PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report Top NBA Backcourts: Spurs #1

Amuseddaysleeper
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/428153-nba-power-rankings-best-backcourts-in-the-nba#page/32

1. San Antonio Spurs

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, when healthy, are the league’s best combination of point guard and shooting guard no questions asked. Former NBA champions and multiple all-star selected players, the duo can play at an extremely high level.

Coming off the bench is George Hill, who has shown he will be an all-star player very early in his career. His productivity, shooting, ball-handling, defense, speed, and basketball IQ is very impressive for a young player. He will only continue to grow and someday become the next Tony Parker for the Spurs.

Another formidable acquisition for the Spurs was sharpshooter James Anderson. Anderson will need to mature as a player before he reaches his potential. But what better way to mature than next to former NBA champions and all-stars?

Although not the dynasty they once were, they are still a very good team which success will depend on this formidable backcourt.

Galileo
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
The Spurs have the best backcourt. And with Duncan and Splitter, plus good backups (Blair, Bonner, Dice, Jefferson), they have the best frontcourt. So that means # 5 for the Spurs.

The Btown Spur
08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Isnt this the same website that had us missing the playoffs?

TIMMYD!
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM

Yeah, they're retarded.

Hooks
08-04-2010, 07:01 PM

Yep, the same person who wrote this article wrote the one about us missing the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
:lmao

That's beyond hilarious if true.

DesignatedT
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
bleacherepot is a fn joke.

Mel_13
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
:lmao

That's beyond hilarious if true.

True.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/9217-andrew-pierluissi/archives/newest?rel=nofollow

8FOR!3
08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
He's bipolar?

Amuseddaysleeper
08-04-2010, 07:25 PM
True.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/9217-andrew-pierluissi/archives/newest?rel=nofollow

*smacks forehead*

Bleacher Report, the new Hoops Hype

rayray2k8
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
This actually got to Manu.. Interesting.
Maybe some good can come out of this. :)

manuginobili

Wow! Thx. Now we gotta win again 2 proove it ~ Mirá que bien! Ahora tendríamos que ganar de nuevo para probarlo!
http://twitter.com/manuginobili

Marcus Bryant
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I would agree, but our front court leaves much to be desired.

Much better than the last couple of seasons.

admiralsnackbar
08-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes, but the age and lack of size bothers me. I still would like to have have 1 more 6-11 guy off the bench who can play.

Every team could say that.

SPURSGOAT
08-04-2010, 08:06 PM

:lol

Sisk
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
This damn site..

admiralsnackbar
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
True but the ones who want to win titles go out and make it happen.......LA went and took Gasols salary helped get 2 rings, Boston went and got KG got a ring and played for another, now they go get shaq for peanuts.

We sit back with a 6-7 back up pf and 6-9 35yr old back up center.......Oh and matt bonner who for all purposes plays like hes 6-4.

Again: Shaq is more of a liability than an asset. There's a reason he went for the vet min.

Sense
08-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Why do people keep posting shit from this website? Like their opinions matter?

I don't get it, and this is a great example...

Idiot has the Spurs missing the playoffs, but also says that they have the best back-court in the NBA.

silverblackfan
08-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Meh. It is a boring summer and I will read pretty much anything Spurs related.
When does training camp start?

SPURSGOAT
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I didnt read what you said but love the pictures!!

:toast

mingus
08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
i tend to agree. I still think a healthy, gelled Spurs team is in the mix without question. lots of questions going into next year regarding the supporting cast. but i think it all rests on them. our trio is fine.

Anderson ?
Neal ?
Splitter ?

it'll be interesting to watch the season play out.

Danny.Zhu
08-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I would agree, but our front court leaves much to be desired.

Agreed.

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2010, 12:20 AM
would like to see gee get more minutes at either 3 positions

as for anderson...sg/sf is where he gets his minutes...

but im high on gee, 2nd year should start to see some progress after 1yr of spurs/torros system under his belt...

Sean Cagney
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
would like to see gee get more minutes at either 3 positions

as for anderson...sg/sf is where he gets his minutes...

but im high on gee, 2nd year should start to see some progress after 1yr of spurs/torros system under his belt...

Why are so many high on Gee? I mean seriously he could be okay but I see his name all the time in here like he has done something. He has potential I guess but..........

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Why are so many high on Gee? I mean seriously he could be okay but I see his name all the time in here like he has done something. He has potential I guess but..........

thats because he has a song after him on youtube, search gee gee gee, love them girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjCfn9j79g << skip to 25secs...gee gee gee baby baby baby

jimo2305
08-05-2010, 01:55 AM
lol how can we have the best backcourt when behind tony parker.. we have hill, anderson and gee?

DrSteffo
08-05-2010, 04:48 AM
lol how can we have the best backcourt when behind tony parker.. we have hill, anderson and gee?

We have Manu Ginobili.

ThaBigFundamental21
08-05-2010, 04:56 AM
:lol

What's up with all these ghetto mexican chicks.

texaskid
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
http://i1.hoopchina.com.cn/user/299/3145299/1281014195e035b.jpg

lotr1trekkie
08-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Manu should really come off the bench again. So should Hill especially if Tony isn't coming back next season. Tim, Dice, RJ and Tony. We need to plug in someone at the #2. I'd give Neal/Anderson a shot at it.
That would give the Spurs Hill, Manu, Blair, Tiago and ??? as a formidable second unit. More than ever this season I believe that the ability of the second unit to keep us competitive during a long season will be key in how far we go in the playoffs. Pop tweeked too many lineups last season. He needs to give Blair, Tiago, Anderson, and Neal maximum minutes the first half of the season. The only time we need the Big 3 together is the last 6 minutes of a game. They are all proven gamers. We can't afford to wear them out during the meaningless regular season.

JustinJDW
08-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't forget Gary Neal! :p:

wildbill2u
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
If the roster stays the same as projected from current signings, then Anderson will probably move to SF as he seems best suited to make that move compared to Neal, Hill, Gee, Temple, Jarells. By the way, Bogans is still shown on the roster on the Spurs website as a FA.

No doubt about it, we will be playing a lot of small ball at times cause that's what we got on the roster.

Leonard Curse
08-05-2010, 12:47 PM
If the roster stays the same as projected from current signings, then Anderson will probably move to SF as he seems best suited to make that move compared to Neal, Hill, Gee, Temple, Jarells. By the way, Bogans is still shown on the roster on the Spurs website as a FA.

No doubt about it, we will be playing a lot of small ball at times cause that's what we got on the roster.

if we keep playing small ball and losing to teams because of pop insanity well we should let him go theres no need to keep a person who is intentionally screwing us over hes not an idiot so he knows that its not working unlike don nelson who is in a different world, pop knows this shit isnt productive and he also knows its stupid to let out exp contracts walk w/any return sooo my conclusion is he either likes san antonio to struggle or just experimenting for a few years or he wants us to lose.

wut
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
This actually got to Manu.. Interesting.
Maybe some good can come out of this. :)

manuginobili

Wow! Thx. Now we gotta win again 2 proove it ~ Mirá que bien! Ahora tendríamos que ganar de nuevo para probarlo!
http://twitter.com/manuginobili
I hope the other article got to him to, Manu always plays better angry. :D

TJastal
08-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Retarded article.

On paper Parker & Ginobili sounds like a top backcourt (*when healthy*) but in recent years its become obvious that in practice one needs to come off the bench to maximize their talents and cohesiveness.

Now you add Jefferson to this starting lineup and things really start having the potential to backfire. Quite honestly, Jefferson & Parker should never see the floor together, period.

Add Matt Boner taking up a huge chunk of minutes (Splitter & Blair's most likely) and its looking like this team is going to have major chemistry problems/issues unless Pop once again gets creative with the lineups (Parker off the bench again, Boner in doghouse, etc).

And perhaps this website despite all the fellating realized all this, since in a previous article they have the spurs missing the playoffs.

hater
08-06-2010, 10:39 AM
let's pray to the Gods we'll have no major injuries and I like our chances