PDA

View Full Version : Unnoticed: Obama drops 2009 pledge to withdraw combat troops from Iraq

Galileo
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Unnoticed: Obama drops 2009 pledge to withdraw combat troops from Iraq

Seventeen months after President Barack Obama pledged to withdraw all combat brigades from Iraq by Sep. 1, 2010, he quietly abandoned that pledge Monday, admitting implicitly that such combat brigades would remain until the end of 2011.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0803/unnoticed-obama-drops-2009-pledge-withdraw-combat-troops-iraq/

:lmao

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Have anything that any intelligent person didn't know would happen?

This was a given. Anyone with an above room temperature IQ knew this would happen.

Galileo
08-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Have anything that any intelligent person didn't know would happen?

This was a given. Anyone with an above room temperature IQ knew this would happen.

Tell that to those who voted for him.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Tell that to those who voted for him.
How do you explain IQ to those who don't understand?

LnGrrrR
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Is GTMO closed yet? No. Big surprise.

Obama has pretty much gone back on the things I really wanted out of him (increased protection for whistleblowers, better on civil liberties, repealing DADT) and instead carried out the things I didn't care much about (health care, propping up the banks, etc etc).

fraga
08-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Um...technically I don't think he's failed...he said by Aug. 31st they'd stop their battle/invasion campaign...from then till Aug. 31st 2011...they're supposed to be there as basically supervisors to the Iraqi army....he didn't say he'd bring everyone home...

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Um...technically I don't think he's failed...he said by Aug. 31st they'd stop their battle/invasion campaign...from then till Aug. 31st 2011...they're supposed to be there as basically supervisors to the Iraqi army....he didn't say he'd bring everyone home...
Are you saying he's 100% on course with Bush's plans then?

jack sommerset
08-03-2010, 08:43 PM
How do you explain IQ to those who don't understand?

Don't forget WC that war was the fall of the repugs thanks to the chants the dems mustered up for years about it. The fact the eventual leader of the chants has done nothing to get out might not be big news to the media (fucking hypocrites) but it's a HUGE deal to those who voted for him for those promises of ending the war. Independents.

Repugs can't complain about not leaving Iraq, calling Barry on his bullshit lie on the war because they wanted to be there in the first place. Dems won't complain about Barry lying of ending the war because they want the power.

Fucking crazy how the coverage disappeared since Barry won. Seriously, it's fucking crazy how the talk about Iraq and Afgan has just about vanished in 18 months and the fact we sent more troops over makes it even more despicable.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Fucking crazy how the coverage disappeared since Barry won. Seriously, it's fucking crazy how the talk about Iraq and Afgan has just about vanished in 18 months and the fact we sent more troops over makes it even more despicable.
Not crazy at all. Just more evidence the media is controlled by liberals.

jack sommerset
08-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Not crazy at all. Just more evidence the media is controlled by liberals.

I don't agree with that 100 percent. Noone really speaks of the war in the media and Obongos lies about it. The media all should be hammering that pricks ass about it. It certainly says they choose sides. But I am very, very confident the voters won't forget it. This dude will set the dems party back decades. Just watch.

jack sommerset
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I am a independent. I make it no secret I hate Barry for his lies and shitty ass policies. I can't see me trusting the dems ever again.

Jacob1983
08-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Obama = Bush

Nbadan
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Unnoticed: Obama drops 2009 pledge to withdraw combat troops from Iraq

Seventeen months after President Barack Obama pledged to withdraw all combat brigades from Iraq by Sep. 1, 2010, he quietly abandoned that pledge Monday, admitting implicitly that such combat brigades would remain until the end of 2011.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0803/unnoticed-obama-drops-2009-pledge-withdraw-combat-troops-iraq/

:lmao

:rolleyes

Obama promised to bring the combat troops home 18 months after taking office, which he;s right on schedule for...he never promised to pull all troops out of Iraq.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Are you saying he's 100% on course with Bush's plans then?Bush and Rumsfeld planned to have combat troops out of Iraq six years ago, so no, this is not on course with Bush's plans.

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Obama promised to bring the combat troops home 18 months after taking office, which he;s right on schedule for...he never promised to pull all troops out of Iraq.
the only difference there is that the bush administration didn't give a time-line. Without telling the enemy our plans, maybe this would have been accomplished earlier this year!

Nbadan
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
the only difference there is that the bush administration didn't give a time-line. Without telling the enemy our plans, maybe this would have been accomplished earlier this year!

Yeah, setting the withdrawal date made the war last longer - your a moran..

Wild Cobra
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, setting the withdrawal date made the war last longer - your a moran..

Yet you cannot prove otherwise.