PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline thread, trades, rumors, and other deadline news.

EricB
07-30-2010, 02:53 PM
The first one between today and tomorrow is obviously the Rangers getting Cristian Guzman according to TR Sullivan Rangers beat writer.

Lots of rumors out there, Padres talking to the Pirates about Paul Maholm. Yankees are looking into Berkman according to John Heyman.

EricB
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Joel Sherman of the New York Post says the Mets are having internal discussions on trading for Rich Harden are going on about a trade during August

:elephant

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
God I hope anyone takes Berkman. I'd trade Carlos Lee for a cup full of shit right now.

EricB
07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Alyson Footer the Astros writer said Lee was "as untradable as untradable gets" :lol

EricB
07-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Buster Olney says Berkman to the Yankees is VERY close.

EricB
07-30-2010, 04:42 PM
TR Sullivan says the Rangers are putting out feelers for Rich Harden and Scott Feldman.

Melmart1
07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Are you talking about TR Sullivan? YOu just can't seem to get the man's name right, can you? :lol

EricB
07-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Ill let Bump punch me in the face for messing up his dad's name so much today.

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Damn Berkman to the Yankees to be DH and backup Johnson LOL. I'll always appreciate Berkman but it's time for him to go. Hopefully the Yankees take him. Astros are a fucking joke.

EricB
07-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Just heard on 105.3 the fan before the cowboy lovers insulted the city of san antonio again for the billionth time, that the Rangers have inquired about Ted Lilly...

EricB
07-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Berkman deal is done, won't be official till tomorrow however.

djohn2oo8
07-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Prospects better be decent. LOL Nobody wants Carlos

EricB
07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Nonprospects and salary relief.

flame away :lol

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Nothing is better than Berkman at this point.

EricB
07-30-2010, 06:33 PM
:lol Uh, yeah, you paid New York to take Berkman.

Sorry I just don't subscribe to the thinking minor leaguers are better than All Stars.

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Berkman isn't an All Star and at least minor league players will want to show up every game. He hasn't been decent for the past 2 years. It gets frustrating watching these over priced lazy players every day barely jog to first on a ground ball. Carlos Lee pretty much starts heading to the dugout once the ball is on the ground. It's pathetic.

EricB
07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I think throwing Berkman under the bus like that is a bit much, but whatever...

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
How many Astros game have you watched these past few years?

djohn2oo8
07-30-2010, 06:52 PM
I think throwing Berkman under the bus like that is a bit much, but whatever...

He's right about Berkman deserving alot of the blame, but still we should have gotten something back for him

EricB
07-30-2010, 06:58 PM
How many Astros game have you watched these past few years?

Shit loads.

Against the Cardinals and Rangers and many others just because I love baseball and have a passing interest.

Berkamn had knee surgery in spring training and hasn't been the same since that.

It would be akin to Duncan getting it in training camp and fans pissing on him all year because he didn't "bust ass" up the court on a 4 on 1 fast break.

I respectfully disagre on throwing berkman under the bus for all their problems. I think all their problems resulted from signing Carlos Lee but thats just me...

Dr. Gonzo
07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Shit loads.

Against the Cardinals and Rangers and many others just because I love baseball and have a passing interest.

Berkamn had knee surgery in spring training and hasn't been the same since that.

It would be akin to Duncan getting it in training camp and fans pissing on him all year because he didn't "bust ass" up the court on a 4 on 1 fast break.

I respectfully disagre on throwing berkman under the bus for all their problems. I think all their problems resulted from signing Carlos Lee but thats just me...

There is no argument there. I hated the signing from day 1. Carlos Lee is a piece of shit. No doubt.

EricB
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM
There is no argument there. I hated the signing from day 1. Carlos Lee is a piece of shit. No doubt.

He's a DH. It was said that offseason he's a DH he can't play the field anymore, paying that much for a DH is lunacy.

Had they not blown that money there they could've spread it out a bit more and contended a bit better.

Like getting a real third baseman and not guys like Pedro Feliz and blondie...

EricB
07-30-2010, 07:18 PM
I personally think JA Happ is a damn good pitcher and will be a great addition...

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Berkman is probably glad to go...... He has definitely not lived up to standards the last couple of years. Astros are done. Fucking joke.

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Some quotes from Berkman

"He approached me two days ago with a list of probably eight teams that had expressed some interest. There were four yeas and four nays. There were some that were just no possibility," Berkman said.

Earlier Friday, Berkman vetoed a trade to the White Sox, USA Today reported.

ducks
07-30-2010, 11:32 PM
38 million payroll paddress

206 million now for yankees

ducks
07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
:lol Uh, yeah, you paid New York to take Berkman.

Sorry I just don't subscribe to the thinking minor leaguers are better than All Stars.

berkman an allstar:lol:lol

ducks
07-30-2010, 11:35 PM
The latest rumor, Snyder to PIT or TOR and Qualls to COL or NYY.

ducks
07-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Pirates & D'Backs Have Discussed Snyder Trade
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 8:57pm CST]

The Pirates have spoken to the D’Backs about a trade that would send catcher Chris Snyder to Pittsburgh, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The FOX Sports writers suggest Arizona would likely send money to Pittsburgh in any deal. Snyder has $1.7MM remaining on his contract in 2010, plus $5.75MM next year and either $6.75MM or a $750K buyout in 2012.

The Pirates currently have Jason Jaramillo and Erik Kratz on the active roster, but Ryan Doumit is on the DL with a concussion. Like Snyder, Doumit has a lot of money coming his way. He'll earn $5.1MM in 2011 and the club holds options for 2012-13.

Earlier in the week, Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reported that the D'Backs were trying to trade Snyder, but this is the first we've heard of the Pirates' interest.

ducks
07-31-2010, 10:14 AM
NEW YORK -- The D-backs have agreed on a trade late Friday night that would send catcher Chris Snyder to the Pirates pending approval by the Commissioner's office, according to a baseball source.

The D-backs will receive right-hander D.J. Carrasco, outfielder Ryan Church and infielder Bobby Crosby in return. It is not clear how much money is changing hands in the deal, but that is what would have to be approved by Major League Baseball.

Snyder is due $5.75 million next year, with a club option worth $6.75 million for 2012 with a $750,000 buyout.

Snyder is hitting .231 with 10 homers and 32 RBIs in 65 games this year.

It's been quite a change of direction for the club with regards to Snyder. Following the 2008 season, the D-backs inked him to a contract extension and he looked like their catcher going forward.

A back injury, though, sidelined him two months into the 2009 season, and Miguel Montero was so impressive with the bat that Snyder was relegated to a backup role.

ducks
07-31-2010, 10:18 AM
By Steve Gilbert / MLB.com

07/31/10 11:10 AM ET

NEW YORK -- The Rays have acquired right-handed relief pitcher Chad Qualls from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for a player to be named. Qualls will be in uniform for Saturday's game against the Yankees.

• Deadline MLBlog
• Full coverage

The D-backs will not have to include any cash in the deal, with the Rays picking up the roughly $1.6 million Qualls is owed for the rest of the season.

Arizona has actively shopped Qualls, who began the year as the team's closer, but has struggled to find any consistency and is 1-4 with an 8.51 ERA in 42 games. The right-hander, who makes $4.185 million this year, will be eligible for free agency at the end of the season.

The D-backs acquired Qualls along with Juan Gutierrez and Chris Burke from the Astros in December 2007 in a deal that sent Jose Valverde to Houston.

ducks
07-31-2010, 10:36 AM
there is a rumor out there that someone is offering a closer for kelly johnson who plays second base

djohn2oo8
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Brett Myers is probably going to be traded, however they are asking for the moon for him. Wandy hopefully gone, Pence is looking likely to be gone too

Mikesatx
07-31-2010, 02:33 PM
MLBtraderumors.com has been ahead of every other source for deals and rumors that I have found.

ducks
07-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Dodgers acquire Cubs LHP Ted Lilly
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqCaI.h1BETG1W2_qrJyKp4RvLYF?slug=ap-dodgers-cubstrade

ducks
07-31-2010, 03:26 PM
AP source: Yankees to acquire Kerry Wood
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AgoznTdD1uSDokQu0kPJ3D0RvLYF?slug=ap-indians-yankeestrade

ducks
07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=6350584

EricB
07-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Im still gutted and shocked the Cardinals traded an all star power hitting outfielder for a mediocre pitcher.

Cardinals have trouble scoring, yet uh, they trade the best hitter with RISP.

Im just floored the Cardinals just made such a horrible trade.

Solid D
07-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Im still gutted and shocked the Cardinals traded an all star power hitting outfielder for a mediocre pitcher.

I was taken aback by this move. From what I read, Ludwick was going to be in the final year of arbitration. St. Louis may not have been able to keep him with Albert Pujols looking at an extension. The Cardinals wanted another back end of the rotation pitcher. Oh well. Crazy deadline week.

ducks
08-01-2010, 02:41 PM
hudson is so owning the mets today

Mikesatx
08-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Ludwick was a due a big payday in arbitration at the end of the year. That in conjunction with the emergence of Jay made it easier. Westbrook may not be top tier but he is much better than Hawkesworth and Suppan. No guarantees on Lohse or Penny either.

ducks
08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
ludwick won the game for the paddress today