PDA

View Full Version : gamerz defend internet cafe from fake thugs

austN Spur
08-02-2010, 02:53 PM
this link has a cool video to the robbery where this chubby nerd doesnt want to give up his nintendo DS, so he slugs it out with the robbers. The whole robbery was caught on tape

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706651/Gamers-Rally-To-Defend-Internet-Cafe-From-Hoodlums-Caught-On-Video.html

austN Spur
08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
this got me thinking. is there something that you own that you definately wouldnt let go without a fight? Even if the robber might have a weapon.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
cool story. its hard to say what i would do in a robbery. so much depends on who they are and what theyre trying to pull.

Slydragon
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Taser would have made this better. Pin that guy and shock him over and over. Also this was in Hawaii? I never been there but kind of dumb to do shit like that on a island, unless your visiting and your plane leave in a hour.

MannyIsGod
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Bad ass video.

DarkReign
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Taser would have made this better. Pin that guy and shock him over and over. Also this was in Hawaii? I never been there but kind of dumb to do shit like that on a island, unless your visiting and your plane leave in a hour.

If you do one thing in life, and one thing only, make it Hawaii.

4>0rings
08-02-2010, 06:02 PM
When you're fat it's hard to get taken down even if you don't know how to fight.

TIMMYD!
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Cool video. I kinda wish I could be in a situation like that just so I could kick the shit out of the people trying to rob me.

austN Spur
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
That cash register guy took a sucker punch and he took it all
badass.

I need to get a handgun carry permit. My father in law has one and I just
feel different when we go places together.

BlackSwordsMan
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
When you're fat it's hard to get taken down even if you don't know how to fight.

wanna test this out fat boy?

benefactor
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I feel for the person that tries to rob me. When I was in my early 20's I had a car get hit four times before I finally broke down and put the alarm on it.

The last time was as I was walking my girlfriend(now wife) to her car at my apartment complex. She was parked right beside me and after sitting and talking for a minute I glanced over her shoulder and realized my window was bashed in. I stepped on to the sidewalk and looked around...seeing a light on in another car just a couple down from mine. I told her I was going to go down and ask that person if he had seen anything. As I approached the car, another car rolled up quickly and the person jumped out of the car I was approaching and into the car that had pulled up and the car sped off. I had just missed him in my car by just a few minutes....

Now vengeance in all I can think about. If you walk up on me to rob me, you'd better have a real gun with real bullets and have nuts big enough to use it...otherwise you're getting fucked up.

pawe
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Now vengeance in all I can think about. If you walk up on me to rob me, you'd better have a real gun with real bullets and have nuts big enough to use it...otherwise you're getting fucked up.

You have kids?
That was my mindset before I had a kid since the neighborhood I grew up is so messed up that even your old ass cellphone is gonna get snatched (well, they will knock you out first before stealing your shit). I got mugged twice and the second time I fought for my watch and wallet, good thing street vendors came to my aid though.
Then my son was born and I swear I will never fight back when I get mugged again.

Bean Dip
08-03-2010, 04:45 AM
That cash register guy took a sucker punch and he took it all
badass.

I need to get a handgun carry permit. My father in law has one and I just
feel different when we go places together.

Your father in law must not know how to fight.

benefactor
08-03-2010, 07:08 AM
You have kids?
That was my mindset before I had a kid since the neighborhood I grew up is so messed up that even your old ass cellphone is gonna get snatched (well, they will knock you out first before stealing your shit). I got mugged twice and the second time I fought for my watch and wallet, good thing street vendors came to my aid though.
Then my son was born and I swear I will never fight back when I get mugged again.
I do...an 11yr old. My wife says the same thing to me...that it's not worth fighting for. But I'm old school and cut from the same cloth as my father. I just don't know if I could contain my inner vigilante if I got in that situation.

Overall I think I'm pretty safe as far as getting mugged goes. Muggers tend to look for two things...people who look weak and people who aren't paying attention to thier surroundings. I am very aware of what's going on around me out of habit...constantly looking around and surveying my environment. I'm also 230lbs(not fat)...so I don't consider myself a very desirable target physically.

DieMrBond
08-03-2010, 07:17 AM

Unless your son was there, then I'd bet you'd fight like crazy... I know I would.

Stringer_Bell
08-03-2010, 08:03 AM
The only things that are worth risking harm are not things that would be desirable to robbers, so they can take my car or wallet. In the video, I'd have jumped in to help cuz those jerk-offs were sucker punching the clerk and didn't appear to have weapons other than shitty punches. I'm not afraid of fists, but guns and chainsaws are not worth fighting over shit for because you always need to assume the person fucking with you is not rationale and WILL hurt you/your family if they are freaked out enough.

austN Spur
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Your father in law must not know how to fight.

middle aged military guy. he's a scary looking white dude. i dont think you could be more wrong.

he just has an amazing gun collection. i'll put it this way. if there is a zombie apocalypse or something I'm headed to his house. i want an assault rifle:p: