PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to argue that Manu isn't our 2nd best player?

IceColdBrewski
05-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Just curious. I've been slammed many times for mentioning that Manu was our #2 ahead of Parker. Are there any people left on that bandwagon?

myhc
05-17-2005, 10:28 PM
:elephant

IceColdBrewski
05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Guess not.

Spurminator
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
When was the last time anyone said Parker was better than Ginobili?

Shit first the Kidd thread now this, did I wake up from a long dream and it's really 2003 all over again or what?

2centsworth
05-17-2005, 11:51 PM
He's arguably our best player.

IceColdBrewski
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
When was the last time anyone said Parker was better than Ginobili?

About two months ago if memory serves me correctly.

Dre_7
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Dude, its been obvious for a long time that Manu is our #2 guy!

SPARKY
How many idiots...er, people are on the "Beno > TP" bandwagon?

I see to remember only one. Great job by Blewski to attempt to deflect attention from his stupidity.

Spurminator
I think your memory serves only to justify yourself for trumpeting the same tired shtick on a nightly basis.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Hell, right now he's our best player. Forget #2.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
my thoughts exactly, but spurs don't win without Tim. We need Tim to play huge, 5'10" 300lbs Danny Fortson can't get away with checking him.

Dre_7
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Looks like Tims injury might have been somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Manu is AMAZING right now!!

Hell yeah!!

Manu on Fire!!

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Uh I'd still take that Duncan guy.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:07 AM

I never said that. As a matter of fact, I remember saying that Parker was better than Beno at this point. Nice try though.

If you have to make shit up, why even try?

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Actually, you did write that. Such is your hate of Parker that you would posit such stupidity.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Actually, you did write that. Such is your hate of Parker that you would posit such stupidity.
Sparky, you have to admit that TP had a lowsy game tonight!

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 12:10 AM

Let's see, Manu scores 39 and we win.

Tim scores 35 and we lose.

Manu leads the team in assists we win.

Tim has 5 turnovers we lose.

Manu > Tim in the playoffs so far.

Oh yeah, and Tony blew tonight. Happy Birthday, anyway. Better luck on Thursday, eh?

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:11 AM

Where? Show me. I'll bet you $100.00 right here and now that I never said it. As a matter of fact, I can show you the thread where I said that Parker was better right now.

SequSpur
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Manu is not even close to being the number 2 player on the Spurs.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Tim didn't blow tonight people!!! he had 20 points and 14 rebounds!! Although I do agree that Manu is having a better playoff performance than Tim right now. Tim is still the best player on this team!

SPARKY
Fuck man I am not going to waste the time to collect that money from your mama. I am not the only one who recalls you making that argument. Perhaps that thread has been archived.

2centsworth
it's all over, don't you remember?

IceColdBrewski

I know you like to start shit but it's obvious that you're getting desperate at this point.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Fuck man I am not going to waste the time to collect that money from your mama.

Just as I thought. You're talking out of your ass and you know it. I can find the old thread where I said that Parker is better. You'd better think of something fast. Your credibility is about to be ZERO

firepopovich
i dont want to turn this into a manu vs duncan thread but ginobili is the true leader and heart of soul of the spurs.

UnknownPlayer
Manu can't even play 30 minutes per game, and you think he's our 2nd best player???

Just read our CIA-POP-JUNIOR aka Timvp. He's the only one who knows what Gino can play and how much. :smokin :smokin

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
You said straight up you wanted Beno over TP and that it was time to move him. Go take out the trash man you wouldn't want Mother to get mad.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Your act is tired. Whenever TP has a strong game you are nowhere to be found. When another Spur does then you immediately have to compare that player to TP.

2centsworth
Brewski would take Tmass at point before parker.

UnknownPlayer
i dont want to turn this into a manu vs duncan thread but ginobili is the true leader and heart of soul of the spurs.

I read that he's first place on the national waiting list for a donor heart. :drunk

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Way to punk out Sparky. Guess we know what you're made of now. I called you out and bet you $100.00. All you could do was try to change the subject.

Congrats. From now on, Sparky = Punk.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Fucking post the thread man I thought you said you had it?

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Fucking post the thread man I thought you said you had it?

$100.00. Whussup Punk? You man enough to take the bet?

T Park
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Whenever TP has a strong game you are nowhere to be found.

Get it right, hes "working"

smeagol
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Who is then, genius?

Extra Stout
05-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Manu is the Spurs' playoff MVP so far.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM

No doubt about it.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
$100.00. Whussup Punk? You man enough to take the bet?

Sure I'll take your rent money. Post it already.

T Park

I think everyone will agree on that.

Spurminator
Arguably the NBA's Playoff MVP. Maybe Wade, but he hasn't had to play a real Playoff team yet.

Amare is up there as well. But I think Manu is becoming a legit superstar as we speak, and should be a lock for many more All Star appearances.

Extra Stout
05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Would Bernie Lancicome commit suicide if Manu were to win Finals MVP?

ducks
05-18-2005, 12:41 AM
nazr was the mvp tonight
manu wasaseom but noone expected nazr to do what he did tonight

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Would Bernie Lancicome commit suicide if Manu were to win Finals MVP?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PROBABLY!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Go ahead and mark it down and remember this:

If the Spurs win the NBA Title this year, Manu will be the NBA Finals MVP.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Go ahead and mark it down and remember this:

If the Spurs win the NBA Title this year, Manu will be the NBA Finals MVP.
apparently it's going to take Manu playing out of his mind in order for the spurs to win it all.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
nazr was the mvp tonight
??????? What game were you watching my feathered friend??? Manu fed those buckets to Nazr in a silver platter. Why can't you just give props ducks? do you dislike Manu so much? There is no question Manu was the MVP tonight, and yet you come out and say something stupid like that.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Sure I'll take your rent money. Post it already.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8786&highlight=Parker

My third post in this thread.

"Parker is the superior player right now..."

Dingle Barry
05-18-2005, 01:00 AM
I think some of you guys need to just go ahead and race your acuras on military

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:05 AM
You should've read your inital post...

Since the Spurs will be facing this dilema in the near future, lets try this out and see where it goes. Gun to your head. You have to pick one now. Who do you take and why?

I take Beno...

Pay up.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:10 AM
You should've read your inital post...

Pay up.

I said I would take Beno over Parker but that Parker was the superior player "right now". You accused me of saying "Beno > Parker". I never said that. That is what the bet was about and you know it.

Ya know what. Nevermind. Go ahead and play stupid. I don't need your money. You never had any intentions of honoring the bet anyway. It was fun enough to expose you for the punk that you are.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:13 AM
You said to choose one of them now and you said you choose Beno. Fuck man you just cost yourself $100 by your own hand.

But don't fret. Someone cost themselves $22 mil by signing a piece of paper with Brent Barry's name on it.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 01:14 AM
I said I would take Beno over Parker but that Parker was the superior player "right now". You accused me of saying "Beno > Parker". I never said that. That is what the bet was about and you know it.

Ya know what. Nevermind. Go ahead and play stupid. I don't need your money. You never had any intentions of honoring the bet anyway. It was fun enough to expose you for the punk that you are.

Brewski,

I think saying you would take Beno over Parker is saying that Beno > Parker.

Otherwise, why would you take Beno if he was < Parker.

Don't know what you bet was, but as bad as Parker plays sometimes, Beno still can barely sniff Tony's Jock.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Pay up, bitch.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Brewski,

Skewed logic doesn't take away from the fact that I said that Parker was the superior player. Anyone with a brain could see that I was talking about Beno being the better choice for the future.

Use some common sense and learn how to read.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:24 AM
nazr was the mvp tonight
whatever ducks . . .

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:24 AM
You said you would choose Beno "now". "Logic" would dictate that you pay up now, Bitch.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:25 AM
yeah we read.

If I had a gun to my head and had to make a choice I would go with Beno.

That means

Beno > Parker

Only your skewed logic makes it not so.

Whats next, a new definition for the word 'is'???

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Skewed logic doesn't take away from the fact that I said that Parker was the superior player. Anyone with a brain could see that I was talking about Beno being the better choice for the future.

Use some common sense and learn how to read.

You're contradicting yourself, but you don't know it.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Brew,

I'll give you this. Beno may not be hitting his shots right now, or getting many assist, but he sure is slow.

timvp
IceColdBrewski owes Sparky some money.

Let's see if he mans up or tries to wimp out of it.

He was asked to pick now and he picked Beno, thus Beno > Tony.

Simple logic.

Pay up.

smeagol
Brewski,

No.

I'd take Parker over Kidd but Kidd > Parker. There are other reasons to prefer one player over another aside from who is the better player right now(age, size of contract, etc)

From what I read, brewski is right.

MB is the one who should be paying.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:30 AM
No.

I'd take Parker over Kidd but Kidd > Parker. There are other reasons to prefer one player over another aside from who is the better player right now(age, size of contract, etc)

Agreed

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 01:31 AM
I didn't see you guys shake on it. So I guess no one is paying anyone.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Oh look. All the Brewski haters think I should pay up. What a shoker.

The bet was that I never said that "Beno is greater than parker". Which I clearly never said. If I had bet that I never said "I would take Beno over Parker", then yes I would have lost the bet. I never said that Beno is greater than Parker. I said quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

Only you Brewski haters could contrive a theory in which I somehow uttered these words without actually saying them. :rolleyes

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Uh he wrote that he would take Udrih now over Parker. Hence, in his estimation, Beno > TP. Regardless of the reason that is the obvious implication of his statement.

He claimed that he made no such argument. He did. Therefore, he owes me his rent money.

At least that is the way it reads in the original English...

smeagol
I'd prefer Manu over any player in the NBA, but I feel man love for the guy :lol

I know MaNuMaNiA agrees on this one too.

2centsworth
No.

Flawed because you're considering age. When it comes to Tony and Beno Age is not a consideration.

MaNuMaNiAc
I didn't see you guys shake on it. So I guess no one is paying anyone.
LOL Nice way to settle the argument :lmao Ofcourse a verbal contract also applies. Although I don't know if this falls into verbal contract ot written contract 'cause... well obvious reasons lol. Either way, I'm sure neither will pay. Its just fun to see them arguing.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Uh he wrote that he would take Udrih now over Parker. At least that is the way it reads in the original English...
Read my post.

I wold take Manu over VC, although, many would argue VC is the better player.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Read my post.

I wold take Manu over VC, although, many would argue VC is the better player.
Only Sequ would argue that.

timvp
At least this bet got the thread away from the Parker vs. Manu debate. Like that hasn't been run into the ground.

T Park
its Bill Clinton reincarnated lol.

I never said that exactly!!!

what a bozo.

beirmeistr
05-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Pound for pound, Ginobili might be the best Spur, but good old Tim is still the number one Spur. Manu is second best.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Flawed because you're considering age. When it comes to Tony and Beno Age is not a consideration.
You're not getting the point! He never said why he chose Beno over Parker, he only said that he would chose Beno over Parker, and that could be for a million reasons. He could have a crush on Beno for all we know, LOL! :lmao The point is he NEVER said Beno is greater than Parker. In fact he specifically said Parker was the better player.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:38 AM
He might have other reasons (the size of TP's contract, maybe he thinks TP is injury prone, I don't know).

The fact is preferring one player over another, NOW, does not automatically mean you think that player you prefer is BETTER than the other one.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:38 AM
No.

He's wrong and he knows it. It's funny watching him squirm though. No biggie. He obviously needs to keep his money pretty badly so I'm not gonna make a big deal about it. I never really wanted it to begin with. I just can't stand posters who have to make shit up about other posters just to prove their point.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:40 AM
I didn't make up any shit I simply quoted the first thing I saw when I clicked on the link you posted.

Fuck man you are that stupid.

It takes a tad bit more to faze me.

T Park
lol...

If I had to choose one right now, id choose Beno.

HOW IS THAT NOT

BENO > PARKER!??!??

only that fuzzy logic.

2centsworth
He might have other reasons (the size of TP's contract, maybe he thinks TP is injury prone, I don't know).

That's a stretch. However, if you read the rest of the thread you can reasonably deduce he meant Beno has more Game. but I don't give a shit.

smeagol
its Bill Clinton reincarnated lol.

I never said that exactly!!!

what a bozo.
I have to agree with brewski one more time. Your hate for the guy does not let you see that, in this case, he is right.

I don't like his takes on Tony either and I have clashed with him in the past, but this time he is right.

Unless MB can find another thread which would prove his point.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:43 AM
I have to agree with brewski one more time. Your hate for the guy does not let you see that, in this case, he is right.

I don't like his takes on Tony either and I have clashed with him in the past, but this time he is right.

Unless MB can find another thread which would prove his point.

He wrote that he would choose Beno over Parker "now". Seems rather clear to me. If you want a link Blewski's provided it in this thread.

I don't have to do a thing, considering the other party managed to prove my point all by himself.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Your hate for the guy does not let you see that, in this case, he is right

no, your absentmindedness is wrong.

Saying

IF I HAD A CHOICE, I WOULD CHOOSE BENO!

MEANS

BENO > PARKER

how fucking hard is that to understand!?!?!?!?!??

smeagol
lol...

If I had to choose one right now, id choose Beno.

HOW IS THAT NOT

BENO > PARKER!??!??

only that fuzzy logic.
Did you read my argument?

First question: If you had to pick between Parker and Kidd, who would you pick?

Second question: Who is currently the better player?

I wouldn't take Beno over Tony if my life depended on it, but brewski has a point.

If you can't follow the "logic", its your problem.

SPARKY
Pay up, Bitch.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I didn't make up any shit I simply quoted the first thing I saw when I clicked on the link you posted.

Fuck man you are that stupid.

It takes a tad bit more to faze me.

You're lost aren't you. You were "making shit up" when you swore up and down that I said that "Beno is greater than Parker" when I never said it.

But go ahead and weasel your way out of it. That's what punks do.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:46 AM
He wrote that he would choose Beno over Parker "now". Seems rather clear to me. If you want a link Blewski's provided it in this thread.

I don't have to do a thing, considering the other party managed to prove my point all by himself.
Well Sparky if you want to be stuborn then that's your problem, but smeagol already refuted your point of view, rather clearly I might add, and you have not countered him other than restating the same thing over and over. Its not that we like Brewsky (he can be an ass sometimes), but in this case he is right, and it just happens to be the one time you decided to bet :lmao

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:48 AM
You're lost aren't you. You were "making shit up" when you swore up and down that I said that "Beno is greater than Parker" when I never said it.

But go ahead and weasel your way out of it. That's what punks do.

Again,

Since the Spurs will be facing this dilema in the near future, lets try this out and see where it goes. Gun to your head. You have to pick one now. Who do you take and why?

I take Beno...

You went with Beno over Parker "now". Hence, according to you, Beno is more preferable to Parker now. An argument which can also be represented as "Beno > TP".

Pay up, bitch.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:48 AM
If you can't follow the "logic", its your problem

not my problem at all.

But ignoring

If I had a choice Id take Beno, is not saying Beno > Parker then youve got to go back to school.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:49 AM
IF I HAD A CHOICE, I WOULD CHOOSE BENO!

MEANS

BENO > PARKER

how fucking hard is that to understand!?!?!?!?!??
For the last time: NO.

There's a million reasons why I would pick player A over player B, even though I believe B is the better player "now".

I have explained it to you more than once.

If you and SPARKY don't get it, again, its your problem.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:49 AM

I take Beno...

Pick NOW

Now do we get into the definition of "now" ?!??!?

Unbelieveable.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Did you read my argument?

First question: If you had to pick between Parker and Kidd, who would you pick?

Second question: Who is currently the better player?

I wouldn't take Beno over Tony if my life depended on it, but brewski has a point.

If you can't follow the "logic", its your problem. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to consider salary, age, game, etc then one player is better than the other, period. You can't justify not taking a stand in this case. This is beyond brewski and sparky, it's a question of logic.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:51 AM
There's a million reasons why I would pick player A over player B, even though I believe B is the better player "now".

here is the problem with YOUR logic.

He never said, I have a million reasons why I like Parker better,

he said

ONCE AGAIN

if you had to pick NOW

I WOULD TAKE BENO

HOW CAN THAT BE INTERPRETED ANY OTHER WAY!?!?!???

ARG!!!!

smeagol
If I had a choice Id take Beno, is not saying Beno > Parker then youve got to go back to school.

TPark, answer the question: Given the choice between Kidd and TP, who would you pick?

Kori Ellis

I take Beno...

If this is the post in question, then Brewski is NOT saying that Beno>Parker. He is just saying that he would pick Beno. And I would assume that he said so because he thinks Beno has more long-term potential. He has said in other posts that he knows Parker is a better player right now.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Oh JUST GIVE UP SMEAGOL!! THESE 2 ARE MORE THICKHEADED THAN A PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS!!!

http://dinosauricon.com/images/pachycephalosaurus-ong.gif

^^ = TPark and Sparky!! :lmao Try and get through THAT skull!!

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:52 AM
The little bitch posts a thread asking who people would select today between Parker and Udrih and he said that he would select Udrih.

This is rather clear no matter how much Blewski's Argentine defense counsel would like to muddy it up.

Pay up, Bitch.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Give it up T-Park. We all know you hate my guts and would just love to see me lose this bet.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Given the choice between Kidd and TP, who would you pick?

Tony Parker.

Kidd is running around on 1 leg, and Tell me exactly why you sacrafice a kid at 23 for a guy with 2 years left?

No fuckin brainer.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:55 AM
If this is the post in question, then Brewski is NOT saying that Beno>Parker. He is just saying that he would pick Beno. And I would assume that he said so because he thinks Beno has more long-term potential. He has said in other posts that he knows Parker is a better player right now.
This is what I'm talking about.

Given that Kori has more credibility than Smeagol, MaNuMaNiA and brewski together . . . case closed.

SPARKY, 2cents, TPark take it up with the boss.

2centsworth
If long-term potential outweighs short-term gains then you're saying A>B.

T Park
. We all know you hate my guts and would just love to see me lose this bet.

god grow a pair Ray Allen.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Tony Parker.

Kidd is running around on 1 leg, and Tell me exactly why you sacrafice a kid at 23 for a guy with 2 years left?

No fuckin brainer.
Thanks.

Now answer the second question:

Today, 2005, who is the better player: Kidd or Parker?

SPARKY
The problem most of you are having is that I never said that he claimed that Beno was the superior player today, only that he had argued that "Beno > Parker" based on his preference.

Pay up, Bitch.

IceColdBrewski
The little bitch posts a thread asking who people would select today between Parker and Udrih and he said that he would select Udrih.

This is rather clear no matter how much Blewski's Argentine defense counsel would like to muddy it up.

Pay up, Bitch.

Um.....yeah.

Buh-bye Sparky. It was fun in the beggining but now I'm starting to see that I might as well have been toying with a pile of dogshit.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:57 AM
The problem most of you are having is that I never said that he claimed that Beno was the superior player, only that he had argued that "Beno > Parker" based on his preference.

Pay up, Bitch.
Stop changing the damn argument, YOU NEVER MENTIONED PREFERENCE!!! Either way, this argument is getting old.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Pay up, Bitch.

Don't you have a C note on you? Surely you can find one in the back of your IROC...

smeagol
05-18-2005, 01:58 AM

Pay up, Bitch.
Marcus "many names" Bryant, its you who has to pay. You are a stubborn jackass and you will never admit you are wrong, but its you who lost the fucking bet.

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 01:59 AM
The problem most of you are having is that I never said that he claimed that Beno was the superior player today, only that he had argued that "Beno > Parker" based on his preference.

Pay up, Bitch.

:lmao

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Marcus "many names" Bryant, its you who has to pay. You are a stubborn jackass and you will never admit you are wrong, but its you who lost the fucking bet.

Lost what bet? He said he preferred Beno over TP "now". I simply reiterated that with the representation of "Beno > TP". The first post in the thread he provided bore that out.

Even an Argentine should be able to figure that out.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Sparky is not stubborn, he's closed minded. Brewski is drunk. And I'm wondering how I got myself involved in this mess. You win Smeagol!

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Stop changing the damn argument, YOU NEVER MENTIONED PREFERENCE!!! Either way, this argument is getting old.

He was expressing his opinion was he not?

Try again.

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Today, 2005, who is the better player: Kidd or Parker

Id say Parker.

When Parker is playing well, hes better than Jason Kidd.

other than assists and rebounds, WTF does kidd do?? Hes a horrible shooter, hes bad offensively period.

Rebounds assists.

Parker is good and better now, will be even better by light years in about 4 years.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Lost what bet? He said he preferred Beno over TP "now". I simply reiterated that with the representation of "Beno > TP". The first post in the thread he provided bore that out.

Even an Argentine should be able to figure that out.
aaah, see? now its all starting to make sense. You're not thickheaded, you're just retarded... All clear now, have a nice life

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Here is my orignal post in this thread:

I see to remember only one. Great job by Blewski to attempt to deflect attention from his stupidity.

Pay up, Bitch.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Id say Parker.

other than assists and rebounds, WTF does kidd do?? Hes a horrible shooter, hes bad offensively period.

Rebounds assists.

Parker is good and better now, will be even better by light years in about 4 years.
You can't possibly be serious!!?? How many triple doubles has Kidd had?? How many has TP had?

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:04 AM
aaah, see? now its all starting to make sense. You're not thickheaded, you're just retarded... All clear now, have a nice life

Argentine maids are the best.

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Yeah ims erious.

Lose your hate for Parker and open your eyes.

The kid is 23 not 32.

He also never went to college here in america like Kidd and still learns quite a bit.

But heaven forbid a fuckin argentinian admit Parker is good.

GTFO.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Sparky and TPark, cool it on the Nationality smack. Thanks.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Pay up, Bitch.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Id say Parker.

Rebounds assists.

You are entitled to you opinion. Probably 90% of the NBA fans outside SA would say Kidd is the better player. But they would agree with you that it makes sense to pick Parker over Kidd.

So you see, TPark, you can still pick TP over Kidd but believe Kidd is the better player.

And that's precisely what brewski did. He believes Tony is the better player but he would pick Beno. I personally think he is nuts, but he is wright, and MB is wrong.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Argentine maids are the best.
Gee... umm... that hurt? you sure are the brightest bulb in the shed, I bet you're the pride and joy of your family!

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:10 AM
TPark, you can still pick TP over Kidd but believe Kidd is the better player

only if you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Thats the stupidest fuckin thing Ive ever seen.
You cant pick one guy over the other, but say the other is the better player.

That is called retardation.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 02:11 AM

it's called not taking a stand.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:11 AM
SPARKY, aside from making an ass of yourself by insulting my nationality, have you read my posts regarding Kidd and TP, and the logic behind my argument.

Would you care to respond in an intelligent way, or the best you have is "Argentine maids are the best"

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Again, smeagol, he stated that he preferred Beno over Parker now. It does not matter if he thinks Parker is the better player today with regards to the "bet". What matters is that he said that he would select Beno over Parker now if he had to choose between them. Hence his preference can be represented as "Beno > TP".

Obviously that is not a popular choice in this forum, all things considered.

So my original claim stands and I win the bet, regardless of whatever the fuck you want to throw at me.

Maybe you can honor Blewski's wager since you feel so passionately about trying to save his hide.

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:14 AM
it's called not taking a stand.

Smeagol = John Kerry?!?!?!?

IceColdBrewski
05-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Still trying to save face eh Sparky?

Look. I already said you can keep your money. Why don't you quit now while you still have a shred of credidbility left.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:15 AM

I give up.

I've spent over an hour trying to explain the concept, which many people including Kori understands, but you don't seem to grasp it.

I need to catch some sleep.

See you tomorrow.

GO SPURS GO

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:16 AM
I already said you can keep your money

WHy should he give up any, you'r the one that lost.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Gordan Giricek >>>>> Manu Ginobili.

We gave up on the wrong guy.

Oh wait, I'm not GhostWriter.

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I've spent over an hour trying to explain the concept

I understand your "concept"

Its called like 2 cents said, NOT TAKING A FUCKIN STAND.

Your either FOR the player or your NOT, you cant be BOTH!!

There is no GREY, its black and white.

Good lord what a baby.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:19 AM
What matters is that he said that he would select Beno over Parker now if he had to choose between them. Hence his preference can be represented as "Beno > TP".
Again, for the one millionth time.

Preferring player A over player B does not automatically mean that player A is better than B.

I gave you the Kidd vs Parker example.

Please, discuss this with other people, aside from TPark and 2cents, you will see what I mean.

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Preferring player A over player B does not automatically mean that player A is better than B

uhhh, If you PREFER PLayer A over player B, then you obviously think Player A is BETTER than player B.

If player B is better than Player A, you would TAKE Player B!!!!!

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Again, for the one millionth time.

Preferring player A over player B does not automatically mean that player A is better than B.

I gave you the Kidd vs Parker example.

Please, discuss this with other people, aside from TPark and 2cents, you will see what I mean.

Again, I never claimed that he said that Beno was the superior player to Parker, only that he preferred Beno "now".

Try again.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
I understand your "concept"

Its called like 2 cents said, NOT TAKING A FUCKIN STAND.

Your either FOR the player or your NOT, you cant be BOTH!!

There is no GREY, its black and white.

Good lord what a baby.
No you fucking imbecile. That's not what it means. It has nothing to do with not taking a stand.

I will say it again, slowly this time, so your dumb brain can absorb it.

Kidd is better than Parker (maybe you don't think so, but 90% of the NBA fans do). But because of Parker's age and because of Kidd's contract, I would pick Parker over Kidd in a heartbeat.

But Kidd is the better player.

Is it clear now, nitwit?

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:31 AM
Again, I never claimed that he said that Beno was the superior player to Parker, only that he preferred Beno "now".

Try again.

This is your first post in this thread. Brewski made a bet over this statement.

He said he never said Beno > TP.

Here's what he said:

I never said that. As a matter of fact, I remember saying that Parker was better than Beno at this point.

To what you replayed:

Actually, you did write that

And he then made the bet:

Where? Show me. I'll bet you $100.00 right here and now that I never said it.

You never said anything about preference, such as what you are claiming now.

Cut the crap, MB.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:34 AM
uhhh, If you PREFER PLayer A over player B, then you obviously think Player A is BETTER than player B.

If player B is better than Player A, you would TAKE Player B!!!!!
So you don't think there are other factors at work when you pick one player over another (age, contract size, will he be a good fit for the team).

You are a lost cause.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Smeagol = John Kerry?!?!?!?
Tpark = a cube of concrete

but

Tpark > MB

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Again, I did state that he wrote that he preferred Beno over Parker "now." That is precisely what I referring to when I posted:

Actually, you did write that

It doesn't matter if he thinks that Parker is the superior player today. All that matters is that he said that he would go with Beno over Parker today or "now".

His link to that old thread bore it out that he preferred Beno to TP "now". Which of course can also be represented by "Beno > TP".

So Bitch needs to pay up.

fonzy16
05-18-2005, 07:35 AM
i'm not gonna argue if manu is #2 or #3 or even #1 in our team. But fact is IMO without Manu's performance in this playoff Spurs would have trouble against Denver and Seatlle and probably be fishing already. I still expect Duncan to bring his A game...

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Manu would not be traded for anyone in the league not named Lebron or Wade.

He is the second best player on the team and a top 10 player in the league.

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 08:13 AM
I am going to post this again, in ase you do not want to comment in my thread.

Tell me if you agree with my assertion.

Manu is one of the few athletes in sports that once mad or discouraged with his or his team's play will always come back strong to make ammends.

TP will go into a funk and play even worse sometimes, especially in the playoffs when he gets down on himself. Sometimes even TD will think too much, especially at the FT line and get worse.

But Manu, when they interviewed him on Monday was steaming mad, you could see the fire burning in his eyes. I just knew that he would lead the team in scoring and I knew he would have a career night from his past history.

He is the MJ of this team, when he is sick or mad, you better just watch out.

He was not goijng to allow this team to lose. I think last year, he still was not comfortable enough to lead this team, he was probably wanting to defer to TD or even Hedo who was put ahead of him in the starting rotation. But now, he is comfortable in his leadership roll and he is ready to go to the next level, if he has not already.

I am looking for him to lead this team to victory on Thursday, and TP better be there to help, because they need all 3 to close out that series on the road.

Gatita
05-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah ims erious.

Lose your hate for Parker and open your eyes.

The kid is 23 not 32.

He also never went to college here in america like Kidd and still learns quite a bit.

But heaven forbid a fuckin argentinian admit Parker is good.

GTFO.

I am still waiting for Tony Parker to dazzel and amaze me with his skills. That "fuckin" Aregentino is assisting TD and making the Spurs advance. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for TP to all of a sudden catch a clue about what the hell is going on.

waly.mg
05-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Manu is the Best player of San Antonio, and Tim Duncan the Best of the NBA

Both are #1

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I was disappointed with TP's play last night. He did not exhibit the speed and aggressiveness we've grown accustomed to seeing from him. Honestly he looked out of it last night. I can't believe that he's afraid of contact now. Seattle's frontcourt doesn't offer anything from a physical standpoint that he hasn't seen before. He's never been afraid of contact as long as he's been a Spur. He looked physically sick to me last night.

Not to make an excuse for him, but this is something I've noticed over the last couple of games.

rascal
05-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Manu would not be traded for anyone in the league not named Lebron or Wade.

He is the second best player on the team and a top 10 player in the league.
No way is he a top 10 player in the league. He has an occasional big game but more often nothing more than an average game can be expected from Manu.

LeBron
Duncan
Shaq
Bryant
Allen
Garnett
Iverson
Amare
Nash
Wade
Marbury
carter
McGrady

There are 13 right there who are better. Edited: I forgot McGrady

LilMissSPURfect
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Timmy who?

Manu's been my guy Since day 1! It don't hurt that we have TD AND TP either...

[THE ICEMAN u]

MI21
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
He has an occasional big game but more often nothing more than an average game can be expected from Manu.

Are we still in 2002-2003?

SWC Bonfire
05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I was disappointed with TP's play last night. He did not exhibit the speed and aggressiveness we've grown accustomed to seeing from him. Honestly he looked out of it last night. I can't believe that he's afraid of contact now. Seattle's frontcourt doesn't offer anything from a physical standpoint that he hasn't seen before. He's never been afraid of contact as long as he's been a Spur. He looked physically sick to me last night.

Not to make an excuse for him, but this is something I've noticed over the last couple of games.

Sparky/Marcus?, did you notice that Manu never gave the ball to Tony when they were alone in transistion? (the 3/1 fastbreak where Manu was fouled and missed while Tony was wide open, and another one where Seattle had numbers with Manu driving to the lane but Tony was all alone by the 3pt line). Maybe a good thing, but Manu was being a ball hog.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
He's hot now, and he's better than Duncan in many phases of the game, but in the long run Tim Duncan is just a dominant force. I'd put Manu easily at second.

Gatita
05-18-2005, 09:06 AM
The dominance is obvious. :lol

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Sparky/Marcus?, did you notice that Manu never gave the ball to Tony when they were alone in transistion? (the 3/1 fastbreak where Manu was fouled and missed while Tony was wide open, and another one where Seattle had numbers with Manu driving to the lane but Tony was all alone by the 3pt line). Maybe a good thing, but Manu was being a ball hog.

I have no problem with Manu taking over. Yeah, I noticed a couple times when Manu called his own number. He had the hot hand so it's hard to argue with that. TP just did not look right last night.

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM

Manu lead the Spurs in assists! That's not being a "ball hog", that's being smart.

SpursChampsIII
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Just curious. I've been slammed many times for mentioning that Manu was our #2 ahead of Parker. Are there any people left on that bandwagon?

Consider yourself slammed again...Manu is not #2, he is #1. Duncan no longer plays with that type of intensity. Manu still wants it, but the others don't seem to want it as bad.

nkdlunch
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
^ Please don't be ridiculous

smeagol
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I just knew that he would lead the team in scoring and I knew he would have a career night from his past history

Me too. That's why I bet $3000 vbucks on him . . . and it paid off :lol

SpurYank
05-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I'll put Timmy back to #1 when someone lights a fire under him.

These are the playoffs, you know. Horry, who should know after 5 rings, says you play every playoff game as if "you win or go home."

smeagol
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
No way is he a top 10 player in the league. He has an occasional big game but more often nothing more than an average game can be expected from Manu.

LeBron
Duncan
Shaq
Bryant
Allen
Garnett
Iverson
Amare
Nash
Wade
Marbury
carter

There are 12 right there who are better.
Who cares what you think.

Weren't you the one who picked the Nuggets over the Spurs in 6?

Why the fuck do you even post here?

You don't like the team (you bet against them).

You don't like the players (you keep bashing them and downplaying their accomplishments).

You don't like the front office (you don't like the players they picked).

Even after yesterday's win, you still have nothing good to say about the team. You sistematically post negative shit.

What's your reason for being a Spurs fan?

Last year I voted for you on the "Most Clueless Spur Fan".

I can see that after a year later, you are more clueless and more bitter than ever.

Sad.

Spurminator
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Marbury... that's funny.

SWC Bonfire
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Manu lead the Spurs in assists! That's not being a "ball hog", that's being smart.

Good point. I would have liked to see a whole lot of guys making contributions, but Manu was giving it up to Nazr pretty well and we kicked some tail because of it. Tony is just going to have to start demanding the ball (and then actually doing something with it), and then the spurs will be unstoppable.

Tony is kind of the little guy who jumps on top of the dogpile after the guy is already tackled; it seems he does best laying it on after the game is no longer in doubt.

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 10:37 AM

You don't like the players (you keep bashing them and downplaying their accomplishments).

Even after yesterday's win, you still have nothing good to say about the team. You sistematically post negative shit.

I can see that after a year later, you are more clueless and more bitter than ever.

Sad.

Yes rascal, I beg to differ. If Manu were on most of those lousy teams that those players are on, he would average 27pt/game.

He has to play within the Spurs' system, he has to defer to TD, he is the consummate team player...as I said, I would not take any player for him not named Lebron or wade.

waly.mg
05-18-2005, 10:39 AM
In LA some thought that Kobe was the best player of the team the last year and see where he is now kobe (Where?: Fishing?) and where it is Shaq (Of fishing but waiting to that the series between Detroit and Indiana finishes)

Without Duncan Manu would not be playing this level

cherylsteele
05-18-2005, 10:49 AM

Actually at times he is the best player......TP is turning out to be a distant 3rd best....in fact Nazr is starting to challenge him for the 3rd best.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Actually at times he is the best player......TP is turning out to be a distant 3rd best....in fact Nazr is starting to challenge him for the 3rd best.AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

GREAT JOKE!!!!

waly.mg
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
2005 Playoffs Points Per 48 Minutes
Player PP48
1. Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs) 35.6
2. Tracy McGrady (Houston Rockets) 34.3
3. Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) 32.8
4. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets) 32.7
4. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) 32.7
25. Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs) 24.2
27. Glenn Robinson (San Antonio Spurs) 23.5
78 Nazr Mohammed, SAS 15.7
82 Beno Udrih, SAS 15.3
111 Brent Barry, SAS 11.0

rascal
05-18-2005, 04:44 PM
You do.

YES I'm not always right like everyone else in here including yourself.

Who the fuck are you to even ask that ?
Do you have to always bet on the team you like?

I like Manu, Duncan and Parker. I also realize Parker and especially manu are both over rated in here.

Your right about that.

It all depends on your perspective. Looking thru homer glasses then that would be a yes.

Followed the team since their first year when they moved from Dallas in the ABA. They had an exciting run and gun style of play and they were effective at it. They needed a stronger interior player or else they would have won a title in the early years.

I was right on in predicting Lakers in 6 over the spurs. You picked the spurs. You were more clueless than I was.

Just an inaccurate opinion. You know nothing about me except what you perceive from a few posts I make.

tlongII
05-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I will give Ginobili his due. The man is clutch. He is definitely a big game player.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I still think Parker is better, although he hasn't got going yet, which scares me because with Duncan a shadow of his former self, this is going to be a 1 person team Manu vs. everybody.

SpursWoman
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I also realize Parker and especially manu are both over rated in here.

You think Manu is over-rated? :wtf

rascal
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
You think Manu is over-rated? :wtf

Yes in this forum he is. He is not a top 10 player in the league.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I still think Parker is better, although he hasn't got going yet, which scares me because with Duncan a shadow of his former self, this is going to be a 1 person team Manu vs. everybody.
Winning the gold medal while being the best player on the court doesn't mean much I guess.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes in this forum he is. He is not a top 10 player in the league.
anyone who thinks Vince Carter is a top ten player should never post again.

Extra Stout
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Let's see... Manu did not make any of the All-NBA teams, so it would be hard to categorize him as a top-10 player.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Who gives a fuck whos the best on the team, etc.

They are all Spurs.

2centsworth
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Let's see... Manu did not make any of the All-NBA teams, so it would be hard to categorize him as a top-10 player.
Legends are made in the playoffs.

Gatita
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM

And we can see the greatness of those who did. :lol

DDS4
05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
I think I lost some brain cells reading this entire post.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Marbury
carter

Neither of them make their team better, especially don't make their teammates better.
Game over there.

He is not a top 10 player in the league.

Ray? The pussy who has to whine in the press because someone actually showed up to guard him in a playoff series? Someone knocks down Manu, he gets back up and comes at you harder. Someone knocks down Ray, he files assault charges in the press.

He is not a top 10 player in the league.

You're right. Right now he's top 5.

Spare me the regular season bullshit too. You write your legacy in the playoffs. Right now in the playoffs the top 5 guys are:

Wade
Shaq
Amare
Nash
Manu

Go ahead and hold on to your regular season stats, I'll take World Champion/Gold Medal/NBA Title winning superstar guards over chump ass dunk contest glory boys any day.

smeagol
05-18-2005, 07:52 PM
You do.
No, I don't.

YES I'm not always right like everyone else in here including yourself.
I'm almost always right. My Vbucks speak for themselves :lol

Who the fuck are you to even ask that ?
Its a free country. I can ask whatever I want.

And given your long history of spurs-bashing, the fact that you are never around to celebrate an important victory and you always post shit after a loss, such as your already classic "I told you so", I believe my question is legit.

Do you have to always bet on the team you like?
No, but how about you bet for them . . . some of the time . . . once maybe?. It's your favorite team, isn't it?

I like Manu, Duncan and Parker. I also realize Parker and especially manu are both over rated in here.
In the 2 years I've been reading the posts in this forum, I have never seen you praise Manu or Tony once. I've seen you bashing them many times

Your right about that.
At least I got one right.

It all depends on your perspective. Looking thru homer glasses then that would be a yes.
what are you talking about? Home glasses? We won. After two poor showings, the Spurs came to play. Nazr and Manu had both career playoff games. We are 3-2 looking to close te series tomorrow. Lots of positive things to comment. And your only post is related to how Manu is overrated in this site.

Whatever rascal.

Followed the team since their first year when they moved from Dallas in the ABA. They had an exciting run and gun style of play and they were effective at it. They needed a stronger interior player or else they would have won a title in the early years.
You are the sadest SpursFan I know.

I was right on in predicting Lakers in 6 over the spurs. You picked the spurs. You were more clueless than I was.
You also said that aside from TD, the Spurs have no talent. Manu made the ASG this year, TP will make it in the near future. You were clueless. Time will prove it.

Just an inaccurate opinion. You know nothing about me except what you perceive from a few posts I make.
True. That's the way you project yourself in here. Clueless and bitter.

rascal
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
I do bet on the spurs sometimes. Picked them against Seattle.

I never said the spurs have no talent. I said the spurs pass up on many talented players and target role players. They did well in drafting Parker and Manu but I don't like managements lack of good trades or fa acquisitions especially when I see every year good players change teams and help those teams improve but nothign more than role players come to the spurs.

ducks
05-18-2005, 09:22 PM
rascal what do you think of nazr?

rascal
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Nazr is a role player. Traded one role player for another.

ducks
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
you have to trade a star player to get a star player
rascal if manu and tp are not stars how can spurs front office trade them for star players?

1Parker1
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I think I lost some brain cells reading this entire post.

:lol I agree. WTF cares who the SECOND best player on the team is?? I didn't realize they gave a runners up MVP award during finals.

GerM
05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
In LA some thought that Kobe was the best player of the team the last year and see where he is now kobe (Where?: Fishing?) and where it is Shaq (Of fishing but waiting to that the series between Detroit and Indiana finishes)

Without Duncan Manu would not be playing this level

You are comparing apples and oranges.

ShoogarBear
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I was waiting for some good fantasy evals to back up this topic.

rascal
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
you have to trade a star player to get a star player
rascal if manu and tp are not stars how can spurs front office trade them for star players?
You don't have to trade stars to get stars.