PDA

View Full Version : Spurs swingman Malik Hairston(notes) asked the team to release him from the final

ducks
07-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Mike Monroe, San Antonio Express-News: "With an opportunity to make guaranteed money for two seasons with the Italian League's defending champion, Spurs swingman Malik Hairston(notes) asked the team to release him from the final, non-guaranteed season of his contract. Having signed free-agent swingman Gary Neal(notes) to a three-year contract last week, the Spurs on Thursday complied with the request. 'We valued Malik and had invested a lot in him, but this is an excellent opportunity for him and we were happy to honor his request,' said Spurs general manager R.C. Buford. Hairston must clear NBA waivers before he can sign a two-year deal with Montepaschi Siena, winner of the past four Italian League titles. Acquired on draft night 2008 in a swap of second-round picks with the Phoenix Suns - the Spurs sent the draft rights to point guard Goran Dragic(notes) to Phoenix - Hairston appeared in 62 Spurs games over the past two seasons. He split most of his time between the Spurs, where he averaged 2.4 points a game, and the club's NBA Development League team in Austin, where he averaged 24.9 points. 'We've enjoyed having Malik in our organization,' Buford said. 'He is a hard worker, a talented basketball player and an outstanding young man.'"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Suicide-lines-Rose-on-the-Bulls-Brown-heading-;_ylt=Al4N8ZZpfYoSFATYeODYZbq8vLYF?urn=nba-259269

spurs10
07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
R.C. sure seems like a class act..good luck Malik. This does have seem to speak to how they see Gee, Neal, and Anderson.

Behrooz24
07-31-2010, 04:31 PM
R.C. sure seems like a class act..good luck Malik. This does have seem to speak to how they see Gee, Neal, and Anderson.

Or how much Hairston sucks ass. Potayto, potahto.

ChumpDumper
07-31-2010, 04:33 PM
That still may be technically copying the E-N.

dbestpro
07-31-2010, 04:55 PM
In before the copyright lock/delete.

ducks
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
That still may be technically copying the E-N.

yahoo would be breaking the copyright laws not me
and all they said was their source was the en

but whatever the mods want to do is fine

ChumpDumper
07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Seeing as they run the advertising on mysa.com, it's probably safe to say Yahoo has permission, so maybe both Hearst and Yahoo can sue.

Nathan89
07-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Off topic:

Did I create some technical difficulties with the thread "Equality on Spurtalk"? I know the thread was getting a lot of post per view but damn I did not think it was that much. I did not expect Kori Ellis to be forced to take the thread off the site due to overload of activity. Or was this a deliberate act to silence the voice of the outcast, to further perpetuate the discrimination that the greys have worked long and hard to over come.

Where in the world did my thread go? Does this even happen? I thought threads just got locked. I need answers.

ducks
07-31-2010, 05:14 PM
pm kori

poop
07-31-2010, 05:18 PM
translation:

"after being called up and then reassigned to d-league 546 times the last few seasons, and doing nothing but warming the bench and watching flat footed scrubs play year after year despite solid contributions when i did actually play, i decided im tired of this shit"

BronxCowboy
07-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Off topic:

Indeed.

spurs1990
07-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Acquired on draft night 2008 in a swap of second-round picks with the Phoenix Suns - the Spurs sent the draft rights to point guard Goran Dragic to Phoenix

Ha! So we got Hairston for the same guy who dropped 30 points on the Spurs in the 4th quarter in game 3 during the Phoenix sweep.

Fate is cruel.

DesignatedT
07-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Ha! So we got Hairston for the same guy who dropped 30 points on the Spurs in the 4th quarter in game 3 during the Phoenix sweep.

Fate is cruel.

They gave us their 2nd rounder for last years draft also.... Which got us Blair. So it was pretty much Dragic for Hairston/Blair.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-31-2010, 10:04 PM
fuck dragic 1 good game dont mean shit wtf did he do after that 1 game huh not a goddamn thing malik>rj,dragic,bonner,bogans,mason

baseline bum
07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Good luck to Malik. I liked having him on the bench here, but the problem was he was super-glued to it.

YoMamaIsCallin
08-01-2010, 02:48 PM
This is an example of why NBA players consider San Antonio a good team to play for. They are treated fairly and with respect in situations like this.

Dex
08-01-2010, 03:26 PM
This is what happens when you keep a consummate professional like Finley around in the locker room too long.

:stirpot:

ChuckD
08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
This is what happens when you keep a consummate professional like Finley around in the locker room too long.

:stirpot:

?? Spurs have done this before Finley dropped his request this spring. IIRC, they let McClinton go last fall at his request before training camp so he could catch on in Europe.

lowdown
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
ohmwrecker, we don't truly know what the front office thinks but I was more referring to what move Malik (or his agent) would make once the Spurs signed Neal for 3 years as oppose to Malik's non-guaranteed contract. The Spurs are experimenting with the wings they will keep long term - that's why they invest in the Toros. What I don't believe is Gee being a simple replacement for Malik unless you mean he'll be another project who doesn't get any real playing time in the Association. The choice between Malik & Gee would of been sorted out in training camp/pre-season. Malik had to figure why risk being cut by a team that just gave guaranteed $ to Neal so he had to check all options.

bump