PDA

View Full Version : Despite a great offseason, Miami still has 1 glaring hole

TIMMYtoZO
08-04-2010, 08:46 PM
And that is a head coach. I know Heat fans and supporters are excited for the season to start. I am too but I don't trust Eric Spolestra with this team come playoff time. An unproven guy is really going to coach THIS team all season? This is a team that is built for Pat Riley. He has coached elite teams and knows how to win. I trust him.This isn't like Boston where that big 3 were already in their 30's. This is a team with 2 superstars in their prime and 1 all-star bigman about to enter his. Spoelstra has a nice defensive system and can take tips from Riley sure. That is nice and cute and all but that will only do so much. I really hope Riley is looking for the first opportunity to get rid of Spolestra and take over. I would like Eric if this was still a rebuilding heat team but not with this current squad.

Giuseppe
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Knock, knock.

It's you, Pat, isn't it?

It sure ain't Len Bias.

jacobdrj
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Once, Pat Riley was an unproven coach, given the reigns of an ultra talented Championship pedigreed LA Lakers squad, with minimal assistant coaching experience...

There was this other guy, Phillip Jackson, who also took over a talented, but ultimately unproven Bulls squad...

I am not saying Spolestra is P-Jax, or even Riles... But to just say they have a hole at HC... Silly. Absurd. Spolestra, more than almost anyone else, earned his place on the bench... And anyone who can at least babysit those 3, should be fine...

Darrin
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
And that is a head coach. I know Heat fans and supporters are excited for the season to start. I am too but I don't trust Eric Spolestra with this team come playoff time. An unproven guy is really going to coach THIS team all season? This is a team that is built for Pat Riley. He has coached elite teams and knows how to win. I trust him.This isn't like Boston where that big 3 were already in their 30's. This is a team with 2 superstars in their prime and 1 all-star bigman about to enter his. Spoelstra has a nice defensive system and can take tips from Riley sure. That is nice and cute and all but that will only do so much. I really hope Riley is looking for the first opportunity to get rid of Spolestra and take over. I would like Eric if this was still a rebuilding heat team but not with this current squad.

I think Spolestra has done a fantastic job in his time with the Heat. His players pay attention to detail and play great defense. I think the one glaring hole is at the center position. They need to answer the question of whether these guys still have enough left (Magloire, Big Z, Howard) or are talented enough (Anthony, Pittman) or big enough (Bosh) to handle the Lakers, Magic, and Celtics on the frontline.

djohn2oo8
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Knock, knock.

It's you, Pat, isn't it?

It sure ain't Len Bias.

The Cubster with the goods on a wednesday night

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM

CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER:

DksSPZTZES0

4>0rings
08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Let me know when a coach scores 45 points in a night.

TIMMYtoZO
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I am not saying Spoelstra is a bad coach. He did the best he could with a bad to below average heat team. But to coach a team like this, I just dont see it. I am not convinced that an unproven playoff coach is going to help this team win a title. He is a good fit for a rebuilding team but not for a team of this magnitude. If he stays the coach all season, they will come up short in the playoffs. It is easier said than done to just "babysit" the team.

TIMMYtoZO
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Let me know when a coach scores 45 points in a night.

Look at how the Lakers/Bulls were before Phil Jackson,

Look at Miami with Stan and then with Riley the following season.

Look at the Pistons with Brown and then with Saunders.

Coaching is vital.

milkshakeballa
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
In one offseason Coach Spo managed to gain the title of most underrated coach in the NBA. This guy can't handle the XO's? Please. Maybe egos. But Riley AND Wade will eb one step behind him on that part.

The guy is a damn good coach and will not be a liability for the Heat.

08-04-2010, 09:32 PM
when the second best player on the heat is michael "i love pot" beasley, i'm surprised the heat even got 47 wins. and don't worry, pat riley will be looking over the shoulders of the team and keeping the egos in check.

admiralsnackbar
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Pat will step in if the team seems to be gelling, but not before then. Just like when he booted Van Gundy to charge to victory.

My Fault
08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Once, Pat Riley was an unproven coach, given the reigns of an ultra talented Championship pedigreed LA Lakers squad, with minimal assistant coaching experience...

There was this other guy, Phillip Jackson, who also took over a talented, but ultimately unproven Bulls squad...

I am not saying Spolestra is P-Jax, or even Riles... But to just say they have a hole at HC... Silly. Absurd. Spolestra, more than almost anyone else, earned his place on the bench... And anyone who can at least babysit those 3, should be fine...

+1

Miami's biggest hole is post D.

MiamiHeat
08-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Spoelstra will be just fine.

Obviously, I am a huge Pat Riley fan, and would love to see him return to the Heat sidelines. He's the man. His coaching in the 2006 Finals was amazing. He put Wade in the place he needed to be to make the big plays.... like that "inbound to Wade and he will catch the ball in the backcourt" final possession. We had Dallas Mavericks people who didn't even know you could do that.

but still.

Spoelstra will be fine.

The one thing about Pat that I do not like is the way he runs the players into the ground. LeBron, Bosh, etc will not enjoy the long practices by Riley.

and the tarnish to Riley's reputation would be bad. Van Gundy, ok, it's once. But Spoelstra too? That's twice too many

TIMMYtoZO
08-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Well if this team wins it all with Spoelstra as the coach, I will be fine with that and I will eat my words. I hope he proves me wrong. I just don't feel comfortable with an unproven playoff coach with this kind of team. He has a ton of pressure to deal with. A bad start could end his coaching days. Failing to win a title next year will bring Riley back for sure. There is just little to no room for error here.

Venti Quattro
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Spoelstra would be fine. I would love for him to do well. He's the only guy on this Heat team that I'm going to root for.

DJ Mbenga
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM
the glaring hole is lebrons mom's pussy. its unfilled now that delonte is no longer a teamate

bostonguy
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
At least give Spoelstra a chance even if that means the entire season.The guy has a stacked team now, and he did the best he could with an average one the past 2 years. Just give him this season.

Giuseppe
08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Riley figured he could breeze to The Finals from the soft seat upstairs.

The Celtics said: "uh, uh."

Daddy will be be a rough customer for them.

It's gonna be topsy-turvy in the East this season. Lots of grudges, blood feuds, and wet work.

Nutty baby.

Ace
08-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Well if this team wins it all with Spoelstra as the coach, I will be fine with that and I will eat my words. I hope he proves me wrong. I just don't feel comfortable with an unproven playoff coach with this kind of team. He has a ton of pressure to deal with. A bad start could end his coaching days. Failing to win a title next year will bring Riley back for sure. There is just little to no room for error here.

How is there no room for error?

Chillen
08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Pretty sure if they have a disappointing regular season and playoffs Pat Riley will be tossing Spolestra out the door. Have to see what he has first, Miami is approaching this whole situation correctly, championships aren't won in July.

ducks
08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
are not games played on the court

heat have great players but holes
no experienced point guard no great tall d center

lets see how great this team is
I predict no finals for them next year with riley or the current coach

MiamiHeat
08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Eddie House seems like an experienced pg to me

21_Blessings
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Miami's only hole is post D, we'll see how they do..I like Joel Anthony, I'm a fan of his, I'm excited to see how he looks next year..

:lol

I expect Miami's defense to be based on the perimeter..the Lebron-Wade duo could be legendary from a defensive standpoint..

:lmao :lmao :lmao

djohn2oo8
08-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Riley figured he could breeze to The Finals from the soft seat upstairs.

The Celtics said: "uh, uh."

Daddy will be be a rough customer for them.

It's gonna be topsy-turvy in the East this season. Lots of grudges, blood feuds, and wet work.

Nutty baby.

Crucify em' Cubby!!! Send that fake ass LeBron to the tree of woe!

DJB
08-06-2010, 12:50 AM

You forgot rebounding. They're going to get killed on the boards.

TIMMYtoZO
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
bump.