PDA

View Full Version : Do animals have morals???

lebomb
08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Discuss..............

Viva Las Espuelas
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Well, for starters, they lick their dick, balls, vuhjay, and anús in public, so you tell me.

CosmicCowboy
08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, for starters, they lick their dick, balls, vuhjay, and anús in public, so you tell me.

Yeah, but they do it in moderation.

If men could lick their dicks we would still be in the stone age.

mrsmaalox
08-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Morals and class are 2 different things.

Leetonidas
08-05-2010, 10:26 AM
No. They have no cognitive reason skills.

/thread

Drachen
08-05-2010, 10:31 AM

/thread

Then why tools?

rjv
08-05-2010, 10:35 AM
something tells me this will not even come close to being anything resembling epistemological discourse

Drachen
08-05-2010, 10:38 AM
something tells me this will not even come close to being anything resembling epistemological discourse

If so, it will be completely by accident since I just had to look up epistemological. LOL

Drachen
08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh and since I posted twice and have yet to answer the original question, my answer is:
I don't know.

My first reaction is to say "no" but there are differences in morality amongst my own species. Who am I to say that Chimps don't have their own moral code which I don't yet understand.

rjv
08-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh and since I posted twice and have yet to answer the original question, my answer is:
I don't know.

My first reaction is to say "no" but there are differences in morality amongst my own species. Who am I to say that Chimps don't have their own moral code which I don't yet understand.

what would dr. zeuss say about all this ?

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/dr-zeus.jpg

Drachen
08-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't know, maybe we should ask Falco.

"dr. zeuss, dr. Zeuss-Dr. Zeuss, oh oh oh Dr Zeuss (oooo rock me Dr. Zeuss)."

DisAsTerBot
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
the very essence of morals is debatable.....
you could have something you call morals that I call stupidity
and vice versa....
so, first you'd have to understand the thinking and logic and matters of importance to the animal...

lebomb
08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
the very essence of morals is debatable.....
you could have something you call morals that I call stupidity
and vice versa....
so, first you'd have to understand the thinking and logic and matters of importance to the animal...

I wonder if a chinchilla or wallaby looks at person and thinks to itself.... WTF? is that idiot doing? or if they wonder if humans are stupid? Has anyone looked at their dog and the dog looks back at you like WTF??? Why you looking at me all crazy?

Just curious............... :(

marini martini
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Try explaining this, and why animals don't talk like humans, to a 2 yr. old that watches effin "Wonder Pets" all day!!!! ....................and don't get me started on Yo Gabba Gabba!

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp8/ahidalgo_photos/yogabbabckgrd3.jpg

TBH, watch Nick Jr. all day, you'll see all sorts of morals, values, & lessons 24/7!!!!WTF????

Hooks
08-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Humans are animals, most humans have morals, therefore animals have morals :P

Edit: Oh shit! 420th Post FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TE
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
the question is do you have morality for asking such question on animalistic morality, exists or not?

LnGrrrR
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
My first answer would be a rapid-fire "no". But if I looked up proof, I might change my mind. After all, some animals do have complex social structures. Anybody want to do it for me? :D

Viva Las Espuelas
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Try explaining this, and why animals don't talk like humans, to a 2 yr. old that watches effin "Wonder Pets" all day!!!! ....................and don't get me started on Yo Gabba Gabba!

TBH, watch Nick Jr. all day, you'll see all sorts of morals, values, & lessons 24/7!!!!WTF????Yo gabba is weird. I don't know where or why I saw it but that's not a kids show.

Blake
08-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Discuss..............

Do the chinchillas you are trying to pay people $17.95 to take have immoral values?

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
They're instinctive so I doubt that requires morals for decision-making.

redzero
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
No, they don't have morals. They don't kill their own probably because they don't need to do so. They take care of their young to further their species. They do what they do to survive.

lebomb
08-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Also, animals rape at will and its not against the law.

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM

TBH, watch Nick Jr. all day, you'll see all sorts of morals, values, & lessons 24/7!!!!WTF????

lol my nephew and niece loves this show, i watch it sometimes also but damn i dont understand wtf they are saying...

the black guy, LOL looks like rajon rondo

good show, sometimes they have sports personalities on the show

Stringer_Bell
08-05-2010, 03:22 PM

/thread

Some monkeys (or were they chimps?) have displayed altruistic traits based on the number of family members involved in dangerous situations or those involving scarce resources. The studies I recall from my Anthropology class suggested they can count family members (those they are related to), so if they can count and make decisions based off that information...that's called cognition.

I'm not saying it means they're moral. In the animals kingdom, there are no such things as rights.

Darrin
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Discuss..............

I don't think that they have a sense of right and wrong. They do have complex mating rituals and establishing leadership, pecking order, and dominance and a lot of this is taught. However, they aren't complex enough to have established no-nos and behavior in achieving dominance. Lions will murder the young of the males they just conquered in order to mate with the males former mates. I would consider that "wrong" as killing is not right. But they do not have that same moral.

So even if they do have a moral code it looks nothing like what we, as domesticated and free-thinking human beings do.

redzero
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Lions will murder the young of the males they just conquered in order to mate with the males former mates.

Animals cannot "murder" other animals.

I would consider that "wrong" as killing is not right. But they do not have that same moral.

Killing in itself is not "wrong." These are animals we are talking about here. This is a part of their nature.

The Reckoning
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
interesting when you read stories of dolphins saving people from sharks.

Summers
08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Some monkeys (or were they chimps?) have displayed altruistic traits based on the number of family members involved in dangerous situations or those involving scarce resources. The studies I recall from my Anthropology class suggested they can count family members (those they are related to), so if they can count and make decisions based off that information...that's called cognition.

I'm not saying it means they're moral. In the animals kingdom, there are no such things as rights.

But there are pecking orders and social norms to follow, even in non-primate animal cultures.

lol my nephew and niece loves this show, i watch it sometimes also but damn i dont understand wtf they are saying...

the black guy, LOL looks like rajon rondo

good show, sometimes they have sports personalities on the show

Besides, kids don't know the big red guy is a giant dildo.

silverbora
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Besides, kids don't know the big red guy is a giant dildo.

dont forget the butt plug
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FrL5jm8jkPUR6M:http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/af/6/AAAAArzQ1dgAAAAAAK9qGQ.jpg&t=1