PDA

View Full Version : AVENGERS cast and director revealed

Pages : 1 [2]

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
even if there is sequels or 2 parts per movie, i see nothing wrong with it...if it worked for harry potter, star wars, LOTR...why not for marvel movies...

J.T.
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
One thing is for certain. If Joss Whedon isn't writing the screenplay and directing the sequel will not live up to the hype. I wouldn't expect the sequel for another 3-4 years though.

Marvel's announced Avengers scheduled so far...

2013: Iron Man 3 & Thor 2
2014: Captain America 2
2015: ?

Rumors of Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye movies. Haven't heard anything of Hulk 3.

2015 looks like a safe bet for Avengers 2. Widow and Hawkeye don't need their own movies, and Fury will probably get a lot of play in Captain America 2 because I can't see them placing a sequel back in WWII based on how the first movie ended with him waking up in the present day and realizing he lost his girl forever.

Spurtacus
05-07-2012, 05:03 PM
2015 looks like a safe bet for Avengers 2. Widow and Hawkeye don't need their own movies, and Fury will probably get a lot of play in Captain America 2 because I can't see them placing a sequel back in WWII based on how the first movie ended with him waking up in the present day and realizing he lost his girl forever.

I agree, but Marvel and Disney are seeing the $$$ big time now.

I hope Avengers 2 is darker and the bad guys/Thanos "win". Tired of these hollywood trilogies where the good guys win at the end of every movie (fuck you Michael Bay). Empire Strikes Back and The Dark Knight are regarded as all-time top sequels for a reason.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
so we really need aa shield movie? they fkn suck man....just a bunch of humans with no super natural abilities besides peaked human skills....just like that uninteresting capt america

jack sommerset
05-07-2012, 06:52 PM
so we really need aa shield movie? they fkn suck man....just a bunch of humans with no super natural abilities besides peaked human skills....just like that uninteresting capt america

I would watch it. I 100 percent agree with ur capt america comment. The avengers was a great movIe and the casting was brilliant throughout the process. I thought they made a mistake with Evans but the captain is just boring. God bless

MannyIsGod
05-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Next year you have Iron Mas is good, IMO. I'm hoping the third IM will be better than the 2nd and I hope Thor 2 is as good as 1 but I'm seriously worried because of the directors departure.

I think its almost impossible you will not see a SHIELD movie now. On one hand, I think the money that Avengers has made will pretty much secure that LOTS of movies get made I don't think they will all be as good as the previous Marvel Studios stuff. I think you might see things like Dr. Strange, Luke Cage, and I know Ant Man has been discussed.

You'll obviously get a Cap 2 and a Avengers 2 (and probably 3 now also).

What I find really interesting is whether or not they'll pursue a Hulk sequel now. (its not the third, btw because the first Hulk movie was not part of this universe - just Norton's movie). I almost hope they just leave him as part of the Avengers because - as DR has pointed out - I don't know how you could make him as epic in a solo movie.

I really hope they just see out the core Avenger movies well. Given some more time I would love a FF4 reboot.

MannyIsGod
05-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Also, the scene where Iron Man shoots his lasers off of Cap's shield made me want to play Marvel Alliance so bad.

Muser
05-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Am I the only person who enjoyed the Capt America film? I thought it was awesome.

Spurtacus
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Am I the only person who enjoyed the Capt America film? I thought it was awesome.

Nope. I rank it up there behind Iron Man (better than Iron Man 2 & Thor).

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2012, 07:33 PM
they should intro henry pym at some point

MannyIsGod
05-07-2012, 07:36 PM

He's alluded to by Sellwig in Thor when he's talking to Jane about the scientist he knew who had a run in with SHIELD. I think they will do an Ant Man movie.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
He's alluded to by Sellwig in Thor when he's talking to Jane about the scientist he knew who had a run in with SHIELD. I think they will do an Ant Man movie.

i knew that but I meant actually introduce him. I don't think he's big enough to get a stand alone movie though, unless they can get a high caliber actor. Thor was a gamble on Marvel's part, but getting Anthony Hopkins and Keneth Branaugh to direct ended up being genius moves.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2012, 10:52 PM
No offense brahs but if they go the ant man route before exploring all the other more bad ass options, I will be discontent
I'll watch it, don't get me wrong

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
No offense brahs but if they go the ant man route before exploring all the other more bad ass options, I will be discontent
I'll watch it, don't get me wrong

no vision without ultron no ultron without pym. Like I said he doesn't deserve his own movie, but a crossover would be good. Maybe him and the hulk.

JoeChalupa
05-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Saw it last night. Excellent and very entertaining movie.
I don't follow the comic books as closely as some of you but I'm looking forward to the the next two Avenger movies.
The one-liners were classic and the Hulk ruled.
I also liked Captain America.

Muser
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Nope. I rank it up there behind Iron Man (better than Iron Man 2 & Thor).

:tu Iron Man 2, while still a good film had its flaws and Thor had to act as the main setup to the Avengers so you didn't really get much closure.

It will be interesting to see if any other Avengers will have cameos in thew upcoming sequels a la Hawkeye in Thor.

Blake
05-08-2012, 08:44 AM

I think they will do an Ant Man movie.

I hope not. I've never liked Pym.

Muser
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Don't know what merit it holds, but IMDB have an Ant-Man page slated as announced for 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

leemajors
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Don't know what merit it holds, but IMDB have an Ant-Man page slated as announced for 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

Edgar Wright has been working on it for a while.

Blake
05-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Ehh.....

Redbox.

leemajors
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Ehh.....

Redbox.

I wait for video on everything anyway, after working at the Alamo for 4 years I rarely step in a theater and can't wait till they die soon.

Blake
05-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I wait for video on everything anyway, after working at the Alamo for 4 years I rarely step in a theater and can't wait till they die soon.

Yeah, it'll be a bad ass day whenever they offer first run streaming....

But there is still something about getting out and going to the movies and getting popcorn machine popcorn.

leemajors
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM

But there is still something about getting out and going to the movies and getting popcorn machine popcorn.

not so much when you had to make it for 6 months :lol

BlackSwordsMan
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM

he also posted a picture on twitter of a man and ant

mFFL03
05-08-2012, 03:55 PM

Yup, plus this idea isn't possible to the normal Joe anytime soon....

"To extend the Bel-Air circuit to a larger group and possibly profit from it, a start-up called Prima Cinema is working with the studios to roll out a service that will make first-run studio films available the day they hit the big screen. Available in a few months, the service will allow homeowners with a high-end digital-projection screening room (who also pay $35,000 to install Prima's highly secure digital delivery system) to watch first-run films for an additional $500 each. The service won't deliver movies before their opening date."

http://www.primacinema.com/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204520204577249423718181572.html

Blake
05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
not so much when you had to make it for 6 months :lol

6 months was enough to turn you off?

Wow, it must be a suckier job than I thought.

leemajors
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
6 months was enough to turn you off?

Wow, it must be a suckier job than I thought.

running food at an Alamo is a pretty shit job. i was making my own schedule after 6 months luckily.

Cane
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Hopefully Joss Whedon directs and writes the sequel. He wants to make it darker and more personal between the characters. If you watched his other stuff like Serenity he's not afraid to kill off characters...hopefully Hawkeye is one of them. And on a side note I wonder if that Agent nerd is really dead or not

Would also like to see Tony Stark go off the deep end and become more depressed, like a funnier alcoholic Bruce Wayne. Maybe someone can kill off Potts or their relationship ends

But if someone "dies" it'll probably be some Asgardian with Thanos being the villain

redzero
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I hope the new Captain America movie won't suck. I think the character has potential. I guess the real problem was that the Thor, Iron Man 2 and Captain America were served mostly as setups for The Avengers.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2012, 06:18 PM
We need baron zemo and the masters of evil

Time to start using real villains instead of gimmicks like in iron man movies

BlairForceDejuan
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
so how do you kill/stop Thanos? sounds like he is all powerful

Proxy
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM

He won't be as strong in the movies as he is in the comics.

leemajors
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
We need baron zemo and the masters of evil

Time to start using real villains instead of gimmicks like in iron man movies

would sound great animated.

tlongII
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Hulk smash.

Muser
05-09-2012, 09:27 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/brother-behold-dat-ass.jpg

:lol

manufan10
05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
^ :lol

Blake
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
would sound great animated.

If I had the wherewithal, I'd pitch that idea to disney channel

lefty
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
So Avengers is gonna finish 3rd behind the Hobbit and TDKR ?

Dont be mad, 3rd is still pretty good

leemajors
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
So Avengers is gonna finish 3rd behind the Hobbit and TDKR ?

Dont be mad, 3rd is still pretty good

box office sales are such a joke, theater owners transfer ticket sales from movies they want to get rid of to other movies all the time.

BlairForceDejuan
05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Hobbit > Avengers/TDK

Gandalf will wreck the Hulk son. You shall not pass I saidd.

lefty
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Hobbit > Avengers/TDK

Gandalf will wreck the Hulk son. You shall not pass I saidd.

Proxy
05-10-2012, 02:17 AM
To be honest I think Tobey made a better Spider-Man than Andrew Garfield is going to. Garfield comes off metrosexual, and that's not exactly Peter Parker's persona. Tobey made a good Peter Parker because he was just a plain guy, but a good actor.

http://www.fmoviemag.com/c/images/stories/article-images/andrew-garfield-as-spider-man.jpg
http://images.hitfix.com/photos/601810/Andrew-Garfield_gallery_primary.jpg

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Untit3-600x404.jpg

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spider-men-600x400.jpg

Use better pics. Garfield looks waaaay more like Peter Parker. Tobey looks like some idiot at a halloween party.

Technique
05-10-2012, 02:45 AM
After watching the Avengers I was enticed into reading more about comic book heroes / villians.

This was a pretty fun read, although I disagree with both number 1 spots.

Doomsday is pretty beast, he shoulda been higher. Carnage is way underrated and Venom should be slightly higher as well.

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains

http://www.ign.com/top/comic-book-heroes

IWantsACuatro
05-10-2012, 03:13 AM
After watching the Avengers I was enticed into reading more about comic book heroes / villians.

This was a pretty fun read, although I disagree with both number 1 spots.

Doomsday is pretty beast, he shoulda been higher. Carnage is way underrated and Venom should be slightly higher as well.

Troof. Maximum Carnage is the end-all be-all of comic book villans. He's the only villian I had nightmares about as a kid.

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2012, 04:22 AM

lol batman villains are a fkn joke, why are they rank higher then the ones below them...

redzero
05-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Batman villains are a lot more iconic than generic symbiote #2.

DarkReign
05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Batman villains are a lot more iconic than generic symbiote #2.

Iconic, yes. I stopped reading comics a long time ago but I have always felt DC was hokey when compared to Marvel. Childish, immature and never growing up with the audience.

Mind you, that was 20 years ago, so things have most likely changed.

Spurtacus
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/brother-behold-dat-ass.jpg

Thor: "The ass for the gods!"

Muser
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Iconic, yes. I stopped reading comics a long time ago but I have always felt DC was hokey when compared to Marvel. Childish, immature and never growing up with the audience.

Mind you, that was 20 years ago, so things have most likely changed.

DC have really sexualised their comics in the past year. There was a big uproar about it if I remember correct.

MannyIsGod
05-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Is that since the reboot?

leemajors
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546185_449435658419226_205344452828349_100678986_2 6897442_n.jpg

fraga
05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Movie was waaaaaaaaay better than I thought...Hulk was one bad ass mofo...loved all his scenes...some slow spots but that was to be expected...Nighthawk was pretty much a wasted character...but I guess they all can't be great...

Woo Bum-kon
05-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Who the fuck is "Nighthawk"?

fraga
05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I meant Hawkeye...

blizz
05-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Just saw it. I was never into comics but it was great. Is hulk really that bad ass? Is Thor??

blizz
05-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Btw gweneth Paltrow still looks f'n hot and the girl from how I met your mother was smokin. I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I thought scarjo was the third hottest girl in the movie behind the aforementioned girls

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2012, 01:15 PM
The how Imet your mother chick was definitely the hottest in the movie. Needed more revealing shots of her

tlongII
05-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I saw it yesterday and was impressed. Very good movie and Hulk was awesome!

DPG21920
05-13-2012, 01:48 PM
If Hulk was a Blazer guaranteed he'd have a career ending knee injury.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
This movie wouldve been awesome if SHIELD wasnt in it,...cant stand samuel l jackson in this movie, his role nick fury lol did shit all just like the other shield members makin up the numbers...

Proxy
05-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Just saw it. I was never into comics but it was great. Is hulk really that bad ass? Is Thor??

Yep. They're definitely the heavy hitters of the Avengers.

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2012, 12:56 AM
how lame was the ending man....

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2012, 12:59 AM
how lame was the ending man....

i hated the base gets nuked everybody dies ending, it should have been based gets nuked they're cut off, and the army comes in and finishes off the aliens

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2012, 01:08 AM
i hated the base gets nuked everybody dies ending, it should have been based gets nuked they're cut off, and the army comes in and finishes off the aliens

the aliens had the numbers just to take down manhanttan only, but i doubt they had the force to take down earths alliance if what you proposed was the ending...it was a shit ending, these aliens are no smarter then ur farm animals, they all went retard when the mothership got blown up...

its bs how capt americas shield can fully tank a one hit from thor, while ironman fell like a bitch after one hit of the hammer....

redzero
05-14-2012, 01:10 AM
its bs how capt americas shield can fully tank a one hit from thor, while ironman fell like a bitch after one hit of the hammer....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America%27s_shield

Rogers' indestructible shield was long referred to, even in continuity, as being composed of an adamantium steel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium)-vibranium alloy. The vibranium in the shield grants it unusual properties, allowing it to absorb virtually all of the kinetic impact from any blows that the shield receives without injuring Rogers in the process. The vibranium is also a factor in the way Rogers throws his shield: he often uses it to ricochet around a room and strike various opponents with little loss of velocity in its forward movement after each impact.Have you ever herped so much you derped?

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2012, 01:40 AM
the aliens had the numbers just to take down manhanttan only, but i doubt they had the force to take down earths alliance if what you proposed was the ending...it was a shit ending, these aliens are no smarter then ur farm animals, they all went retard when the mothership got blown up...

what the other guy said, iron man's suit is a gold titanium alloy while Cap's vibranium is indestructible.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Jesus Christ just suspend disbelief. Its a fucking comic book movie.

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2012, 02:12 AM
capt america = white carl johnson at his peak....

DarkReign
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Jesus Christ just suspend disbelief. Its a fucking comic book movie.

This guy gets it.

leemajors
05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Bad-ass movie. I never go to movies but I did for this. Saw it in 3D, also my first time.

Excellent, excellent movie. Going again this next weekend. Hulk is finally treated the way he should be...feared by all and everything. Some scenes during the final battle are just funny as hell, especially a particular scene with Loki and Hulk.

The "credits" scene with a certain notoriously powerful Marvel character introduced makes me think their reach will exceed their grasp. I am still interested but this particular story line in the Marvel universe, imo, would be incredibly hard to do on film and still serve it justice.

...I just read the few posts above me. No reason to be vague in this thread it seems.

The Infinity Wars had best be served better than Galactus was portrayed in the horrible FF movies. The Surfer is one of, if not the most powerful forces in the Universe and yet 4 idiots from Manhattan swayed him somehow after countless planets were scouted and devoured. Horrible, blasphemous use of the source material.

One good thing though. With the establishment of Asgard in the movies, the near-immortal race of demi-Gods, the extra-dimensional armies of the Other under Loki's command, the writers may not have to skew Thanos much to fit inside the movie lore previous established in all the films.

IIRC, the cube and Thor have already said there are 9 realms. We are one (Midgard), they are one (Asgard) and the Frost Giants are from another. That leaves 6 planes of existence to explore. Thanos, being fucking Thanos, exists outside the realms. If his introduction truly heralds the coming of an Infinity Wars movie, it will either be epic and beyond reproach or shit and a stain on the source material. There is no half-way with this particular saga.

After watching all of the Marvel films, especially those specific to the Avengers, I have confidence they will do it justice. This movie was par excellence in every sense of the word. So long as you dont go in with Oscar-winning performances and writing in mind, you will not be disappointed. Its an action movie, plain and simple. But the writing and acting are strong enough to entertain and suspend disbelief. The banter between the players is even legitimately funny, especially if you were/are an avid reader of the source material.

...and I cant say it enough...Hulk is finally portrayed true to the comics as the indestructible, city-shattering, strongest-thing-in-the-known-universe that he is. He is feared by all, even those who dont know to fear him...yet. He was my favorite character growing up, when he was a member of the Pantheon. The movies did not do his lore any justice. There was no stopping the Hulk, you cannot beat the Hulk, he was done when he was done. No army of man could ever stand against him, hell no army in the universe. Which is why the movies werent very good, imo. In the Avengers, he is finally The Hulk. Cant say that enough.

I've been thinking about this, and only really appearing in a few scenes was the best way to use the Hulk. Come in, kick unholy ass, and done. I don't know if any Hulk movie can ever feel that great overall when all you want to see are the smash scenes. I liked Norton's Hulk, and even the smashing scenes in the Bana one. Sitting through the other stuff just feels like a drag. A really good animated or totally CGI Hulk movie could be pretty good. The Planet Hulk one was ok, but it needed better animation for sure.

Cane
05-15-2012, 01:34 PM
What I want to know is where the hell was the black Iron Man aka Col. Rhodes and the War Machine?

lefty
05-15-2012, 03:17 PM
What I want to know is where the hell was the black Iron Man aka Col. Rhodes and the War Machine?
Nick FUry didnt want a nigga on the team

Spurtacus
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM

have a threesome with the Red Skull and Pepper Potts

Jacob1983
06-05-2012, 03:26 AM
I finally saw it and I liked it. It was good. It was very entertaining and exciting. I also thought Scarlett Johannson was cute as hell as the black widow. Its looked like she had been eating a little bit more and got some meat on her booty and stomach. Not hating. Good to have meat on ya.

I also thought that the Hulk was done really well which was a surprise. The Hulk is a badass.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/scarlett_johansson_bikini_hawaii_february_10_2012_ 3-450x680.jpg

chunticakes
06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
piernas aguadas tbh.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
she got fat tbh there are worse ones then that one too

lefty
06-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Her nose is still bigger than her ass

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92417

First Look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One Box Set
Source: MTV July 11, 2012

Here it is folks. The box set that includes all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies up to this point in one place, thanks to MTV.

Disney laid out all the details, too: Immerse yourself in every aspect of Marvel’s elite Super Heroes with this limited-edition, 10-disc Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection. Complete with glowing Tesseract, this exclusive replica of Nick Fury’s iconic briefcase includes stunning Blu-ray 3D™ and Blu-ray™ presentations of The Avengers; Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, as well as Blu-ray™ versions of Iron Man; Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk in exclusive collectible packaging. Plus, now that you possess the highest level of security clearance, you have been granted access to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s most confidential files, including a top-secret bonus disc filled never before seen, classified information. Also featuring exquisitely detailed art, prop reproductions and artifacts from the motion pictures, the must-own Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection will verify your status as the world’s greatest authority on the Marvel Super Hero mythos!

A list of the content for the ten-disc set is:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The box set will be hitting store shelves the same day as The Avengers Blu-ray on September 25th.

Click the photo for a bigger version!

Cant_Be_Faded
08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
never saw hulk
I would definitely go back and see it, if ruffalo was in it.

Is it worth watching? I still have nightmares from seeing the abortion that was the first hulk movie

CuckingFunt
08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
never saw hulk
I would definitely go back and see it, if ruffalo was in it.

Is it worth watching? I still have nightmares from seeing the abortion that was the first hulk movie

I really liked the Norton Hulk. It is, in my opinion, about as good as one could hope for, considering the Hulk makes kind of a shitty central character.

redzero
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I didn't enjoy this as much the second time around, for some reason.