PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Bucks

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I was wondering what the consensus on them is? I haven't heard a lot of talk about them, they got some nice additions this offseason. Last year, they really heated up after the Salmons trade but unfortunately, Bogut, who was playing OUTSTANDING basketball, was injured before the playoffs started. Their core consits of: Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Mbah a Moute, and Ilyasova. They added Maggette, CDR for nothing, and Gooden. Add in Michael Redd, if he ever gets back to playing anywhere near what he once was, and I think they could be a top 4 team in the East.

Thoughts?

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Hmm I guess no one cares about Milwaukee. No wonder Yi didn't wanna play there.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I was wondering what the consensus on them is? I haven't heard a lot of talk about them, they got some nice additions this offseason. Last year, they really heated up after the Salmons trade but unfortunately, Bogut, who was playing OUTSTANDING basketball, was injured before the playoffs started. Their core consits of: Bogut, Jennings, Salmons, Mbah a Moute, and Ilyasova. They added Maggette, CDR for nothing, and Gooden. Add in Michael Redd, if he ever gets back to playing anywhere near what he once was, and I think they could be a top 4 team in the East.

Thoughts?

I have them as the fifth-best team in the Conference and if I do end up with League Pass, I will be watching them frequently. They've had a usually quiet offseason. It's looking more and more like Joe Dumars' brain, John Hammond, ended up leaving him for Milwaukee. This is a Detroit-like conservative salary structure with solid players who simply will play hard for the team. They are ahead of the Hawks, in my opinion.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I was kinda scratching my head at the Maggette trade, but they didn't give up much for him, and the players in Milwaukee seem to respect their coach and really play hard. I respect the effort they give out, and I agree they are definitely ahead of the Hawks. And if Maggette pans out and plays hard they just added a legit 20ppg player who can really get to the line. They have good defenders, a great post player, an up and coming star PG, and a good scorer in Salmons.

I think this is the year Bogut really breaks out. Last season was a great year for him but he's still flying under the radar. It's too bad Howard is in the East because Bogut will never get the recognition he deserves.

Darrin
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I was kinda scratching my head at the Maggette trade, but they didn't give up much for him, and the players in Milwaukee seem to respect their coach and really play hard. I respect the effort they give out, and I agree they are definitely ahead of the Hawks.

I think this is the year Bogut really breaks out. Last season was a great year for him but he's still flying under the radar. It's too bad Howard is in the East because Bogut will never get the recognition he deserves.

99 chances out of 100 to watch Dwight Howard or Andrew Bogut, I take Bogut. So that's at least two people who respect him. That's the path to recognition. I just hope he's healthy.

Leetonidas
08-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Was his injury serious? I can't even remember why he went down right now. I assume it was semi-serious if he missed the playoffs but it's not an Oden injury right?

Darrin
08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Was his injury serious? I can't even remember why he went down right now. I assume it was semi-serious if he missed the playoffs but it's not an Oden injury right?

I believe it was his shoulder. It required surgery and he was out for the postseason. I never make any assumptions when a season is ended by an injury.

mystargtr34
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Dislocated his elbow and broke his arm/wrist in the fall. Its pretty hard to look at..but its all over youtube.

HarlemHeat37
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
They're very tough to read IMO..

I don't know if I like their moves..

They have A LOT of high usage players now..Bogut, Gooden, Jennings, Ilyasova, Maggette and Salmons all need the ball on offense..even Delfino does too..

They struggled last year when it came to creating offense, so adding Maggette and Gooden will definitely help there..I just don't know how they're going to find touches for all these players, especially since they aren't a good passing team as it is..adding Maggette should be huge for their iso offense though, he was one of the best in the entire NBA last year, and that was one of the weaker points of their offense..

Their defense also could be a worry by losing Kurt Thomas for Gooden, and adding Maggette, 2 of the worst defensive players in the NBA..

timtonymanu
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Hopefully Bogut will be the same player he was because that injury looked very bad.

I like Milwaukee. They've quickly become one of the most appealing teams (at least to me).

Like Harlem said, they barely had any offense last year. Now they've added that. I'm very interested to see how well they do this year especially since no one expected them to make the playoffs last year.

MI21
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Last season, I loved the Bucks. I actually don't think Bogut improved that much, it was just a case of the team looking for him more and running the offense through him. As a result, they owned. Plus there defense was extremely solid. With Bogut I think they would of beaten Atlanta and really given the Magic a shake.

This season, I'm not so sure. I don't think adding Maggette and Gooden works to well and I can see Bogut posting up and never getting the ball. I think the Bogut/Jennings/Salmons trio worked nicely and their respective skillsets complemented each other well. Adding Maggette, Gooden and integrating Redd back into the side will not help that at all. Plus their defense will slip with those additions.

Unfortunately, I can't see them being much, if any better than last season.

Dunc n Dave
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Health is always the biggest issue for the Bucks. I have given up hope on Bogut ever playing an entire season injury free. He has burned me the last 3 times I drafted him in fantasy bball. Add Michael Redd to the "always injured list" and their season depends on thsoe 2 guys being healthy.

Jennings is overrated IMO. He is a VOLUME shooter. He's another guy that killed me last year in fantasy bball with his horrible FG%.

Overall, I like their team though, if Jennings can reign it in. No need to try to impress the media to win ROY anymore, I hope to see him try to be more of a distributor now instead of a scorer. He can still take the big shot at the end if he wants, but get the ball to Bogut, Salmons, and Maggette, in that order for most of the game.

Mbah a Moute has Spur material written all over him. Would love to see the Spurs trade for him if the SF/PF position gets too crowded for Milwaukee (if Gooden, Maggette, Salmons, Ilysova, and Redd get most of the SF/PF minutes) but I doubt they'll be willing to part with him for anything the Spurs have.

Kai
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2roq8og.gif

TinTin
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
After watching the gif, hit page down

Venti Quattro
08-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I like the Bucks; however despite of their roster revamp, the 2nd round is their most probable ceiling at the moment.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 12:07 AM
What riveting discussion!

badfish22
09-01-2010, 02:08 AM
:lmao