PDA

View Full Version : The Summer of LeBron

nbaman99
08-03-2010, 11:15 AM
The memories of 1999 are a little clearer. The first time the San Antonio Spurs won the NBA Championship, I remember my friends going crazy. I was ending my junior year of high school, and the same cousins and best friend I'd been watching basketball with almost ten years before were still there, watching as the Spurs took that series over the New York Knicks. I remember feeling bad for Patrick Ewing, who I generally thought was a good guy, but I was ecstatic to see David Robinson haul up his first championships. And who can forget Tim Duncan? Although never a fantastic athlete, he was quicker in those days and could actually jump a little. All I remember thinking was that, without him, we'd have never won.

The years kept rolling, and the Spurs kept winning. After a three year drought they brought the championship back to San Antonio in 2003, then again in 2005 and 2007. I never stopped playing the game myself, and though I was far from being an athlete, I loved every minute of every game. The funny thing about pickup games were the mismatches. I distinctly remember being the tallest guy on my team and being asked to guard a guy who had to be seven feet tall and almost three hundred pounds. For someone that was seventy pounds lighter and a foot shorter, I may have as well been asked to guard a mountain.

http://www.mvptexas.com/nba/649-the-summer-of-lebron.html

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Can anyone imagine Duncan, Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Bird, or anyone else dancing a nig...I mean a jig while being on the sideline in a mid-season game?

Tobias
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Well I remember Kobe refusing to score for the 4 hall-of-fame Lakers, attempting only one 3, because his panties were in a twist at PJ. I dunno, I think that's a little mote detrimental than a jig.

DesignatedT
08-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Lebron is a bitch.

Texas_Ranger
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Lebron is a bitch.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Well I remember Kobe refusing to score for the 4 hall-of-fame Lakers, attempting only one 3, because his panties were in a twist at PJ. I dunno, I think that's a little mote detrimental than a jig.

What are you talking about? The Phoenix game? Yes, that was pretty sorry. I hate Kobe anyway but I can't question his current motivation, work ethic, or focus.

What 4 hall of famers are you talking about?

SsKSpurs21
08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
What are you talking about? The Phoenix game? Yes, that was pretty sorry. I hate Kobe anyway but I can't question his current motivation, work ethic, or focus.

What 4 hall of famers are you talking about?

iam guessing karl malone, gary payton, and shaq.

TIMMYD!
08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Lebron is a bitch.

Better not let HH37 see that...

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
iam guessing karl malone, gary payton, and shaq.

God. You're right. I forgot that was even a team.