PDA

View Full Version : Note to Tim Duncan: Antonio Daniels is your enemy.

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
I get the feeling that NONE of the Spurs bigs want to "harm" or put any pain on Antonio Daniels, most noteably Tim Duncan.

It pains me to see AD go into the paint like he knows he's "untouchable".

Nazr had a great opportunity to put a little pain into AD but didn't.

I have YET to see Tim Duncan put AD on the floor.

You almost get a sense that AD knows this and is taking advantage of it.

We have to be tougher physically inside more, especially on their guards.

AD waltzes in the paint like it's nothing. That should not be happening anymore this entire series.

IceColdBrewski
05-17-2005, 09:26 PM
It's no secret that Daniels and Duncan became good friends during their days together on the Spurs. You might as well stop expecting Duncan to do anything that might hurt him.

PM5K
05-17-2005, 11:29 PM
That's stupid, why wouldn't Nazr commit a hard foul, he doesn't even know the guy.

And in case you didn't realize it Duncan doesn't really foul anyone, especially not intentionally which is why he rarely gets into foul trouble and is even less likely to foul out....

Spurminator
05-17-2005, 11:40 PM

Dre_7
05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
And in case you didn't realize it Duncan doesn't really foul anyone, especially not intentionally which is why he rarely gets into foul trouble and is even less likely to foul out....

And he shouldnt change now. If he can win 2 titles, 2 Finals MVP's, 2 Reg. Season MVP's, 8(?) allstar appearances, and Rookie of the Year without hurting someone, then the more power to him!!!

Quiet Killer!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Why does everyone think that a playoff foul means you're gonna kill the guy?

Damn, don't you guys watch anyone play besides the Spurs? And this year? Even the Spurs title teams got physical with people in the playoffs, and now it'd suddenly be a bad thing if we did something to knock off all these bullshit drives into the lane?

Grow up.

Tek_XX
05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Why foul, i'd like to see AD try to make the shot over TIMMY.

PM5K
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM

Damn, don't you guys watch anyone play besides the Spurs? And this year? Even the Spurs title teams got physical with people in the playoffs, and now it'd suddenly be a bad thing if we did something to knock off all these bullshit drives into the lane?

Grow up.

We won the game by thirteen [/thread]

Dre_7
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM

Grow up.

I dont think fouling is a bad thing, Im just sayin that its not Tim's style. Nothing you can do about that. Its just the way he plays, you cant change that. Its like Manu. He trys to draw contact. Thats just the way he plays. Im not saying Good hard fouls are bad, Im just sayin that Tim doesnt play that why. Hes the type of guy to go for a clean block. Tim shouldnt try and play differently then he has his whole life. He has done pretty good the way he plays.

Now I would like to see Nazr foul a driving guard once and a while!

Dre_7
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Why foul, i'd like to see AD try to make the shot over TIMMY.

Bingo!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
i'd like to see AD try to make the shot over TIMMY.

He's been doing it for five games now, haven't you had enough?

If Tim showed the fire and put someone on their ass, this team would roll.

Dre_7
05-17-2005, 11:58 PM
If Tim showed the fire and put someone on their ass, this team would roll.

Again, its hard to change the way you've been playing for 18+ years. Its not Tims style.

Shaq aint gonna try and start hitting 20 ft bank shots, Tim isnt gonna try and become a Danny Fortson.

I like Tim. He gets the job done!!

If we need that kinda stuff, Pop should give Mass a lil PT!!

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Some people (like Aggie) will never be happy with the Spurs style of play.

Ron Artest and the Pacers are more their style. And as a bonus, you get to watch Stephen Jackson brick shots, too!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah, that's it, I want Tim going into the stands to kick someone's ass.

Can't any of you discuss something without taking a point completely out of proportion.

Again, its hard to change the way you've been playing for 18+ years. Its not Tims style.

Bullshit. Tim was more physical in '99 and '03 than he's even thought about being so far in the playoffs this year.

Dre_7
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
And as a bonus, you get to watch Stephen Jackson brick shots, too!

Jax had a bad game, but you still gotta admit, hes a stud! Still wish he had resigned this year. Then we wouldnt have to worry about lossing big leads whenever Barry comes into the game.