PDA

View Full Version : I'm very worried...I'm not sure we will pull it off.

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Not giving up complete hope but:

1. PTS IN THE PAINT
Sonics-32
Spurs-28

2. FT%
Sonics- 5/8
Spurs-12/18

3. TURNOVERS
Seattle-5
Spurs-6

4. TONY PARKER
1 of 8 for 5pts

This is very reminiscent of last year's Lakers series.

There is a reason why the Spurs were 11pt favorites: because they should be.

Spurs not playing up to par.

Spurs STILL after 3 games have yet to figure out how to play the pick & roll.

Spurs are playing soft inside.

During the last championship run, we were strong in the paint, something we are not being right now. We also had great depth and to be honest, Speedy Claxton was a huge reason why we won that last championship as well as Manu. We don't have that kind of impact on the bench. Beno is no Speedy Claxton and Barry certainly is no Manu. It was our bench that won our championship when Jax & Parker played inconsistently.

I just don't get a sense of urgency from this team. Pop often talks about lack of mental preparation and unforced turnovers. But I feel part of that blame has to be with Pop because afterall, he is the coach that should keep his team focused, right? You would've thought after a loss like the last game the Spurs would come out more fired up. Not the case. Not only that, but San Antonio's relaxed effort that had resulted into Seattle wins have given Sonics an extreme boost of confidence.

I don't know. If we fall behind in the 3rd, I think we may lose the game.

And if we lose, it's going to be just like last year all over.

SpursFanDan
05-17-2005, 10:09 PM
If your not sure were going to pull it off.. then your giving up hope,.. its one half.

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
If your not sure were going to pull it off.. then your giving up hope,.. its one half.

"Not sure" = 50/50

Why?

Are you 100% sure we will win?

SpursFanDan
05-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm always 100 percent sure they'll win.. Im a true fan.. are those extinct?

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm always 100 percent sure they'll win.. Im a true fan.. are those extinct?

Well, you know I'm going to be throwing it in your face if we lose.

Right now, you're arrogant that we will win.

I'm just a fan that has doubts, which means 50/50.

Next.

SpursFanDan
05-17-2005, 10:17 PM
see.. I'm a die hard fan.. I was born and raised in san antonio, I've always been a spurs fan.. I think they are always going to win.. thats just my mentality... and if you'd like to throw it in my face.. be my guest. atleast I'll live and die why my team.

"next"

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 10:23 PM
see.. I'm a die hard fan.. I was born and raised in san antonio, I've always been a spurs fan.. I think they are always going to win.. thats just my mentality... and if you'd like to throw it in my face.. be my guest. atleast I'll live and die why my team.

"next"

No, you're just arrogant.

If you could comprehend normal engish, you would've understood that I didn't give up complete hope(read the beginning).

Next.

SpursFanDan
05-17-2005, 10:25 PM
lol.. alright man.. dont get mad. I'm just saying.. if arrogance means that I think my team is always going to win... then I'm arrogant.

SpursFanDan
05-17-2005, 10:28 PM
You're losing hope, you said so yourself
"I don't know. If we fall behind in the 3rd, I think we may lose the game.

And if we lose, it's going to be just like last year all over."

thats not something a fan would say... theres must be a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

ZStomp
05-17-2005, 10:28 PM
SpursFanDan....don't argue. not worth it. he/she should just get off line and turn off the TV.

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 10:39 PM
You're losing hope, you said so yourself
"I don't know. If we fall behind in the 3rd, I think we may lose the game.

And if we lose, it's going to be just like last year all over."

thats not something a fan would say... theres must be a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

Arrogance is being 100% sure. Nothing is 100%.

Like I said before, if you read correctly you would've understood that probability being if we were "behind" in the 3rd.

That being said, it looks like the Spurs are playing better...except Parker.

Leetonidas
05-17-2005, 10:41 PM
They could have 100 points in the paint but the way Manu is playing, I'm not worried.