PDA

View Full Version : Tea Bagger comedy: Bike riding is UN plot

boutons_deux
08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
"Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper’s policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are “converting Denver into a United Nations community.”"

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/04/tea-party-candidate-thinks-bikes-are-a-u-n-conspiracy/

==========
:lol :lol :lol

tea baggers, conservatives, Repugs, will just say any ol' shit, the more scare-y-mongerer, the better, and they really believe it, and know their followers will suck it down as truth.

TeyshaBlue
08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
"Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper’s policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are “converting Denver into a United Nations community.”"

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/04/tea-party-candidate-thinks-bikes-are-a-u-n-conspiracy/

==========

tea baggers, conservatives, Repugs, will just say any ol' shit, the more scare-y-mongerer, the better, and they really believe it, and know their followers will suck it down as truth.

He might be right. I have to pick cyclists outta the grill of my Denali every night. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of baby blue cycling gear,

MannyIsGod
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
When I moved to Santa Fe one of the coolest aspects I found about the place compared to San Antonio was the friendliness to cyclists and the amount of cyclists in the area. In San Antonio when I would ride in the city I rarely saw others but in Santa Fe I pass many people to and from work or just riding around town.

When I commute to Albuquerque for school, the commuter train has slots on each car for bikes. I've seen as many as 8 bikes in a single car on that train. Albuquerque is in the top 15 bike friendly cities in the country and I always have a bike lane when I ride there. The drivers can still be cunts who don't pay attention to you but its much better than San Antonio and in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque have miles upon miles of dedicated MUPs (Multi Use Paths - really just for bikers and walkers although sometimes you see a horse).

I think Denver was high on the bike friendly cities list too and I know that when I went to RMNP just outside of there the amount of cyclists was pretty amazing. Liberal cities probably do have more bike usage, but I see that as a good thing.

TeyshaBlue
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
When I moved to Santa Fe one of the coolest aspects I found about the place compared to San Antonio was the friendliness to cyclists and the amount of cyclists in the area. In San Antonio when I would ride in the city I rarely saw others but in Santa Fe I pass many people to and from work or just riding around town.

When I commute to Albuquerque for school, the commuter train has slots on each car for bikes. I've seen as many as 8 bikes in a single car on that train. Albuquerque is in the top 15 bike friendly cities in the country and I always have a bike lane when I ride there. The drivers can still be cunts who don't pay attention to you but its much better than San Antonio and in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque have miles upon miles of dedicated MUPs (Multi Use Paths - really just for bikers and walkers although sometimes you see a horse).

I think Denver was high on the bike friendly cities list too and I know that when I went to RMNP just outside of there the amount of cyclists was pretty amazing. Liberal cities probably do have more bike usage, but I see that as a good thing.

Or an altitude thing.:lol

Got to be more pleasant to ride in Santa Fe in August than San Antonio.:lol:lol

MannyIsGod
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Or an altitude thing.:lol

Got to be more pleasant to ride in Santa Fe in August than San Antonio.:lol:lol

No doubt. But in the Winter the situations flip. I loved 70 degree days in January in San Antonio to ride but I promise you I'm not going to get those here.

Plus biking at 7 thousand feet means no oxygen. I can imagine if I went for a ride in San Antonio now I could go on forever.

MannyIsGod
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
And wtf, does the GOP want America to stay fat? Jumping on a bike and riding around a bit is a great way to exercise a bit. I'm amazed that people are afraid of more cycling. Jesus.

Marcus Bryant
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Political ideologies and party support in the US are more about lifestyle than anything else.

Oh, Gee!!
08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
words like international, association, and initiatives scare the Tea Party. Those are commie buzzwords.

DarrinS
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM

==========

Well, that is pretty dumb. But when it comes to hysteria, no group tops the left.

baseline bum
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
And wtf, does the GOP want America to stay fat? Jumping on a bike and riding around a bit is a great way to exercise a bit. I'm amazed that people are afraid of more cycling. Jesus.

If you could patent a way to burn oil while pedalling your bike, you'd have the full support of the right.

DarrinS
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
If you could patent a way to burn oil while pedalling your bike, you'd have the full support of the right.

Actually, I'm all for people riding bikes more and driving less.

I'm just not scared of CO2.

And, like Manny said, the roads in SA aren't very biker friendly.

boutons_deux
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
"no group tops the left."

link?

TeyshaBlue
08-04-2010, 04:51 PM
No doubt. But in the Winter the situations flip. I loved 70 degree days in January in San Antonio to ride but I promise you I'm not going to get those here.

Plus biking at 7 thousand feet means no oxygen. I can imagine if I went for a ride in San Antonio now I could go on forever.

Btw...I freakin' love Santa Fe. I had family in Los Alamos, so I used to get up there fairly often. Lucky bastard.:toast

RandomGuy
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Well, that is pretty dumb. But when it comes to hysteria, no group tops the left.

... except the right.

They're comin' to git our guns...

The UN is coming...

Saddam was behind 9-11

Give up your rights for security!

They're coming to get rid of God and make us all atheists!

Jesus man, don't you watch Fox? It is one hysterical ranting about leftist conspiracies after another.

I don't think the right is nearly as calm and sensible as all that.

Ignignokt
08-04-2010, 05:31 PM

:tu

DMX7
08-05-2010, 12:04 AM
San Antonio is certainly not a good place to ride your bike. Maybe around Alamo Heights, maybe...