PDA

View Full Version : Now that Shaq is with the Celtics....

TheMACHINE
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Which would you rather see?

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

or

Lakers vs Heat Finals

usdane
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Just for kicks how will Heat and Celts match up.

Rondo > Chalmers
Pierce < Lebron
Allan < Wade
Garnett > Bosh
Shaq, O'neal, Perk > Anthony, Z, Magliore

Celt still own this match up. Bosh is being overrated by Heat fans.

usdane
08-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

or

Lakers vs Heat Finals

I would like to see Lakers vs Heat but the Heat can't get past Celtics and possibly Magic. Their 1 and 5 position will kill them.

21_Blessings
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
It doesn't really matter, TBH..Miami will probably dismantle both teams..

Haha. Looking forward to you slithering out on your vow to never post again once Miami gets bounced.

spursfan1000
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't want to see Heat in the finals...I would like to see Kobe win a ring rather then Lebron ... so my answer is Lakers/Celtics

spursfan1000
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Don't worry, we will.

:toast

Dex
08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna become a golf fan.

Darrin
08-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

or

Lakers vs Heat Finals

Lakers/Heat

The old guard, the team going for 3-time Championship status versus the team with all the talent in the world, the up-starts, the Miami Heat. Ron Artest and Matt Barnes versus Lebron James. Dwyane Wade versus Kobe Bryant. Chris Bosh versus Pau Gasol.

Leetonidas
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing Celtics and Lakers already. Hell, I'm getting tired of seeing the Lakers in the Finals already. I hope someone else from the West makes it along with someone from the East besides Boston so we have some parity.

mindcrime
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM

Rondo > Chalmers
Pierce < Lebron
Allan < Wade
Garnett > Bosh

Pierce > Lebron

Rather have Pierce take the last shot. Pierce has way more heart than Lebron.

SomeCallMeTim
08-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

or

Lakers vs Heat Finals

From a Lakerfan standpoint, Boston. Lakers have a much greater chance of taking them down IMO.

From a basketball fan standpoint, Miami. What an intriguing matchup.

ogait
08-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Lakers/Heat

The old guard, the team going for 3-time Championship status versus the team with all the talent in the world, the up-starts, the Miami Heat. Ron Artest and Matt Barnes versus Lebron James. Dwyane Wade versus Kobe Bryant. Chris Bosh versus Pau Gasol.

Seeing Pau school the most overrated player in the current NBA would be the best part for me of a Lakers/Heat final.

I'd still be happier if none of those went to the final.

Darrin
08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Seeing Pau school the most overrated player in the current NBA would be the best part for me of a Lakers/Heat final.

I'd still be happier if none of those went to the final.

Who would you rather see?

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
How is Bosh overrated if fans shit on him and the media never talks about him?..

Darrin
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
How is Bosh overrated if fans shit on him and the media never talks about him?..

Because the media has been talking about him as the best free-agent big man in this offseason, a worthy addition to the Summer of Lebron. He's got a lot to prove this season, but he has the opportunity to be one of the best in the league if he wants it. I think he's got all the talent in the world.

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
He's overrated because he was a hyped Free Agent?..

Darrin
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Yes.

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
So you don't think Bosh deserved to be hyped?..

21_Blessings
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
He's overrated

Because Bynum takes a shit in his mouth whenever they matchup to be honest.

Pau won't even have to work on defense.

ogait
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Who would you rather see?

Not the Heat vs Not the Lakers.
Hey It's not asking too much is it :lol

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Bynum is a really good player on both ends when he's healthy, I agree..I've seen nothing to make me believe he will be healthy during the playoffs though, it's extremely unlikely..

TheMACHINE
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM

lol yes

ogait
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM

He has been put by some at the same level of Lebron and Wade. He's good but Miami Big 3 it's more like Big 2 and a half.

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I have never heard anybody put Bosh on the same level as Lebron or Wade..I've actually not heard Bosh's name a lot during this whole thing, TBH..I'm not a fan of Bosh, he really annoyed me with how he interacted with Raptor fans, but I don't see how he's overrated..

Putting him in a "big 3" doesn't mean anything though..look at Boston and San Antonio's big 3s..

ogait
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I would say overrated by everyone who ever thought he was a franchise player like himself (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13095/bosh-im-the-kind-of-player-you-can-build-around), and obviously even more by the free agency hype.

Now that he is a clear third option on a championship team it's a better fit for his value but he's still regarded as an elite big man in the NBA and I don't believe he's in the same level as a Howard, Gasol, Dirk, not even ageing Duncan or Garnett.

Miami got two elite players and an above average player. I think they would be ok if one of those 2 elites was a big man and the other a back court player. People question the kind of sporting cast to help the big 3 but i think it starts with Bosh as a competent sidekick to Lebron and Wade and I think that's being overlooked by most people.

Basketballgirl25
08-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I find Bosh overrated as well, sure he is good, but he deff isn't as good as people say at times. Has he ever made it to the finals before I just thought about that lol.

I'd want Laker vs Celtics, just because I don't want Bosh winnning shit I could care less if Lebron or Wade won, but Bosh that would just be bad.

ohmwrecker
08-04-2010, 06:54 PM
None of the above.

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

or

Lakers vs Heat Finals

This will be a battle of the 1990's the oldest old school that we got left from the good old days...and mark my words Kobe has a wonderful opportunity to do something special. If he beats Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Sheed, Rondo, Garnett, J. Oneal, and Shaq he will be fucking beyond legend...and then to turn around for the 4th peat and beat Wade, LeQuit, and Bosh would put him in a different galaxy past the milky way and all the planets...:toast

Chillen
08-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't mind a Lakers/Heat or Lakers/Celtics NBA finals. I wouldn't pencil the Lakers in the NBA finals yet, their bench depth has improved but 3 straight NBA finals appearences could come back to bite in the form of the injury bug. If they are healthy I can see them getting back to the NBA finals and facing Heat, Celtics, Orlando or Chicago, and their chances are pretty good against them all, though Miami and Boston could give them a huge challenge.

HeatChamps
08-04-2010, 08:38 PM
lol at those putting down Bosh. He is an elite player. Not quite a top 5 player but maybe a top 10 or top 15 player in the league. He will have a field day being the sidekick to Wade and Lebron. Celtics are yesterdays news. It's all Heat from now on.

rayjayjohnson
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
no way is garnett better than bosh. mofo is older than the hills

EIC
08-04-2010, 11:10 PM

Rondo > Chalmers
Pierce < Lebron
Allan < Wade
Garnett > Bosh

Given Garnett's age, at worst it looks like this:

Rondo > Chalmers
Pierce < Lebron
Allan < Wade
Garnett = Bosh

More importantly, Lebron and Wade are not simply "better than" Pierce and Allen; they are leaps and bounds better. Moreso than the disparity between the Celtics' 5-spot is than the Heats'.

All in all, I give a slight edge to the Heat. Either way, the Lakers are going to have their hands full with whoever comes out of the East. And I don't think the Lakers' run through the West this year will be as smooth as it was in 2010.

HeatChamps
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM
lol at Celtics thinking they have a shot. Wasting all that money just to lose to the Heat in the playoffs.

Venti Quattro
08-04-2010, 11:41 PM
As long as the Lakers are in there, who cares?

DMX7
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Lakers/Celtics. It's written.

:lol

Basketballgirl25
08-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Pierce and Lebron is a good matchup I think. They are both great players, got to root for Pierce just have liked him more the past years then Lebron. Lebron might be a little better player, but he hasn't won shit yet, so Pierce is better and has won

Giuseppe
08-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Real pisser for Media:::no easy clean for Miami. Just pisser.

benefactor
08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
After all that has happened this offseason with the Heat...it would hilarious to watch them lose to the Celtics in the ECF. So of the choices given I'll take Lakers/Celtics.

TheManFromAcme
08-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Because Bynum takes a shit in his mouth whenever they matchup to be honest.

Pau won't even have to work on defense.

Agree. Just don't see how MIami is going to be considered a defensive force.