PDA

View Full Version : IUPUI recruit loses battle with cancer

Samr
07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
For a team that has only 1 NCAA Tournament appearance in program history, the IUPUI Jaguars thought they finally had a star in the making in top tier recruit Steven Jamison, who could help make them perennial Summit League contenders and earn some national respect for their hoops program. But unfortunately for Jamison’s family and the university, the promising recruit passed away this week, after losing a rather sudden and swift moving battle with rectal cancer.

Link to the rest of the article (http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2010/07/top-recruit-loses-battle-with-cancer-before-playing-division-i-hoops/)

This guy went to the same high school as George Hill, and albeit possessing a much different skill set, was on a career path to be the next star at IUPUI.

George Hill put that college on the basketball map, and let's just hope that this tragedy doesn't take it off.

(This dude was roughly the same age as me when I fought a similar battle with an undiagnosed brain tumor, so let me make this straight -- as rough as it is for the kid, it's 10x worse for his family and friends. When I have time later this afternoon I'll attempt to e-mail either that kid's high school or IUPUI my condolences. I highly recommend, personally, that you do the same. Spurs fans are classy, and whether this dude became a professional or not, there's still enough of a connection that we ought to show some respect. Just a guess, but I think it may mean something to Jamison's family.)

20beastie45
07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Sad story....My email is on the way to IUPUI...

RIP Steven Jamison

Leonard Curse
07-29-2010, 03:06 PM
really sad man im sorry to hear that from IUPUI and yourself im glad youre doing better my friend

lefty
07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, very sad indeed

May he R.I.P