PDA

View Full Version : This is truly the BLAZERS forum now

tlongII
08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
And I must say it's nice to see... Sure, there are still a lot of Laker threads in here, but that's okay. They know their time is over. It's all about the Blazers now. We carry the hopes of the entire Western Conference on our shoulders now as we're the only team that can battle the Miami Heat over the next 6 to 8 years. It's certainly a burden, but we can handle it. :tu

JamStone
08-02-2010, 09:37 AM
We carry the hopes of the entire Western Conference on our shoulders now as we're the only team that can battle the Miami Heat over the next 6 to 8 years. It's certainly a burden, but we can handle it. :tu

It's the type of burden that will put a lot of stress and pressure on the lower back and on already injured knees. It's also the type of burden that will make a guy miss 50 games in the season due to injury.

:downspin:

gaKNOW!blee
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
lol thinking Roy can lead a team to a title

Killakobe81
08-02-2010, 09:47 AM
LOL the Blazers ... everyone's pre-season "favorite" to give the Lakers a run in the WC ...

I never saw the fascination with this team... they are like the Clippers of the past decade ...all this great talent but it is ALWAYS injured or just too many of the same type of players (young, athletic wing players )...who are at their best in similar roles or positions ....

They will not win a title as presently constituted, and even a WCF is unlikely.

Chieflion
08-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Good luck, TlongII. Hope the Blazers stay healthy so we know what they are truly capable of.

Red Hawk #21
08-02-2010, 09:50 AM
The Thunder is the team to watch out for NOT the Blazers.

Killakobe81
08-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I second the sentiment that I hope they ARE healthy so we can see what they REALLY are about.

I think they are good don't get me wrong but championship level ...seriously.

unless they start playng defense like the 2004 Pistons I don't see it.
the past finals teams have all been led by Duncan, Kobe, Shaq KG or Wade ...who on the Blazers is even in THAT class of NBA player?

Chieflion
08-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I second the sentiment that I hope they ARE healthy so we can see what they REALLY are about.

I think they are good don't get me wrong but championship level ...seriously.

unless they start playng defense like the 2004 Pistons I don't see it.
the past finals teams have all been led by Duncan, Kobe, Shaq KG or Wade ...who on the Blazers is even in THAT class of NBA player?

I hope Roy would be able to make that cut. He has improved every year in the league. The player is clutch and has a complete offensive arsenal. That list is very elite, and I am certain another player would join the ranks of these players soon, it may not be Roy but he is near there. To me, he is the 3rd best shooting guard in the NBA now and may surpass Kobe next season, due to his decline and Roy's further improvement.

Defense would be the main point. A team with Oden (please stay healthy and show us why you are so hyped), should be able to play good defense. This is the same Oden who averaged 2.3 blocks in the 2009-2010 in 23.9 minutes. He has proven he can play around 36 minutes, and then foul out, looking at stats per 36 minutes. I hope he stays healthy, because this is a man who can play at an extremely high level of defense when he is healthy. He has proven that potential.

Adding to the fact that Camby is there to spell Oden and Aldridge would further improve their help defense.

Nicolas Batum also showed good potential to be a good defensive stopper at the perimeter, although he was plagued with injuries. Both Batum and Oden are high efficiency role players on offense with a TS% of 64.6 and 60.5%. Their effciency is nothing short of amazing.

This Blazers team has all the tools to win many games. They have shown that, even with a squad derailed by injury, they won 50 games and was the 6th seed. It would be no surprise to me that they improve on that win column if that group manages to stay healthy and improve at the same time.

It would be a joy to all Portland Trail Blazers fans if the core stays healthy and bring them an enjoyable season.

Giuseppe
08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
:jack

lil_penny
08-02-2010, 10:55 AM
God bless this team.. and even its haters

21_Blessings
08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Last season was supposed to be year two of the new Blazer Laker killer dynasty. Funny how that worked out.

tlongII
08-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Last season was supposed to be year two of the new Blazer Laker killer dynasty. Funny how that worked out.

No not even close. Nobody picked the Blazers to even make the WCF during the last 2 years. Actually nobody is picking them this year either. That's why it will be sooooo SWEET! It's clear to anyone with half a brain that we have FAR more talent than any other team in the West. That includes the Lakers. We just had an anomaly of a year last year with all of the freak injuries. The health pendulum will swing back in our favor now and I see us getting to the Finals. The only other team in the West with a chance is the Lakers, but they're too old.

JamStone
08-02-2010, 12:11 PM
No not even close. Nobody picked the Blazers to even make the WCF during the last 2 years.

Lol you did like you're doing now for the upcoming season.

John HollinPER
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
According to my Greg Oden Bust Metric (GOBM), his value has actually decreased from 98.7% to a 91.1%, giving blazer nation renewed hope to defeat the Empire.

HeatChamps
08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
:lol Blazers? Heat will own everyone. End of story.

Drachen
08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
No not even close. Nobody picked the Blazers to even make the WCF during the last 2 years. Actually nobody is picking them this year either. That's why it will be sooooo SWEET! It's clear to anyone with half a brain that we have FAR more talent than any other team in the West. That includes the Lakers. We just had an anomaly of a year last year with all of the freak injuries. The health pendulum will swing back in our favor now and I see us getting to the Finals. The only other team in the West with a chance is the Lakers, but they're too old.

Didn't the Blazers have an extremely talented team in the late 90's-early 2000s?

tlongII
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Didn't the Blazers have an extremely talented team in the late 90's-early 2000s?

Obviously, and they would have won the 2000 NBA Championship had it not been for Stern's fixing of the WCF that year.

tlongII
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Lol you did like you're doing now for the upcoming season.

I was referring to media.

Killakobe81
08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I was referring to media.

BS jon Barry those tools on NBATV (smitty maybe)many have pointed at the Blazers IF they can stay healthy ...

AS for the roy taking that next step ...I watched the guy in college his game (when healthy) smooth as silk.

BUT he has a history of injuries (some nagging some major) I HIGHLY doubt he will hit Kobe level ... there is a better chnace that kobe will soon drop to his. Which is fine Roy is an All-star but he is not as good as wade at his best and not even close to kobe at his.

Roy Im calling it right now will be "similar" to TMAC hot ish for a few seasons before injuries do him in ...I hope I am wrong ...but I called his injury last year as well ...Remember Tlong?

that was right after your bynum LOL thread ...

Don Ready
08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm a bandwagon fan.

Yes we know :tu

Ashy Larry
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
lol .... just hope Oden isn't the one holding up the Blazers

Hooks
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Thunder>>>>>Blazers

The Thunder are gonna tear shit up in a few years.

21_Blessings
08-02-2010, 05:45 PM
If the Blazers made a play for CP3 then the NBA could start taking them seriously. Otherwise they're just the scrappy upstart with a minimal ceiling.

tlongII
08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
BS jon Barry those tools on NBATV (smitty maybe)many have pointed at the Blazers IF they can stay healthy ...

AS for the roy taking that next step ...I watched the guy in college his game (when healthy) smooth as silk.

BUT he has a history of injuries (some nagging some major) I HIGHLY doubt he will hit Kobe level ... there is a better chnace that kobe will soon drop to his. Which is fine Roy is an All-star but he is not as good as wade at his best and not even close to kobe at his.

Roy Im calling it right now will be "similar" to TMAC hot ish for a few seasons before injuries do him in ...I hope I am wrong ...but I called his injury last year as well ...Remember Tlong?

that was right after your bynum LOL thread ...

Roy is already better than Wade and he doesn't need to be as good as Kobe was at his best since we have more talent.

tlongII
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
and LOL Thunder... :lmao

Brazil
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes we know :tu

troll alert

tomtom
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
We shall prevail!

Nathan89
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Blazers need to get tony parker or cp3 to be dangerous for years to come.

Koolaid_Man
08-02-2010, 06:52 PM
lol thinking Roy can lead a team to a title

Roy is slighter better than Jalen Rose IMO...

Koolaid_Man
08-02-2010, 09:13 PM
ohh and just FYI

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/portland.jpg

tlongII
08-02-2010, 10:39 PM
ohh and just FYI

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/portland.jpg

That's okay. Those numbers are clearly starting to turn around now.

Killakobe81
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Roy is already better than Wade and he doesn't need to be as good as Kobe was at his best since we have more talent.

You lost me here.

In what world?!

Wade was the leading scorer on a gold medal Olympian NBA chapion and Finals MVP and (even though it means little to me but it does to some) All-star game MVP ...Wade sits hire in the MVP voting and All-NBA teams ...

By what criteria outside of Blazermania land is roy ALREADY better than Wade?

tlongII
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
You lost me here.

In what world?!

Wade was the leading scorer on a gold medal Olympian NBA chapion and Finals MVP and (even though it means little to me but it does to some) All-star game MVP ...Wade sits hire in the MVP voting and All-NBA teams ...

By what criteria outside of Blazermania land is roy ALREADY better than Wade?

Head to Head matchups and unbiased visual observance. Roy's the better player. Wade gets more hype, but Roy is the better player.

Killakobe81
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Head to Head matchups and unbiased visual observance. Roy's the better player. Wade gets more hype, but Roy is the better player.

would that be your observance? LMAO ...

no doubt Wade is a bit overhyped by his endorsements and his amazing finals performance ...

but even if we say they are close (talentwise) Wade has won more and accomplished more.

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
would that be your observance? LMAO ...

no doubt Wade is a bit overhyped by his endorsements and his amazing finals performance ...

but even if we say they are close (talentwie) Wade has won more and accomplished more.

Don't take the bait, killa. That is part of tlong's schtick: he is a Blazer homer to the EXTREME. Ask him if he thinks Aldridge is better than Dirk, Duncan, or Gasol and you'll see what I mean.

Or better yet, ask him where he thinks Oden will rank among the top centers this year, barring ANOTHER injury, of course.

Killakobe81
08-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't take the bait, killa. That is part of tlong's schtick: he is a Blazer homer to the EXTREME. Ask him if he thinks Aldridge is better than Dirk, Duncan, or Gasol and you'll see what I mean.

Or better yet, ask him where he thinks Oden will rank among the top centers this year, barring ANOTHER injury, of course.

appreciate it dunc ...how have you been?

But this doesnt bother me im not a huge wade fan but i do respect his game ...

Venti Quattro
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Who is worse, mike rice or tlongII?

Chieflion
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Who is worse, mike rice or tlongII?

They are the same being, tbh.

redzero
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Head to Head matchups

Which is an extremely weak argument, considering that Wade and Roy face off twice a year out of 82 games.

and unbiased visual observance.

If it was unbiased observance, you wouldn't put Roy ahead of Wade when the latter is clearly a better player.

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
appreciate it dunc ...how have you been?

But this doesnt bother me im not a huge wade fan but i do respect his game ...

I'm good. Been able to post more while the trolls taking their 31 day hiatus. Can't stand that crap and how they flood the board with worthless threads.

Some good discussions going on in here for once.

I'm a Wade fan, because he's fearless when going to the rim. They way Manu used to be. Now Manu shoots too many step-backs, due to age/bumps/bruses, of course.

I do think Wade gets a few too many ticky-tack calls his way though, but all great guards do.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
You know, I don't even think about the Blazers anymore. If they ever put it together I'll be the one asking around the bar wondering who those players are. Same with Houston.

Red Hawk #21
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Please, never use the term "unbiased" when you're speaking about yourself. Comments like the one above is why you have no credibility. :wakeup

Spursfan092120
08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
TLong's trolling is slowly becoming entertaining.

tlongII
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
LOL @ anyone who doesn't think Oden will be a top 3 center in the league this season. He will likely be the best center in the league this year, but 3rd best is probably his floor.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL @ anyone who doesn't think Oden will be a top 3 center in the league this season. He will likely be the best center in the league this year, but 3rd best is probably his floor.

What evidence should we have that he won't be on the sidelines by game 25? Did I miss you saying "when he's playing" or "on paper."

Theo Ratliff was the next Dikembe--when he was healthy.

Greg Oden, through no fault of his own, has put Sam Bowie to shame.

tlongII
08-03-2010, 09:49 PM
What evidence should we have that he won't be on the sidelines by game 25? Did I miss you saying "when he's playing" or "on paper."

Theo Ratliff was the next Dikembe--when he was healthy.

Greg Oden, through no fault of his own, has put Sam Bowie to shame.

Oden is completely healthy and highly unlikely to suffer another serious injury.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Oden is completely healthy and highly unlikely to suffer another serious injury.

Says who? You?

82 of a possible 246 games. Let him put a full season together before you make that assertion.

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Oden, like Ilgauskas in his early years, will put his best foot forward in trying to become a Top 5 center. That is, whichever foot(or knee... or hip...) isn't broken....

tlongII
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Says who? You?

82 of a possible 246 games. Let him put a full season together before you make that assertion.

Oh, I suppose you question my medical knowledge too huh? Trust me, I'm fully qualified to make the assertion that Oden is very likely to be as fully healthy as any other center in the league for the next 10 years.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Oh, I suppose you question my medical knowledge too huh? Trust me, I'm fully qualified to make the assertion that Oden is very likely to be as fully healthy as any other center in the league for the next 10 years.

Then let's count the games and the impact of the next 10 years. If you know then you know. But I won't be convinced until I see it.

DJ Mbenga
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Roy is slighter better than Jalen Rose IMO...

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2010/07/28/072810-NBA-Toughest-Coaching-Jobs-Gallery2-JW_20100728165401_600_400.JPG

Chieflion
08-03-2010, 11:48 PM

Is that center Andrew Bynum tbh?