PDA

View Full Version : Couch Coaches...

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:41 PM
They seem to be a dime a dozen. They seem to know Blair doesnt have the skill set to play SF. They seem to know Shaq would suck worse than Bonner. They seem to think we are a top contender team tough. And that Hill should not be traded and Parker should be re-signed. That Pop is a great coach and that Timmy can still carry this team. On top of that...they believe that Splitter is the 2nd coming and that our 1st round draft pick is a steal. That we should be in the top 4 favorites to win the title. And that we'll face the Lakers in the WCF's. Have I about summed it up?

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:43 PM
ibtl

Obstructed_View
07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
They seem to be a dime a dozen. They seem to know Blair doesnt have the skill set to play SF. They seem to know Shaq would suck worse than Bonner. They seem to think we are a top contender team tough. And that Hill should not be traded and Parker should be re-signed. That Pop is a great coach and that Timmy can still carry this team. On top of that...they believe that Splitter is the 2nd coming and that our 1st round draft pick is a steal. That we should be in the top 4 favorites to win the title. And that we'll face the Lakers in the WCF's. Have I about summed it up?

They also start threads full of sentence fragments.

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:46 PM
They also start threads full of sentence fragments.

Great counter argument

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Wait, so you actually believe Blair can play the wing position?

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Wait, so you actually believe Blair can play the wing position?

Wait, you believe Bonner should be re-signed and play center? And Jeferson is a great fit at SF?

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I'll put it this way. Lets have a 2 on 2 game. Shaq/Blair against Bonner/Jefferson...who wins?

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Wait, you believe Bonner should be re-signed and play center? And Jeferson is a great fit at SF?

no and no but you think blair can play the 3 :lmao

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
no and no but you think blair can play the 3 :lmao

You think Jefferson can?:lmao

LongtimeSpursFan
07-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll put it this way. Lets have a 2 on 2 game. Shaq/Blair against Bonner/Jefferson...who wins?

If its a full court game I take Bonner/Jefferson.

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:52 PM
You think Jefferson can?:lmao

I know he can. He's been doing it for 9 years now.

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 09:53 PM
If its a full court game I take Bonner/Jefferson.

Spurs are a half court team with Duncan...until he retires that the way it is.

Chieflion
07-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Someone told you Blair cannot play the 3, and you got so butthurt you had to start this thread to whine.

Boohoo, Blair can play the 3, I just know he can. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron.

BadMotorscooter
I know he can. He's been doing it for 9 years now.

Yeah, he did great for us last year.:lmao

BadMotorscooter
Someone told you Blair cannot play the 3, and you got so butthurt you had to start this thread to whine.

Boohoo, Blair can play the 3, I just know he can. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete moron.

Do I look butthurt? lol Do you really think I care?

Chieflion
07-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Boohoo, I think Jefferson cannot play the 3 after just one season, but I think Blair can play the 3. Anyone who disagrees is a complete moron.

Chieflion
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Do I look butthurt? lol Do you really think I care?

Boohoo. I had to start a thread about all of these because I want everyone to know my stupidity.

Cane
Uh...isn't the OP being a dime a dozen couch coach?

BadMotorscooter
uh...isn't the op being a dime a dozen couch coach?

+1

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Your most compelling argument went something like:

"LeBron is big and he can play the 3, so why can't Blair?"

Come on, dude. Let it go.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM
lmao the op is a bitch, but yea fuck jefferson he can't shoot at all malik>rj, rj is good of the bench though no lie

DesignatedT
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope I'm being trolled but the possibility of you just being a complete moron makes more sense.

ohmwrecker
07-30-2010, 10:00 PM
lmao the op is a bitch, but yea fuck jefferson he can't shoot at all malik>rj, rj is good of the bench though no lie

Here is an example of someone who agrees with you . . . I rest my case.

BadMotorscooter
07-30-2010, 10:00 PM

You women are mean.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-30-2010, 10:02 PM
and leave blair where hes at i mean he did school on paul gasol i kow yall watched that game

Nathan89
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM

1. I thought you said you were taking a break.

2. How is malik>jefferson, if rj is good on the bench and malik sucked on the bench.

xellos88330
07-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I was always under the impression that most people are "wishing" Blair would have the appropriate skills to play the 3.

RJ had a terrible season by his standards last season. He really needs a couple great open court passers to lead the break. For a vast majority of last season, I saw numerous opportunities for RJ on the fast break. The problem was the ball was either slowed down, or not passed to him due to having a great 1 man fast break option with TP. This is one of the reasons why I miss a player like Brent Barry. He was a very savvy passer in the open court. If you had Barry with Manu on the court with RJ, I am certain you would see a completely different RJ.

I honestly believe that in order for TP to get a great extension from the Spurs, he will have to show that he is more than capable of getting the ball into other transition players hands and making them better. TP is more than capable of being a superstar in this league. He just needs to learn how to take that last step and he is unstoppable.

Getting the pass out from the rebound has been difficult for the Spurs due to the lack of size in the interior. Will Splitter fix that? I have no clue. If the FO is right about Splitters BBIQ, then I am certain that he will have the ability to do it, at least, mentally. The biggest question is the fact that most of us haven't quite seen what the kid is capable of.

In short. Noone has the answers. Nor should you listen to random thoughts until a history is developed. There are so many new faces on the Spurs since the championship years, that the tendencies of this team are inconsistent. Everyone is frantically trying to find reason to this new trend, including myself (as stated above), but all we can really do is just hope.

So it is my hope to see the Spurs at the top of the NBA, and once again, showing me the beauty of Spurs basketball.

GO SPURS GO!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

silverblackfan
07-31-2010, 11:39 AM
i was always under the impression that most people are "wishing" blair would have the appropriate skills to play the 3.

Rj had a terrible season by his standards last season. He really needs a couple great open court passers to lead the break. For a vast majority of last season, i saw numerous opportunities for rj on the fast break. The problem was the ball was either slowed down, or not passed to him due to having a great 1 man fast break option with tp. This is one of the reasons why i miss a player like brent barry. He was a very savvy passer in the open court. If you had barry with manu on the court with rj, i am certain you would see a completely different rj.

I honestly believe that in order for tp to get a great extension from the spurs, he will have to show that he is more than capable of getting the ball into other transition players hands and making them better. Tp is more than capable of being a superstar in this league. He just needs to learn how to take that last step and he is unstoppable.

Getting the pass out from the rebound has been difficult for the spurs due to the lack of size in the interior. Will splitter fix that? I have no clue. If the fo is right about splitters bbiq, then i am certain that he will have the ability to do it, at least, mentally. The biggest question is the fact that most of us haven't quite seen what the kid is capable of.

In short. Noone has the answers. Nor should you listen to random thoughts until a history is developed. There are so many new faces on the spurs since the championship years, that the tendencies of this team are inconsistent. Everyone is frantically trying to find reason to this new trend, including myself (as stated above), but all we can really do is just hope.

So it is my hope to see the spurs at the top of the nba, and once again, showing me the beauty of spurs basketball.

Go spurs go!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

+1