PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Mavs Left Out

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I know . . . it's the Bleacher Report, but it's an interesting topic nonetheless. I wonder if ratings were bad for the 1st round series last year (or just bad for these two teams in general). I guess they had to make room for more Heat & Knicks games . . .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/429480-nba-schedule-5-reasons-why-the-spurs-and-mavericks-deserved-coverage

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
"Even though Jason Kidd and Tony Parker appear to be on the decline . . ."

What?

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
The Mavericks -- a "storied" franchise?

ffadicted
08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Spurs have won four championships in the last 11 years, while the Mavericks have won 50 games in each of the last 10 seasons.

never gets old lol

will_spurs
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I wish the guys from Bleacher Report would pull an EN on us and forbid us from posting stories or links to them...

tdunk21
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Sense
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I wish the guys from Bleacher Report would pull an EN on us and forbid us from posting stories or links to them...

:lol:toast

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 08:48 AM

I think it's one of those "so bad, it's funny" type of deals. I find it mildly entertaining, but I'm a weirdo.

CubanMustGo
08-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Yes - there are all kinds of stories about how they choke when the playoffs roll around ...

ThaBigFundamental21
08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't understand why you idiots post these bleacher reports. They are just someones opinion, then everyone gets up in arms. It's obvious this BS.

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't understand why you idiots post these bleacher reports. They are just someones opinion, then everyone gets up in arms. It's obvious this BS.

Everything on this site is "just someones opinion", you dumbfuck. The topic is the important thing. The Spurs and Mavs being noticeably left off the national TV broadcasts. Pull your head out of your ass and contribute, or shut the fuck up.

Obstructed_View
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I tuned into NBATV for the hour long schedule show which they're repeating, and in the last ten seconds of the one that was ending Craig Sager apologizes that they didn't mention the Spurs throughout the show. At least I knew not to waste my time.

in2deep
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM

a story of sadness, failure and choking

Cane
08-04-2010, 12:14 PM
"Even though Jason Kidd and Tony Parker appear to be on the decline . . ."

What?

Well statistically Tony Parker fell off a huge cliff last season, he used to be a top 10 PER player and then dropped around the 80's range due to health issues or maybe a combination of both health and athletic decline since he already has a ton of miles and has played professionally since as a young teen. Hopefully it was just an anomaly of a season but quick guards do tend to decline quickly so I wouldn't be that surprised if '08-09 Parker was the best we're going to see :depressed

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Well statistically Tony Parker fell off a huge cliff last season, he used to be a top 10 PER player and then dropped around the 80's range due to health issues or maybe a combination of both health and athletic decline since he already has a ton of miles and has played professionally since as a young teen. Hopefully it was just an anomaly of a season but quick guards do tend to decline quickly so I wouldn't be that surprised if '08-09 Parker was the best we're going to see :depressed

Tony was injured for the duration of the regular season and probably never got back to 100%. He is obviously having a very relaxing summer, as evidenced by his facebook and twitter accounts and I expect him to have a huge season this coming contract year. Comparing his decline to Kidd's is just ludicrous. Jason Kidd is older than dirt, and while he still performs remarkably well for his age, he is way past his prime. Tony is in his prime and should have a few more years of elite PG performance, possible All-Star eligibility and it's conceivable he could even contend for an MVP.

Obstructed_View
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Plantar fasciitis is a bitch, but it doesn't last forever.

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Plantar fasciitis is a bitch, but it doesn't last forever.
A good amount of rest will usually take care of it. I had it for the better part of a year a few years back and it was hard to shake because I was on my feet all the time. After I switched jobs it went away. It is a bitch when you have it though.

Hooks
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I think Parker is going to comeback strong this season. Last year he suffered from fatigue the entire first half of the season, then plantar fasciitis in the 2nd half of the season, THEN broke his hand and finally came back 6 games before the playoffs started.

When he finally came back from the injury he came back fat and out of shape. People forget how good of a jump shooter TP had become last year, it was quite obvious the broken hand affected his ability to shoot the ball which was a big part of his game.

Even though all this shit happened he was still able to average 17ppg and 5 assists per game in the playoffs. He's far from done.

admiralsnackbar
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Parker is in a contract year. 'Nuff said.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
lmao storied franchise

Killakobe81
08-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Im no spur fan ... but i do respect their franchise and duncan.

No way should a guy like tim (HOF'er)not get any national coverage at the very least the spurs should of got the game against the Lakers instead of houston.

On paper the Rox, and Blazers are served up the past few years as contenders and have got the opening game vs. the lakers but in the West it has been and will be the spurs until proven otherwise ...

Silver&Black
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Yes - there are all kinds of stories about how they choke when the playoffs roll around ...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
A good amount of rest will usually take care of it. I had it for the better part of a year a few years back and it was hard to shake because I was on my feet all the time. After I switched jobs it went away. It is a bitch when you have it though.

Yeah I had it too. Once you can avoid reinjuring it for a while you're okay. I fully expect Parker to be as dominant as he was two years ago.

alchemist
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Not surprised the Spurs got left off, but I am a bit shocked the Mavs didn't make the cut.

lol Spurs
lol Mavs
lol Rockets with no Yao in the opener.