PDA

View Full Version : Seriously: Spurs have no shot at winning a title..

SequSpur
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM
they just don't, pretty simple conclusion or observation...They have a team that can win 55 games, but they aren't in the top 5 in the nba...they have no chance.

Leetonidas
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Shut the fuck up :tu

BlackSwordsMan
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
kori cracks down on the mavs krew for shitty posting but sequ can run rampant on these forums without being checked?
awesome suck a dick you midget

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
lol he mad still not allowed to ride the rollercoaster

Silver&Black
08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm brand new to Spurstalk and I've been wondering why everybody hates on this SequSpur guy. Guess I just found out why. Seriously, who writes "Spurs are lottery bound" and then call themselves a Spurs fan. Has he watched the Spurs the last ten years??? Name me one season where we were "lottery bound"....

Blackjack
08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Joe-Wilson-You-Lie-photo.jpg

YOU LIE!!!

DesignatedT
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
did you not see this? http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160282

Solid D
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
did you not see this? http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160282

Now that Sequ thinks he has post count cred, he's working on a thread-started count rep.

Obstructed_View
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/donotfeed2.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm brand new to Spurstalk and I've been wondering why everybody hates on this SequSpur guy. Guess I just found out why. Seriously, who writes "Spurs are lottery bound" and then call themselves a Spurs fan. Has he watched the Spurs the last ten years??? Name me one season where we were "lottery bound"....

welcome

every year its always the same shit from sequ :D:D

Solid D
08-04-2010, 11:38 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/donotfeed2.jpg

:lol Nice.

edgar
08-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh thats odd..I couldve sworn that the Spurs signed Tmac and increased their chances. See that you check out that JUICY thread SEQU.

rayray2k8
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
You mad little man?

SequSpur
08-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Lmao......

rayray2k8
08-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm wondering if this guy can even make a sentence. Or if he needs a booster seat at a restaurant to eat?

Blackjack
08-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Lol, o_v, lol . . .

Sean Cagney
08-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Just relax man and keep your thoughts to yourself. Are the Spurs likely to win no, can they if all goes right yes, but a title? Who knows time will tell if Time permits and the Spurs stay 100% healthy! They came on late last year and got alot better late in the year, this year it could be the same with some new parts who knows.

Cane
08-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Lol, o_v, lol . . .

+ 1 :lol :toast

BruceBowenFan
08-05-2010, 01:06 AM
shut the fuck up :tu

+1

Strike
08-05-2010, 01:37 AM
they just don't, pretty simple conclusion or observation...They have a team that can win 55 games, but they aren't in the top 5 in the nba...they have no chance.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/liquid_helix136/cool_story_bro.jpg

wunderkindepiphany
08-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Alright, I'll bite. Sequ, you say its a "pretty simple conclusion or observation", as if you needed to provide a synonym. Give five legit reasons why you feel the Spurs are a 55-win team but aren't championship caliber. You obviously wanted to talk about it, you created a thread. Also, who are your PRESEASON top five. No one here knows what injuries or changes are going to occur during the season that may affect any one team's chances at a championship. Hypothetical point in case, if the Lakers lose Kobe to an injury, does that diminish their chances of winning a title?

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2010, 04:05 AM

agreed

bigzak25
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Just because you are short does not mean you have to be such a little man.

Going by your 55 win premise alone, it would be foolish to say they have no chance.

As we all know, a healthy and rested TD and Manu give the Spurs all the chance they need come May and June.

It will be Pop's job to make sure they are rested. Health is a crap shoot for any team.

Please go ahead and post your top 5. I want to see who you put ahead of the Spurs, other than the Lakers and Celtics of course...

I'd rank the Spurs as #3 right now and they'll have to earn #1 by beating those teams when it counts, no doubt.

But you have three other teams ahead of our Spurs? Do tell...:lol

Mister Sinister
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Clearly, any advice on his short temper went over his head. Pretty tall order, I guess.

smrattler
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
In reality, if the Suns can sweep us last season, we probably get blown out 4 games in a row last season against the Lakers.

I don't see enough additions this summer that make me change my mind about that, too many questions and not enough known advantages we have over teams. And the Lakers are probably going to be stronger too next year.

It's basically the Lakers and everyone else in the West. And there will be some formidable team come out of the East too.

So, it looks slim to be sure. To say the least.

Cool2LOVE
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
It's cool guys.

Sequspur may have one of these, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

but he'll also be drinking a beer with the rest of us at the river parade in June.

:flag:

lefty
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Sequspur is right

Everybody is in denial

He is right

Leonard Curse
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
welcome

every year its always the same shit from sequ :D:D

at least hes got one aspect of the org. conisistency!! man that sig of yours trips me out i like it. wish you could hang something like that up

Leonard Curse
08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
i honestly think shq would have helped and i cant believe people were so against that signing. what in the heck are we gonna do for a backup big now?

SequSpur
08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Sequspur is right

Everybody is in denial

He is right

thanks...reminds me of cowboy fans who think they can win a superbowl with a shitty quarterback, a subpar running back, a new offensive line and no safety....:lmao

Spurs can win a championship with 60 year old Duncan, a newbie from overseas in the post...a point guard who would rather play elsewhere and matt bonner. Yeah right....

Cleveland, LA Lakers, Orlando, Miami, Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta and the Houston have all passed the Spurs in talent...it's over..

SequSpur
08-05-2010, 05:16 PM
BTW... retaining assets that just got swept by the suns and reinforcing them with an overseas star from the ymca league is not improving the team...WTF?

This team should've unloaded parker or ginobili for a couple of greedy youngsters that could've taken this team to the next level....

so we have another 50 win team, that can't win a back to back game...that loses to all the .500 plus teams and possible squeaks out a 7 game series win in the first round and then gets swept in the second...same shit...new year...guaranfuckinteed....

the nba is not that tough to figure out.

go spurs go.

ohmwrecker
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM
BTW... retaining assets that just got swept by the suns and reinforcing them with an overseas star from the ymca league is not improving the team...WTF?

Splitter or Neal?

Josepatches_
08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Only a dumb believe that we can win the tittle.It's over.It's over since 2008

wunderkindepiphany
08-05-2010, 07:04 PM
only a dumb

wut
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
thanks...reminds me of cowboy fans who think they can win a superbowl with a shitty quarterback, a subpar running back, a new offensive line and no safety....:lmao

Spurs can win a championship with 60 year old Duncan, a newbie from overseas in the post...a point guard who would rather play elsewhere and matt bonner. Yeah right....

Cleveland, LA Lakers, Orlando, Miami, Portland, Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta and the Houston have all passed the Spurs in talent...it's over..
You know, if you weren't so blinded by your bitterness you might be able to objectively look at the talent the Spurs have and realize it's on par if not ahead of half of the teams you listed above. Duncan, Manu, Parker, Hill, RJ, Splitter, Blair, McDyess.....it's a pretty solid squad, even on paper.

I think the Spurs' biggest problem is they no longer have a player that completely dominates at any one position anymore; teams that win championships always have a player that dominates at their position.

Our only hope is that Parker has a standout year.

As for the Cowboys, it's not just Cowboys fans that think of them as a contender...Vegas has them tied at #2 for odds; certainly though they lack leadership. As for the shitty quarterback comment it's like all your other opinions baseless and defensive.

wunderkindepiphany
08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I can see the Lakers, Orlando and Miami (because of their core, although they aren't as complete a team, from top to bottom, as the Spurs and we've yet to see them on the floor) as above the Spurs. However, I disagree on Cleveland, Portland and Utah. I like Atlanta a lot next season and I'm surprised you don't have the Thunder up on your list, considering the other teams you have on there. Also, the Nuggets are still dangerous, IMO.

Anyway, my two favorite young teams are Atlanta and OKC. I wouldn't like to see Dallas in a match-up, but being a homer I would still pick my Spurs in a series against them. . .especially seeing as how we spanked them this last year and I can legitimately argue that we have improved our overall talent level, more so than they have, this off season. Cleveland is a good team, but Dan Gilbert spoke too soon when he promised a championship before LeBron. I don't know about that. They have to really rely on Varejao down low, now. We'll see how that works out. I do like Hickson, though. Utah lost too much with Carlos Boozer, IMO, to be considered better than the Spurs. I know they had our number this past year and that Sloan is an amazing coach, so I never count them out, but I wouldn't put them ahead of us. I do like Deron Williams and Raja Bell, but losing Boozer hurt them big-time. Houston, Phoenix, and Portland are all good teams, but I wouldn't put them higher. Maybe I'm a homer.

I do think that Bonner's value and efficacy has been overestimated. I feel like too much is being put on his shoulders and am not completely sold on the idea that he will stretch the floor or shoot well, regardless of his past injury no longer plaguing him. One can hope.

Nathan89
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Anyway, my two favorite young teams are Atlanta and OKC.

Atlanta sucks. They gave joe johnson the max deal and he is only a little better than stephen jackson. That team has zero chance at winning a title for the next decade.

wunderkindepiphany
08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree, J.J. was overpaid, but I don't think the Hawks suck. Do I think they're winning the championship this year? No. But yes, 119 mil was way too much. We take for granted how fantastic our FO is. I mean, the Hawks wouldn't have found anyone better at the mid and they still have a pretty good group of players to work with for this season, on the upside. I like watching them play. My biggest question is how they react to the new coach. I'm not saying the Hawks are the shit, but I like to follow them.

quentin_compson
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I can see the Lakers, Orlando and Miami (because of their core, although they aren't as complete a team, from top to bottom, as the Spurs and we've yet to see them on the floor) as above the Spurs. However, I disagree on Cleveland, Portland and Utah. I like Atlanta a lot next season and I'm surprised you don't have the Thunder up on your list, considering the other teams you have on there. Also, the Nuggets are still dangerous, IMO.

Anyway, my two favorite young teams are Atlanta and OKC. I wouldn't like to see Dallas in a match-up, but being a homer I would still pick my Spurs in a series against them. . .especially seeing as how we spanked them this last year and I can legitimately argue that we have improved our overall talent level, more so than they have, this off season. Cleveland is a good team, but Dan Gilbert spoke too soon when he promised a championship before LeBron. I don't know about that. They have to really rely on Varejao down low, now. We'll see how that works out. I do like Hickson, though. Utah lost too much with Carlos Boozer, IMO, to be considered better than the Spurs. I know they had our number this past year and that Sloan is an amazing coach, so I never count them out, but I wouldn't put them ahead of us. I do like Deron Williams and Raja Bell, but losing Boozer hurt them big-time. Houston, Phoenix, and Portland are all good teams, but I wouldn't put them higher. Maybe I'm a homer.

I do think that Bonner's value and efficacy has been overestimated. I feel like too much is being put on his shoulders and am not completely sold on the idea that he will stretch the floor or shoot well, regardless of his past injury no longer plaguing him. One can hope.

I don't see how anyone could possibly see the Cavs as a contender (or even better than the Spurs) without LeBron. And the Hawks have a talented team, but they are yet to prove they are able to make a deep playoff run.
The Jazz and the Nuggets have nice teams and are easily top 5 material in the RS in the West, but I don't see how they could beat the Lakers in the playoffs.
OKC and the Blazers are both teams with a lot of upside, but with a couple of question marks as well. Camby and Oden definitely have the potential to make the Lakers' bigs work for their money, but will they be healthy?
IF everything works out as fine as it possibly could for the Spurs this season, they might be able to reach the Finals, but I have to admit that some obstacles look almost insurmountable.

cutewizard
08-07-2010, 02:06 AM
We could win

I think we need one more

Someone.....like a robert horry type of guy, multi dimensional

I thought we could get shaq

but no matter, just one more and we can compete

cutewizard
08-07-2010, 02:10 AM
If

if splitter can play man,

you know, he can tilt the balance