PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash - When will he fall off?

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Dude is seriously getting up there in years. I know most of his game isn't predicated on athleticism and court vision/shooting isn't something that just goes away as you get older. However, the Phoenix Suns will always implement a run and gun style as long as Nash is running the show.

My question is, how long do you think until Nash falls off? And I don't mean like 5ppg, 5apg, I mean to where he is no longer making his teammates look like All-Stars and the Suns are struggling to make the 8th seed.

What about Goran Dragic? Is he progressing enough for the reigns to be handed over to him in the coming future, with Nash taking the backup veteran spot?

Thoughts? While I hated the Suns, I always liked Nash. He's the Ginobili of the Suns.

JMarkJohns
08-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Never, and so Sarver will be constantly extending him on two-year deals, the Suns will be stuck in a never-ending state of decent to good and always playoff contending, but never great enough to win nor bad enough to blow up the team.

Oh, were you being serious, or just starting this topic in attempts to bait some of the boycotting posters?

Venti Quattro
Goran's getting there pretty fast. Nash can still probably provide 2 quality years then Goran can step in already.

Giuseppe
He falls off, like clockwork, every May.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Never, and so Sarver will be constantly extending him on two-year deals, the Suns will be stuck in a never-ending state of decent to good and always playoff contending, but never great enough to win nor bad enough to blow up the team.

Oh, were you being serious, or just starting this topic in attempts to bait some of the boycotting posters?

:lmao

Yeah I was being serious

JMarkJohns
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
It'll happen soon.

It'll be reminiscent of the Blues Mobile.

Mid-way through next season (not this, but next), I think he'll suffer a pretty serious injury and he'll never physically recover.

redzero
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
As long as he plays on only one side of the court, he won't fall off for a while.

HeatChamps
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
As long as he plays on only one side of the court, he won't fall off for a while.
:lol There is no D in Steve Nash. Too bad for him he isn't a Wade type.

TD 21
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
The thing about Nash is, he didn't really start playing star type minutes over a full season until his fifth season in the league. So he doesn't have the same type of mileage of other aging superstars or stars.

Also, the notion that he's played a lot of minutes with the Suns is a myth. Cumulatively, he has, but annually, his highest mark is 35.4 mpg. Almost every other great or near great player has played at least 37-38 mpg in multiple seasons throughout their career.

pauls931
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Hopefully he plays long enough to get Dragic up to snuff. However it won't hurt my feelings at all if he gets traded to a contender (cough portland...)

Darrin
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/08/04/alg_resize_brett-favre.jpg

Just a different shade of purple.

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Who's he gonna look to to pad his assists with dunks now that Amare is gone? Robin Lopez? Hakim Warrick? The Suns are 100% jump shooters now.

His assist #'s will fall off this season. May put up around 8 asts a game.

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Dude is seriously getting up there in years. I know most of his game isn't predicated on athleticism and court vision/shooting isn't something that just goes away as you get older. However, the Phoenix Suns will always implement a run and gun style as long as Nash is running the show.

My question is, how long do you think until Nash falls off? And I don't mean like 5ppg, 5apg, I mean to where he is no longer making his teammates look like All-Stars and the Suns are struggling to make the 8th seed.

What about Goran Dragic? Is he progressing enough for the reigns to be handed over to him in the coming future, with Nash taking the backup veteran spot?

Thoughts? While I hated the Suns, I always liked Nash. He's the Ginobili of the Suns.

as soon as he leaves the Steroids alone..I've reported on this in the past..Steve Nash is a juicer....look at his elongated jawline it's the classic sign of a steroid user just like Sly Stallone and Arnold Sharwz...I'm serious as fuck about this...:toast

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
as soon as he leaves the Steroids alone..I've reported on this in the past..Steve Nash is a juicer....look at his elongated jawline it's the classic sign of a steroid user just like Sly Stallone and Arnold Sharwz...I'm serious as fuck about this...:toast

For sure! Look at the definition on those arms!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/350369/nashlayuponduncan.jpg

Giuseppe
08-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Who's he gonna look to to pad his assists with dunks now that Amare is gone? Robin Lopez? Hakim Warrick? The Suns are 100% jump shooters now.

His assist #'s will fall off this season. May put up around 8 asts a game.

Now I'm gettin' juicy and my jaw line is starting to elongate.

I'm gonna have Katie-girl sit on my jaw line.

DaDakota
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
He is like John Stockton, gets by on pure smarts...he is smarter than 99% of the NBA players....he can play this way into his 40s...just like Stockton.

DD

TE
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM

this is most retarded idea i've ever heard

TheSullyMonster
08-04-2010, 02:39 AM
For sure! Look at the definition on those arms!

PED's help recovery time and can improve health/durability. It's not just strength anymore.:nope

JamStone
08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
I think his little tear session after the Suns got eliminated spoke volumes that even he thinks it's sooner than later. I think he may have another season or two of having very good numbers, but unless Hakim Warrick starts playing like early 2000s Kevin Garnett, the Suns being a mediocre team or worse might affect his play negatively even more.

I don't think Nash is a juicer, but I also think that the notion that he might be isn't a ridiculous notion. As mentioned, some PED use was to maintain or improve athletic traits other than just strength, like quickness, agility, endurance. And of course, there's the fact that they were also used to help with injury recovery and muscle soreness. It's likely not true but it's not an outrageous claim imo.

Red Hawk #21
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I think barring any injuries he should be fine for about two more seasons. After that I expect him to decline, it's a shame that Nash is most likely going to retire ringless. He's such a great guy, great player and a great person. But hey, that's how it is sometimes.

Edit- Doesn't Nash suffer from chronic back issues? His age, the run n gun style, with chronic back issues on top of all of that? Wow, Goran better start getting ready, it's about to be his time.

NASHville
08-04-2010, 02:51 PM
He has naturally lost a step or two but he can still make up for it with his great basketball intellect. He won't win another MVP but he can still win a championship with the right team.

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2010, 07:46 PM
this is most retarded idea i've ever heard

Nash takes roids IMO because of the bad back...it's to help recover not to get big...dude looks like a classic roider IMO...elongated jawline and all...the only reason he's still performing at a decent level...White guys just ain't supposed to be that effective in my book...:lol Line him up with Mark Mcguire...

James White!
08-04-2010, 07:48 PM
nash will make Hakim warrick look like the second coming of amare and will mvp again, book that shit

DJ Mbenga
08-04-2010, 09:04 PM
next season