PDA

View Full Version : More ammo for Dems: "Small-Business Bill Falters on Senate Partisanship"

boutons_deux
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans on Thursday rejected a bill to aid small businesses with expanded loan programs and tax breaks, a procedural blockade that underscored how fiercely determined the party’s leaders are to deny Democrats any further legislative accomplishments before November’s midterm elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/us/politics/30cong.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

============

Repugs prolonging and increasing maximum pain on Americans as a campaign strategy. Repugs don't give a fuck about America or Americans, just about winning power so they can take care of themselves and their corporate johns.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
and WHO is playing politics? Harry Reid wouldn't allow any amendments and knew it would never pass unless he did.

boutons_deux
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
what were those Repug amendments?

more trickle-down/laffer-curve tax breaks for corps and wealthy?

imposing a drop-dead date for bombing Iran?

Winehole23
07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
and WHO is playing politics? Everyone.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Well, for one thing the Democrats were trying to sneak in the Billion+ funding for The USDA/Pigford boondoggle. They have been sticking it on every bill coming down the pipeline including the recent military appropriations bill and it keeps getting amended off (by vote) because it is fucked up. Reid wasn't gonna let it get amended off this time.

clambake
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
i didn't see the boongoggle in that piece.

want to clarify?

Winehole23
07-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Look at it this way CC: whenever the GOP gets a majority back in both houses, they can do the same thing to the Dems. They have in the past, and they will again.

There nothing -- nothing at all really -- unusual about the sort of shenanigans you've highlighted.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Look at it this way CC: whenever the GOP gets a majority back in both houses, they can do the same thing to the Dems. They have in the past, and they will again.

There nothing -- nothing at all really -- unusual about the sort of shenanigans you've highlighted.

I agree. I wasn't the one that posted the article trying to blame it all on one side.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
i didn't see the boongoggle in that piece.

want to clarify?

you wouldn't.

And no, I don't want to clarify. I could give you 20 pages with footnotes and you wouldn't change your mind. You will blindly and obediently defend anything Obama or the Democrats do. It's just your sheeple role to play.

boutons_deux
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
So you're for the historical discrimination by USDA bubbas against black farmers?

Repugs are wonderfully handing tons of ammo to Dems.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 02:07 PM
So you're for the historical discrimination by USDA bubbas against black farmers?

Repugs are wonderfully handing tons of ammo to Dems.

No I'm no for discrimination, and the original ones that proved it already got paid. This billion+ is for the scammers that piggy-backed on that lawsuit later.

LnGrrrR
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Everyone.

Was my exact first thought.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Was my exact first thought.

I agree too.

clambake
07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
you wouldn't.

And no, I don't want to clarify. I could give you 20 pages with footnotes and you wouldn't change your mind. You will blindly and obediently defend anything Obama or the Democrats do. It's just your sheeple role to play.

:lol still going on and on about pigford.......even when it has nothing to do with this.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 02:48 PM
:lol still going on and on about pigford.......even when it has nothing to do with this.

The 1.25 billion for "new" Pigford claims was stuck into the "small business" bill. Republicans wanted to amend it. Reid didn't want them to. Reid has stuck Pigford funding into every politically popular or necessary bill that has come down the pipeline in the last year. The Senate kept amending the bills and voting it out. That's why Reid didn't want any amendments on this bill.

Even as stupid as you are you should be able to see the relevance.

ducks
07-29-2010, 03:29 PM
how many handouts can the usa do?
are they not in debt enought without trying to do more handouts

clambake
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM
The 1.25 billion for "new" Pigford claims was stuck into the "small business" bill. Republicans wanted to amend it. Reid didn't want them to. Reid has stuck Pigford funding into every politically popular or necessary bill that has come down the pipeline in the last year. The Senate kept amending the bills and voting it out. That's why Reid didn't want any amendments on this bill.

Even as stupid as you are you should be able to see the relevance.

so....what you're saying is you don't want that settlement paid....even after they acknowledged discrimination......all because sherrod is black.

even someone as stupid as you should be able notice your own transparency.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM
so....what you're saying is you don't want that settlement paid....even after they acknowledged discrimination......all because sherrod is black.

even someone as stupid as you should be able notice your own transparency.

The people that originally proved they were discriminated against got paid.

Sherrod and thousands of others just piggybacked on those original claims after the fact without ever having to go to court and prove anything.

It's not about being black it's about being a scam artist.

clambake
07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
yeah, because there was absolutely no discovery in the case. lol

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 03:47 PM
yeah, because there was absolutely no discovery in the case. lol

You still don't get it. She didn't even file her claim until after Pigford went to court. The USDA had already decided to pay whatever claim came through the door. There was no discovery/trial. It was a "behind closed doors" settlement on a bullshit claim. There has been GROSS mismanagement at the USDA.

Until you bring some FACTS that prove me wrong I'm not going to waste any more time on this.Remember, The senate has stripped the "NEW" Pigford funding out of EVERY DAMN BILL THIS YEAR (even before Brown was elected and the Democrats had a super-majority) because they know it's total bullshit.

clambake
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
You still don't get it. She didn't even file her claim until after Pigford went to court. The USDA had already decided to pay whatever claim came through the door. There was no discovery/trial. It was a "behind closed doors" settlement on a bullshit claim.

Until you bring some FACTS that prove me wrong I'm not going to waste any more time on this.Remember, The senate has stripped the "NEW" Pigford funding out of EVERY DAMN BILL THIS YEAR (even before Brown was elected and the Democrats had a super-majority) because they know it's total bullshit.

you haven't proven anything. i take that back.....you have proved your ability to find rush on the radio.

this is another one of your dead cats.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 03:55 PM
you haven't proven anything. i take that back.....you have proved your ability to find rush on the radio.

I love that you remember my prediction of the dead cat bounce. Thats the same thing as a double dip recession. Read any financial news lately? Quite a few leading economists (not to mention the Fed) are anticipating exactly that. I won't even have to remind you.

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

Actually none of the leading commentators have discussed Pigford. I stumbled on that one all on my own.

clambake
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I love that you remember my prediction of the dead cat bounce. Thats the same thing as a double dip recession. Read any financial news lately? Quite a few leading economists (not to mention the Fed) are anticipating exactly that. I won't even have to remind you.

you're like a child.

DMX7
07-30-2010, 12:38 AM
What's important here is that is written by the New York Times, which is a dirty liberal rag of truth. I hate truth!

Wild Cobra
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
What's important here is that is written by the New York Times, which is a dirty liberal rag of truth. I hate truth!
OMG...

Hope you aren't serious. They are very often wrong. in their portrayal of things.

CosmicCowboy
07-30-2010, 12:26 PM
you're like a child.

Just stating fact.

Can you read charts? Still looks like a classic bounce.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^DJI+Interactive#chart2:symbol=^dji;rang e=5y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on; ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Wild Cobra
07-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I did a little searching on this.

Thursday's vote only killed an amendment, which had another 23 amendments attached to it. It did not kill the bill.

It would really help you liberals stop being libtards if you verified things before propagating a viewpoint.

Please, read the bill and look at the amendments shot down:

H. R. 5297 (http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h5297pcs.txt.pdf)

Bill Summary & Status; H.R.5297 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:H.R.5297:)

Senate amendment 4519 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:SP4519:) killed by roll call #221 (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=2&vote=00221).

Wild Cobra
07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
On some more looking at the bill.

The house passed three amendments on 6/17 with votes of 420:0, 414:0, and 418:3, then passed HR 5297 241 to 182.