08-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Fisher / Blake
Kobe / Brown / Sasha
Artest / Barnes / Luke / Ebanks
Pau / LO / Caracter
Drew / Ratliff

Head Coach: Phil Jackson
Assistants: Brian Shaw, Frank Hamblen, Chucky P, Jim Cleamons

Total payroll will be right at 95 mil give or take some dollars. It's about 4 more than last year.

Dumping Sasha before the deadline will be a crucial move for JB's bottom line. Gotta give the man his due...he is SHELLING out the dough.

Only armed with the MLE, Mitch has turned the bench into a selfish no D playing run and fun group of Farmar/Brown/Luke/LO into a solid high IQ bench lead by Blake/Brown/Barnes/LO/Ratliff.

I feel Shannon is going to GREATLY improve playing along side Steve Blake instead of Jordan Farmar. Hopefully this will limit Kobe's minutes this season if he can become a viable backup 2.

Should be a fun year Laker fans. Can't wait til Christmas! :toast

usdane
08-05-2010, 01:12 AM
When did we sign Brown, Ebanks and Caracter?

eisfeld
08-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Isn't Brown still a FA?

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:15 AM
...and where is the link for this news?

usdane
08-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Here is a link stating that Brown will likely go back to the Lakers to go back to back to back. Will decide Thursday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_target_brown_likely_staying_kd2zx71UnixSAcR 2NuZC8M

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Oh that's great news re: Shannon Brown

TheGreatest23
08-05-2010, 01:36 AM
gotta give props to kupchack....he did good for the little they had.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Caracter is a lock to sign. Ebanks should sign as well. Its a matter of time.

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I hope Phil gives Ebanks and Caracter burn time. It will mean good for the team long-term. And besides, the two have shown that they deserve playing time.

BUT OH WHAT A BENCH UPGRADE! Excited for the season!!!

usdane
08-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Once Brown and Picks are signed we are ready to roll. #17 is coming home this season.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I hope Phil gives Ebanks and Caracter burn time. It will mean good for the team long-term. And besides, the two have shown that they deserve playing time.

EBanks no. He will not be a serious role player during our window. Caracter YES. IMO I think Caracter is going to surprise A LOT Of people THIS YEAR.

I think he is going to work his way into the rotation and get 10+ MPG THIS YEAR - esp. if LO will be sleepwalking.

HeatChamps
08-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Too bad there is one team better than them.

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Too bad there is one team better than them on paper.

Giuseppe
08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
They could leave Brown where they found him, but, the rest is peaches.

21_Blessings
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Me too but it's not happening without injuries to the core. This is Phil we're talking about.

Killakobe81
08-05-2010, 09:35 AM

Ebanks will ONLY play IF Walton realy can't go ...Phil loves Luke.

EBanks and Caracter will probably only play garbage time mins. But Is it true the Lakers Developmental squad is no longer in existince? I thought i heard that somewhere. That would be a shame ...that team runs the triangle and those guys could use the work and the PT ...

I agree we need shannons speed and atheleticism and with Blake running PG Brown will get more opportunities to play to his strengths ...but to give Kobe more rest he HAS to improve his jumper a bit ...

If sasha stays asa 5th guard he can play both the 1 and 2 plushe is in a contract year if he has ANY ability left I expect a bounce back year ...Blake will help him as well ...

SomeCallMeTim
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Would've preferred an upgrade from Brown -- West is the obvious choice, but he is a headcase and perhaps wasn't signable given their situation anyway.

I guess we'll just have to hope that Shannon's game continues to improve. I think most of it is between his ears. There's hope -- he does seem like a coachable player who wants to get better.

in2deep
08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
how much did they spend to keep Fisher's body frozen in carbonite?

lil_penny
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
You guys wanna trade us back blake for bayless??? :lol

SomeCallMeTim
08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
how much did they spend to keep Fisher's body frozen in carbonite?

:lol

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM

no rudy, no deal

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
The roster is set now.

Shannon Brown to Return to the Lakers (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/05/shannon-brown-to-return-to-the-lakers/)
8/05/2010 1:22 PM ET By Chris Tomasson

Shannon Brown is returning to the Lakers.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told FanHouse on Thursday the deal "definitely'' will get done later in the day. The free-agent guard will sign a two-year, $4.6 million contract, with the second year a player option. He will make $2.2 million this season, with the option year worth $2.4 million.

"The lure of the Lakers was too great,'' said Bartelstein, whose client had been looked at strongly by New York. "He didn't want to look back and not have the chance to go for a third straight championship.''

Brown opted out in June of a deal that would have paid him $2.149 million this season. The sides haggled over dollars for several weeks before Brown ending up getting just a slight amount more than what he left behind.

"We'll have the flexibility and will look at it again next summer,'' Bartelstein said.

Brown, who averaged 8.1 points last season,

Sportcamper
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
When you really think about it…Shannon, Sasha & Luke all have rings…LeBron does not have any rings…

Shannon, Sasha & Luke > LeBron

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:12 PM
The rookies will be next... they won't be too hard to sign now

usdane
08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
We are not done until JCritt is back in the fold :makemyday

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:31 PM
We are not done until JCritt is back in the fold :makemyday

Son it's a long shot. We already have a complete guard rotation... for now Critt is useless.

Ashy Larry
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
lakers are still trying to shed payroll. I think that only one of the second rounders is going to sign and the other one may hit up Europe or the D League ....... they'll go with 13 like they did last year

2Cleva
08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
No, LA will go with 14. The 2nd round pick money will be minimum ($475 K).

They will work all year to deal Sasha and pick to free up lux tax money and try to convince Walton to retire.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 09:57 PM

I would seriously consider this. I am really high on Jerryd's game.

Ashy Larry
08-06-2010, 10:03 AM

Sasha and Luke for Roy would be an absolute win for the Blazers ........ Lakers are really sacrificing here.

Venti Quattro
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Sasha and Luke for Roy would be an absolute win for the Blazers ........ Lakers are really sacrificing here.

We're going to trade away a high-IQ player who facilitates well and a dead-shot from the free throw line for young talent. We're really losing out on this one.

lil_penny
08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Get it done pritcha.... oh wait.

siraulo23
08-06-2010, 10:32 PM
why the fuck did the lakers trade bynum for gooden?
what was the trade details?