PDA

View Full Version : LOL Palin

MannyIsGod
08-01-2010, 11:42 PM
A new Public Policy Polling survey in New Hampshire finds Kelly Ayotte's (R) appeal to moderate voters crumbled in the wake of her endorsement by Sarah Palin and her lead over Paul Hodes (D) in the U.S. Senate race has shrunk to its lowest level yet, 45% to 42%.

Key finding: "Most of the movement both in feelings about Ayotte and in the horse race has come with moderate voters. Moderates make up the largest bloc of the New Hampshire electorate at 47%, and Hodes' lead with them has expanded from just 8 points at 47% to 39% in April to now 21 points at 51% to 30%. Ayotte's favorability with them has gone from +5 at 32% to 27% to -19 at 27% to 46%."

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/07/nh-looking-more-competitive.html

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Like dubya, pitbull bitch has a reverse Midas touch.

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 03:17 AM
pitbull bitch's unassailable, irremediable ignorance stinks it up again:

Palin Writes Down Cost Of Extending Bush Tax Cuts On Her Hand, But She Still Gets It Wrong

"PALIN: $3.8 trillion in the next ten years, so I have didn’t say $3.7 trillion and get dinged by the liberals saying I didn’t know what I was talking about.

Despite the preparation of her “cheat sheet,” she still doesn’t know what she is talking about.

For one thing, according to the Pew Economic Policy Group, an extension of all of the Bush tax cuts will cost $3.1 trillion over ten years, once the costs of servicing the debt are factored in."

Extending just the cuts for the wealthiest two percent of Americans will cost $830 billion over ten years. As Center for American Progress Associate Director for Tax Policy Michael Linden wrote, “to put that figure in perspective, $830 billion is enough to pay for all veterans’ hospitals, doctors, and the rest of the Veteran’s Affairs health system, plus the United States Coast Guard, plus the Food and Drug Administration, plus the operation and maintenance of every single national park for the entire 10-year period — with more than $100 billion left over.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/01/palin-bush-cuts/

Winehole23
08-02-2010, 04:34 AM
For one thing, according to the Pew Economic Policy Group, an extension of all of the Bush tax cuts will cost $3.1 trillion over ten years, once the costs of servicing the debt are factored in.Busting Palin's chops for highballing the estimate? High-larious.

SnakeBoy
08-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I thought Palin was supposed to be irrelevant as soon as the election was over.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 07:46 AM

She's the one trying to stay relevant by endorsing candidates. I'm sure Kelly Ayotte wouldn't miss her one bit if Palin would decide to disappear into oblivion.

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 08:18 AM
pitbull has remained relevant because she's a celebrity (dumbed-down Americans, esp red-staters, value celebrity more than intelligence, education, competence) and because she's using that celebrity to be in the running as a Repug WH candidate for 2012.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-02-2010, 08:23 AM

As does the current president.

TFloss32
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
pitbull has remained relevant because she's a celebrity (dumbed-down Americans, esp red-staters, value celebrity more than intelligence, education, competence) and because she's using that celebrity to be in the running as a Repug WH candidate for 2012.

:lol...and Obama wasn't elected because of his rockstar status?

SnakeBoy
08-02-2010, 09:14 AM
She's the one trying to stay relevant by endorsing candidates.

Trying? MSNBC might well be renamed to the Palin Channel and all the board libs can't seem to stop themselves from talking about her. I find it funny because I actually like Sarah Palin and I pay far less attention to her than you liberals do. Why so fascinated with her every move?

George Gervin's Afro
08-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I support Palin for 2012!

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Trying? MSNBC might well be renamed to the Palin Channel and all the board libs can't seem to stop themselves from talking about her. I find it funny because I actually like Sarah Palin and I pay far less attention to her than you liberals do. Why so fascinated with her every move?

:lmao

No kidding! I hope she doesn't run for President but I don't dislike her...She's not an intellectual heavy hitter but she's basically a nice person...The venom the liberal lightweights like Manny reserve for her is absolutely hilarious though...

TeyshaBlue
08-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Palin for RNC Chairperson!

Seriously.

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 09:53 AM
"rockstar status"

Magic Negro, rockstar, etc, were/are sarcastic insults from the Repugs and conservatives enviously green about Obama's popularity vs McLiar/pitbull bitch's inability to appeal beyond the hard right fringe.

MN's turned his popularity into a victory, while pitbull bitch's notoriety as a dumbfuck bimbo was blamed for cutting off McLiar's campaign at the knees. Now pitbull bitch is just another celebrity, having quit elected office mid-term, betraying her voters, among other celebrity bitches like Snooki, Paris, Kardashians, etc.

It's the Repugs, Fox, and their right wing fringe nutjobs who keep pitbull bitch in the political picture, where she continues to demonstrate risible ignorance and hubris.

George Gervin's Afro
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
:lmao

No kidding! I hope she doesn't run for President but I don't dislike her...She's not an intellectual heavy hitter but she's basically a nice person...The venom the liberal lightweights like Manny reserve for her is absolutely hilarious though...

something you guys have in common.

EmptyMan
08-02-2010, 10:18 AM

funny how you leave out Obama you partisan hack

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 10:24 AM
"she's basically a nice person"

nice is as nice does, my Mama said.

pitbull bitch and her trailer park trashy family, ethical fuckups in personal and governmental behavior, quitting her elected job to exploit her celebrity and rocket herself into the wealthy elite. yeah, basically a nice person, my ass.

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 10:32 AM
something you guys have in common.

Considering the source I'll take that as a compliment.

George Gervin's Afro
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Considering the source I'll take that as a compliment.

Please do...

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I hate Palin. If CC finds that funny, cool.

clambake
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
she's a living, breathing grading curve for the masses.

i love her.

fraga
08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Palin 2012...oh please god yes...I think it will be a landslide...

ElNono
08-02-2010, 11:06 AM

Meh, I don't watch MSNBC, so I really don't know what you mean, but I could see where keeping Palin relevant is actually a big plus for Democrats...

TeyshaBlue
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
"she's basically a nice person"

nice is as nice does, my Mama said.

pitbull bitch and her trailer park trashy family, ethical fuckups in personal and governmental behavior, quitting her elected job to exploit her celebrity and rocket herself into the wealthy elite. yeah, basically a nice person, my ass.

Your Mama must've hated your ass then.:lol

I have zero use for Palin as well...except as a tool to further the complete demise of the RNC.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I find it so funny that the democrats and libtards say she's irrelevant, but she's all they can talk about... As if they are worried.

Hey libtards...

If she's irrelevant, then prove it. Stop bringing her up!

baseline bum
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Palin 2012...oh please god yes...I think it will be a landslide...

Um, in the country that elected Bush twice?

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Who said she was irrelevant? I've said she's unelectable but never that she's irrelevant. In the OP, I think she's very relevant but it just doesn't seem to be the type of relevance she would enjoy.

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I hate Palin. If CC finds that funny, cool.

Actually Manny, I just find it pathetically amusing that you can hate someone you have never met just because they are harder working, wealthier, more popular, and smarter than you are.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Actually Manny, I just find it pathetically amusing that you can hate someone you have never met just because they are harder working, wealthier, more popular, and smarter than you are.
Just proves he's a Kool-Aid drinking Lemming.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM

You could say the same about Pelosi or Barney Frank and you'll be hard pressed to find anybody in these forums that don't hate either of them, yet never met them.

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
You could say the same about Pelosi or Barney Frank and you'll be hard pressed to find anybody in these forums that don't hate either of them, yet never met them.

Actually, I don't hate any of them. I may strongly disagree with them politically but I don't hate them.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Actually, I don't hate any of them. I may strongly disagree with them politically but I don't hate them.

You're certainly the exception, not the rule. Plenty of vitriol (and rightly so, I may add) for those two in here.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I also suspect Manny doesn't hate her because she is "harder working, wealthier, more popular, and smarter" than him. But Manny should be able to tell you.

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I also suspect Manny doesn't hate her because she is "harder working, wealthier, more popular, and smarter" than him. But Manny should be able to tell you.

Well, she is all of those things but you may be right. It just seems to be a pattern with Manny. Definitely some class penis envy going on there.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, she is all of those things but you may be right. It just seems to be a pattern with Manny. Definitely some class penis envy going on there.

Well, do you know Palin or Manny for that matter?

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Of course I don't know Palin personally. As for "knowing" Manny, his feelings are pretty clear from his posts.

fraga
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Silly Palin...who let you out of the kitchen...

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 03:36 PM

Its like your in my head CC. Those are exactly the reasons I can't stand her.

Hey, I bet you never met Hitler either but I'm sure you didn't hate him you just disagreed with him politically.

:lol

Or was it just that he was harder working, wealthier, more popular, or smarter than you?

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM

LOL

You are the king of projection.

DarrinS
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
So, a Palin endorsement kinda has the same effect as an endorsement by a Nobel winnin, community organizin, narcissist in chief?

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
If Palin is someone liberals obsess over that conservatives couldn't care less about, I guess that sort of makes her the reverse Jesse Jackson?

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Of course I don't know Palin personally. As for "knowing" Manny, his feelings are pretty clear from his posts.

So you couldn't possibly know who is a harder worker or smarter...

I figured as much...

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
So, a Palin endorsement kinda has the same effect as an endorsement by a Nobel winnin, community organizin, narcissist in chief?

Well, it looks like it's as good as an endorsement from a "harder working, wealthier, more popular, and smarter" Manny. Even though who made the claim doesn't know either Palin or Manny. So YMMV.

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
ElNono you don't have to bother with CC if he's attacking me. He thinks he's trolling me. He gets angry because his posts rarely stand up to the smallest bit of scrutiny.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:46 PM
ElNono you don't have to bother with CC if he's attacking me. He thinks he's trolling me. He gets angry because his posts rarely stand up to the smallest bit of scrutiny.

I'm bored, let me get amused. :hat

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 03:46 PM
If Palin is someone liberals obsess over that conservatives couldn't care less about, I guess that sort of makes her the reverse Jesse Jackson?

Well, the big difference is that Jesse Jackson has no realistic chance of winning the Democratic nomination in 2012. Palin on the other hand is a front runner for a GOP nomination.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Palin on the other hand is a front runner for a GOP nomination.

Which I believe most Democrats celebrate, and that's exactly what gets most board republicans (which are quick to point out that are not republicans) severely butthurt.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I find it so funny that the democrats and libtards say she's irrelevant, but she's all they can talk about... As if they are worried.

Hey libtards...

If she's irrelevant, then prove it. Stop bringing her up!

She's not irrelevant. She's just unqualified.

clambake
08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
i'm thinking the knuckledraggers should get what they deserve.

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Which I believe most Democrats celebrate, and that's exactly what gets most board republicans (which are quick to point out that are not republicans) severely butthurt.

I would honestly prefer to not see her nominated, but then I'd prefer the GOP to be an actual party that really is for limited government etc etc. Anytime someone like Palin gets that close to the presidency I find it scary because she has a chance. A 9:1 dog still wins 10% of the time.

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
You guys wish.

Palin won't be the nominee.

I doubt she even runs.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 03:59 PM

You mean Obama? :lol

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
I think she'll get some talk and maybe even declare herself a candidate but ultimately her chances are about as good as Ron Paul's were to to be named the Republican nominee.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 04:10 PM
You mean Obama? :lol
We see his actual actions on a regular basis. Keep in mind, that if Palin did become president, she would have a whole new set of realities to base things on, than from the outsider she is.

You and I both know some interesting secrets we cannot share. It changes our perspective, making it different from others. We have seen changes in Obama from such realizations, and it would be stupid to think her ideals wouldn't be tempered as well.

What i love about Palin, is her being a DC outsider. being an executive knowing how to accomplish things. She is not as educated as the Ivy league crowd, but I see that as another plus. She is a real American. Not an elitist. I honestly believe that she knows how to delegate power, and let the experts steer her on issues.

Think about it. She does have leadership skills. Am I right or wrong?

She has held executive positions, and done well. Am I right or wrong?

Does much else matter?

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I think she'll get some talk and maybe even declare herself a candidate but ultimately her chances are about as good as Ron Paul's were to to be named the Republican nominee.
I''m split about 60/40. I think there's only about a 40% chance she will run.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
What i love about Palin, is her being a DC outsider. being an executive knowing how to accomplish things. She is not as educated as the Ivy league crowd, but I see that as another plus. She is a real American. Not an elitist. I honestly believe that she knows how to delegate power, and let the experts steer her on issues.

I'm ok with outsiders. Heck, look at people like Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Both were outsiders, and I like both of them. Heck, Jesse Ventura speaks his mind more than more citizens.

What scares me about Palin is her seeming inability to think quickly on her feet, even for simple questions. "All of them" is an answer not even you or I would give to a question as simple as "What magazines do you read?". But she was so flustered trying not to get caught in a "gotcha" comment (even when the question obviously was not that) that she answered stupidly, thinking she would cover all the bases.

She doesn't sound polished, and her policies seem paper-thin, no real meat to them. When questioned, she can't explain intricacies. I mean, what's wrong with elitism? What's wrong with wanting the best people to run our country?

Elitists are "real Americans" too, aren't they? Aren't they running the businesses which are the lifeblood or our economy?

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
She may be an outsider, but she lacks the backbone to be anything but a shill on the national stage. Her Vice Presidential campaign was a blueprint on how to unconvincingly regurgitate talking points and buzzwords to the appeal of only the most uncritical partisan ear, and I haven't heard anything from her since that convinces me that she is capable of offering any insight into policy that she hasn't studied the night before.

In reality, all she is is a living, breathing wedge issue for people who watch too much cable news to argue about. She's like abortion, prayer-in-school and reparations personified.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:28 PM
If I were the dem's, I would do my best to help Palin keep herself in the news. The more popular she gets, the better chance of her running and if this dumb fucking idiot runs, we conservative folk are completely fucked.

Wild Cobra
LnGrrrR...

Should any important decision be made on the spur on the moment?

I do trust that she would take the necessary time to properly assess situations, and complement her staff with their strengths supporting her weaknesses.

I do trust that she know how to do such things right.

johnsmith
She may be an outsider, but she lacks the backbone to be anything but a shill on the national stage. Her Vice Presidential campaign was a blueprint on how to unconvincingly regurgitate talking points and buzzwords to the appeal of only the most uncritical partisan ear, and I haven't heard anything from her since that convinces me that she is capable of offering any insight into policy that she hasn't studied the night before.

She does have nice titties though.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
LnGrrrR...

I do trust that she would take the necessary time to properly assess situations, and complement her staff with their strengths supporting her weaknesses.

Yeah, but you'd like to think that the leader of the free world could think on his or her feet as well.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
You have to remember, she had guidelines to follow that were counter productive to her style.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:30 PM
You have to remember, she had guidelines to follow that were counter productive to her style.

That style of course being to make an ass out of herself right?

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
She does have nice titties though.

Yeah, another reason I wish she'd disappear from the public conversation. Her "last-desperate-cry-for-attention" Playboy spread clock is ticking.

Wild Cobra
Yeah, but you'd like to think that the leader of the free world could think on his or her feet as well.
I agree, she would be more appealing if she were better at it.

Seriously though. When given the time to rationally think though a situation, do you think she would make more mistakes, or less, than recent past presidents?

johnsmith
Yeah, another reason I wish she'd disappear from the public conversation. Her "last-desperate-cry-for-attention" Playboy spread clock is ticking.

Oooohhh, I'd pick that shit up though.........you would too and you know it.:toast

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
If by "pick up," you mean "Google Image search," then yes, yes I would. :toast

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I agree, she would be more appealing if she were better at it.

Seriously though. When given the time to rationally think though a situation, do you think she would make more mistakes, or less, than recent past presidents?

More......she's a fucking idiot and it's up to the repubs to find someone that doesn't suck as much as she does......both literally and figuratively.

DarrinS
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm ok with outsiders. Heck, look at people like Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Both were outsiders, and I like both of them. Heck, Jesse Ventura speaks his mind more than more citizens.

What scares me about Palin is her seeming inability to think quickly on her feet, even for simple questions. "All of them" is an answer not even you or I would give to a question as simple as "What magazines do you read?". But she was so flustered trying not to get caught in a "gotcha" comment (even when the question obviously was not that) that she answered stupidly, thinking she would cover all the bases.

She doesn't sound polished, and her policies seem paper-thin, no real meat to them. When questioned, she can't explain intricacies. I mean, what's wrong with elitism? What's wrong with wanting the best people to run our country?

Sounds like similar criticism that was heaped on a man that went to Eureka College.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
If by "pick up," you mean "Google Image search," then yes, yes I would. :toast

Good point.....who the fuck buys magazines anymore......well, except for Palin herself?

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm sure she could read speeches other people wrote off the teleprompter just as good as Obama does.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 04:36 PM
That style of course being to make an ass out of herself right?

The GOP was doing great with her nomination until she opened her mouth. Then it was damage control up until the voting.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
LnGrrrR...

Well sure, some important decisions should be made spur-of-the-moment... natural disasters, emergency actions, etc etc.

More importantly though, I really doubt her ability to speak without making a blunder to foreign dignitaries. The President is a symbol of power throughout the world, and I think it would demean the post to have someone who seems unable to think quickly and respond intelligently.

If all we needed as a President was someone who listened to others, then made a decision, I would think many more would be capable of the job. As it is, we need more than a "decider".

DarrinS
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM

The GOP was doing great with her nomination until she opened her mouth. Then it was damage control up until the voting.

Actually, when she spoke at the RNC, she had liberal journalists scared shitless.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm sure she could read speeches other people wrote off the teleprompter just as good as Obama does.

Sure, but she also probably struggles with addition and subtraction.......she's an idiot.......a majority of america has no respect for her.......if she runs, she takes votes away from people we'd like in charge, and for that matter, it absolutely kills the chance to get what we need, a conservative President.

Fuck Palin.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM

And so, also, I'm not sure about that too. Additionally, it's likely maybe that she also could not read as well, perhaps, but there's a chance too that she might.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 04:40 PM

That would be a plus. At least she wouldn't need to battle herself to try to put two sentences together.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Sounds like similar criticism that was heaped on a man that went to Eureka College.

I'm just going by what I see. Just because there are exceptions to guidelines doesn't mean we throw those guidelines out.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Actually, when she spoke at the RNC, she had liberal journalists scared shitless.

Because I think the idea of countering the racist angle with a woman was actually golden. The execution was terrible though.

DarrinS
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
LOL @ blasting Palin while Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:43 PM

This isn't an exercise in comparing and contrasting. Biden sucks as a human as well. Bottom line though, Biden didn't contribute to a loss for dems like this dumb bitch did for repubs.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 04:44 PM

LOL @ strawmen

Does Biden's potential inadequacy to be President absolve all others DarrinS?

Blake
08-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Palin would have been an old fart heart beat away from the presidency.

johnsmith
08-02-2010, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Blake;4556509] old fart heart beat [QUOTE]

There has to be a joke here.

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
LOL @ even comparing Palin and Biden.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm far from defending Joe. That said, humans can understand every sentence of whatever bullshit he's saying at any given moment.

Like I said, I prefer Palin to stay 'rogue' for the comedy factor alone.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Well sure, some important decisions should be made spur-of-the-moment... natural disasters, emergency actions, etc etc.

More importantly though, I really doubt her ability to speak without making a blunder to foreign dignitaries. The President is a symbol of power throughout the world, and I think it would demean the post to have someone who seems unable to think quickly and respond intelligently.

If all we needed as a President was someone who listened to others, then made a decision, I would think many more would be capable of the job. As it is, we need more than a "decider".
So you agree then that our last two presidents fail on those points, right?

Can she do worse?

I'll admit, as much as I disliked president Clinton's ideals, he was good there.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
No kidding.

I know that many conservatives are leery of Palin. I just ask that those of you who are, consider my words about delegating authority, and placing experts around her. At least she has executive experience, and is a tried leader.

Oboma is neither.

Spurminator
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM
No, seriously, comparing Biden and Palin is like comparing the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Richards High School Ladybugs.

...Assuming the latter is junior varsity.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
This isn't an exercise in comparing and contrasting. Biden sucks as a human as well. Bottom line though, Biden didn't contribute to a loss for dems like this dumb bitch did for repubs.
Do you really think McCain would have had a chance in hell without her?

I say hell no. He would have lost real bad. She helped him, not hurt him. I would have voted for Mickey Mouse if he hadn't picked her for VP, and others would have either not voted, or spoiled their votes as well.

Conservatives do not like RINO's, and McCain is a big RINO.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Blake;4556509] old fart heart beat [QUOTE]

There has to be a joke here.
Which stinks more...

An old fart, or a new one?

spursncowboys
08-02-2010, 06:16 PM
bringing the lol@ crap to the political forum. MIG should be an allstar.

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
So you agree then that our last two presidents fail on those points, right?

Can she do worse?

I'll admit, as much as I disliked president Clinton's ideals, he was good there.

Bush wasn't horrible; he just had a habit of using the wrong words and looking squinty. Obama can speak well at times off the cuff, but he's too verbose. Other times he comes off sounding artificial.

The main reason I voted Obama in was due to not liking McCain/Palin and the fact that he said all the right things regarding civil liberties. He's proven me wrong on the second one, but I still feel McCain/Palin would have done a worse job.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I know that many conservatives are leery of Palin. I just ask that those of you who are, consider my words about delegating authority, and placing experts around her. At least she has executive experience, and is a tried leader.

She's a quitter too. It didn't occur to you to cherry pick that attribute when making that list?

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Bush wasn't horrible; he just had a habit of using the wrong words and looking squinty. Obama can speak well at times off the cuff, but he's too verbose. Other times he comes off sounding artificial.

The main reason I voted Obama in was due to not liking McCain/Palin and the fact that he said all the right things regarding civil liberties. He's proven me wrong on the second one, but I still feel McCain/Palin would have done a worse job.
I know McCain would have been a bad president. he would have been so bipartisan, he would have given the democrats everything they wanted. I just like the position it would put Palin is, and a more probabl;e candidate for president.

If you recall during our 2008 election debates, I acknowledges that both would be bad presidents, but that I didn't mind Obama winning because then the public would see just how scary the democrat agenda is. I was right. Now there is a powerhouse of a tea party movement. If McCain had won, our nation would have had a slower death, but death just the same. Like the saying about putting a frog in cool water and heating it vs. boiling water.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Which stinks more...

An old fart, or a new one?

Depends on what you ate... :lol

EVAY
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Good grief, man! McCain has had repeated cancers, has lots of ailments from his POW days, and would have been older than Reagan was when he took office if he won ( and Reagan had altheimer's while he was in office), and Palin would be right behind that! If you don't think she was a liability to McCain, you are ever so wrong. Independents won the presidency for Obama, and independents voted against Palin.

Biden is a gaffe machine, but he is well-educated with lots of years of experience in government. Palin is an embarassment every time she opens her mouth...Bush was the same way...and people were tired of it.

And Obama is young and healthy.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
She's a quitter too. It didn't occur to you to cherry pick that attribute when making that list?
Come on now. I know you're smarter than that, to buy into that propaganda.

Are you so closed minded to acknowledge that her reason just might be legitimate?

That's OK. Stay rigid on that point, and expose your bias.

clambake
08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
oh, i see. she didn't quit, huh?

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM

What is propaganda? That she quit?

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
What is propaganda? That she quit?
Quitting for a reasonable cause does not equate to being a quitter.

Please, don't tell me there is no difference. I'll have to revise my respect for you if you do.

EVAY
08-02-2010, 06:33 PM

Are you so closed minded to acknowledge that her reason just might be legitimate?

That's OK. Stay rigid on that point, and expose your bias.

No, WC...Palin did quit to get more money elsewhere, and there was nothing legitimate about her reasons other than a good ole profit motive. Didn't do a damn thing for Alaskans who voted for her, though.

She is toxic as a potential candidate. She is a money-maker for herself and for tea partiers as long as she stays within the far-right constituency.

clambake
08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
she quit because her ignorance was exposed on the national stage. the one smart thing that someone convinced her to do.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
No, WC...Palin did quit to get more money elsewhere, and there was nothing legitimate about her reasons other than a good ole profit motive. Didn't do a damn thing for Alaskans who voted for her, though.

She is toxic as a potential candidate. She is a money-maker for herself and for tea partiers as long as she stays within the far-right constituency.
You are wrong on both accounts. However, i know it's a waste of time to repeat what has already been said. Your prejudice is apparent, and not movable.

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Yet another thread devolves into the comparison of dog shit and cat shit.

clambake
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
she needed more personal time to engage a fight with a teenager through the media. lol

clambake
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
writes political buzz words on her hands....cuz she too stupid to remember. lol

clambake
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
used and dumped her kid like a prop. lol

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Quitting for a reasonable cause does not equate to being a quitter. Please, don't tell me there is no difference. I'll have to revise my respect for you if you do.

What was reasonable about quitting your public service post, one you were elected for, to pursue your personal agenda?

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Biden is a gaffe machine, but he is well-educated with lots of years of experience in government

You say that like it's a good thing.

Also, his academic record is a bit suspect in its own right.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Yet another thread devolves into the comparison of dog shit and cat shit.

Hi Marcus :lol

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Why can't we just admit, once and for all, that both sides suck? We're still free in this country to have a non-binary opinion about something, no?

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Why can't we just admit, once and for all, that both sides suck? We're still free in this country to have a non-binary opinion about something, no?

Apparently not.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I do have a problem with people trying to sell me cat shit as if it was cat food.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:50 PM
What was reasonable about quitting your public service post, one you were elected for, to pursue your personal agenda?
How about the money a small populated state was spending for all the FOI requests? The left was relentless against her, and harming the cash flow Alaska had.

How about the fact she had little or no time to govern.

How about the fact she could seat her Lt. governor rather than wait for elections.

I'd go on, but if these aren't reason enough, then what's the point?

LnGrrrR
08-02-2010, 06:50 PM

I think the fact that both sides sucks is well-acknowledged. It's all about which sides sucks slightly less than the other. :lol

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I think the fact that both sides sucks is well-acknowledged. It's all about which sides sucks slightly less than the other. :lol
Agreed.

The last good president we had was Reagan.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
How about the money a small populated state was spending for all the FOI requests? The left was relentless against her, and harming the cash flow Alaska had.

Wasn't she a maverick?
What does that tell you about her leadership when she quits because she can't deal with pressure?
Is that really the president you want for this nation?

How about the fact she had little or no time to govern.

Whose fault is that????

How about the fact she could seat her Lt. governor rather than wait for elections.

How about completing the mandate your Alaskans voted you in for? If they wanted the Lt. governor to call the shots, they would have voted him instead.

I really don't know why you feel the urge to apologize for her actions. I mean, on the positive side, she does have executive experience. On the negative side, she is a quitter. Every politician has those plus/minuses. There's nothing to be ashamed about.

Marcus Bryant
Agreed.

Gave some good speeches, ramped up the debt and deficit. Sounds like the current one.

ElNono

Disagree. I think it was Clinton. I also liked GW senior.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
He was a great leader, but a shitty president.

GW...

RINO...

Clinton was possibly as conservative as GW.

baseline bum
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Agreed.

All three sucked. You gotta go back to Teddy Roosevelt to find a good American president.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
He was a great leader, but a shitty president.

I thought both Clinton and Bush Sr were both great leaders and presidents. At least compared to the last two, they were miles ahead.

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM

What an effing change from the 90s to the last decade. We go from a Republican who was willing to raise taxes to address a budget deficit to a Democrat who was willing to declare the era of big government over to address a budget deficit to this retarded dog shit and cat shit. Here, here for pragmatic politicians instead of ideological true believer numbskulls.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
All three sucked. You gotta go back to Teddy Roosevelt to find a good American president.

I'm sorry, I don't go as far back... Maybe Marcus can enlighten us with tales from the time... :lol

ElNono
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
What an effing change from the 90s to the last decade. We go from a Republican who was willing to raise taxes to address a budget deficit to a Democrat who was willing to declare the era of big government over to address a budget deficit to this retarded dog shit and cat shit. Here, here for pragmatic politicians instead of ideological true believer numbskulls.

I think 9/11 really brought out the extreme on one end, and that caused the pendulum to swing heavily to the other when that was over.

At any rate, I have no doubt we're way worse than we were back in the 90's.

ElNono
08-02-2010, 07:04 PM
In a way, in this climate, I can see how Palin could be viewed as a viable candidate.

boutons_deux
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
"viable candidate"

she's not electable, like nearly all the tea bagger candidates in the primaries got blown away

ElNono
08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I said 'viewed as'... you know, by some part of the population... not necessarily qualified...

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry, I don't go as far back... Maybe Marcus can enlighten us with tales from the time... :lol

Here, here for Thomas Jefferson and the Revolution of 1800.

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I think 9/11 really brought out the extreme on one end, and that caused the pendulum to swing heavily to the other when that was over.

At any rate, I have no doubt we're way worse than we were back in the 90's.

Balanced budgets, congresses that actually held spending in check, military campaigns that didn't go all the way to Baghdad, no new unaffordable entitlements created, and when the biggest worry facing the country was a president who perjured himself about getting sucked off by a big titted brunette? Oh, the days...

ElNono
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Balanced budgets, congresses that actually held spending in check, military campaigns that didn't go all the way to Baghdad, no new unaffordable entitlements created, and when the biggest worry facing the country was a president who perjured himself about getting sucked off by a big titted brunette? Oh, the days...

The RINO revisionists and Moral police will tell you otherwise. But you know what's up... :tu

Ignignokt
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM

How can you go on repeating this lie?

Ignignokt
08-02-2010, 09:37 PM

The era of big government was over because he borrowed money from lockboxes to pay the debt.

This is so retarded.

Marcus Bryant
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
What's retarded is making a distinction. Not to mention attempting to excuse the prolifigacy of the Bush administration and the GOP controlled Congress by dismissing the achievement of the prior administration and the GOP congressmen before they went batshit crazy to royally fuck this nation.

Ignignokt
08-03-2010, 02:14 AM
What's retarded is making a distinction. Not to mention attempting to excuse the prolifigacy of the Bush administration and the GOP controlled Congress by dismissing the achievement of the prior administration and the GOP congressmen before they went batshit crazy to royally fuck this nation.

Because i choose not to credit Bill Clinton for something he never accomplished that means I've excused Bush?

When ever you go on your self pious rants do you ever stop to evaluate people's arguments?

I don't intend to excuse Bush for his bad policies concerning spending and central planning, and i don't intend by that fact to give Clinton credit for applying a budgetary trick by taking away funds from SS to pay for the deficit. Neither president did shit, one worse than the other, but i don't want to go back to those days.

We don't have to choose to go back to Clinton, when we can ask for better. And lets not forget that it was that same administration that also lowered interest rates and created a bubble in the tech industry and sent us into a recession. Bush then turned Keynesian and did his moronic trick of expanding the govt and pursuing the same shit but to a worse degree.

Inflating bubbles didn't start with Bush, but with Greenspan and Clinton with the same federal reserve policy.

So lets not whitewash history, get your facts straight chump.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-03-2010, 02:33 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when lack of education would be regarded as a plus for a political candidate... Weird fucking times man

Stringer_Bell
08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when lack of education would be regarded as a plus for a political candidate... Weird fucking times man

It's part of the whole "us vs. them" complex. It's the best political tool for galvanizing support against the rich (when used by Dems) AND/OR people with a graduate education (when used by GOP). The xenophobia can be mind-boggling, but it's a clever exploitation of the seemingly minority "haves" by the more vocal "have-nots", but that's just IMO. Sarah Palin used it quite effectively when speaking about "REAL America" and "Us folks in the heartland." It was such great rhetoric no one seemed to realize she was from Alaska. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 03:15 AM
How about the money a small populated state was spending for all the FOI requests? The left was relentless against her, and harming the cash flow Alaska had.How much did the requests costs and how did that measure up to the total budget of Alaska?

How about the fact she had little or no time to govern.What does that even mean? Are you saying she was too busy flying to the lower 48 and having a book ghost written for her to do her job?

How about the fact she could seat her Lt. governor rather than wait for elections.What other governor has left in the middle of a term for that purpose?

I'd go on, but if these aren't reason enough, then what's the point?On their face, they all seem like disingenuous excuses just to cash in on her celebrity. How are they not?

kamikazi_player
08-03-2010, 04:03 AM
^I like this guy's post :clap. Keep regulating!

symple19
08-03-2010, 04:08 AM
^I like this guy's post :clap. Keep regulating!

lol cen-cal

lol state school

lol cowboys

symple19
08-03-2010, 04:08 AM
lol palin

boutons_deux
08-03-2010, 05:55 AM
WC's infatuation with and energetic defense of pitbull bitch is one of his more damning, most ridiculous, self-inflicted silly-tudes.

DarkReign
08-03-2010, 08:02 AM

In reality, all she is is a living, breathing wedge issue for people who watch too much cable news to argue about. She's like abortion, prayer-in-school and reparations personified.

Excellent take and summary. :tu

johnsmith
08-03-2010, 08:06 AM
WC's infatuation with and energetic defense of pitbull bitch is one of his more damning, most ridiculous, self-inflicted silly-tudes.

I agree.......but you could also say that the constant threads about Palin are one of the more damning, most ridiculous, self-inflicted silly-tudes (whatever the fuck a silly-tude is) for libs as well.

SnakeBoy
08-03-2010, 08:29 AM
In a way, in this climate, I can see how Palin could be viewed as a viable candidate.

Well you're still talking about her and that's the toughest part. Creating a new image just takes one speech if you can get enough people to listen.

DarkReign
08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Well you're still talking about her and that's the toughest part. Creating a new image just takes one speech if you can get enough people to listen.

Truth here.

Hypothetically, Palin could break out as a viable candidate.

But that would take something just short of a miracle. Getting her off script and out of tired clichés reveals an entirely different and much less digestable politician.

Obama's strength is surely his speeches, no doubt. But he isnt an unintelligible mess of a man when off script.

DarrinS
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe she should go on The View and answer hard-hitting questions about Snooky.

MannyIsGod
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Or hard hitting questions about magazines.

Oh

wait.

DarrinS
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Or hard hitting questions about magazines.

Oh

wait.

Both questions are stupid.

florige
08-03-2010, 10:25 AM

I hope so too. That way Obama can save millions of dollars of campaign money.

MannyIsGod
08-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Not every question that is going to be asked is going to be important. Unless that is you answer something so mundane like a complete moron.

Blake
08-03-2010, 10:31 AM

or maybe she should try to start a show and begin by trying to using unauthorized interviews from political hard hitters like Toby Keith or LL Cool J.

it's me
08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
LOL "Obama doesn't have the cojones" Palin

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
LOL "Obama doesn't have the cojones" Palin

LOL Palin showing her cojones by quitting...

Spurminator
08-03-2010, 10:39 AM

A sampling of questions during his appearance on The View:

EH: It does seem as though we are a very divided states of America right now on so many issues, and I think, even those who did not vote for you, felt a hope there would be a uniting factor when you took office. Are you frustrated that this country still feels so divided and you have not been able yet to bring that unity?

SS: When you took office, I think a lot of people thought that we were going to get beyond race, but it seems like every single day it’s something racially-charged. Do you think that we are still – we are still – America is racist?

BW: You do not describe, yourself as a black president, but that’s the way you’re described. Your mother was white. Why-would it be helpful, or why don’t you say: ‘I’m not a black president – I’m biracial’?

EH: I want to get to something that is important to so many Americans. You had promised the stimulus bill would cap unemployment at 8%. We’re at near 10% across the country, 12% in my home state of Rhode Island. We’re in a state of chronic joblessness. Yet, and we heard in the beginning of the show as well, you claim that there’s “saved jobs”, a standard not been used before by any administration. [Sigh] It’s frustrating to hear that “saved jobs” boasting because it doesn’t feel that way to Americans when they don’t have jobs and they’re losing jobs. How can you continue and your administration continue to say that you are saving jobs when in fact people are losing jobs?

BW: We have more time later on, but I’ve got to get to Afghanistan because it’s so much in the news right now. This week Congress voted to spend another what $59B for the war. But 100 democrats, much larger number than last year, refused to vote for your plan. And now we hear about a leak of secret documents…Pakistan may be friendlier as to the rebels than you are…supposedly we’re there because of al Qaeda…there are only 50 or so members of al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Why don’t we leave? Why don’t we get out?

WG: You were told you were too slow on responding to BP or too fast on Ms Sherrod. You haven’t explained yourself. No one understands. Sir, can you win as president?

BW: The fact that you’re rating is so low does that bother you?

BW: What would you like your legacy to be?

fraga
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
LOL Palin showing her cojones by quitting...

Mahahaha...it takes a lot of cojones to NOT complete a full Governors term...

ElNono
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM

We talk as much or more about Ron Paul in here and that doesn't mean he'll be a viable candidate soon.