PDA

View Full Version : War Warning from Madison, 4th US President

Galileo
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
War Warning from Madison, 4th US President

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of morals engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."

VIDEO OF JAMES MADISON HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5iBdxvgzQ

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
VIDEO OF JAMES MADISON HERE

Amazing. Along with seeing video of James Madison, I suspect you can tell me where I can buy memorabilia autographed by Jesus Christ!

I know that it's not really video of James Madison

Galileo
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Amazing. Along with seeing video of James Madison, I suspect you can tell me where I can buy memorabilia autographed by Jesus Christ!

I know that it's not really video of James Madison

The words of Madison still resonate today!

boutons_deux
08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
war and religion were two key concepts that the FF wanted the new country to be wary of.

hasn't worked out very well. MIC has captured govt to spawn almost continuous and bogus wars, sucking taxdollars out of taxpayers pockets and sticking them with $Ts in debts and obligations.

the "super-patriot" "Christian" militants want to establish a theocracy, are actually deeply unAmerican except in their own fantasies.

The FFs knew how badly that had worked out in Europe with the royalty and Catholic churhc tandem running the show for their own enrichment for centuries.