PDA

View Full Version : Rookies vs. Sophomores 2011

Leetonidas
08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Who do you guys see headlining the annual Rookies vs. Sophomores game during the ASG? I don't pay much attention to college ball so I'm kinda lost on who is considered the better players of the draft. Obviously it will be Wall, Turner, and I'm assuming Blake Griffin if healthy will play for the Rookies. But who else? And what about the sophomores? If they are sporting the same team from last season, I think they take it.

TIMMYD!
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm assuming Cousins goes into the break with good stats...

Hooks
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Blair on the sophomores and possibly even Splitter on the rookies, that'd be very interesting to see those two go at it.

Jt.ONE
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
i'm more interested in seeing the SDC, last years was just horrible....

Leetonidas
08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah the SDC was the worst it's ever been last year.

Anyway, I kinda forgot about Splitter. I think if he plays solid he could probably be a backup, ala Blair last season. Doubt he makes the starting lineup though

Pistons < Spurs
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Sophs:
Curry
Tyreke
Blake
Derozan
Terrance Williams
Jerebko
Blair

Rooks:
Cousins
Wall
Favors
Turner
Ed Davis
Lance Stephenson
Monroe

The Rooks will loaded with guards, but limited in bigs. While the Rooks will have a ton of size in the frontcourt but few guards outside of Wall and possible Turner. Rooks win.

Chieflion
08-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Sophs:
Curry
Tyreke
Blake
Derozan
Terrance Williams
Jerebko
Blair

Rooks:
Cousins
Wall
Favors
Turner
Ed Davis
Lance Stephenson
Monroe

The Rooks will loaded with guards, but limited in bigs. While the Rooks will have a ton of size in the frontcourt but few guards outside of Wall and possible Turner. Rooks win.

Rookies win because they would have Blake Griffin, tantamount to "cheating". Take Stephenson out and replace him with Paul George.

Pistons < Spurs
08-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Wouldn't Blake still be playing with the Sophs? I get that he's eligible for the ROY award, but I'd think he'd still be on the soph team in every other consideration

Pistons < Spurs
08-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Take Stephenson out and replace him with Paul George.

Good call w/ George, I completely forgot about him.

Leetonidas
08-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I figured since he was eligible for the ROY that he would be considered a rookie in every other aspect.

Chieflion
08-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Blake Griffin would be considered a rookie in this aspect. Oden was considered one like the 08 draft class.

redzero
08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Sophs:
Curry
Tyreke
Blake
Derozan
Terrance Williams
Jerebko
Blair

Rooks:
Cousins
Wall
Favors
Turner
Ed Davis
Lance Stephenson
Monroe

Need more Thornton and Collison.