PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks run has ended. Time to rebuild?

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, the Mavericks have absolutely no hope now to win a championship with the formation of the Trinity in Miami, not to mention they will never get out of the West with the Lakers and Pau Gasol standing in the way.

Dirk Nowitzki foolishly agreed to remain with the Mavs, and will obviously go into history as one of those pretty good players who retire without a ring, one of those guys who reached the Finals once, choked, and never made it back. I think he is dumb to stay with the Mavs. He went down KG's path of loyalty and it will fuck up his chances to win a ring before he retires. He should probably just go to Chicago or Oklahoma City. Dirk as the #2 option behind the DURANTULA!! KD will get it done for him.

As far as the Mavericks, the run is over. Tiime to rebuild? Jason Kidd is due for that final career ending injury any day now, the kind where you are just too old to go through the rehab and try to make it back again.

I think it's time for the Mavericks to just close the book on this chapter. 2006 NBA Finals is fresh on the minds of Mavericks fans, it's permanently branded on Nowitzki's forehead. Time for new players and go through another 3-5 years of shitty teams to finally start the next chapter.

Dallas Mavericks, your run is over.

Thoughts?

Giuseppe
08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
What run? They never won a f'in toaster.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Meh, a couple injuries to the Lakers or Heat and the Mavs are right up there. They have a lot of talent, as always, but who knows if it will translate to success. They looked good for awhile last season...until we "sent that Mav ass to the tree of woe."

Anyways, they need a legit post player, and they have for quite awhile. Haywood, Dampier, Chandler, Thomas, etc...these guys cannot get it done in the post. That is what they're missing. They have plenty of shooters and slashers, a good PG, they just need someone in the middle who can pound it inside. Haywood can clean up, as well as Chandler and he will benefit from Kidd's passing, but those two don't really have any offensive game of their own.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
What run? They never won a f'in toaster.

Culburn, you make a brutally accurate point.

Leonard Curse
08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
he should have drove down 35south and helped san antonio, you guys who pick okc are retarted he "durant" hasnt done shit and although hes one of my fav young players in the league, nowitzki next to some unproven leadership is dumb. if he wanted a ring or anyone for that matter they team up with the spurs and theyll get a ring next to a real leader tim duncan

Darrin
08-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I may agree with the sentiments that the window is closed, but breaking up the team will be hard to do. If they could land Chris Paul, what is old would be new again. They just need a playmaker. Steve Nash has made Mark Cuban look downright stupid. And he essentially has the situation he wished to avoid with Nash, with Kidd. Too old to contribute, too much money and status to build around or replace.

Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler--these guys can help Nowitzki. Some of this is system, however. Iso for Nowitzki seems to be all they do in the postseason. They need to get out and run. Run. Run. Pass. Defend--play a more team-oriented style.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Meh, a couple injuries to the Lakers or Heat and the Mavs are right up there. They have a lot of talent, as always, but who knows if it will translate to success. They looked good for awhile last season...until we "sent that Mav ass to the tree of woe."

As you said, even if the Lakers suffer an important injury, the Mavericks will not get past Timmy.

Anyways, they need a legit post player, and they have for quite awhile. Haywood, Dampier, Chandler, Thomas, etc...these guys cannot get it done in the post. That is what they're missing. They have plenty of shooters and slashers, a good PG, they just need someone in the middle who can pound it inside. Haywood can clean up, as well as Chandler and he will benefit from Kidd's passing, but those two don't really have any offensive game of their own.

Dirk's fault. He watched too many Jordan games, because he plays like a shooting guard instead of a Power Forward.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
he should have drove down 35south and helped san antonio, you guys who pick okc are retarted he "durant" hasnt done shit and although hes one of my fav young players in the league, nowitzki next to some unproven leadership is dumb. if he wanted a ring or anyone for that matter they team up with the spurs and theyll get a ring next to a real leader tim duncan

So Timmy plays Center and Dirk plays PF?

Maybe Tim can teach Dirk how to play in the post :lol

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I may agree with the sentiments that the window is closed, but breaking up the team will be hard to do. If they could land Chris Paul, what is old would be new again. They just need a playmaker. Steve Nash has made Mark Cuban look downright stupid. And he essentially has the situation he wished to avoid with Nash, with Kidd. Too old to contribute, too much money and status to build around or replace.

I just don't see the Mavericks as salvageable. Chris Paul won't save them as they still won't beat the Lakers to get out of the West.

lefty
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
They need to replace Carlisle

They have talent, but Carlisle is not the right man for that team (I'm not saying he is a bad coach, but it's working)

Giuseppe
08-03-2010, 01:30 PM
They have talent

After this Beaubois kid they've no blue chip talent whatsoever. It's a mish/mash of retreads & hold overs.

Nowitski is bled out.

Lukor
08-03-2010, 01:34 PM
rebuilding doesnt make sense now, you never get equal value for trading away your superstar. See KG and the TWolves or Gasol and the Grizzlies. There'll be plenty of time to suck after Dirk's era, just like San Antonio after Duncan :downspin:

21_Blessings
08-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Anyways, they need a legit post player, and they have for quite awhile. Haywood, Dampier, Chandler, Thomas, etc...these guys cannot get it done in the post.

That is a very formidable defensive front line that can matchup and rebound with the Lakers size. I thought Dirk was an superstar PF? Maybe the superstar 7footer should be the one "getting it done in the post."

Baffles me how guys like Dirk and Lebron continue to play like little girls. Developing a post game is not fucking hard to do, especially when you're being paid millions of dollars annually to perfect your craft.

TheKingOfMIA6
08-03-2010, 01:47 PM
:tu

Giuseppe
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh, yeah, just give that Nowitski an ass pounding.:lmao

cheguevara
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Durant AND Dirk in the same team??

both guys pretty much play the same way. not gonna work

Shank
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
What would possess a Heat "fan" to start a thread about a team in the West?

Medvedenko
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM

It's a serious bball take. I'm not sure why there are no posts from Mav fans. That would be refreshing.

Actually as long as Cuban and Dirk are around they aren't done and don't have to rebuild. They just need to tweak a little.

Need a SG and a strong C and they're golden.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Oh I forgot, it's against the rules to talk about other teams, especially in the other conference. Guess I can't start that Celtics thread I was going to.

Shank
08-03-2010, 03:23 PM
It's a serious bball take.

Sure it is.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Naw, yeah, it's totally a bait topic.

Shank
08-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh I forgot, it's against the rules to talk about other teams, especially in the other conference. Guess I can't start that Celtics thread I was going to.

Explain how, out of all the teams in the fucking NBA, a Heat "fan" would, out of the blue, choose to start a ridiculous thread about the Mavs (especially when trying to note that Dirk "choked" in the 2006 Finals). On top of that, he's ignoring the fact that the Mavs have done a great job, over the years, of trading and moving players to remain relevant. They have pieces to move this season. They are shedding contracts and could potentially be under the cap with a couple moves. Cuban has shown he's not afraid to buy his way back into the first round. With money and contracts to move, they'll still be in the hunt until Dirk retires.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Explain how, out of all the teams in the fucking NBA, a Heat "fan" would, out of the blue, choose to start a ridiculous thread about the Mavs (especially when trying to note that Dirk "choked" in the 2006 Finals). On top of that, he's ignoring the fact that the Mavs have done a great job, over the years, of trading and moving players to remain relevant. They have pieces to move this season. They are shedding contracts and could potentially be under the cap with a couple moves. Cuban has shown he's not afraid to buy his way back into the first round. With money and contracts to move, they'll still be in the hunt until Dirk retires.

Yeah I know, he was totally baiting. I was speaking generally though, if someone wants to make a topic about a team in the opposite conference, I see no problem with that. This guy is totally baiting though. However, that doesn't mean we can't steer it into an actual basketball discussion. And your last few sentences there is an indicator of such. :tu

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 03:39 PM

"fan" in quotations lol. You don't believe I am from Miami and I follow the Heat or what?

and you can't be serious about the Mavericks. I said their championship run was over. Are you trying to say it isn't? That's what you want to say?

I have a hard time believing your Mavericks will even get past San Antonio, nevermind the Lakers, and I won't even touch the Heat or Celtics should the Mavs miraculously reach the Finals.

Cane
08-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Mavs had an underrated disadvantage last year by going through huge roster changes midway in the season so they didn't have as much chemistry and experience that seems realistic for a :lobt: with more experience they should be a better team imo

Their frontcourt still seem like one of the better ones in the league and they always seem to have financial flexibility to make roster changes. Being in a state with no income tax and a team owned by the spend-happy Mark Cuban also isn't bad for a franchise. Not to mention Dirk seems like the kind of 7 footer that will age the best due to his unique skillset.

Shank
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
"fan" in quotations lol. You don't believe I am from Miami and I follow the Heat or what?

No. And neither does anyone else around here.

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
No. And neither does anyone else around here.

poor mav fan. delusional. thinks his opinion = everyone's

The 2006 Finals really fucked with your head.

Look, if you don't want to discuss basketball talk, you can go join the rest of your Mav "krew", instead of trolling in a legit thread.
:toast

Shank
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I made my points, dickmouth. Is it my fault you took offense to being called out as a fairweather fan and decided to skip the rest? Are you that sensitive about being a poser?

MiamiHeat
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I made my points, dickmouth. Is it my fault you took offense to being called out as a fairweather fan and decided to skip the rest? Are you that sensitive about being a poser?

No basketball related talk from Mav fan.

Good Call, Kori Ellis. :toast

and you can't be serious about the Mavericks. I said their championship run was over. Are you trying to say it isn't? That's what you want to say?

I have a hard time believing your Mavericks will even get past San Antonio, nevermind the Lakers, and I won't even touch the Heat or Celtics should the Mavs miraculously reach the Finals.

Shank
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
No basketball related talk from Mav fan.

Good Call, Kori Ellis. :toast

What the hell is wrong with your reading comprehension?