up with anyone

Bito Corleone
07-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Nope

DazedAndConfused
07-29-2010, 11:18 AM
This guy and that Dr. House troll are the worst on this forum

Bito Corleone
07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Now the 08-10 Lakers, led by the Mamba and the great Andrew Bynum, have faced nothing but stiff competition from the start. When Kobe Bryant won his first title post-Shaq, he had to go through a gauntlet of teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, and Magic. Just look at the talent assembled on those teams. Carlos Boozer, today's equivalent of Karl Malone with more range. Deron Williams, the best point guard since Magic. Carmelo Anthony. Clutch as they come. Aaron Brooks. Great, great player. Dwight Howard. Monster of a center, best since Shaq. Jordan, nor Bird, never beat a combination of teams that featured such depth and dynamism. Only Magic has gone through tougher.

And then, Kobe does it the very next year! (Oh Spurs fans, how sweet that repeat tastes). First round, he saw Kevin Durant, who was supported by future Hall of Famer Russell Westbrook and a monster, all-star quality front line in Jeff Green, Nick Collison, and Serge Ibaka! Then, after disposing of the greatest young team in history, the Mamba turned his fangs on that great Boozer/Williams led Jazz team and sunk them in deep. Jordan's Bulls would need at least 6 games to beat the '10 Jazz and Kobe did it in 4. Next up is the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time, and Kobe handles them with ease. Now we get to the real test, the Boston Celtics.
:bang
Do you actually believe these things?

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
:bang
Are you being sarcastic, or do you actually believe these things?

Serious as a heart attack.

Kobe's repeated in the strongest era the NBA's ever seen. While Duncan couldn't even get one back-to-back in its weakest era :lol

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 11:32 AM

I'm saying nothing that you and our mutual butt buddy 21_Blessings hasn't said before.

What exactly is your problem with my post?

eisfeld
07-29-2010, 11:33 AM
The level of competition he beat during the past two years has been undeniably great.

:lmao

Dr House
07-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Dickings my man what's going on?

I agree with you that this Lakers team went through the toughest competition of all time, but if you were to ask who the best team in NBA history is, it's clearly a 16 way tie between all the Laker teams.

How do fans of other teams even sleep at this point. All 16 years we won, Stern conspired against us yet we STILL were managed to pull it off.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Things for SpurFan have just hit a new low now that Kobe has clearly eclipsed that scrub Duncan. Heck, you surround Brad Miller with the talent Duncan had and he still wins 4 titles.
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

BUMP
07-29-2010, 11:52 AM

sup real DrHouse

lefty
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Some retarded Laker fan thinks the 08-10 Lakers are better than other teams that have 3-peated?

http://ridingabuttertub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/roflcopter.gif

Veterinarian
^I smell skunk.

That's probably the Phillipino boy you crammed under the floor boards.

I'm saying nothing that you and our mutual butt buddy 21_Blessings hasn't said before.

What exactly is your problem with my post?

This is true, Dickings is not even the most arrogant full of shit Laker fan on this site. He's unbiased compared to some of the posters here.

TheKingOfMIA6
level of stupidity on this board just gotten higher a level

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Dickings my man what's going on?

I agree with you that this Lakers team went through the toughest competition of all time, but if you were to ask who the best team in NBA history is, it's clearly a 16 way tie between all the Laker teams.

How do fans of other teams even sleep at this point. All 16 years we won, Stern conspired against us yet we STILL were managed to pull it off.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Things for SpurFan have just hit a new low now that Kobe has clearly eclipsed that scrub Duncan. Heck, you surround Brad Miller with the talent Duncan had and he still wins 4 titles.
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Yeah, brother. Good to see you! Can't wait till your next party. I can't get Lakaluva's sexy, hairy brown ass out of my mind. I've masturbated to that vision nonstop for the past week.

Anyhow, a 16 way tie between all Lakers teams for best team ever certainly can be argued. But if someone put a gun to my head, or made me insert my penis into a vagina, and forced me to choose, I'd have to say the most recent Lakers. Why? Because they have the wonderful, Godly, flawless, Kobe Bryant. I would eat the man's shit because it would no doubt taste like the finest creme brulee that can be made.

Anyhow, we going 73-9 this and 3 peating. And there's nothing those fags in Miami, or disgruntled Spurfan can do about it.:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

lefty
07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Laker fans = stupidity

ambchang
07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
OP is right.

Not too many teams can manage to shoot 21 FTs in the 4th quarter of a Game 7 of the finals.

lefty
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
op is right.

Not too many teams can manage to shoot 21 fts in the 4th quarter of a game 7 of the finals.

thread

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM
OP is right.

Not too many teams can manage to shoot 21 FTs in the 4th quarter of a Game 7 of the finals.

& I smelled skunk that entire 4th quarter.

tee, hee.

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
& I smelled skunk that entire 4th quarter.

tee, hee.

Culburn, don't you think I'm a good Lakerfan? Don't I represent our arrogance, delusion, stupidity, and entitlement perfectly?

Can't believe Dazed and Confused called me "one of the worst."

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Culburn, don't you think I'm a good Lakerfan? Don't I represent our arrogance, delusion, stupidity, and entitlement perfectly?

Can't believe Dazed and Confused called me "one of the worst."

I think we left the Celtics where we found 'em=in Los Angeles.

Let us proceed...

HeatBurn305
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I think we left the Celtics where we found 'em=in Los Angeles.

Let us proceed...

Cubby, what happened to you guys in 08. Thought you had the title, then *poof*

tee, hee

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Cubby, what happened to you guys in 08. Thought you had the title, then *poof*

tee, hee

We got our ass handed to us for close order inspection. At 24 up in the 3rd quarter of Game 4, down 2-1 we fled the side door.

But, like Magic Johnson after the disaster of The Finals/'84, once again with jacks & timbers we started back down. Sure, he went 6-24, but, afore that he stuck it to assorted asses 6 times in the first 82 so that when it came time to walk OR to fuck, we was ta home, and we left the Celtics where we found 'em=in Los Angeles.

jejejeje!!!

Cry Havoc
07-29-2010, 01:11 PM
6/10. Not a horrible troll.

Don Ready
07-29-2010, 04:14 PM

Bring your troll TheHeatIsOn and I'm sure you could raise it a bit.

Spursfan092120
07-29-2010, 04:17 PM
6/10. Not a horrible troll.
I was gonna go with 5/10...but 6 works too, I guess.

Venti Quattro
07-30-2010, 12:51 AM
4/10

TheManFromAcme
07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
LMAO............they are not even the best of the 2000's. :rolleyes

Hmmmmm lets see 2000-2010 = 10 years "a decade" ......Fact 1

Lakers win it in 00,01,02,09,10 totaling 5 thus dominating the decade..... Fact 2

You fail........ Fact 3