PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Once Again Slide Under the Radar

rick1991
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
On NBA TV's special on the 2010-2011 schedule the crew pointed out some key games of the upcoming season like the Heat at Lakers on Christmas. But of the 20 or so games announced, the Spurs were not listed for any of those. All I can say is the Spurs are sliding under the radar and everyone knows it. Watch out NBA, the Spurs will be a force to reckon with.

Dex
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Well now that you've told the world, our cover has been blown!

Leonard Curse
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Well now that you've told the world, our cover has been blown!
no shit right, shhhhhhhh i know i want to scream on top of a mountain too, but all we have is spurstalk

spurspokesman
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
no shit right, shhhhhhhh i know i want to scream on top of a mountain too, but all we have is spurstalk

On par with the course. Lakers and boston or whatever super team is around. Its all about ratings and san antonio doesn't stack up in that regard. Let's see there faces when the pride of the lone star state are nba champs again.

Danny.Zhu
08-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Because we don't deserve to be on the radar.

SenorSpur
08-03-2010, 09:10 PM

^This

DynastySpurs210
08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
wow! some ppl just can't keep there mouth shut :wakeup

LoneStarState'sPride
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Let's see there faces when the pride of the lone star state are nba champs again.

You rang? ;)

spursnatic
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Good thing I always get NBA League Pass, cause it seems like I will definately need it this season?...As you can tell I don't live in SA, I am in OKC, all I get here is Thunder games.....:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

lefty
08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Omg !!!!

SA210
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM

pgardn
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Good thing I always get NBA League Pass, cause it seems like I will definately need it this season?...As you can tell I don't live in SA, I am in OKC, all I get here is Thunder games.....:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Must be a pain having to watch Durant and Westbrook...

Silver&Black
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Good...maybe nobody will notice that we re-signed Bonner.

PublicOption
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
just goes to show you which teams will get whistles and who won't. and proves the spurs won in spite of the league's wishes. we earned our :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: and the lakers and everyone else with "superstars" are given their :lobt:.

carib
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Good...maybe nobody will notice that we re-signed Bonner.

This is the only thing I like about not watching the Spurs on TV

mingus
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Spurs are going to have to prove themselves just like ever other team.

ThaBigFundamental21
08-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I guess we will see how good Splitter is, and how good all of these new young shooters we have added are. There is a good chance these new young guys will struggle mightily and who knows, maybe we could miss the playoffs..........Doubt it, but those are indeed real questions.

Supergirl
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Spurs tend to do better when they AREN'T playing on national TV and when the target's not on their back.

TD 21
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Bullshit. This team was the third best team in the West by the end of last season and one could easily make a case that they'll enter next season to be the odds on favorite to be the second best team in the West. That's not worthy of at least being on the radar?

But the Knicks are? Even the Suns, Jazz, Rockets and sure to be new league darlings Bulls and Thunder are? Remind me again, what have these teams done to be on the radar? Sign second tier stars in free agency or acquire second tier stars via trade? Be located in major markets?

I get it with the Thunder. They have what will likely be either the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league in the next decade and they're an up and coming team that looks to be a future power in the league.

I'll even give you the Bulls. Big market, up and coming, if not full fledged, near superstar caliber talent, a team on the rise, etc.

But the rest of these teams? No excuse that they should be "on the radar" but the Spurs shouldn't be (even the Mavs). It's just another slap in the face from the league.

ElNono
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Bullshit. This team was the third best team in the West by the end of last season

We got swept by the 3rd best team in the West last season.

TD 21
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
We got swept by the 3rd best team in the West last season.

The Suns were the 2nd best team in the West. I'm not going off of regular season record. That's nonsense. Especially in the West, where so many teams are so close to one another.

Oh, Gee!!
08-04-2010, 01:31 PM
it's probably a good thing that they're under the radar.

ElNono
08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
The Suns were the 2nd best team in the West. I'm not going off of regular season record. That's nonsense. Especially in the West, where so many teams are so close to one another.

Last season was the Lakers far and ahead the best team, and then everyone else packed behind. 2 to 8 could have been in any order really. Denver was actually doing great until Karl went out for his treatment. The Suns obviously hit their stride at the right time. The Rockets suffered without Yao.

Obviously, the landscape on a lot of these teams have changed substantially going into this season. But the reality is that I don't think we gained any ground against the Lakers and frankly, the rest matters very little.

TD 21
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Last season was the Lakers far and ahead the best team, and then everyone else packed behind. 2 to 8 could have been in any order really. Denver was actually doing great until Karl went out for his treatment. The Suns obviously hit their stride at the right time. The Rockets suffered without Yao.

Obviously, the landscape on a lot of these teams have changed substantially going into this season. But the reality is that I don't think we gained any ground against the Lakers and frankly, the rest matters very little.

Which is why I said "by the end of last season".

I also think the relatively recent accomplishments of this organization should count for something as well. All three of the big three are still playing and playing at a high level.

What does that have to do with what I said? I'm not suggesting the league or the networks give the Spurs the same level of attention/exposure as the Lakers, Heat, Celtics and Magic. But there's also no reason for them to be below many of, if not all of, the other teams I mentioned in my first post.

This team is still one of the better teams in the league, yet they don't deserve to be in a single marquee game, but the mighty Kings and Warriors do?

Ginobili2Duncan
08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
On NBA TV's special on the 2010-2011 schedule the crew pointed out some key games of the upcoming season like the Heat at Lakers on Christmas. But of the 20 or so games announced, the Spurs were not listed for any of those. All I can say is the Spurs are sliding under the radar and everyone knows it. Watch out NBA, the Spurs will be a force to reckon with.

The Spurs wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Nego
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I also think the relatively recent accomplishments of this organization should count for something as well.

I take it you mean the Spurs wining titles, the last of which was 3 years ago..

or is it the signing of... Bonner, Neal, and Splitter??..

koriwhat
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I take it you mean the Spurs wining titles, the last of which was 3 years ago..

or is it the signing of... Bonner, Neal, and Splitter??..

not 3 yrs ago at all... 3 seasons, yes.

Silver&Black
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Boy I can't wait to see that POR vs. GS game on X-MAS. I'm clearing my schedule right now...that game is gonna be epic. Golden State might give up 140 points. Seriously...somebody explain to me why this game gets on Nat'l TV???

ElNono
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I also think the relatively recent accomplishments of this organization should count for something as well.

Well, it doesn't help that those 'recent' accomplishments have been about 3 seasons ago, and that our top players are not getting any younger.

And I'm not arguing against your claim that the Spurs should be there because other perceived-as-lesser teams are there. I'm just merely pointing out that maybe the Spurs are not being underestimated this time around.

Ultimately, the games will be played, and we'll see where we're at, regardless of whatever the radar is picking up right now.

lotr1trekkie
08-04-2010, 05:27 PM
TV picks games that are marketable[$$$]. We have never been. Get over it! How about the Cavs? From 1st to last in one season. If the NBA had any cojones they would have opened the season with Miami at Cleveland. What a spectacle it would have been!

beachwood
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Bingo

benefactor
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
The Spurs commitment to things that either don't fit(RJ) or don't work when it matters(Bonner) means that are officially off the radar.

DPG21920
08-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Spurs aren't off the radar imo. They are not a "true" contender, but they are still a very good baskeball team. A playoff team.

Now, if RJ puts up another year like last and TP/Manu/Tim can't stay healthy, the Spurs could find themselves out of the playoffs. That is a worst case scenario, but a possibility.

spursnatic
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Must be a pain having to watch Durant and Westbrook...Wouldn't know, cause I just don't watch them?...Unless I am super Bored and the SPURS aren't playing....lol