PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rock band?

Pages : [1] 2

TE
07-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Doesn't matter if it's old school or new school?

Discuss

leemajors
08-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Funkadelic.

CuckingFunt
08-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Of all time? Too hard to decide and my answer would change daily.

Of the last few years? Queens of the Stone Age. Probably.

Zelophehad
08-01-2010, 01:24 AM
I'd like to be more cool and indy, but the Beatles.

CubanSucks
08-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers

ynh
08-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Alice in Chains.

thedong
08-01-2010, 02:11 AM
The XX
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Metric
St. Vincent
TV on The Radio
Gnarls Barkley
Regina Spektor
The Dead Weather
MGMT
Paramore
The Sounds
Arctic Monkeys
Them Crooked Vultures
Bright Eyes
Broken Social Scene
Beach House
The Ting Tings
The Libertines

TE
08-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Incubus
Coldplay
Linkin Park
POD
Deftones
Team Sleep
Rage against the machine
Red
Hoobastank
Thousand Foot Krutch

CubanSucks
08-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Incubus as well. Of the more recent bands, Chevelle and The Killers

Sense
08-01-2010, 03:28 AM
They always change..... but if I had to choose and guess what Rock really means... I'd go with.

Radiohead
The Beatles
Oasis
Band of Horses
Arcade Fire
Pink Floyd
MGMT
Incubus
Caifanes/Jaguares

TE
08-01-2010, 03:36 AM
They always change..... but if I had to choose and guess what Rock really means... I'd go with.

Radiohead
The Beatles
Oasis
Band of Horses
Arcade Fire
Pink Floyd
MGMT
Incubus
Caifanes/Jaguares

You are a man of genius, any fan of Incubus gets a nod from me :toast

Stringer_Bell
08-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Failure is my favorite band, with "Fantastic Planet" being my favorite album. They totally revolutionized my taste in music and what I like to create whenever I get time to jam. I don't think many people know of them, so I'll kindly post a preview:

_cntLoJ8nCs

As far as a rock band that created a lot of albums and could be considered classic, Pavement would be my pick.

Frenzy
08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't mind giving new or old bands a chance. So if you guys would post your favorite song to go along with said band I would appreciate it. Even if your thinking "surely he has heard ______"

And one song....not a list. I don't care if you say well they are diverse..blah blah. I'm only listening to one :)

Frenzy
08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't mind giving new or old bands a chance. So if you guys would post your favorite song to go along with said band I would appreciate it. Even if your thinking "surely he has heard ______"

And one song....not a list. I don't care if you say well they are diverse..blah blah. I'm only listening to one :)

Muser
08-01-2010, 11:04 AM
<<<

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I like the second one.

redzero
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Incubus
Coldplay
Linkin Park
POD
Deftones
Team Sleep
Rage against the machine
Red
Hoobastank
Thousand Foot Krutch

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
08-01-2010, 12:04 PM
http://thealternakids.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/the-police-in-studio.jpg

Muser
08-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Linkin Park aren't a rock band, it's just some guy screaming like he needs a shit.

Strike
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
HIM - Love Metal is still my favorite album.
Led Zeppelin - IV and Physical Graffiti top my list.
Nine Inch Nails - Never forget the 1st time I heard Pretty Hate Machine.
Motley Crue - Always loved Theatre Of Pain and Girls, Girls, Girls.
Skid Row - The 1st album ranks in the top 5 all time for me.
The 69 Eyes - Paris Kills and the recent Back In Blood are fantastic.
Def Leppard - Pyromania. Enough said.
Metallica - I only listen to the 1st four albums. Everything else is shit.
No Doubt - Their last two albums weren't spectacular but Beacon Street Collection and Tragic Kingdom are two albums I can listen to from start to finish.

Cane
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
7xZOrWK6d4g

3jnQ3XVXMyk

JWnapx502uQ

BruceBowenFan
08-01-2010, 12:24 PM
No brainer here for me METALLICA.

Muser
08-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Heavy Metal then i've gotta go with Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is just awesome.

admiralsnackbar
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Guided by Voices

200 miles
08-01-2010, 01:20 PM
boston
van halen
queensryche
pearl jam
alice in chains
stone temple pilots
my chemical romance

JudynTX
08-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Ac dc

CubanSucks
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Ac dc

:vomit: :shootme

IronMexican
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I kinda like Radiohead.

benefactor
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Early Metallica is pretty hard to beat. It would be easier to choose one in each era.

TE
08-01-2010, 03:13 PM
well as I can see some of you all are biased as to what constitutes a rock band. no biggie...

Muser is pretty good, and so is radiohead.

Bands that you all would constitute as a rock band that I like would probably be
The Who

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles (Nah shit)

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Santana

Sly and the Family Stone

Jimi Hendrix

v2freak
08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
COLD, Bullet for my Valentine, FUEL

IronMexican
08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Muser isn't a band.

badfish22
08-01-2010, 03:57 PM
muse, radiohead, mgmt, pearl jam, chili peppers are all good newer ones.

Then of course the classics pink floyd, hendrix, beatles...

TE
08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Favorite song of all time

has to be Rage Against the Machine-Renegades of Funk

IronMexican
08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
muse, radiohead, mgmt, pearl jam, chili peppers are all good newer ones.

Then of course the classics pink floyd, hendrix, beatles...

>hahaohwow.jpg

badfish22
08-01-2010, 05:13 PM
>hahaohwow.jpg

lQ5lQzpgPho

imho

scott
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Definitely Rock Band 2

scott
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Failure is my favorite band, with "Fantastic Planet" being my favorite album. They totally revolutionized my taste in music and what I like to create whenever I get time to jam. I don't think many people know of them, so I'll kindly post a preview:

_cntLoJ8nCs

As far as a rock band that created a lot of albums and could be considered classic, Pavement would be my pick.

One of my faves too. Did you ever check out ON or Year of the Rabbit?

Sisk
08-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Definitely Rock Band 2

:lol

dirk4mvp
08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Heavy Metal then i've gotta go with Megadeth. Dave Mustaine is just awesome.

:tu :tu
I saw them/him on the Rust In Peace tour a few months ago. Pretty great, tbh imho. I also saw the Big 4 thing in theater, I still don't know why Slayer got to go on after Megadeth.

Mustaine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kerry King

3vUbds72gow

BruceBowenFan
08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
:tu :tu
I saw them/him on the Rust In Peace tour a few months ago. Pretty great, tbh imho. I also saw the Big 4 thing in theater, I still don't know why Slayer got to go on after Megadeth.

Mustaine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kerry King

i hate kerry king self righteous douche if you ask me.

redzero
08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
lol at Red Hot Chili Peppers being one of the newer bands. They've been around for almost 30 years.

dirk4mvp
08-01-2010, 08:06 PM
i hate kerry king self righteous douche if you ask me.

The only person that likes Kerry King is Kerry King.

hitmanyr2k
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Sevendust
NIN
Pearl Jam (first album only)
Stone Temple Pilots
Deftones
Incubus
Mad at Gravity
Foo Fighters

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Early Metallica is pretty hard to beat. It would be easier to choose one in each era.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty comical to me how people have just disregarded most of what they've done since the Black album, and even those that hate the Black album because it put them into the mainstream at a ridiculous level, because of their off-the-chart their douchebag levels once Load came around and they released the movie (what was left of their cool factor was just about annihilated after that). Black's definitely not my favorite album by any stretch but the production level and quality of song all the way through can't be denied if one's not being led like sheep.

I can't narrow it down to one. Metallica is always in the mix, as well as Pantera, Chains and I've always got my Nola (Down) at the ready -- love the old-school as well but I really don't feel like listing everything I listen to (and are we classifying Nails and Ministry as metal, or Tool for that matter? They're definitely in the mix if we are).

Big Empty
08-01-2010, 08:47 PM
my top ten in order:

1. Stone Temple Pilots
2. Motley Crue
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Jimi hendrix
5. Nirvana
6. Guns N Roses
7. Metallica
8. Rolling Stones
9. The Doors
10. SRV
11. ACDC

i like some new artist but not as much as the stuff I grew up to.

dirk4mvp
08-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, it's gotten pretty comical to me how people have just disregarded most of what they've done since the Black album, and even those that hate the Black album because it put them into the mainstream at a ridiculous level, because of their off-the-chart their douchebag levels once Load came around and they released the movie (what was left of their cool factor was just about annihilated after that). Black's definitely not my favorite album by any stretch but the production level and quality of song all the way through can't be denied if one's not being led like sheep.

Black Album is good, but if I never hear Enter Sandman again, I wouldn't be disappointed. Sad But True is a strong track.

hitmanyr2k
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Black Album is good, but if I never hear Enter Sandman again, I wouldn't be disappointed. Sad But True is a strong track.

One of my favorite tracks :lol

tiPy8pkyJyQ

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 09:03 PM

I can see that. I think the biggest problem most have with the Black album is its overexposure in some instances (Sandman definitely being a prime example) and the fact that the album took the band from being still somewhat obscure and out of the mainstream (Justice and "One" put them on the verge), to being this commercially successful and viable monster -- random douche was now aboard the Metallica train and even people like myself had a hard time stomaching that after their first 4 albums -- you never want to share with "The Douche."

Big Empty
08-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Gotta give Metallica their props. I believe they've sold more albums from 1986-current than any other rock act on the planet. There is a reason for that.

dirk4mvp
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I can see that. I think the biggest problem most have with the Black album is its overexposure in some instances (Sandman definitely being a prime example) and the fact that the album took the band from being still somewhat obscure and out of the mainstream (Justice and "One" put them on the verge), to being this commercially successful and viable monster -- random douche was now aboard the Metallica train and even people like myself had a hard time stomaching that after their first 4 albums -- you never want to share with "The Douche."

Brah don't get me wrong I like Metallica (although I only care for 2 songs on KEA). I would also add that the reason for people not caring for Metallica (besides it not being their type of music) is Lars Ulrich.

Gotta give Metallica their props. I believe they've sold more albums from 1986-current than any other rock act on the planet. There is a reason for that.
What is that reason?

Spursfan092120
08-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Gotta go with Incubus...this video still creeps me out at moments..

KoPlkmYaEQs

Big Empty
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
What is that reason?
Metallica makes good music

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Brah don't get me wrong I like Metallica (although I only care for 2 songs on KEA). I would also add that the reason for people not caring for Metallica (besides it not being their type of music) is Lars Ulrich.

Yeah, that would fall into the "Douche Era," as I've just coined it. :D

That was right around the releasing of Load and the Napster shit turned A LOT of people off. The Some Kind of Monster movie didn't help matters much, either.

I can't say I have a favorite album but Puppets seems to be the one I've got at the ready most. Lightning's got some great tracks, Justice has become underrated, imo, and Kill 'Em All will always have a warm place in my heart -- Jump in the Fire is forever my warm-up song when bustin' out the gui-tar.

JMarkJohns
08-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Constant rotation of Alice In Chains, Megadeth, and Pink Floyd

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Constant rotation of Alice In Chains, Megadeth, and Pink Floyd

Can't say that hasn't been a rotation of mine at one point or another. :tu

I've always loved Chains but it seems like I only become a bigger fan the more years pass by. Just a great all-around band.

Greg Oden
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that would fall into the "Douche Era," as I've just coined it. :D

That was right around the releasing of Load and the Napster shit turned A LOT of people off. The Some Kind of Monster movie didn't help matters much, either.

I can't say I have a favorite album but Puppets seems to be the one I've got at the ready most. Lightning's got some great tracks, Justice has become underrated, imo, and Kill 'Em All will always have a warm place in my heart -- Jump in the Fire is forever my warm-up song when bustin' out the gui-tar.

crofl Some Kind of Monster provided some major lulz

"let me choose my words carefully. your riffs are sounding a little stock to me"

lol Lars

tbh, it would be hard to pick a favorite Metallica song, but I would probably pick Fade To Black. Quality tune, imho.

JMarkJohns
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Can't say that hasn't been a rotation of mine at one point or another. :tu

I've always loved Chains but it seems like I only become a bigger fan the more years pass by. Just a great all-around band.

I could say this about each of the three. And yeah, totally understand about AIC. Every time I dig into Music Bank, I have a deeper appreciation for their ability to blend styles of guitar and vocals.

I can listen to one band one day and swear on my life that that band is tops, then the next day to the same for one of the other bands. All three are just so above anything else.

IronMexican
08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
lol Lars

tbh, it would be hard to pick a favorite Metallica song, but I would probably pick Fade To Black. Quality tune, imho.

Peace Sells is Metallica's best song, brah.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-01-2010, 10:29 PM
lol Muser being a band

Radiohead for me

TE
08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
lol Muser being a band

Radiohead for me

lol that's how I know them.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM
lol that's how I know them.

Know who?

mookie_crew
08-01-2010, 10:36 PM
too mainstream in here

SA210
08-01-2010, 10:36 PM
old school Guns N Roses

ynh
08-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Expand my list.

Alice in chains (even the new shit)
Smashing Pumpkins (minus the new shit)
Sublime
Marilyn Manson (antichrist superstar album)
Korn (first two albums)
Limp Bizkit (first album)
Cold (first album)
Metallica (anything but load, reload, and st anger)
White Stripes
The Dead Weather
Mother Love Bone

EmptyMan
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Metallica if they count as rock.

I work out to them.
I go to sleep listening to them. (srs)
I have never gotten tired of their songs going on maybe a decade for me.

I don't even hate on the later stuff. Death Magnetic hits pretty hard while lifting weights. Bleeding Me is my favorite song.

Also Alice in Chains and NIN.

IronMexican
08-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Expanding on Radiohead

Floyd
King Crimson
Genesis
Yes
AiC
Thom Yorke's solo career
And some indie hipster garbo

Spursfan092120
08-01-2010, 10:41 PM
too mainstream in here
what does mainstream have to do with people's favorite bands? As if we don't know any bands that aren't mainstream? Maybe we just prefer particular mainstream bands over bands that aren't.

TE
08-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Know who?

muse

ynh
08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
what does mainstream have to do with people's favorite bands? As if we don't know any bands that aren't mainstream? Maybe we just prefer particular mainstream bands over bands that aren't.

I know what youre talking about.. I have friends that are like that.. they think the most obscure and unheard of band they can be a fan of means they have a better understanding of music and better musical tastes. One of my friend will go as far as he can to try and never like any band that goes on the radio.. and once one of his favorite bands that he finds that is unheard of goes on he gives them up.

Never seen a problem with mainstream.. typically minus a couple of bands I like whatever they put on a rock station.

mookie_crew
08-01-2010, 10:48 PM

so you cant level it off at non mainstream maninstream bands but you have to be mega gay about it and like mainstream mainstream bands?

TE
08-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I know what youre talking about.. I have friends that are like that.. they think the most obscure and unheard of band they can be a fan of means they have a better understanding of music and better musical tastes. One of my friend will go as far as he can to try and never like any band that goes on the radio.. and once one of his favorite bands that he finds that is unheard of goes on he gives them up.

Never seen a problem with mainstream.. typically minus a couple of bands I like whatever they put on a rock station.

my favorite band that is not/wasn't ever mainstream is Simon Says/Key To Arson, they're damn good and would probably bukkake alot of the mainstream shit that is going on right now.

EmptyMan
08-01-2010, 10:52 PM

The guys that bitch about "mainstream blah blah blah" are the douches. Who gives a fuck. The music is the music.

Discography + Shuffle all = good times

hitmanyr2k
08-01-2010, 10:55 PM
The guys that bitch about "mainstream blah blah blah" are the douches. Who gives a fuck. The music is the music.

Agreed. Everybody wants to label music this and that....mainstream, non-mainstream, metalcore, death metal, blah blah blah. Fuckin music nerds :lol Seems like a complete waste of time to me.

Spursfan092120
08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
so you cant level it off at non mainstream maninstream bands but you have to be mega gay about it and like mainstream mainstream bands?
Not saying that at all..very hypocritical of you, mookie...you're saying that I'm leveling it off at non mainstream mainstream bands, but saying I'm being mega gay by liking mainstream bands. I don't have a problem with non mainstream bands...but to say "it's too mainstream in here," putting off a vibe that mainstream sucks, is just plain nonconformist..and that has always irked the shit out of me...no offense..

Spursfan092120
08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Agreed. Everybody wants to label music this and that....mainstream, non-mainstream, metalcore, death metal, blah blah blah. Fuckin music nerds :lol Seems like a complete waste of time to me.
:tu

TE
08-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Expand my list.

Alice in chains (even the new shit)
Smashing Pumpkins (minus the new shit)
Sublime
Marilyn Manson (antichrist superstar album)
Korn (first two albums)
Limp Bizkit (first album)
Cold (first album)
Metallica (anything but load, reload, and st anger)
White Stripes
The Dead Weather
Mother Love Bone

imho, the Chocolate Starfish album is their best album (on account of a personal bias that I grew up listening to that album)

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 11:11 PM
crofl Some Kind of Monster provided some major lulz

"let me choose my words carefully. your riffs are sounding a little stock to me"

lol Lars

Personally, I enjoyed the movie for those reasons, as well as just seeing behind the scenes, as disappointing as their douchedom and emo-fest was.

But I have a hard enough time picking an album much less a song. That really does depend on the day/mood or whatever I'm in the mood to fuck around with on the gui-tar -- I love playing Call of Ktulu, Jump in the Fire and Am I Evil as my "Hey, look at me, brah!" riffs, so I guess we all have our inner douche.

I could say this about each of the three. And yeah, totally understand about AIC. Every time I dig into Music Bank, I have a deeper appreciation for their ability to blend styles of guitar and vocals.

I can listen to one band one day and swear on my life that that band is tops, then the next day to the same for one of the other bands. All three are just so above anything else.

It was great back then but there was a lot of good shit around it as well, so I don't think I truly appreciated it the way I do now. When you look at the music over the last decade or so, you can't help but realize how good that shit was back then. The pickings be pretty terrible theses days.

Had AIC come out today they'd either rule the world or never get played, and I'd venture to guess the latter might win out. They're too musiciany and stuff. :downspin:

I'm not sure if that was a great little jab at Metallica with a Mustain reference, you being facetious or if you just don't know.

I support it. :tu

Greg Oden
08-01-2010, 11:17 PM

Personally, I enjoyed the movie for those reasons, as well as just seeing behind the scenes, as disappointing as their douchedom and emo-fest was.

But I have a hard enough time picking an album much less a song. That really does depend on the day/mood or whatever I'm in the mood to fuck around with on the gui-tar -- I love playing Call of Ktulu, Jump in the Fire and Am I Evil as my "Hey, look at me, brah!" riffs, so I guess we all have our inner douche.

tbh, that's not inner douchey at all, imho. I can't remember how many times I've had to hear really bad renditions of Enter Sandman or One at guitar center.

I'm not sure if that was a great little jab at Metallica with a Mustain reference, you being facetious or if you just don't know.

I support it. :tu

tbh, IronBeaner knows I have a big rubbery one for Dave Mustaine. I count down the days till his book comes out.

But you mean to tell me you didn't like Pantera's first album "So Far, So Good, So What" ?

JMarkJohns
08-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Megadeth and Mustaine are pissed at you right now.

Greg Oden
08-01-2010, 11:29 PM
He probably wouldn't be now, tbh.

JMarkJohns
08-01-2010, 11:32 PM
He probably wouldn't be now, tbh.

Touché

Probably right as of now. I'd still be pissed.

JamStone
08-01-2010, 11:33 PM
When it comes to rock when I actually listened to it (early to mid 1990s), I was pretty conventional and mainstream. I liked Pearl Jam and GNR and RATM and RHCP, although I started listening to the Peppers as early as Uplift Mofo Party Plan, which is highly underrated and stopped listening to them when they experimented with Dave Navarro at guitar. Although I did like Jane's Addiction a lot as well.

But the one rock band (if you can call them that) that I still really like to listen to now is Sublime. But since it's a lot more mellow with the ska/dub rock and reggae styles with most of their songs, not sure they're in this category. I like a lot of Slightly Stoopid's music too. I would think a lot of real "rockers" out there look down at these types of bands being called "rock bands" but I really dig the reggae rock.

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 11:35 PM
tbh, that's not inner douchey at all, imho. I can't remember how many times I've had to hear really bad renditions of Enter Sandman or One at guitar center.

It's kind of douchey to be honest. I kinda feel like a coffee house snob or some shit. People ask "Whoa, man, did you write that? or "Dude, your fingers are like a blur!" and I'm like "I didn't notice, brah. I'm just doin' what I'm supposed to do, tbh."

tbh, IronBeaner knows I have a big rubbery one for Dave Mustaine. I count down the days till his book comes out.

But you mean to tell me you didn't like Pantera's first album "So Far, So Good, So What" ?

Gotcha. Yeah, "So Far, So Good, So What" was pretty righteous. Tom Araya slayed the vocals. It's not my favorite Pantera album, that's between "Practice What You Preach" and "Souls of Black," but it's up there. :tu

Testament's "Vulgar Display of Power" is pretty righteous as well, now that I think about it.

JamStone
08-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Never really listened to Megadeth. But I downloaded the instrumental version of Vortex and that song kicks ass.

Greg Oden
08-01-2010, 11:43 PM
It's kind of douchey to be honest. I kinda feel like a coffee house snob or some shit. People ask "Whoa, man, did you write that? or "Dude, your fingers are like a blur!" and I'm like "I didn't notice, brah. I'm just doin' what I'm supposed to do, tbh."

Gotcha. Yeah, "So Far, So Good, So What" was pretty righteous. Tom Araya slayed the vocals. It's not my favorite Pantera album, that's between "Practice What You Preach" and "Souls of Black," but it's up there. :tu

Testament's "Vulgar Display of Power" is pretty righteous as well, now that I think about it.

tbh, if you dig those albums, try out Machine Head's South of Heaven. The single from the album, Antisocial, is a great song, imho.

Never really listened to Megadeth. But I downloaded the instrumental version of Vortex and that song kicks ass.]

It does, tbh. Mustaine knows his way around a riff.

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 11:46 PM
When it comes to rock when I actually listened to it (early to mid 1990s), I was pretty conventional and mainstream. I liked Pearl Jam and GNR and RATM and RHCP, although I started listening to the Peppers as early as Uplift Mofo Party Plan, which is highly underrated and stopped listening to them when they experimented with Dave Navarro at guitar. Although I did like Jane's Addiction a lot as well.

But the one rock band (if you can call them that) that I still really like to listen to now is Sublime. But since it's a lot more mellow with the ska/dub rock and reggae styles with most of their songs, not sure they're in this category. I like a lot of Slightly Stoopid's music too. I would think a lot of real "rockers" out there look down at these types of bands being called "rock bands" but I really dig the reggae rock.

I'm actually pretty eclectic in my musical tastes.

I was a pretty staunch metalhead for a good portion of my life but I grew up on all of the old-school stuff, anywhere from Motown to straight-up blues.

I dug Pearl Jam's "Ten," I'm a big fan of GNR, I like Rage (not love), RHCP is fine by me and Sublime's got some really good shit when you're in that frame of mind.

I'm just a fan of real musicianship. Stuff that genuinely comes from the individual and isn't contrived to sell a record or sound the way the music industry deems necessary. I just want the music to have a soul, for lack of a better term.

Blackjack
08-01-2010, 11:50 PM
tbh, if you dig those albums, try out Machine Head's South of Heaven. The single from the album, Antisocial, is a great song, imho.

Will do. :tu

And just a suggestion, since we seem to share some similar tastes, you've got to check out Down's "Baby Got Back," Chuck D tears the roof of the track "War Ensemble," tbh.

redzero
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM
:lmao at people actually liking Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit pass the age of 14.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Newsboys--y'all can hate all you want lol

v18H_PhMtTw

Ignignokt
08-02-2010, 12:16 AM
loved bands:
Metallica
Pearl Jam post Ten pre Riot Act
Radiohead
Deftones
Incubus
NIN
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Stone Temple Pilots
Foreigner
Tears for Fears
Foo Fighters
SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue October

Fallen from grace:
Muse
Creed after half of Human Clay
Tool
Green Day

Absolutely Hate:
LED ZEPELLIN
AC/DC
Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Suck cept for maybe a few songs.
Most 70's rock.

CubanSucks
08-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Absolutely Hate:
LED ZEPELLIN
Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Suck cept for maybe a few songs.
Most 70's rock.

kill yourself

Frenzy
08-02-2010, 12:35 AM

I'm sure they don't care.

TE
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM

You are a big idiot, some of us on this board actually grew up listening to this shit.

Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit aren't all that bad if you actually sat down to listen to them without such a biased fucking opinion on what constitutes a rock band.

... Music transforms over time and well you had Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit as bands leading new music that surfaced late 90's and surged as the 00's went on.

Sometimes you got to live with the fact that these bands are actually good, and not as bad as your subjective mind thinks they are.

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Has there not been one Sabbath or Motorhead mention?

redzero
08-02-2010, 12:52 AM
You are a big idiot, some of us on this board actually grew up listening to this shit.

Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit aren't all that bad if you actually sat down to listen to them without such a biased fucking opinion on what constitutes a rock band.

... Music transforms over time and well you had Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit as bands leading new music that surfaced late 90's and surged as the 00's went on.

Sometimes you got to live with the fact that these bands are actually good, and not as bad as your subjective mind thinks they are.

I don't care what kind of band Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park is. They suck ass really, really bad, which is why nobody but immature pricks listen to them.

You should have grown out of this shit.

TE
08-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't care what kind of band Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park is. They suck ass really, really bad, which is why nobody but immature pricks listen to them.

You should have grown out of this shit.

what are you forty fucking five? and if you aren't, and you are young, did you ever crawl out of your dad's basement to hear new rock that surfaced in the early 00's? seriously, you are an idiot if you don't commend Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park for at least being decent...

quit talking shit and listen to these bands before becoming pathetically boastful.

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't care for Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park, tbh, but to each their own.

Definitely two bands that will have their fans from the people that grew up around that time, as they made some catchy shit and had their merits, but I don't see anyone really speaking to their musical genius years from now. They were just among a pretty weak batch of groups, iibh.

But that's me.

Besides, we're not talking about who's the best of all-time, just your favorites.

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:02 AM
seriously, you are an idiot if you don't commend Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park for at least being decent...

Then group me with the countless other "idiots" who think Chocolate Starfish is one of the worse (if no the worst) albums of all time.

quit talking shit and listen to these bands before becoming pathetically boastful.

I have listened to them, which is why I say that they suck and are for babies. Too bad you still think that they have redeeming qualities long after the point that you should have known better.

TE
08-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Then group me with the countless other "idiots" who think Chocolate Starfish is one of the worse (if no the worst) albums of all time.

I have listened to them, which is why I say that they suck and are for babies. Too bad you still think that they have redeeming qualities long after the point that you should have known better.

:rollin

Lol this is going nowhere.

How about we discuss what we both similarly like?

Fucking gay...

I still hate you

:rollin

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Well, I like good bands and you apparently like dated rap rock that little kids in the 90's/early 00's used to think was good before they grew up.

TE
08-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Well, I like good bands and you apparently like dated rap rock that little kids in the 90's/early 00's used to think was good before they grew up.

The bands you like are probably bands that I like, tbh. I appreciate anything that is played with a nice riff, and the lyrics are just a plus.

ynh
08-02-2010, 01:38 AM
imho, the Chocolate Starfish album is their best album (on account of a personal bias that I grew up listening to that album)

Guitar wise I would most definitly agree with you. My biggest issue with Chocolate is the lyrics are pretty lazy to me. That is my second favorite Limp album.. love playing the songs of that album on the guitar.

Similar to you I probably like the first more so because that is what I first grew up on.. My first concert was Family Values (the first one) and I just remember that album being so different and raw from what I was hearing at the time that it stuck to me.

ynh
08-02-2010, 01:39 AM
BTW as far as most hated band that has to go to Green Day and Pearl Jam.. Pearl Jam in particular because I didn't like them before but hate them even more now because the Indianapolis rock station seems to think every 4th song must be a Pearl Jam song.

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:40 AM
BTW as far as most hated band that has to go to Green Day and Pearl Jam.. Pearl Jam in particular because I didn't like them before but hate them even more now because the Indianapolis rock station seems to think every 4th song must be a Pearl Jam song.

Then don't listen to the radio and use your mp3 player or CDs instead.

ynh
08-02-2010, 01:41 AM
There is so much going on when you like a song.. Personally I love 90's rock and I'm pretty stuck on it but Music isn't just about the song but is also about the time and moments that you remember when you were listening to it.. it takes you back.. perhaps that is living in the past IDK but IDC.

ynh
08-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Then don't listen to the radio and use your mp3 player or CDs instead.

I generally do.. but at the same time I don't have my MP3 player with me all the time so I do end up listening to radio sometimes. Often I'll take my Itouch in the house and forget to take it back out with my in the car.

TE
08-02-2010, 01:47 AM
There is so much going on when you like a song.. Personally I love 90's rock and I'm pretty stuck on it but Music isn't just about the song but is also about the time and moments that you remember when you were listening to it.. it takes you back.. perhaps that is living in the past IDK but IDC.

Agreed. :hat:hat:hat:hat

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 01:47 AM
When people talk about Limp Bizkit being groundbreaking or whatnot, this is what immediately comes to mind:

CEwKCu0P89c

And of course, Judgment Night

zIOXq5-DaO0&feature=related

pfFD709OtFM

t0JKWeYcwNY&feature=related

sBGEYJF8nJY&feature=related

YfTg4Fcza58&feature=related

ynh
08-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Groudbreaking more so to how raw the guitar sounded.. At least to me.. I agree it had nothing to do with mixing rap with rock.

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:51 AM
I love Faith No More, but I hate the fact that they influenced shit bands like Limp Bizkit and Korn.

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 01:56 AM
This was actually left off the soundtrack. Unmastered but it still gets it done.

5Cck2aYE6P8

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:01 AM
The Pixies
The Flaming Lips
Modest Mouse
LadyTron
Interpol
Bloc Party
The Kooks
The Strokes
Groove Armanda
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band
Spoon
Vampire Weekend

Classics:
The Beatles
Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Anyone from TX going to Austin City Limits?
I went to Coachella this year, but for some reason I like ACL's lineup better.

The Eagles (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-eagles)
Muse (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/muse-2)
Phish (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/phish)

The Strokes (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-strokes-2)
M.I.A. (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/m-i-a)
Flaming Lips (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/flaming-lips)

LCD Soundsystem (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/lcd-soundsystem-2)
Spoon (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/spoon-2)
Vampire Weekend (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/vampire-weekend-2)
Norah Jones (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/norah-jones-2)

Band of Horses (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/band-of-horses-2)
Monsters of Folk (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/monsters-of-folk-2)
Deadmau5 (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/deadmau5)
Sonic Youth (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/sonic-youth-2)
Gogol Bordello (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/gogol-bordello-2)
The National (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-national-2-2)
Robert Earl Keen (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/robert-earl-keen)
The Black Keys (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-black-keys-2)
Broken Bells (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/broken-bells-2)
Yeasayer (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/yeasayer-2)
Pat Green (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/pat-green-2)
Slightly Stoopid (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/slightly-stoopid-2)
The xx (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-xx)
Silversun Pickups (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-silversun-pickups)
Beach House (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/beach-house)
The Sword (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/the-sword)
Matt and Kim (http://2010.aclfestival.com/band/matt-and-kim)

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails are "old school" while "The" Pixies and The Flaming Lips aren't?

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 02:05 AM

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails are "old school" while "The" Pixies and The Flaming Lips aren't?

I meant classics, I consider Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails a step above The Pixies and The Flaming Lips.

and LOL Limp Bizkit.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:13 AM
I love Faith No More, but I hate the fact that they influenced shit bands like Limp Bizkit and Korn.

:sigh:

and the hate continues

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:15 AM
If you stopped listening to shitty Nu Metal, we wouldn't have this problem.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:17 AM
If you stopped listening to shitty Nu Metal, we wouldn't have this problem.

How about we settle this by not speaking about it at all? Shitty Nu Metal or not, I think we can both agree that anything is better than Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and any of that shit that readily plays on the radio.

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I dug the first Korn album and a few of their songs after, but mostly their self-titled.

Faith No More was just ahead of their time. They're another band who I only grow to appreciate more the further we get away from their heyday.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Gaga >>>> Limp Bizkit.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Lady Gaga as an artist pwns Fred Douche Durst.

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Lady Gaga as an artist pwns Fred Douche Durst.

That's not saying much.

And Gaga's a man.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7230/gagaface.gif (http://img715.imageshack.us/i/gagaface.gif/)

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:31 AM
That's not saying much.

And Gaga's a man.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7230/gagaface.gif (http://img715.imageshack.us/i/gagaface.gif/)

Lady Gaga can headline Lollapaloza, Coachella, Bonnarro, and Glastobury and still get the respect of her peers, Limp Bizkit on the other hand, not so much.

Fun Lady Gaga fact: I never heard this bitch lip sync, ever....The lady is a worker, give respect where respect is due.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Kk7x1J003p8

Respect sons, respect.... :toast

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Fun Lady Gaga fact: I never heard this bitch lip sync, ever....The lady is a worker, give respect where respect is due.

If only the ability to sing well and the ability to make great songs were synonymous.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:38 AM
lol Redzero and thedong jerking each other off while listening to Lady Gage... Shame on you both and full nelson on you amateurs.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:40 AM
all i know, is both you fucktards can disagree with me, but these 200,000 million true Rock fans wouldn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-9EWJYru4

TE
08-02-2010, 02:42 AM
all i know, is both you fucktards can disagree with me, but these 200,000 million true Rock fans wouldn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-9EWJYru4

correction: 200,000 in attendance, typoooo

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Bitch, I'll tell you this.

Rage Against The Machine....awesome

Linkin Park...I respect...loved the remix they did with Jay-Z

But Limp Fucking Bizkit???? They're at the bottom of the std pool along with Insane Clown Posse.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Rock doesn't necessarily means loud noises, and screaming voices.

Regina Spektor pwns Fred Durst as a rockstar.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Bitch, I'll tell you this.

Rage Against The Machine....awesome

Linkin Park...I respect...loved the remix they did with Jay-Z

But Limp Fucking Bizkit???? They're at the bottom of the std pool along with Insane Clown Posse.

What's your favorite song from RATM?

I really want to hear this

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:46 AM
lol Redzero and thedong jerking each other off while listening to Lady Gage... Shame on you both and full nelson on you amateurs.

lol complete lack of reading comprehension. I never said I like Lady Gaga.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:48 AM
What's your favorite song from RATM?

I really want to hear this

Testify
Killing in The Name
and Bulls on Parade

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:50 AM
fgfXnU0Eqz0

EVWWt5AjiSA

TE
08-02-2010, 02:51 AM
lol complete lack of reading comprehension. I never said I like Lady Gaga.

Well isn't is ironic for you to be using Lady Gage for comparisons to Fred Durst, that, and I speak for probably the majority of humanity who has heard both these musicians, is demeaning to the civilized world.

I assume you like Lady Gaga or approve of her ideally over the musician that is Fred Durst.

Last off, if you haven't gotten the message....:

Don't ever compare Lady Gaga to anything relating to Rock. It's truly demeaning.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Testify
Killing in The Name
and Bulls on Parade

Cliched...

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Cliched...

I never said I was a big fan, I just think their music awesome, the ones Ive heard, atleast.

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Well isn't is ironic for you to be using Lady Gage for comparisons to Fred Durst, that, and I speak for probably the majority of humanity who has heard both these musicians, is demeaning to the civilized world.

I assume you like Lady Gaga or approve of her ideally over the musician that is Fred Durst.

Last off, if you haven't gotten the message....:

Don't ever compare Lady Gaga to anything relating to Rock. It's truly demeaning.

When did I compare Lady Gaga to Fred Durst?

Listening to Limp Bizkit has made you retarded.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:56 AM

No, listening to Limp Bizkit has made me hate arrogant retarded fucks like yourself. It's truly sad how you attempted to debase Limp Bizkit's value with comparisons to Lady Gaga. Please dude... Stop being delusional.
:ihit

TE
08-02-2010, 02:57 AM
I never said I was a big fan, I just think their music awesome, the ones Ive heard, atleast.

Fair enough...

Must I say, listen to their other tracks, especially in the later albums. They're truly good.

thedong
08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
pjBhQtc8iTs

M7QSkI6My1g

Allison >>>> Freddy Durst.

TE
08-02-2010, 02:59 AM

Lol, in Fred's philosophy...

You are a nookie.

Enough said, I'm done mocking you.

See how nice I am?
:king

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:01 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBo7dukkVErjM3NtS-Vo4Ptg2YPNK2fTHrKRqMozzliDXpx3U&t=1&usg=__g3XFiZWmTj-orHDsgUscPJainTA=

>he thinks I can make Limp Bizkit out to be worse than they already are
>he thinks I compared Limp Bizkit to Lady Gaga

And saying that Limp Bizkit is better than Lady Gaga is like saying that being hanged is better than being electrocuted. Now I'm comparing Limp Bizkit to Lady Gaga.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:02 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBo7dukkVErjM3NtS-Vo4Ptg2YPNK2fTHrKRqMozzliDXpx3U&t=1&usg=__g3XFiZWmTj-orHDsgUscPJainTA=

>he thinks I can make Limp Bizkit out to be worse than they already are
>he thinks I compared Limp Bizkit to Lady Gaga

And saying that Limp Bizkit is better than Lady Gaga is like saying that being hanged is better than being electrocuted. Now I'm comparing Limp Bizkit to Lady Gaga.

:lmao

Love the sarcasm

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:04 AM
I didn't know that retards could comprehend sarcasm. I figured that higher thinking went away after one willingly listened to a Limp Bizkit album more than once.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Trigger is watching that Dead Weather video as we speak, and saying wow.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:06 AM
I didn't know that retards could comprehend sarcasm. I figured that higher thinking went away after one willingly listened to a Limp Bizkit album more than once.

Nah actually, "retarded" fucks like myself comprehend weak sarcasm from severely troubled minded fucks like yourself.

Trust me, higher thinking has nothing to do with this.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:08 AM
For what's it worth, I kinda like the song 'Breakstuff'....

TE
08-02-2010, 03:09 AM
Trigger is watching that Dead Weather video as we speak, and saying wow.

wow!
:wow

You have truly caught my attention thedong.
:bang

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:10 AM
I don't think that somebody who thinks that Limp Bizkit is a good band or that Fred Durst is talented, has any right to call somebody else "troubled minded."

TE
08-02-2010, 03:13 AM
I don't think that somebody who thinks that Limp Bizkit is a good band or that Fred Durst is talented, has any right to call somebody else "troubled minded."

Dude wtf is "Space, I believe in?"

Please tell me it's something legit, or I will cyber fuck your irony to death.

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Dude wtf is "Space, I believe in?"

Please tell me it's something legit, or I will cyber fuck your irony to death.

Google it, retard.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:15 AM
M89qz4aWbBo

Them Crooked Vultures

Dave Grohl - drums
Josh Hommme from the Queen of the Stone Age - guitar and vocals
and John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.

The 2nd half of this song is amazing.

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:17 AM
thedong, do you have a last.fm? I think you're an unbearable asshole, but you seem to have similar tastes as I do.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:20 AM
thedong, do you have a last.fm? I think you're an unbearable asshole, but you seem to have similar tastes as I do.

LOL, thanks but I don't, since I usually use playlist.com.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Google it, retard.

Lol, what kind of shit is this? I youtubed it and I got the ugliest attempted 50 second intro riff, then a weird ass song that sprouts after this ugly ass riff, headlined by a sorry ass singer? Seriously, anyone who probably likes this as much as yourself, needs to enter him/herself to some music mental asylum.

I feel like I am typing to a guy who is getting a laugh out of literally ridiculing me, all the while he proudly lists this shit that he calls music on his ST account.

Wow, I feel retarded just for that.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:23 AM
-c3Pk5wvac8

I fought the war, but the war wont stop for the love of God.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:25 AM
-c3Pk5wvac8

I fought the war, but the war wont stop for the love of God.

This isn't rock dude.

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:29 AM
This isn't rock dude.

It's a remix, here is the original version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJqOQrBi2g

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Pixies albums ratings on rateyourmusic.com out of five:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1604/pixiesratings.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/i/pixiesratings.jpg/)

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/pixies

Limp Bizkit albums ratings on rateyourmusic.com out of five:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7589/limpbizkit.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/i/limpbizkit.jpg/)

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/limp_bizkit

Can't these mentally disturbed people see that Limp Bizkit is one of the best bands of all time? :cry They all think Limp Bizkit sucks. :depressed

thedong
08-02-2010, 03:33 AM
[QUePg1tbia9Bg

Last video i'll post, but this song is EARGASSSMS. One of the best live songs, along with Knights of Cydonia.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Pixies albums ratings on rateyourmusic.com out of five:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1604/pixiesratings.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/i/pixiesratings.jpg/)

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/pixies

Limp Bizkit albums ratings on rateyourmusic.com out of five:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7589/limpbizkit.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/i/limpbizkit.jpg/)

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/limp_bizkit

Can't these mentally disturbed people see that Limp Bizkit is one of the best bands of all time? :cry They all think Limp Bizkit sucks. :depressed

Lol at you actually digging up album ratings. Do you actually go by album ratings to help you decide what's worth listening to? These retards are probably your age and probably don't have a feel for what it was to grow up with Fred Durst's music.

Get a clue, what is the age difference in this cyber discussion between me and you? Like 20-25 years?

:hat

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Lol at you actually digging up album ratings. Do you actually go by album ratings to help you decide what's worth listening to? These retards are probably your age and probably don't have a feel for what it was to grow up with Fred Durst's music.

Get a clue, what is the age difference in this cyber discussion between me and you? Like 20-25 years?

:hat

Dude, I am nowhere near 45 years old. I just don't make excuses for one of the worst bands ever because I grew up listening to them and won't admit that they are crap.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Dude, I am nowhere near 45 years old. I just don't make excuses for one of the worst bands ever because I grew up listening to them and won't admit that they are crap.

No they aren't crap.

Some of their tracks I agree make no lyrical sense whatsoever, but nonetheless SOME of their tracks are good, and actually have meaning.

This combined with Wes Borland's clever genius drives me to like Limp Bizkit.

ynh
08-02-2010, 03:52 AM
The Pixies
The Flaming Lips
Modest Mouse
LadyTron
Interpol
Bloc Party
The Kooks
The Strokes
Groove Armanda
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band
Spoon
Vampire Weekend

Classics:
The Beatles
Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails

Bloc Part! Great pick.. amazing drummer.

redzero
08-02-2010, 03:53 AM
This combined with Wes Borland's clever genius drives me to like Limp Bizkit.

That and the fact that you were dropped on your head as a child.

It won't matter in the end, because nobody will be talking about Limp Bizkit in ten years. Nobody will remember Fred Durst's lame ass.

TE
08-02-2010, 03:56 AM

It won't matter in the end, because nobody will be talking about Limp Bizkit in ten years. Nobody will remember Fred Durst's lame ass.

Lol hater in the house.

Live in your own little world dude.

If you don't like Limp Bizkit then don't talk about them dumbass, obviously other people have opinions of their own and would otherwise engage in this discussion against you.

just please, stfu and continue to waste your time in otherwise odd and weird pixie tracks.

ynh
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM

I doubt that. Hate them or not they were one of the biggest bands for a good 5-6 year period.. and 5 years after they put out a decent (slightly decent because I hated Results may vary.. not even going to mention their last real album) we are talking about them right now.

You can hate them all you want but it doesn't change the fact they were influencial and the fact they were for a period of time the biggest thing out there.

I understand though.. Limp Bizkit and bands like Linkin Park.. for some reason they are the bands the wide audience goes crazy over and then 5 years later want to act like they hated them and never listened to them (not lumping you into that)

Kinda like the Nickleback.. Buck Cherry.. Kid Rock.. Eminem (started to get that way) affect, if you will. You aren't cool unless you hate them.

redzero
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
just please, stfu and continue to waste your time in otherwise odd and weird pixie tracks.

Typical retard. Everything that isn't Nu Metal is "odd and weird." Maybe if you spent some time listening to music other than rap rock aimed at 12-year-olds, you'd have a better appreciation for one of the top 5 bands of the 80's.

JMarkJohns
08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
I was in high school when Korn, Limp Bizkit, Lincoln Park and Staind took over the radio.

They sucked then, they suck now. Any value Korn had is gone with the knowledge their "discovery" was Fred Fuckin' Durst, who took a massive shit in the rock music punch bowl, and who went on to "discover" Staind, who were equally as bad.

The entire NuMetal genre offered very little in the long run. Terrible music, terrible lyrics, with lead singers who took their shit way too seriously, as if it was a movement changing the scene for the better, and not for the worse.

They were clowns. The whole lot of them.

And, DAMN!, Blackjack, great late 80s/early 90s rap/rock collaborations! Own several of them songs, and will look to purchase a few more after listening to those clips.

leemajors
08-02-2010, 09:34 AM
When people talk about Limp Bizkit being groundbreaking or whatnot, this is what immediately comes to mind:

CEwKCu0P89c

And of course, Judgment Night

zIOXq5-DaO0&feature=related

pfFD709OtFM

t0JKWeYcwNY&feature=related

sBGEYJF8nJY&feature=related

YfTg4Fcza58&feature=related

Timezone was way ahead of the curve with hip-hop rock fusion:

93HWraYnSFc

Unsurprisingly, Bill Laswell was the producer. He was also the producer behind Praxis, who put out Transmutation in 92:

KUL_gcHv0EA

Cry Havoc
08-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I love music debates like this.

Every single time a thread like this occurs, you have a one person posting to rip everyone who has a different taste in music, but will never go so far as to post their own favorite bands.

7 pages of posts, and we haven't seen a single "favorite rock band" from redzero, just a dozen-plus posts of condescension and smug superiority.

So how about it? Show off your superior taste, RZ. Maybe you'll actually make a post concerning the thread topic.

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 10:30 AM
lol thedong. the chick from la roux >> lady gaga

nu metal was one of the worst music fads ever.

Cry Havoc
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
nu metal was one of the worst music fads ever.

Agree for the most part. Nu Metal is generally horrible, but there are always a few exceptions to the rule. Rage is amazing, and a great live show as well.

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Agreed for the most part. Nu Metal is generally horrible, but there are always a few exceptions to the rule. Rage is amazing, and a great live show as well.

I don't care for them, but I don't have a problem with RATM. I mean bands more like POD and Papa Roach.

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Anyone listen to the new Arcade Fire album yet? Pretty fucking good so far.

And an 8.6 from the messiah

redzero
08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone listen to the new Arcade Fire album yet? Pretty fucking good so far.

And an 8.6 from the messiah

I will get around to it. I honestly don't see the appeal of Arcade Fire, though.

Cry Havoc
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't care for them, but I don't have a problem with RATM. I mean bands more like POD and Papa Roach.

http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/mayhem/bands.asp

Basically anyone I see listed on this page sucks (IMO), although Atreyu has produced a couple of decent songs, and Norma Jean has been listenable to at times. Still, that's not saying much.

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I will get around to it. I honestly don't see the appeal of Arcade Fire, though.

Pretty meh, brah. First 2 tracks are really good. Hail To the Thief effect. Too many fucking songs on an album. Too much filler. 16 songs.

Good, but forgettable.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Lets get some Radiohead in this mothfuckin thread

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Lets get some Radiohead in this mothfuckin thread

http://www.last.fm/user/Mando323

Do you think I listen to enough Radiohead, brah?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Damn 2402 is good, but I'm not sure you can ever have too much Radiohead

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Agreed. People always tell me I'm going to get burnt out of Radiohead. Hasn't happened, sons.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
And hopefully it doesn't happen either.

Me included

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Rank the albums now. Go!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Right now for me it goes

In Rainbows
The Bends
Kid A
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac

I don't rank Pablo Honey

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Right now for me it goes

In Rainbows
The Bends
Kid A
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac

I don't rank Pablo Honey

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
stupid double

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:09 PM
OK Computer not in top 3? fuuuu

1. OKC
2. Kid A
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. The Bends
6. HTTT
7. PH

Only song I like on PH is Blow Out. And I'll give Creep a listen once in a great while.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Actually I guess I would move OK Computer to #3 spot

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
>OK Computer not first

Fail list is fail.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
IronMexican, what's your favorite B side song?

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Probably Gaggin Order, Full band Fog, or Banana Co.

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Do you faggots enjoy seeing each other jacking off to this?

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:22 PM
hey what is your favorite brand of picks Jonny Greenwood has ever used?

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
2deep4u, bro. Go post in a Linkin Park thread, Greg.

Muser
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
We need some real shit in here imo

EFfarmx-Xu4

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/3368425688_49d0b8cf0c.jpg

>No, I'm serious. He likes Muse

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm a big Radiohead fan honest! I have over 2000 plays on my last.fm!

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Speaking of real shit, when are you going to stop listening to Muse (i.e., Radiohead Retarded), bro?

Muser
tbf new muse sucks ass to old muse.

badfish22
I think IM has fallen in love tbqh

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I think IM has fallen in love tbqh

hornetfan, name your favorite radiohead albums and if they match mine, do you wanna see a movie sometime? :married:

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
hornetfan, name your favorite radiohead albums and if they match mine, do you wanna see a movie sometime? :married:

Brah, if I met a chick who had a stiffy for Thom like I did, I'd waifu her.

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Even if she looked like that chick in the Bret Favre jersey from SR

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Sorry I'm not on Dave Mustaine's cock like you.

:cry Best fucking crybaby in all of music.

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Brah, if I met a chick who had a stiffy for Thom like I did, I'd waifu her.

swordfighting with hornetfan will do you just fine.

JudynTX
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I don't care.

I also like Disturbed. :tu

Muser
Why is it spelt "nu" metal?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Do you faggots enjoy seeing each other jacking off to this?

Look what you did Greg, got us off of the Radiohead talk.

You little noodle dick

IronMexican
Probably Gaggin Order, Full band Fog, or Banana Co.

Or Melatonin. Beautiful song is beautiful.

Greg Oden
Look what you did Greg, got us off of the Radiohead talk.

You little noodle dick

noodle dick son? I don't think so.

Greg Oden
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM

ms chalupa, a real all american girl :tu

IronMexican

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01376/girls-getty_1376498i.jpg

>She's serious right now

redzero
http://www.dryvetymeonlyne.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/YankeeHotelFoxtrot.jpg

I see you're listening to this album, IM. Fucking masterpiece.

tlong11
noodle dick son? I don't think so.
agreed!

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
http://www.dryvetymeonlyne.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/YankeeHotelFoxtrot.jpg

I see you're listening to this album, IM. Fucking masterpiece.

It was really good. Gonna have to check out other Wilco stuff.

Tweedy > Mangum

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
It was really good. Gonna have to check out other Wilco stuff.

Tweedy > Mangum

Agreed, son.

badfish22
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Why is it spelt "nu" metal?

because its gay as fuck

midnightpulp
08-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Insane Clown Posse is pretty cool.

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
And Lift doesn't count as a b-side, but what a great fucking song. Why couldn't you fucking replace Electioneering, Lift? Why.

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
UO9DlwD7-aA&

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:42 PM
r-tlJMQt3sA&

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
xX6UjWMffaY

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Insane Clown Posse is pretty cool.

http://i44.tinypic.com/4jp4jr.jpg

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
tajmz1vQZ1U

My favorite live Radiohead performance. <3 Thom

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:45 PM
hkU5vpwvy4E

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:46 PM
5pHEqetw9nc

redzero
08-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Hey Dave, did you ever get Lars's cock out of your ass? It was lodged pretty deep in there for a while.

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
4CaB3eRB8Vs

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Dave, did you ever get Lars's cock out of your ass? It was lodged pretty deep in there for a while.

that's my little danish friend.

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
KSd1abWrOGg

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
rLlxRGogTOQ

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:51 PM
sCWNvrKkqMk

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Ye9MjNfTcHQ

badfish22
08-02-2010, 01:53 PM
That would be cool if this Mustaine troll never posted again

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:53 PM
50HWV3bDGe8

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
MneMIqQvfw8

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
9i31sUYtv1g

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Props to Mustaine for completely derailing the thread.

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Props to Mustaine for completely derailing the thread.

I think the point of this thread was for people to list a couple of their favorite bands, not jack off to a thoroughly average alternative band that got popular due to jumping on the grunge bandwagon. Thread not derailed.

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 01:59 PM
>implying Creep wasn't written in 1991.

Before Nevermind came out. The Grunge movement made the song popular, though.

badfish22
08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
lol megadeth
lmao live

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
>he thinks grunge wasn't around until the 90's

IronMexican
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, brah. Grunge was around in the mid 80's with Soundgarden and hwwhwhwat not. But it got popular once Smells like Team spirit game out. And Thom Yorke and the Radiohead's said that grunge isn't anything that late 80's alt bands like Pixies and hwhwhat not weren't already doing.

redzero
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I think the point of this thread was for people to list a couple of their favorite bands, not jack off to a thoroughly average alternative band that got popular due to jumping on the grunge bandwagon. Thread not derailed.

>he thinks Radiohead is popular only because of Pablo Honey
>he calls Radiohead thoroughly average but listens to dated metal

laughinggirls.jpg

Dave Mustaine
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, brah. Grunge was around in the mid 80's with Soundgarden and hwwhwhwat not. But it got popular once Smells like Team spirit game out. And Thom Yorke and the Radiohead's said that grunge isn't anything that late 80's alt bands like Pixies and hwhwhat not weren't already doing.

Where did you learn this?

Muser
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
354MU3l-25M

:worthy: :worthy: