PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest interviews himself

picc84
07-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Some good stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5417748

OPPONENTS DON'T GET UNDER YOUR SKIN?
Nah, I'm much more mellow now. I can control myself on the court. If I get fouled, I say what I gotta say and move on. I don't mind being punked anymore. If someone gets in my face, I just walk away. Against the Celtics in the Finals, Tony Allen got in my face, but I don't got the time for Tony Allen. Now, if you're a star and you're talking trash, I'll talk back. All series long, Paul Pierce was talking: "You're a bum, you can't score, you can't guard me, I'm busting your ass." Everything.

HOW WOULD YOU TRASH-TALK AGAINST YOURSELF?
Well, I guess I would try saying, "You're crazy," or "psychopath." I got called both those things, and worse, in the playoffs. Fans in Utah called me Osama Bin Ron and said, "You need medicine," but none of that fazed me.

SO THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN SAY?
All right, there is one thing that gets me really mad. Last season, Tim Legler, Charles Barkley and Carmelo Anthony all said something like, "Ron Artest is a step slower and can't play defense no more." I was 270 pounds, all muscle -- which was my goal for the season -- so I was fine, in my peaceful little world, until I heard that. It pissed me off so much! I put myself through my own midseason training camp. Didn't take a sip of alcohol from that time all the way through the playoffs. And by the Finals, I'd lost 20 pounds in two months. The problem was I was exhausted during that part of the season. That's why I was struggling. I was working out at 1 a.m., on the treadmill, in the gym. But I hit my stride in the playoffs. I shut down Kevin Durant, the NBA's scoring leader. I shut down whoever I shut down in Utah; they didn't have any stars at the 3. I shut down Jason Richardson. Shut down Paul Pierce. Three years straight, Paul Pierce is shooting 40.8% against Ron Artest. So, go ahead, tell me I'm slower. Tell me I can't play defense. Thank you.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON KOBE?
I thought you'd never ask. We'll be on the plane, playing cards. Kobe will walk up, stop the game and say, "Ron, come to the back of the plane." Then, he'll show me some tape and say, "Look at this. Here's what you need to do." I'll go back to my seat, and then he'll walk up to Shannon Brown, stop the card game and do the same thing. And it doesn't matter if you're sleeping. He'll wake you up and show you things you've never thought about. He puts so much time and passion into the game. I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere.

Other sections include talking about the Heat matchup with LA, where he got his craziness from, his nappy ass hair, etc.

DJ Mbenga
07-29-2010, 11:09 PM
his interviews are golden

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Did he ask himself about beating women, abusing animals, and being scared of Ben Wallace?..

DeadlyDynasty
07-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Did he ask himself about beating women, abusing animals, and being scared of Ben Wallace?..

what NBA (or NFL) player doesn't like to do those things?

HarlemHeat37
07-29-2010, 11:29 PM
what NBA (or NFL) player doesn't like to do those things?

Lebron James would be the first that comes to mind..

Giuseppe
07-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm still stricken with the fact of his brother bellowing/repeatedly/top of his lungs: "WHAT'S HE GOT TO DO NOW?" in the immediate aftermath 6 weeks ago tonite.

DeadlyDynasty
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Lebron James would be the first that comes to mind..

bad first choice...he likes both of those past times...

Gutter92
07-29-2010, 11:50 PM
WTF?

"He'll wake you up and show you things you never thought about"...

hmm.

daslicer
07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
I can't wait to see this guy get bitch slapped by Lebron and Wade next year. I will enjoy the meltdown he will suffer attempting to stop those two guys.

Giuseppe
07-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I can't wait to see this guy get bitch slapped by Lebron and Wade next year. I will enjoy the meltdown he will suffer attempting to stop those two guys.

- "We ain't comin' back to L.A.."

- Paul Pierce

tee, hee.

Indazone
07-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Ron is big enough and athletic enough to give King James problems. I think he'll be able to slow down Lebron.

rayjayjohnson
at least it's less homo than dwight howard's clark kent/superman interview last season

bigzak25
He would have been a great Spur...

Giuseppe
07-30-2010, 12:13 AM

Yes.

daslicer
07-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Ron is big enough and athletic enough to give King James problems. I think he'll be able to slow down Lebron.

James had his way with him twice this year. The refs will call his hacking and grabbing once he guards James. I expect Artest to foul out a few times if they do end up in the finals playing the Heat. Also James is bigger and faster then Artest so it pretty much negates Artest's strengths. James will shoot above 50 percent against Artest the only thing I see Artest doing is forcing James to have a few more turnovers then he normally does.

Indazone
07-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Priceless! :lol

NOW THAT YOU'VE WON A TITLE, DO YOU STILL HAVE ANY PERSONAL GOALS IN THE NBA?
I would love to get back to first-team All-Defense. I own defense. It's like my corporation. I'm the CEO and everyone else is just an employee. The fans and players know I belong. When you need a stop, who you going to call? Not the goddamn Ghostbusters, I'll tell you that. You call me.

DO YOU STILL WANT TO PLAY FOR TEAM USA?
I want a gold medal so bad, I'd be the water boy. But they won't even let me try out! I've been trying to get on that team forever. Three years ago, I called Jerry Colangelo. He answered the phone. I said, "Hi, this is Ron Artest," and the dude hung up! At least let me try out. Give me a chance to represent the ghettos of America. Come on, Team USA! I don't have much time left.

DMX7
07-30-2010, 12:43 AM
His favorite move is Titanic; bet you didn't see that coming.

Killakobe81
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM

Honesty ...now THAT is refreshing ...

Many on here could take a lesson from BIgZak

hater
07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Ron is great.

but I would be surprised to see him go through 2 seasons in the same team without a major incident/arrest/suspension.

we'll see...

Giuseppe
07-30-2010, 10:12 AM
I would be surprised to see him go through 2 seasons in the same team without a major incident/arrest/suspension.

If your wish is granted at least we rang once with & because of him.

TheMACHINE
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
im still waiting for this so-called implosion.

lil_penny
07-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Classic ron ron

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 04:58 PM
What a freak!