PDA

View Full Version : Eddie House agrees to terms with Miami Heat, 2 yr deal

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

After completing the greatest free-agent coup in NBA history, Miami Heat president Pat Riley continues to surround Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with strong complementary talent.

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

Miami beat out the Chicago Bulls to get House. With a history of clutch shooting that includes multiple big games with the Boston Celtics over the past three years, House will help support Miami’s starry core off the bench.

He also will give the Heat a well-regarded three-point shooter, with 749 treys made in his career at a nearly 40 percent conversion rate.

House played his first three NBA seasons (2000-03) with the Heat before joining eight teams over the next seven years. After playing nearly three seasons for the Celtics, House was traded to the New York Knicks as part of a package for Nate Robinson(notes) during the 2009-10 campaign.

The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.

Kobe Molested Me
07-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Well fuck.

Darrin
07-29-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/radmanovic_254_011106.jpg

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
exactly what we needed

a 3 pt shooter at the PG position.

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Frankily, the first decent signage you've had since that Thursday nite.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller say otherwise

This HEAT team has a great shot to beat 72-10.

I will even go so far as to say, they have a shot at 82-0, IF THEY TAKE EVERY SINGLE GAME SERIOUSLY.

That takes Jordan-like competitive focus.... do they have it?

21_Dickings
07-29-2010, 11:42 AM

I will even go so far as to say, they have a shot at 82-0, IF THEY TAKE EVERY SINGLE GAME SERIOUSLY.

Nuh uh. Lakers got that 73-9 on lock this year. We got Blake, Barnes, Bob Eubanks, Character, Gasol, Ron-Ron, Odom, Fish, a healthy Baby Drew, and the GOAT.

What you got besides three pretenders and a bunch of scrubs?

Muser
07-29-2010, 11:45 AM

rofl

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Perhaps Haslem, but, Miller is going to make you sorry.

Veterinarian
07-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Jesus Christ.

Double-Up
07-29-2010, 11:54 AM

That's not happening fool.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Wade, Bosh, and LeBron in their primes.

It's going to happen.

lefty
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
R.I.P Lakers

TheKingOfMIA6
Wow thats a really decent pick up

Muser
:lmao :lmao :lmao thinking they can go 82-0

lefty
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
They will eventually lose 1 game to the Nets

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM

I said, if they try hard every single night, for every single game, and have a Jordan-like competitive focus

then yes, they can go 82-0.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
All the average to below average teams are going to lose by double digits or even blown out. There will be no "Kings defeat Heat, 103-101" games where the star player had an off-night and the opposing team just got hot.

This team, even if you subtract Wade or LeBron, is better than those teams.

PG- House, Arroyo, Chalmers
SG - Miller
SF - LeBron, James Jones
PF - Bosh, Haslem, Howard
C - Big Z, Anthony, Magloire, Pittman

these teams are ALREADY better than most of the league. LeBron's never played with a player of Bosh's caliber.

Same thing with + Wade, and - LeBron.

but all 3 of them + this supporting cast off the bench?

82-0 is a very real possibility IF THEY NEVER GIVE UP A SINGLE GAME.

They have to come to every game with Jordan's desire to destroy you.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Jordan like competitive focus doesn't go 3-14 in a pivotal game 5.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I said, if they try hard every single night, for every single game, and have a Jordan-like competitive focus

Let them play 10 games first atleast and then predict. okay?

Cane
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
82-0 is only a possibility if you're a dumbass. The regular season scheduling is too demanding, these guys have never played on the same NBA team before, and they'll probably start resting their players once they get an unsurmountable lead in the wins column if all they're concerned about is winning championships than records.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM

You have a point about it, yup. but I think this is a new start, it will re-fuel spirits and bring a new competitive desire to them.

but as I said, they got a shot if they go out there and get the right attitude and do things correctly.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
82-0 is only a possibility if you're a dumbass. The regular season scheduling is too demanding, these guys have never played on the same NBA team before, and they'll probably start resting their players once they get an unsurmountable lead in the wins column if all they're concerned about is winning championships than records.

You're talking about this year, though.

No one says it has to happen this season, it could the year after next, in 2011-2012.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
You have a point about it, yup. but I think this is a new start, it will re-fuel spirits and bring a new competitive desire to them.

but as I said, they got a shot if they go out there and get the right attitude and do things correctly.
Given how Lebron and Bosh have approached their NBA careers so far, it's far from a sure thing they'll have the right attitude.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Given how Lebron and Bosh have approached their NBA careers so far, it's far from a sure thing they'll have the right attitude.

can't disagree with you

I'm just saying they have a shot IF they take the right attitude.

i'm not saying it's going to happen. i was just saying they can do it if they take the right attitude and focus.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I think this team is gonna come out and try to score 120 points per game and try to be a fast break showtime team, when they should focus on playing lockdown D and being a halfcourt oriented team. Just my prediction. IMO it's gonna take losing in the playoffs 1-2 times for Lebron and Bosh to learn what type of team the Heat need to be. Once that happens, they might become a giant dynasty and win 4-5 straight titles, but Lebron and Bosh aren't mature enough yet.

Zelophehad
82-0

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Zelophehad
How long till Heat says "I was just trolling you guys".

Cane
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM

No one says it has to happen this season, it could the year after next, in 2011-2012.

One of my points was talking about this year, yes. The others are true for any championship caliber team, any year.

82-0 is Chris Richards kind of stupid.

Red Hawk #21
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM

You know, at first I actually thought you were joking when you first started bringing up 82 win ecstasy, but now I see that you're really serious. The league is full of guys who are hard workers, and have great pride. There's no way those guys will let it happen. If you think those inferior teams are just gunna bow out because they're playing the heat you're mistaken. Everyone is going to be going all out when they play the heat. 82 win ecstasy? Get ready for a rude awakening, sir...

Zelophehad
07-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Honestly though, House should be the back up pg with this roster of perimeter ball handlers. Arroyo has no three point shot and doesn't space the floor at all.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Look at you guys........ letting your hatred of the Heat ruin your reading comprehension

I never predicted 82-0.

This is what I said :

"they have a shot"

"IF they take every single game seriously"

"do they have the focus?"

Doesn't sound like I'm predicting anything, retards.

Zelophehad
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
They have zero chance of going 82-0 no matter how focused they are.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
They have zero chance of going 82-0 no matter how focused they are.

Now that's just dumb.

You really think the average and below average teams can defeat the Heat if the Heat are not slacking off?

Usually when the elite teams lose to shitty/average teams, it was an off-night, they were tired, other team got hot and they couldn't match it....

but this Heat team is YOUNG. LeBron is 25!

if one of them has an off-night, look at the firepower still left on the team!

72-10 is a real possibility.

82-0 is a lesser possibility, but it could happen if the Heat click and stay hungry with a competitive focus.

MiamiHeatFan
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM

I think it happens this year.

LakaLuvaMentalAsylum
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Now that's just dumb.

You really think the average and below average teams can defeat the Heat if the Heat are not slacking off?

Greetings.

Have you heard of our establishment? If you have time, I would like to arrange an appointment with you.

Best,

LakaLuvaMentalAsylum

Latarian Milton
07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Now that's just dumb.

I wanna do hood rat stuff with my friends

MiamiHeatFan
07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
The haters come out in droves...

Where were you all BEFORE this offseason? :rolleyes

Booharv
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
This 82-0 guy is BUMP's best troll ever.

PT Cruiser
07-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Now that's just dumb.

Usually when the elite teams lose to shitty/average teams, it was an off-night, they were tired, other team got hot and they couldn't match it....

if one of them has an off-night, look at the firepower still left on the team!

72-10 is a real possibility.

82-0 is a lesser possibility, but it could happen if the Heat click and stay hungry with a competitive focus.

YEAH BOY! MiamiHeat speak da troof! Once the heat go 82-0 we're gonna go cruising and pick of some fine Cuban hoes who can't resist the sexy PT cruiser!

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
This 82-0 guy is BUMP's best troll ever.

wait, are you talking about the "MiamiHeatFan"

or me? lol now i'm a BUMP troll? :lol:lol

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Miami isn't beating that 72-10 record. Hell they won't even win 70 games. 65-68 AT BEST is more like it. It is a long season and going all out in the regular season to try to break that record is a major risk.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
YEAH BOY! MiamiHeat speak da troof! Once the heat go 82-0 we're gonna go cruising and pick of some fine Cuban hoes who can't resist the sexy PT cruiser!

I bought you some high quality oil for this weekend, babe. gotta make sure you are runnin smooth

Double-Up
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
All the average to below average teams are going to lose by double digits or even blown out. There will be no "Kings defeat Heat, 103-101" games where the star player had an off-night and the opposing team just got hot.

SG - Miller
SF - LeBron, James Jones

these teams are ALREADY better than most of the league. LeBron's never played with a player of Bosh's caliber.

Don't forget injuries...one can't be too sure about anything in this league.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Miami isn't beating that 72-10 record. Hell they won't even win 70 games. 65-68 AT BEST is more like it. It is a long season and going all out in the regular season to try to break that record is a major risk.

You are thinking in the past.

This isn't your average NBA elite team.

This HEAT team does not have to go "all out" to win games.

Look at the fucking roster, lol.

Booharv
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
wait, are you talking about the "MiamiHeatFan"

or me? lol now i'm a BUMP troll? :lol:lol

BUMP, you want to come out from behind the curtain and take a bow?

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Don't forget injuries...one can't be too sure about anything in this league.

You're absolutely right, injuries can fuck up the chance of a ring.

heck, being in South Beach, LeBron might party too much and not take the regular season seriously.

I hope they are not content with just going for 70 wins....

This is why I am glad the HEAT told Shaq to fuck off. he would have been a horrible influence in the locker room. lazy bastard partied 24/7 and didn't want to practice during the 2006 championship.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
BUMP, you want to come out from behind the curtain and take a bow?

you're a fucking idiot. i've been posting for 2 years and have almost 6,300 posts and you think I'm a troll account? :lol

PT Cruiser
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I bought you some high quality oil for this weekend, babe. gotta make sure you are runnin smooth

Thanks dad. Can you make sure we only pick up clean hookers this weekend? I'm tired of you screwing some cheap skank in the backseat which leads to her crabs tearing up my leather.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks dad. Can you make sure we only pick up clean hookers this weekend? I'm tired of you screwing some cheap skank in the backseat which leads to her crabs tearing up my leather.

quit your bitching, the family wallet cannot afford those high quality skanks.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
The Cavaliers won 66 and 61 games.

Adding Wade, Bosh, Mike Miller, Haslem, etc...

is only +3-6 win difference to you guys? :lol

Booharv
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
you're a fucking idiot. i've been posting for 2 years and have almost 6,300 posts and you think I'm a troll account? :lol

Yeah, you're probably right. BUMP only says 73-9 when he's trolling. Even his trolls aren't retarded enough to say 82-0.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. BUMP only says 73-9 when he's trolling. Even his trolls aren't retarded enough to say 82-0.

where did I predict 82-0?

oh right, I didn't.

Booharv
07-29-2010, 12:42 PM
where did I predict 82-0?

oh right, I didn't.

Seriously though, I actually like you but just drop this argument. There's no way in God's green Earth this team goes 82-0.

PT Cruiser
07-29-2010, 12:43 PM
quit your bitching, the family wallet cannot afford those high quality skanks.
That's a good point, if you could afford women who didn't have crabs you probably would have purchased a better car than a PT Cruiser.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 12:44 PM
That's a good point, if you could afford women who didn't have crabs you probably would have purchased a better car than a PT Cruiser.

you're only dissing yourself :lol

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
You are thinking in the past.

This isn't your average NBA elite team.

This HEAT team does not have to go "all out" to win games.

Look at the fucking roster, lol.

Does not have to go all out to win games? Is this in reference to the regular season or the playoffs? I don't care how talented this team is. They will have to earn it just like everybody else has in the past. They will have to fight through the tough times. Yes there will be adversity in the playoffs. This isn't going to be an easy ride the entire way. I know you are excited but this team has A LOT to learn before they win it all. That is what I will be waiting for. The close games. The adversity. ALL great teams/dynasties have had to face tough times on their way to glory. It won't be any different for this heat team.

Texas_Ranger
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I think they'll go 98-0. A team with Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem as their role players is unbeatable.

DesignatedT
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
damn this team is slowly putting some pieces together.

TheHeatIsOn
07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Niggas dont you see my nigga MH has point nigga he sayin we got a chance for a perfect nigga season 82 ecstaniggacy ya film it?

82 ecstaniggacy season

picc84
07-29-2010, 01:08 PM
The harder they fall.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Niggas dont you see my nigga MH has point nigga he sayin we got a chance for a perfect nigga season 82 ecstaniggacy ya film it?

82 ecstaniggacy season

how did you get bolded already? ;p lol

Kevin Durant 35
07-29-2010, 01:12 PM

82 ecstaniggacy season

:lmao

TheHeatIsOn
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
how did you get bolded already? ;p lol

kori kno wat it do nigga you know im sayin

btw get ready for

82 win ecstaniggacy season

and

16-0 win ecstaniggacy postseason

HeatTheBestEver
07-29-2010, 01:22 PM
kori kno wat it do nigga you know im sayin

btw get ready for

82 win ecstaniggacy season

and

16-0 win ecstaniggacy postseason

iz what it iz playb0i...once that goes down these hataz gon be on our nuts on da real! u know what it is

Killakobe81
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Good signing ... BUT Miami heat is delusional ...

Jordan's bull had MJ on a mission and MAY have less talent than the ethis HEat time but had better coaching, the GOAT one of the all time bestr perimeter defenders and pound for pund one of the best rebounders of all-time. 82-0 they do that i will lick dog shit like Will ferrel in Step Brothers ... but itwon't happen ...

Bulls look good but korver is the only great 3pt shooter and he is a SF ...

Lakers will glad you trade you Sasha and a first rounder for a 2nd round pick in 2015 LOL ...

Medvedenko
07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
While I think Eddie House is a douche, he's going to a team that needs his talents.

Strong pieces around the big 3 will definitely get them to a 60+ win team. The only way they get close to 70 wins is if they play at least 1 year with this new team and get comfortable in the system and have a team defense identity. NO reason why they couldn't get close though. We shall see.

I like Miller off the bench, however I still think they're pretty shitty on PF and C positions even though they have CB.

Veterinarian
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
The only thing they got a shot at is getting a swift kick in the ass by us.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4835808485_8afa0427f0_b.jpg

SomeCallMeTim
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM

:lol

One more time, folks, in case you missed it:

"they have a shot at 82-0, IF THEY TAKE EVERY SINGLE GAME SERIOUSLY"

For pure, unadulterated, homer-crazed, pie-eyed delusions of grandeur, there can be none greater than the above poster.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... MiamiHeat.

SomeCallMeTim
07-29-2010, 01:56 PM
The Cavaliers won 66 and 61 games.

Adding Wade, Bosh, Mike Miller, Haslem, etc...

is only +3-6 win difference to you guys? :lol

Wow. Incredible powers of deductive reasoning you're using there.

You've convinced me. This team can go 82-0 "IF THEY TAKE EVERY GAME SERIOUSLY."

Also, I reckon that Wade and LeBron should be able to shoot 75% from the field "IF THEY TAKE EVERY FG ATTEMPT SERIOUSLY."

Same thing with FTs, they are fully capable of shooting 100% from the line "IF THEY TAKE EVERY FT ATTEMPT SERIOUSLY."

I just can't wait for the next few seasons to unfold to see all these NBA records obliterated "IF THEY TAKE EVERY GAME SERIOUSLY."

MavDynasty
07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Good signing ... BUT Miami heat is delusional ...

Jordan's bull had MJ on a mission and MAY have less talent than the ethis HEat time but had better coaching, the GOAT one of the all time bestr perimeter defenders and pound for pund one of the best rebounders of all-time. 82-0 they do that i will lick dog shit like Will ferrel in Step Brothers ... but itwon't happen ...

Bulls look good but korver is the only great 3pt shooter and he is a SF ...

Lakers will glad you trade you Sasha and a first rounder for a 2nd round pick in 2015 LOL ...

Shut the fuck up. Get your 6th grade English ass outta here.

lol highschool dropout
lol Kobe 16th pick
lol late to meetings

Indazone
07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
If they sign T-Mac and he gives them 10-15 min of the old T-Mac....welll :depressed

Darrin
07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I want them to do it now. I want you all to have to eat it next spring.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
lol "Each Day Offers Potential" is now a Heat fan

HeatChamps
07-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Look at you guys........ letting your hatred of the Heat ruin your reading comprehension

I never predicted 82-0.

This is what I said :

"they have a shot"

"IF they take every single game seriously"

"do they have the focus?"

Doesn't sound like I'm predicting anything, retards.
I'm predicting. 82-0 bitches. We are the Champs.

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Great signing for situational spot up/catch and shoot minutes when the team needs spacing or a spark off the bench..House is also an experienced champion that makes big shots when asked, another great addition by the Godfather..

I don't think the Heat are going to go 82-0 or anything(even though Miami didn't say that, he just said if they focused every night, reading comprehension), but they're going to easily win the title..

The only teams that can stop them in the East have to rely on Vince Carter as a #2 option, which won't work after his quick decline, and the other team has to pray that their entire team stays healthy and doesn't get old quick, and they still have a bad matchup IMO..

In the West, the only team that can stop them will have to rely on Bynum staying healthy, which would take a miracle, and that Pau can carry the team through Kobe's struggles against good defenses(which was evident during the playoffs, since he struggled against the only good defenses he went up against), which is possible, but unlikely with the amount of responsibility that 6-24 gives himself..

Ashy Larry
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

LnGrrrR
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Really good signing for the Heat. They'll be a monster this year, that's for sure. I'm pretty impressed by the pieces they've been able to pull together so far. Not sure about having Big Z as a starting center, but it might not make a difference with Lebron/Wade.

Muser
07-29-2010, 02:36 PM

No they can't. They could break the Bulls record but now way do they go undefeated.

20beastie45
07-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I still think that their going to get the injury bug....Bosh......check........then Miller..... Check

Booharv
07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I still think that their going to get the injury bug....Bosh......check........then Miller..... Check

Well Rodman missed 18 games the year the Bulls won 72 and Pippen missed five games. That Bulls team could have won 75 or 76 iirc if they stayed healthy. Especially considering they won 69 the next year. Undefeated is a hilarious pipe dream though.

Baseline
07-29-2010, 02:41 PM
77-5.

Bank on it.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Really good signing for the Heat. They'll be a monster this year, that's for sure. I'm pretty impressed by the pieces they've been able to pull together so far. Not sure about having Big Z as a starting center, but it might not make a difference with Lebron/Wade.

On D it will make a HUGE difference. Z and Bosh guarding the paint? Good god that is a green light to drive at will. If Dexter Pittman isn't nba ready this year, that won't bold well at all in the long run. Bron/Wade can only make so much of a difference. If the interior sucks ass, Miami isn't winning it this year.

On top of that, the Heat still need a head coach to manage this team. Eric Spoelstra isn't the answer. It just sucks Riley can't take over already.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
As far as the topic on this thread, I am glad to have House back. I always liked him as a player. He also brings clutch shooting, You can never have enough of those type of players.

8FOR!3
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM
LOL at trying to to tell me a team that has to start an aging Ilgauskas and Mario Chalmers has a chance of going 82-0.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 02:50 PM
On D it will make a HUGE difference. Z and Bosh guarding the paint? Good god that is a green light to drive at will. If Dexter Pittman isn't nba ready this year, that won't bold well at all in the long run. Bron/Wade can only make so much of a difference. If the interior sucks ass, Miami isn't winning it this year.

On top of that, the Heat still need a head coach to manage this team. Eric Spoelstra isn't the answer. It just sucks Riley can't take over already.

The Heat were the 3rd best defensive team in the NBA last year with the following line up :

Starting Power Forward : Udonis Haslem (hes now bench
Centers : Jermaine O'Neal, Anthony, Magloire

so basically,

remove Jermaine O'Neal
add Chris Bosh, Big Z

and Spoelstra will be just fine. He's a bright young basketball mind who learned directly from Riley and will still have access to Riley to get ideas and consult.

He has a good defensive system in place. You should all expect Bosh's defense to improve this year due to the Heat's system alone.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 02:59 PM
The Heat were the 3rd best defensive team in the NBA last year with the following line up :

Starting Power Forward : Udonis Haslem (hes now bench
Centers : Jermaine O'Neal, Anthony, Magloire

so basically,

remove Jermaine O'Neal
add Chris Bosh, Big Z

and Spoelstra will be just fine. He's a bright young basketball mind who learned directly from Riley and will still have access to Riley to get ideas and consult.

He has a good defensive system in place.

I don't want a bright young basketball mind who is still unproven in the playoffs. Spoelstra isn't a horrible coach but this team is no longer one for him to run. You know MH that Riley isn't just going to sit back and let Eric run this team. Riley wants to add this team to his resume as one he GM'd and coached. If this team wants to win already, not only does Pittman need to be a factor but Riley needs to coach.

Booharv
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
My prediction for the Heat: 67 wins if they play hard all year, 62-63 if they rest their starters when they get the #1 seed.

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 04:55 PM
My prediction for the Heat: 67 wins if they play hard all year, 62-63 if they rest their starters when they get the #1 seed.

My prediction:::if they don't win the last game played next June, their fandom here is gonna wish their Daddy never squirted their asses out.

This I vow.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
The Heat did play great defense last year and had one of the lowest pace ratings in the NBA (a good thing IMO). If they keep that pace of play going and Lebron and Bosh come in to make their halfcourt offense great while helping their defense become one of the best in the league, then it'll be near impossible to stop them. It'll be the 2008 Celtics only it'll be way better offensively and will play just as great D, while being able to win with a less than spectacular coach because of how committed and focused the 3 star players are to the coach's system.

The thing is, that's gonna require all of them to take a huge individual hit statistically (Bosh in particular) so it'll be interesting to see whether or not they are willing to make that sacrifice. I just get the sense from how he's acted that Lebron signed with the Heat intending to turn them into an offensive team for the ages trying to outdo the showtime Lakers. If that's the case then Riley will need to take over since he has experience balancing out structured halfcourt basketball with showtime flashy ball so players can have fun and be part of a high powered offense but also be ready to buckle down when they need to close it out. The problem there is he doesn't have the go to play of dumping it down to Kareem in the 4th quarter like he used to.

Goran Dragic
07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
the perimeter will be making most of the defensive plays and pressuring all over the floor..it will be a quick defense with a lot of gambling and playing the passing lanes IMO..
Which won't work. Gambling defenses that force turnovers and rely on athleticism look great in the regular season against mediocre teams that don't take care of the ball or contending teams that are too lazy to take care of the ball, but once those defenses run into good playoff teams that take care of the ball and execute well (like when the Suns used to run into the Spurs), it becomes difficult to rely on forcing turnovers against a team that doesn't turn the ball over.

picc84
07-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Good luck getting Lebron and Wade to do anything but zoom up and down court trying to average 10 alleyoops a game, they're gonna be like two kids in a pickup game. The Heat's pace is going to increase dramatically. The addition of House alone is going to increase the pace as he sprints downcourt to launch a 30 foot jumper and sprints back upcourt celebrating.

I also don't think their defense is going to be anywhere near the Celtics. Thats the only hope the league has, to be honest. Its going to be impossible to stop them but they probably won't have an elite halfcourt D, they have neither the coaching or the frontcourt personnel to pull that off.

Celtics D is going to take a hit with the loss of Tom Thibodeaux, so I see the best playoff defense going to the Lakers. Heat will have the best offense.

ffadicted
07-29-2010, 05:15 PM

Not sure if mentally stable

hitmanyr2k
07-29-2010, 05:17 PM

Even Jordan-like competitiveness didn't stop the "G.O.A.T" from going 3-18 in a must-win Game 3 against the Knicks in the '93 ECF when they were down 0-2 in the series. Unlike Lebron, MJ had another superstar on his team to score 30 and bail him out.

Chillen
07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
82-0 in this league today, no way.

76-6 is not impossible but highly unlikely.

If Miami focuses every game they will probably wind up with an impressive 69-13 record in the regular season. On paper they are easily a 60 win team in the regular season.

Budkin
07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Dude the Heat are ridiculously stacked. If they don't break the 1996 Bulls record AND win it all, the season will have been a failure.

daslicer
07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
They could go for 70 but I don't think they will try to do it because its very strenuous and could cause injuries for their core. I predict 65 wins for them.

crc21209
07-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Damn good signing for the Heat. They are fucking STACKED...

DazedAndConfused
07-29-2010, 05:46 PM
It's unprecedented how much talented the Heat have amassed in one off-season.

Gonna make for some interesting times.

For all of you who have hated the Lakers dominance in the last decade, you'll come to realize how gracious and classy a champion the Laker franchise has been over the years as you watch Lebron and his circus act go crazy.

07-29-2010, 05:48 PM
the fuck? is pat riley offering free candy or something?

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Dude the Heat are ridiculously stacked. If they don't break the 1996 Bulls record AND win it all, the season will have been a failure.

We aren't stacked with good centers(not yet anyways). We have an unknown in Pittman and an undersized Joel Anthony. If Pittman can give us even a poor mans Kendrick Perkins version, then we can say they are in damn good shape.

Xevious
07-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Impressive signing. Stick House out there with Wade, James, and Bosh and he'll get wide open threes all night long.

MiamiHeat
07-29-2010, 05:59 PM
again

The Cavaliers went 66 wins and 61 wins.

Now you add Wade + Bosh and you guys only see them improving by 4-6 wins? :lol

Beating 72-10 is likely, imo.

Sisk
07-29-2010, 05:59 PM
For all of you who have hated the Lakers dominance in the last decade, you'll come to realize how gracious and classy a champion the Laker franchise has been over the years as you watch Lebron and his circus act go crazy.

Unfortunately, real talk.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I disagree..coaching is really overrated in general..as long as the coach can stick to the simple things, they should be fine..a team with that much talent should be fine..they're all unselfish players with good basketball IQ too, so Spoelstra doesn't even have to do much..with that being said, as MH said, he seems to already have a good defensive system in place..

Ilgauskas isn't going to start..his team D is too poor at this point..he's still a reliable post defender in stretches, so they can still use him for 10 MPG or so on both ends of the floor..

Joel Anthony and Haslem will be playing a lot of minutes up front, which is fine..they don't provide ideal size, but they're both good defenders, especially Anthony..his defensive rankings were outstanding last season..he struggled at times with his 1 on 1 D, but his team D was great, especially when it came to making rotations and defending the pick and roll..

Miami's D strategy will probably be similar to Larry Brown's defense in Charlotte..the perimeter will be making most of the defensive plays and pressuring all over the floor..it will be a quick defense with a lot of gambling and playing the passing lanes IMO..

Yeah coaching is so damn overrated considering elite HOF coaches have won a majority of the time.:lol
This decade everyone but Doc Rivers is a hall of famer that won it all. For a team like this, an unproven young coach like Spoelstra just doesn't fit. I especially don't trust him during times of adversity in the postseason. He is good for a rebuilding team that has potential to be great in the upcoming years. Now for a team that is already at elite status and can possibly win it all as early as this year, give me Pat Riley. I felt the same exact way with Stan Van Gundy before and after the Shaq trade.

namlook
07-29-2010, 06:28 PM

You are delusional.

John HollinPER
07-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I can project with a Rsquared of 95% that a simulation of 82-0 for the Miami Heat is indeed statistically signficant. I have rerun my simulations over 1 million times and not one of them produced any negative variances.

daslicer
07-29-2010, 08:11 PM
It's unprecedented how much talented the Heat have amassed in one off-season.

Gonna make for some interesting times.

Lol classy I guess you were on some drugs while making this post. The lakers have never been a classy team when they win since the start of the Kobe Phill Jackson era they have been the definition of classless. Hell it was Phill who called the spurs Asterick champs back in '00 to discredit the spurs championship. The Lakers are known for historically bitching and working over the refs during the last 10 years. Their slogan should be when in doubt blame it on the refs. Shaq,Kobe,Fox were a bunch of classless clowns during the 3 peat laughing and talking a lot of trash towards other teams. Hell even now you see Kobe,Gasol,Dfish,Odom, all laugh like school girls during games when victory is in hand. Gasol is a grade A cunt for bitching about the refs when the game gets to physical see '09 finals when he complained about Dwight. I really can't see how Dwade,Bosh,Lebron celebrating could be even less classy then the Lakers lol.

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 08:21 PM
I really can't see how Dwade,Bosh,Lebron celebrating could be even less classy then the Lakers lol.

God willing, and the creek don't rise you won't ever have the contrast, sweetheart.

Booharv
07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I can project with a Rsquared of 95% that a simulation of 82-0 for the Miami Heat is indeed statistically signficant. I have rerun my simulations over 1 million times and not one of them produced any negative variances.

Don't we already have a John Hollinger troll? Do we really need two?

HeatChamps
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Let's face it. No one's beating the Miami Heat. 98-0 for Reguar Season and Playoffs.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Are they Hall of Fame coaches because of the quality of their coaching, or are they Hall of Fame coaches because of the HOF players that have been on their teams?..

It is both.See the Bulls before Phil Jackson. See the kobe/shaq lakers before Phil Jackson. See the Shaq/Wade heat before Pat Riley. Both teams had the talent but lacked the coach to put them over the hump. See the Pistons with Larry Brown and with Flip Saunders.

Don't give me this coaching is overrated crap. You need quality coaching to win in this league. It is vital. Spoelstra is a nice coach but he is no longer needed here in Miami. This is a Pat Riley made team. Spoelstra won't get them over the hump. Riley will.

spursfan1000
07-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Good signing for the Heat, they added a clutch 3 point shooter in House...im quite surprised he didn't go to Boston though.

SomeCallMeTim
07-29-2010, 10:58 PM

Tough crowd. Why not ask them to cure cancer while you're at it?

Venti Quattro
07-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Great signing for the Heat. They're slowly filling in the gaps that no one thought would be filled because of the financial hole that was created by hauling Bron, Bosh and Wade.

Killakobe81
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Shut the fuck up. Get your 6th grade English ass outta here.

lol highschool dropout
lol Kobe 16th pick
lol late to meetings

Quoting me ...LOL
Using a real team (Cowboys) in your sig while your name is "Mavsdynasty" (that was one short dynasty) I must of missed it ...

LOL using old material ...
LOL knowing when MY players got drafted ...

LOL Calling my english 6th grade while you have to resort to childish profanity to prove a point.

I could say more ... but since I "have meetings" ... I don't have time to waste on insignificant internet tough guys ...

Giuseppe
07-30-2010, 10:08 AM
House...im quite surprised he didn't go to Boston though.

Something went down in Boston. But, it's Boston so nobody started any shit over it. Media kept the lid on it.

Koolaid_Man
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

After completing the greatest free-agent coup in NBA history, Miami Heat president Pat Riley continues to surround Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with strong complementary talent.

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

Miami beat out the Chicago Bulls to get House. With a history of clutch shooting that includes multiple big games with the Boston Celtics over the past three years, House will help support Miami’s starry core off the bench.

He also will give the Heat a well-regarded three-point shooter, with 749 treys made in his career at a nearly 40 percent conversion rate.

House played his first three NBA seasons (2000-03) with the Heat before joining eight teams over the next seven years. After playing nearly three seasons for the Celtics, House was traded to the New York Knicks as part of a package for Nate Robinson(notes) during the 2009-10 campaign.

The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.

Eddie House???? Are you referring to the bitch that got slapped by Skip? Is that the Eddie....Bitch Slapped Eddie...ok....

TheManFromAcme
07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
:lmao @ the last 3 pages of this thread.

For Pete's sake Miami....House is a nice pick up but your stretching it with the 82-0 potential crap.

Give the thing a rest. Lakers are still the team to beat. Get over it.

Please.

HeatChamps
07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
:lmao @ the last 3 pages of this thread.

For Pete's sake Miami....House is a nice pick up but your stretching it with the 82-0 potential crap.

Give the thing a rest. Lakers are still the team to beat. Get over it.

Please.
Not just 82-0. 98-0. Lakers? :lmao

MiamiHeat
07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Puh-lease.

Kobe is finished, over the hill, and can only thrive against the infamously shitty Western conference no-defense teams.

Gasol and Fisher can't save the Lakers from the young, in their prime 3-headed Monster.

and with deadly 3pt shooters at the PG, SG, and SF positions, Lakers are fucked.

Giuseppe
07-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Puh-lease.

Kobe is finished, over the hill, and can only thrive against the infamously shitty Western conference no-defense teams.

Gasol and Fisher can't save the Lakers from the young, in their prime 3-headed Monster.

and with deadly 3pt shooters at the PG, SG, and SF positions, Lakers are fucked.

Dallas & Forever!

tee, hee.

TheManFromAcme
07-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Sleeping on the Lakers as a fan that you are is going to bite you in the ass Miami and your setting youself up for a letdown.

Your right. Forgive me. Continue with your love-fest
It's only going to be that sweeter.

Keep throwing wood at the fire.

TheManFromAcme
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Not just 82-0. 98-0. Lakers? :lmao

Beat it

Edward
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow, this thread has some great basketball discussion!

"The Heat are da best"

"No poopy face, the Lakers are better!"

"Wrong butthead, the Heat are winning the next 8 titles!"

"You bob for apples in the toilet, AND YOU LIKE IT!"

Edward
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Even Jordan-like competitiveness didn't stop the "G.O.A.T" from going 3-18 in a must-win Game 3 against the Knicks in the '93 ECF when they were down 0-2 in the series. Unlike Lebron, MJ had another superstar on his team to score 30 and bail him out.

lol ignoring the 16 made free throws, 11 assists and 8 rebounds he also had in that game.

TheMACHINE
07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Heat will get 75 wins ......

and then get eliminated in the 2nd round.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Puh-lease.

I hope Kobe is finished we've seen hes game decrease a bit last year but luckily for him Gasol stepped up.

21_Blessings
07-30-2010, 02:56 PM
4 pages for Eddie House? :lol

The Heat are so fucking boned. Look how pathetic that front line is.

Flo-Rida
07-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Becuase Gasol is a "tough" player right ? and Bynum has proven he can stay healthy a full season including the playoffs ? Eddie house was the same player draining threes down your throat when your best player let up a 20 point lead btw .

Danny.Zhu
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
exactly what we needed

a 3 pt shooter at the PG position.

Yup.

Zelophehad
07-31-2010, 12:37 AM

http://www.obsidianfields.com/lj/ObviousTroll.jpg

Venti Quattro
07-31-2010, 01:45 AM
lmao comic sans ms

dallaskd
07-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Most of these guys have never played with each other. It will take time to find rhythm and for everyone to understand their role. I have a feeling everytime Haslem takes a shot he will get the "what the hell do you think you're doing?" look from Lebron. And half of the guys on the team will be afraid to shoot. Heat will be good, but I dont see them steamrolling the league and chasing 70-75 wins for another 2 or 3 years.

Josepatches_
07-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Most of these guys have never played with each other. It will take time to find rhythm ............

True
I don't know how great can be the team this season but in the future the team will be better for sure.That's what you are saying,isn't it?

DPG21920
07-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Most of these guys have never played with each other. It will take time to find rhythm and for everyone to understand their role. I have a feeling everytime Haslem takes a shot he will get the "what the hell do you think you're doing?" look from Lebron. And half of the guys on the team will be afraid to shoot. Heat will be good, but I dont see them steamrolling the league and chasing 70-75 wins for another 2 or 3 years.

Dude, Lebron never gave that look to all the crap he played with in CLE and he won 60+ games. Lebron has a huge ego, but not on the court. He is a great teammate and if he cared about scoring 40, he would have done it instead of working on getting 8+ ast.

DPG21920
07-31-2010, 02:52 PM
It's true. I don't think you can really argue it. Lebron should have been taking every shot, but he constantly dished it to inferior players. Constantly. Because he understands the value of getting everyone involved.

You can knock Lebron for a lot of things, but not for being a good teammate on the court.

Zelophehad
07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
It's true. I don't think you can really argue it. Lebron should have been taking every shot, but he constantly dished it to inferior players. Constantly. Because he understands the value of getting everyone involved.

You can knock Lebron for a lot of things, but not for being a good teammate on the court.
What's the record for assists per game for a frontcourt player? 8.6 has to be close, it's probably the record actually.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-31-2010, 03:53 PM
He's a good player, but the worst kind of teammate. He wants credit for everything.

Bullshit

Flo-Rida
07-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Bullshit

If u haven't noticed by now lakaluva is all about attention dont even reply to his dumbass .

MavDynasty
07-31-2010, 04:12 PM
If u haven't noticed by now lakaluva is all about attention dont even reply to his dumbass .

That's 23LeBronJames23

He should know by now

redzero
07-31-2010, 04:33 PM
He's a good player, but the worst kind of teammate. He wants credit for everything. Similar to CP3. By the way, guess who's coming to LA in two years?

What do you mean when you say that "he wants credit for everything"?

And how will the Lakers afford Chris Paul?

Baron Davιs
11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Wade, Bosh, and LeBron in their primes. It's going to happen. :toast
and Spoelstra will be just fine. He's a bright young basketball mind who learned directly from Riley and will still have access to Riley to get ideas and consult. He has a good defensive system in place. You should all expect Bosh's defense to improve this year due to the Heat's system alone. :toast
The only teams that can stop them in the East have to rely on Vince Carter as a #2 option, which won't work after his quick decline, and the other team has to pray that their entire team stays healthy and doesn't get old quick, and they still have a bad matchup IMO..

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ray+Allen+Miami+Heat+v+Boston+Celtics+c1erfe_0aDHl .jpg

again The Cavaliers went 66 wins and 61 wins. Now you add Wade + Bosh and you guys only see them improving by 4-6 wins? :lol Beating 72-10 is likely, imo. 6 Losses in November :toast

Killakobe81
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Now that's just dumb. :rollin

You really think the average and below average teams can defeat the Heat if the Heat are not slacking off? Like the Pacers or Grizz?

if one of them has an off-night, look at the firepower still left on the team! Really? Cant break a 100 vs the defensive prowess of the Pacers?

72-10 is a real possibility. Sure it is, in 2K11

This thread, though the most ridiculous epitomizes the level of basketball stupdity in the forum this summer ...

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2010, 01:29 PM
lol beating 72 win ecstacy

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
None of us could have predicted that Miller and Haslem would be injured, nothing you can do..

These bumps are also premature, call me in April..

IronMexican
11-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Okay, this post is just too funny.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Okay, this post is just too funny.

:lol

Red Hawk #21
Off-topic but remember when Baron Davis used to be a beast? Whatever happened to that guy?

Ashy Larry
the Heat got 72 wins on lock ....... they'll go 65-3 in their last 68 games

Double-Up
11-23-2010, 01:38 PM
The Heat are just a bunch of bitches that thought the title would fall in their lap and they deserve what they get this season.

The Refrigerator
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
How do you put quotes in your sig?

romsey31
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM

SG - Miller
SF - LeBron, James Jones

how bout those pacers?

Red Hawk #21
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
lol MiamiHeat

jonnybravo
11-23-2010, 04:12 PM
You can't teach heart and Lebron has proven once again he's the perimeter version of Shaq. Loves to have fun, put up gaudy numbers...punch him in the mouth and he curls up in a ball. Talk about bitch made.

"He's going to have a chip on his shoulder!"

"Look how intense he is in practice!"

Ridiculous. Some guys don't have the fire. Nothing wrong with that.