PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez

rick1991
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Why don't the Spurs trade for Rudy Fernandez somehow? Dyess for Fernandez then sign Shaq to fill in for Dyess.

slick'81
07-30-2010, 01:07 PM
probably not

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Salaries don't match, Portland doesn't want McDyess, and it wouldn't create "magic"money to sign Shaq . . . and, no.

FromWayDowntown
07-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Takes two to tango; the Spurs have to want Fernandez, the Blazers have to be willing to part with him, and the Spurs have to be willing to offer something that the Blazers actually want in exchange for Fernandez.

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Rudy doesn't make too much so if the Blazers would give him away for maybe a first rounder. And regardless of a trade the Spurs still have the MLE and LLE for Shaq or anyone they would want to sign.

We don't have the full MLE, which is what Shaq wants and why do we want Fernandez? If we were going to do anything with Portland, I would want Batum in return.

rick1991
07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
We don't have the full MLE, which is what Shaq wants and why do we want Fernandez? If we were going to do anything with Portland, I would want Batum in return.

Batum is not up for trade and Rudy can hit the long bomb and create off the dribble

ElNono
07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Takes two to tango; the Spurs have to want Fernandez, the Blazers have to be willing to part with him, and the Spurs have to be willing to offer something that the Blazers actually want in exchange for Fernandez.

What? You mean we just can't grab him and bring him to San Antonio? :rolleyes

PDXSpursFan
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Rudy's weak on defense = bad fit for Spurs, perfect fit for the Knicks.

Spurologist
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Rudy rudy rudy!

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Batum is not up for trade and Rudy can hit the long bomb and create off the dribble

Sure, that's great. He is kind of like a poor man's Ginobili. If the Blazers want to gift us Fernandez for a pick, then great, but I don't see how McDyess or Shaq would factor into that scenario.

FromWayDowntown
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Do you have any reason to think that the Spurs have interest in Rudy? I'm not asking whether you think the Spurs should be interested in Rudy; I'm curious if you can show that the Spurs are interested in Rudy?

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Fernandez would be great but anything we can offer I'm sure Portland is getting all over the league and they aren't going to ship him to a conference competitor when I'm sure multiple teams in the league would offer what we can... a draft pick.

AFBlue
07-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Why are we discussing this in two locations?

Original thread here: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4550024#post4550024

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Because a large % of posters don't even realize that the "think tank" exists?

AFBlue
07-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Because a large % of posters don't even realize that the "think tank" exists?

And through my posting I intend to educate the uniformed masses.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
We have no need for rudy, ive seen a couple of his games and he was missing 3's badly...

My Fault
07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
We have no need for rudy, ive seen a couple of his games and he was missing 3's badly...

Thought you weren't coming back?

Nathan89
07-30-2010, 03:19 PM

Is it the all-star break already?

8FOR!3
07-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Thought you weren't coming back?

jaffies
07-30-2010, 03:27 PM

REVERSE TRANSLATION:

weez don neeedz dat nigga pleeze yo i peeped dat cracka try droppin treyz and dat shit wuz whack yo!

ChuckD
07-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Rudy is a nice player but there are a couple of issues. Apparently at some point when they were scouting him, RC determined that he was pretty much an emo, something that is coming to light in his attempts to get out of Portland to start and/or get more playing time. He doesn't like the way he's being used as primarily a spot up shooter, something he would have to do here. He wants to create more. He wants to start. He's just too fucking needy. I personally like his game, but I doubt the Spurs are even looking at his emo ass.

Leonard Curse
07-31-2010, 04:38 AM
i would love for fernandez to play here i think before the back injury he was on his way, i think he will eventually get back to that esp in a pop system. he was one of my fav players to watch that is until they benched him

Leonard Curse
07-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Rudy is a nice player but there are a couple of issues. Apparently at some point when they were scouting him, RC determined that he was pretty much an emo, something that is coming to light in his attempts to get out of Portland to start and/or get more playing time. He doesn't like the way he's being used as primarily a spot up shooter, something he would have to do here. He wants to create more. He wants to start. He's just too fucking needy. I personally like his game, but I doubt the Spurs are even looking at his emo ass.

yup thats what worries me, however if he plays under his role model manu ginobili it would change his ass in a heart beat, they never give rudy any respect over there even when he was doing really well they benched his ass for 48min at times for no reason so i think the coachs relationship w/him is pretty bad.

if manu taught him better slashing techniques/hell learn just from watching him and i dont think he would have a problem coming off the bench for manu, then we would hve options as a replacement for ginobili after retirement if he becomes alot bettter

texaskid
07-31-2010, 05:12 AM
only a dream

my2sons
07-31-2010, 05:32 AM

I would assume any team interested in Rudy would have seen him play in more than a couple of games to make a more informed decision on whether his three point game was suspect and maybe even have a more education decision on his overall game. Seems all we remember is the negative. Barry was a weak defender, Ferry was a weak defender, kerr wasn't exactly a stopper on defense either and yet this team was just fine.

Leonard Curse
07-31-2010, 05:45 AM
I would assume any team interested in Rudy would have seen him play in more than a couple of games to make a more informed decision on whether his three point game was suspect and maybe even have a more education decision on his overall game. Seems all we remember is the negative. Barry was a weak defender, Ferry was a weak defender, kerr wasn't exactly a stopper on defense either and yet this team was just fine.

amen i think rudy would fit perfect here in san antonio and would be loved tremendously by fans and he could be a perfect player for the hill/splitter/blair/anderson/fernandez thats not a bad bench if you ask me

PublicOption
07-31-2010, 05:59 AM
Fernandez or Belinelli.

these 2 would be awesome.

elemento
07-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Ginobili wannabe

Below average defense, attitude problems ..keep whining to the spanish media that he doesn't get enough minutes in Portland ..

a 1st round pick would be ok ..but i wouldn't give any of our guys to Portland for Rudy.

bobby4germany
07-31-2010, 08:37 AM
REVERSE TRANSLATION:

weez don neeedz dat nigga pleeze yo i peeped dat cracka try droppin treyz and dat shit wuz whack yo!

Thanks for the translation! :lol

:toast

barbacoataco
07-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Rudy wants to be traded. He more or less quit playing hard towards the end of last season in one of the more pathetic displays I've ever seen from a professional athlete. He does have talent, but is a terrible defender and gets pushed around by more physical players. I don't see how the Spurs could trade for him anyway unless there was a 3rd team involved.

Taking it to the Hole
08-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Uhhhm....don't we have enough shooting guards already? We might as well comprise the whole roster of shooting guards the way we are going.

cheney212
08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
GTFO shaq sucks now and fernandez is overrated

Halberto
08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Dyss plays an important role on this team. I hope he keeps his level of play going