PDA

View Full Version : Are these the gayest commercials ever?

monosylab1k
07-29-2010, 09:17 AM
sWS0GVOQPs0

TVicCD8FmMs

uEpBYKOs3ys

monosylab1k
07-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I got nothing against what someone else does in their own bedroom. Do what you like. But don't get ultra sensitive over innocuous comments like "that's gay" and try to make that sound like it's as offensive as the n-word.

and tbh the original meaning of "gay" was stolen anyways, don't get pissed off that it's being stolen again.

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Political Correctness is gay.

RichardSimmons
07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
I've seen better.

Mark in Austin
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
The best gay awareness bit I've ever seen was the card game at the beginning of one of the first episodes of Louie on FX. Managed to educate on the origins of the term 'faggot' without being preachy - was actually pretty funny.

But I doubt I'll ever be using the word again.

redzero
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
If they aren't the gayest commercials, they certainly tried to be.

Trainwreck2100
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
8C8MlhGNV3c

gayest commercial going

Jacob1983
07-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Wanda Sykes shouldn't have been picked for those commercials. Pretty sure she has said the n-word and bitch during her comedy routines. Hypocrite.

Hilary Duff needs to make a good movie or be on a good tv show before she can start doing this shit.

koriwhat
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
raise the bar mono... you're a homophobe! wait isn't that your line to me all the time? who's wearing the shoe on the other foot now bitch?!

Greg Oden
07-29-2010, 01:06 PM
:lmao

The Reckoning
07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
yeah i said that one time and a guy i know with a gay roommate went off on me. funny thing is the gay dude didnt give a damn. pretty soon "gay" will be the new N word.

id be really offended if people walked around saying thats so hetero. :rolleyes

gmafb, only people who use political correctness to say "look at me!" and people who are insecure with their sexuality care.

LnGrrrR
07-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I use the word "gay" all the time. Gay people need to chill out on that. There's an obvious difference between using the word to describe something as opposed to someone.

marini martini
07-29-2010, 02:33 PM
tHIS SHIT'S RETARDED.

Bobby Junk
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I use the word "gay" all the time. Gay people need to chill out on that. There's an obvious difference between using the word to describe something as opposed to someone.

It is still implying that there is something wrong with it you idiot. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Why not just say "that is so wrong"? Why does it have to be gay?

Bobby Junk
07-29-2010, 02:35 PM
tHIS SHIT'S RETARDED.

That's another saying that I think it totally ridiculous. :rolleyes

Kermit
07-29-2010, 02:51 PM
That's retardedly gay.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Your avatar is some gay shit.

lefty
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Inception sucks

DarkReign
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Your avatar is some gay shit.

Purple-headed monster gay.

Oh, Gee!!
07-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I think these commercials would prefer to be called homosexual

DAF86
07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I got nothing against what someone else does in their own bedroom. Do what you like. But don't get ultra sensitive over innocuous comments like "that's gay" and try to make that sound like it's as offensive as the n-word.

and tbh the original meaning of "gay" was stolen anyways, don't get pissed off that it's being stolen again.

I don't know the history of the "N" word in the States but IMO no word in itself should be considered offensive.

And I agree, gay people should learn to laugh about themselves. People make fun of fat, skinny, old, tall, short, women, men, etc. why won't we be able to make fun of gays?

LoneStarState'sPride
07-29-2010, 03:50 PM
that's retardedly gay.

+5

Tod Pricket
07-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Can we be friends?:)

David Bowie
07-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I'd be pretty offended if people went around saying "That's so Jew!" or "That's so ######!" about things they were displeased about. If I were gay, I would definatly take an offense to somebody saying "that's so gay!"

Trainwreck2100
07-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd be pretty offended if people went around saying "That's so Jew!" or "That's so ######!" about things they were displeased about. If I were gay, I would definatly take an offense to somebody saying "that's so gay!"

who here hasn't gotten jewed before?

Blue Jew
07-29-2010, 04:33 PM
who here hasn't gotten jewed before?

Well, jew haven't been laid and not getting laid is so gay.

rr2418
07-29-2010, 05:42 PM
It is still implying that there is something wrong with it you idiot. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Why not just say "that is so wrong"? Why does it have to be gay?

Sure there is something wrong with gay! You like to suck cock instead of eating pussy!

CuckingFunt
07-30-2010, 12:26 AM

I would say it's equally obvious to see why using a particular identity as a catchall term to describe anything and anyone deserving of ridicule would be seen as problematic. If a particular state of being -- gay, lame, crazy, retarded, dumb, etc. -- is considered undesirable enough to act as an insult, how can that possibly be seen as not insulting that state of being?

For the record, I think that "that's so gay" has become so ubiquitous a phrase that most people don't use it with the specific intention of insulting homosexuality or gay people. I think it is far more often used out of ignorance/misunderstanding/habit than out of malice. However, that doesn't change the origin of the phrase or make it any less of an insult.

monosylab1k
07-30-2010, 12:36 AM
the origin of the word "gay" has nothing to do with homosexuals.

CuckingFunt
07-30-2010, 12:44 AM
the origin of the word "gay" has nothing to do with homosexuals.

Neither does it have anything to do with the "that's so gay" use. The origin of the n-word has nothing to do with black people, but the phrase "###### rich" is about a whole lot more than being ignorant.

Just as it would be foolish to discount the fact that "that's so gay" has become a part of the cultural lexicon, it would be foolish to discount the fact that when gay became a stand-in for dumb (etc.) it was already well established as referring to homosexuality. If "gay" still just meant carefree and happy, the current phrase never would have been started.

Thompson
07-30-2010, 12:56 AM
how can that possibly be seen as not insulting that state of being?

For the record, I think that "that's so gay" has become so ubiquitous a phrase that most people don't use it with the specific intention of insulting homosexuality or gay people. I think it is far more often used out of ignorance/misunderstanding/habit than out of malice. However, that doesn't change the origin of the phrase or make it any less of an insult.

So you're saying if something is insulting to someone else you shouldn't use it?

Jacob1983
07-30-2010, 02:19 AM
If "that's gay" should be banned, then what about "my bad"? Gay originally meant happy and didn't fag use to mean cigs or a bundle of sticks? Is it possible to say that homosexuals are guilty of word theft?

Kai
07-30-2010, 02:59 AM
SBuKuA9nHsw

Jacob1983
07-30-2010, 03:14 AM
McDonalds could care less if you're gay or straight. They just want you to buy their food. Does France really pay straight people to have babies because they have so many gay couples there? Someone told me that they do.

CubanSucks
07-30-2010, 05:01 AM
SBuKuA9nHsw

:vomit::rolleyes x100000000

CubanSucks
07-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Neither does it have anything to do with the "that's so gay" use. The origin of the n-word has nothing to do with black people, but the phrase "###### rich" is about a whole lot more than being ignorant.

Just as it would be foolish to discount the fact that "that's so gay" has become a part of the cultural lexicon, it would be foolish to discount the fact that when gay became a stand-in for dumb (etc.) it was already well established as referring to homosexuality. If "gay" still just meant carefree and happy, the current phrase never would have been started.

Ugh, that's the gayest shit so far. Go shove it up your ass you bleeding heart faggot

CubanSucks
07-30-2010, 05:03 AM
I wish this guy would come out of retirement and reply to these ads.

0dJu1Jj7VTw&feature

:lmao fucking amazing. Thank you

Stringer_Bell
07-30-2010, 05:29 AM
At the end of the day, people offended by words (either through eavesdropping on other people's conversations or hearing it in a public space where they can remove themselves if they're really upset) allow themselves to be offended.

Bu I can sympathize with people that might cringe and feel taken aback if instead of someone saying "my parents are being gay about me driving the car" they said "my parents are taking it up the ass about me driving the car"...since obviously that's an inescapable insult toward homosexuals that, contrary to most heterosexuals that find the thought of anal sex unpleasant, is their main form of sexual gratification. Their pleasure is another person's pain.

I don't consider the word "faggot" as a gay slur. It's reserved for those that lack testicular fortitude. A man can be gay, and be more of a man than a heterosexual man. However, both the gay and heterosexual males can be faggots...but never women. It's more of a sexist slur than anything.

Ignignokt
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I would say it's equally obvious to see why using a particular identity as a catchall term to describe anything and anyone deserving of ridicule would be seen as problematic. If a particular state of being -- gay, lame, crazy, retarded, dumb, etc. -- is considered undesirable enough to act as an insult, how can that possibly be seen as not insulting that state of being?

That's so queer.

Old term.. should we bring it back?

Leetonidas
07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
How about you pussydicks being offended by words shut the fuck up and stop being a little bitch and caring about what some other fucker says. The only people who make a big deal about this shit are the little pussies that got picked on in high school. EVERYONE gets made fun of, whether it be because you're fat, short, a different race, ugly, gay, whatever. Get the fuck over it.

CubanSucks
07-30-2010, 03:16 PM
How about you pussydicks being offended by words shut the fuck up and stop being a little bitch and caring about what some other fucker says. The only people who make a big deal about this shit are the little pussies that got picked on in high school. EVERYONE gets made fun of, whether it be because you're fat, short, a different race, ugly, gay, whatever. Get the fuck over it.

*prediction*

"Wow, that's just the kind of reply I'd expect from an ignorant homophobe."