PDA

View Full Version : Heat fire season ticket sales representatives

djohn2oo8
07-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Didn't see it posted, apologies if it is

With the arrival of Lebron James, the Miami Heat rapidly sold out all their season tickets. That turned out to be bad news for the ticket-sales staff, which was fired Friday.

In a statement, the Heat confirmed the dismissals Friday afternoon, saying that with an ``exhausted'' inventory of season-tickets ``we no longer require a season ticket sales team to sell tickets.''
Stephen Weber, vice president of sales, delivered the news to about 30 ticket sales people Friday morning, according to one of the staffers who asked not to be named because he is seeking another job in sports.
Even when James was merely rumored to be heading for the Heat, the team saw an explosion in season ticket sales. The staffer said he and his colleagues were making cold calls to prospective customers and taking deposits for a waiting list that now has more than 6,000 names on it. The dismissals reflect the new Heat position in basketball: it can sell tickets without really trying.

``They let us go because there was really nothing left to do anymore,'' the fired staffer said.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/31/1754155/with-heat-season-tickets-sold.html#ixzz0vHGHcLQi

djohn2oo8
07-31-2010, 11:23 AM
I really hate those bastards

Red Hawk #21
07-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice move Heat. How about offering them different positions in what should be a growing organization.

It'd be messed up if they just let those guys go, but I think that's whats gunna happen.

21_Blessings
07-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Miami knows class.

Findog
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Miami knows class.

:lol

Jerry Buss would never do something like this, and the Lakers don't have problems selling tickets either.

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Findog, you boycotting too?..I hope so, your Lebron hate/Lakers jocking is becoming nauseating..you need a break to collect your thoughts and composure IMO..

King James is at an all-time high right now..Miami almost sold out season tickets before he even signed with the team, just the mention of his name set ticket records..Chris Paul is listening to every word out of Lebron's mouth, asking for advice..6 million + in charity + his annual Bike-a-Thon to support kids in Ohio..recruiting FAs to join him in Miami, forming a team that should easily win a title..

Not much else he can do so far..

JamStone
07-31-2010, 11:52 AM
LeBron does it for the kids.

He couldn't care less about grown adults losing their jobs.

DPG21920
07-31-2010, 11:59 AM
It's Lebron's fault they got let go by the organization?

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:01 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Findog and Jamstone believe that, they're both usually reaching when it comes to Lebron arguments..

TIMMYD!
07-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I hope they give them other jobs within the organization, it must be pretty fucked up to be let go for something you couldn't control after maybe being there for years.

Venti Quattro
07-31-2010, 12:05 PM
It's pretty fucked up but it's necessary. It's business and it's inefficient to keep people in departments or processes that can totally move without manpower. However I just hope the HEAT assist these people in finding new jobs.

redzero
07-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Findog, you boycotting too?..I hope so, your Lebron hate/Lakers jocking is becoming nauseating..you need a break to collect your thoughts and composure IMO..

King James is at an all-time high right now..Miami almost sold out season tickets before he even signed with the team, just the mention of his name set ticket records..Chris Paul is listening to every word out of Lebron's mouth, asking for advice..6 million + in charity + his annual Bike-a-Thon to support kids in Ohio..recruiting FAs to join him in Miami, forming a team that should easily win a title..

You think interfering in other players' careers is a good thing?

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:12 PM
You think interfering in other players' careers is a good thing?

Not necessarily..I was just speaking on the power that Lebron James possesses, in which he seems to be able to control the intentions of the best PG in the NBA..

Booharv
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Why the hell pay 30 people you don't need? So the Heat should run a charity employment company now?

JamStone
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
It's Lebron's fault they got let go by the organization?

No. It was a joke.

It wouldn't surprise me if Findog and Jamstone believe that, they're both usually reaching when it comes to Lebron arguments..

Not sure why you would think that when I rarely hate on LeBron. Would be one thing to suggest bias if I posted something about Michael Jordan. But for the last couple seasons, I've praised LeBron as the best player in the league, better than Kobe. I didn't even bash him all that much for leaving Cleveland, except for a few jokes about the Boys & Girls Club. But amusing coming from you, Mr. balanced and unbiased.

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Why the hell pay 30 people you don't need? So the Heat should run a charity employment company now?

That's the standard Lebron has set IMO..everybody knows him for that now..

Jloyola
07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
King James is at an all-time high right now..Miami almost sold out season tickets before he even signed with the team, just the mention of his name set ticket records..Chris Paul is listening to every word out of Lebron's mouth, asking for advice..6 million + in charity + his annual Bike-a-Thon to support kids in Ohio..recruiting FAs to join him in Miami, forming a team that should easily win a title.

why couldnt he do that in clev? :downspin:

Cane
07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
why couldnt he do that in clev? :downspin:

Not enough capspace and its....Cleveland?

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2010, 02:19 PM
lol how soon before lebron's homeboys take the jobs.

Basketballgirl25
07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
sucks for them, I bet they are now wishing Heat didn't get Lebron lol

21_Blessings
08-01-2010, 07:58 AM
:lol

Jerry Buss would never do something like this, and the Lakers don't have problems selling tickets either.

True. And the Lakers still employ a season ticket sales staff. :lol

Findog
08-01-2010, 09:30 AM
your Lebron hate/Lakers jocking is becoming nauseating..you need a break to collect your thoughts and composure IMO..

This is pretty ironic coming from somebody who knocks Kobe every chance he gets and has been licking LeBron's bunghole nonstop since "The Decision." All that butterscotch on your tongue is affecting your cognitive reasoning skills. LeBron is a great player. He also cheapened his legacy by agreeing to become Dwyane Wade's sidekick. It's a beta move for somebody who is supposed to be an alpha guy. If you don't like that viewpoint, you are more that welcome to block me. Your constant LeBron salad-tossing, whether trolling or sincere dumbassery, simply does not merit comment.

pauls931
08-01-2010, 09:32 AM
It would be nice to find other positions, but that's how business is. It's about money. They're lucky their jobs weren't replaced by Indians (dot not feather) previously.

The more I hear about the heat, the sicker I get. NBA stars are making so much money from endorsements and contracts a million here or there doesn't matter. Must be nice to have won the genetic lottery.

lotr1trekkie
08-01-2010, 10:59 AM
They don't need a coach either, apparently. Hear that Reilly!