PDA

View Full Version : King for Kids Bike-a-thon..

HarlemHeat37
07-30-2010, 11:58 PM
LeBron's State Farm King for Kids Bikeathon is a fun filled community event honoring the areas children while promoting healthy lifestyles and physical fitness for the entire family.

LeBron's State Farm King for Kids Bikeathon is a fun-filled, youthful family event that honors area children while promoting physical fitness and raising awareness and critical funding for important community initiatives focused on empowering children and families. LeBron's State Farm King for Kids Bikeathon creates an annual experience where every member of the Northeast Ohio community can be in contribution while enjoying a day with LeBron as well as his family and friends. Not to mention having fun riding through the streets of Akron.

Lebron is returning to Ohio next weekend for a Bike-a-Thon charity event for the kids..yes, returning to the same place that has taken a shit all over him, yet he doesn't care, as long as he can provide for the needy..

With the 6 million donated to charities through The Decision, to this Bike-a-Thon, all in a span of less than a month, how are people still hating on this man?..I really don't understand, TBH, what else does he have to do?..

TheKingOfMIA6
07-31-2010, 12:01 AM
LeBron James jerseys likely will continue to be barbecued in the state of Ohio, but the leaders of his home town of Akron say he's still their guy.
That sentiment was made official Monday night when the Akron City Council passed a resolution thanking James for "his extraordinary basketball accomplishments and his continuing involvement in the Akron community."
"No matter what his decision was, he's still from Akron, Ohio," said the council president, Marco Sommerville. "He's a hometown person who we need to support."
James' next public appearance in Akron is expected on Aug. 7, when he's scheduled to help give away 300 bicycles as part of a bikeathon put on by his foundation.
The council unanimously voted in favor of the resolution, but according to Ohio.com (http://www.ohio.com/sports/99315619.html) there was dissent from a man in the audience who yelled out, "Nay!"
Akron officially still loves LeBron James

TheKingOfMIA6
07-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Akron officially forgave LeBron lol

Gutter92
07-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I guarantee the Kobe nuthuggers will find something negative here...notice I say Kobe nuthuggers, not Laker fans..big difference in my book.

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Fuck, 300 bicycles?..:wow

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:03 AM
I guarantee the Kobe nuthuggers will find something negative here...notice I say Kobe nuthuggers, not Laker fans..big difference in my book.

They probably will mention Kobe, even though this thread has nothing to do with him..they love ignoring the All Kobe All The Time thread..

badfish22
07-31-2010, 12:03 AM
King for Kids :lmao

Venti Quattro
07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I want a LeBike. So touching!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

21_Dickings
07-31-2010, 12:10 AM
I want a LeBike. So touching!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Regulate that shit fellow BDC member!

Texas_Ranger
07-31-2010, 12:10 AM
:lmao

KidCongo
07-31-2010, 12:15 AM
This is that one where he rides with his friends and they hold the group of kids back way behind him?

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
This is that one where kids get to meet their hero, get to achieve happiness, and get 300 bicycles from Lebron James..

Venti Quattro
07-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Regulate that shit fellow BDC member!

Raise the bar, troll! You are too weak

KidCongo
07-31-2010, 12:44 AM
This is that one where kids get to meet their hero, get to achieve happiness, and get 300 bicycles from Lebron James..

Bullshit PR??

DJ Mbenga
07-31-2010, 12:51 AM
the kids dont care to begin with. its an adult thing. charity wont fix this for lebron. cleveland is going to hate him

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I highly doubt Lebron is doing this so Cleveland can "like" him again:lol..he does it to help out the kids and show them a good time..it's not for those overreacting sports fans in Cleveland..

baseline bum
07-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Props to LeBron. At least those bikes are worth more and offer better job opportunities to the kids than those University of Phoenix scholarships he gave out last time.

Shank
07-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Fact: LeBron James is the only human in the existence of the fucking world to ever give to charity.

Shank
07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-154708077.html

Article: Net proceeds from new O.J. Simpson book to be donated to charity by Borders and Waldenbooks.(Brief article)

Article from:
M2 Best Books
Article date:
November 20, 2006

Borders Inc and Walden Book Company Inc, subsidiaries of Borders Group Inc (NYSE:BGP), have announced that they will donate the net proceeds from the sale of O.J. Simpson's latest book, entitled If I Did It, to charity.
-----

O.J. Simpson is a saint!

Shank
07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/15912455/

ATLANTA - As part of his fine for an obscene gesture made to fans, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick is giving $5,000 to the family of a firefighter who recently died.

Another $5,000 will go to The Warrick Dunn Foundation, which helps single mothers become homeowners, according to a statement posted on the team’s Web site Thursday.

Atlanta firefighter Steven Solomon died Wednesday from injuries he suffered battling a Thanksgiving night fire.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

“I gave this a lot of thought and realized that there are thousands of worthy charities that could benefit from these funds,” Vick said in the statement. “But when I heard that Mr. Solomon died after fighting a fire on Thanksgiving while most of us were at home with our own families, it really touched me. My heart goes out to his family.”

Vick said he wanted to help Falcons running back Warrick Dunn’s foundation, which assists single mothers and their children with down payments and home furnishings.

DPG21920
07-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Sons, Lebron is not donating because he was fined or wrote a book about murder to make money.