PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Maxine will be out in November

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Ethics Panel Says Rep. Waters Broke House Rules (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11307106)

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Naaaa. This is going to be twisted around to make it look like they were targeted because they were black. Count on it.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't pin my hopes on her leaving office. The charges in this case aren't as egregious as Rangel's and she almost certainly wouldn't be voted out.

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm not even sure Rangel will get voted out/leave. I find it appalling that they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he seriously cheated on his taxes, taken bribes, hidden income, etc. and all they plan to do is basically a verbal "You've been a bad boy" and let him keep his seat.

And yes, I'd be pissed if they were white republicans too.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm surprised Rangel didn't cut a deal. Waters didn't have much to lose either way.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not even sure Rangel will get voted out/leave. I find it appalling that they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he seriously cheated on his taxes, taken bribes, hidden income, etc. and all they plan to do is basically a verbal "You've been a bad boy" and let him keep his seat.
I think it amounts to this. In my view, most democrats and liberals lack integrity, and expect all others do too. Therefore, they don't see a problem.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I think it amounts to this. In my view, most democrats and liberals lack integrity, and expect all others do to. therefore, they don't see a problem.Yes, Republicans and conservatives have proved themselves to be so different in that regard.

Please.

TeyshaBlue
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I think it amounts to this. In my view, most democrats and liberals lack integrity, and expect all others do to. therefore, they don't see a problem.

That's a serious case of myopia.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
That's a serious case of myopia.
No it's not. I agree many republicans lack integrity also. Not most however.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.waycooldogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/laughing_dog1.jpg

ElNono
08-03-2010, 01:59 PM

So is it many that lack integrity or most that do not?

Do you have examples of both cases?