PDA

View Full Version : Is SPURSTALK the NBA's best?

lotr1trekkie
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I am shocked and awed by the depth and diversity of SPURSTALK posters. Young and old, assholes and non-assholes, objective and subjective, belligerent and peacemakers, crude and thoughtful. Just like the USA.

mouse
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I remember my first time on line also.

pssssssst!

mavtalk kicks SpursTalk's ass everyday!

bigzak25
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I have no doubt that this is the best basketball forum, but only because I have never seen any that are comparable. That may be because I am just ignorant of the other great forums, or because they simply don't exist.

koriwhat
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM

pssssssst!

mavtalk? you mean mavstalk.com? check it in a week or so.

Sense
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
A forum is hard to populate... and this one has succeeded. It probably is the best out there.

Dex
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
In my wholly biased and unabashed opinion....yes. :flag:

polandprzem
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
highly undoubtable

jimo2305
08-05-2010, 01:17 PM
it's pretty darn good.. and ive been around the interwebz :D

Obstructed_View
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM

pssssssst!

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/mavtalk.jpg

The Btown Spur
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Where do I get fitted for my Ring?

El_Mago
08-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Lakersground.net

Pretty legit too.

ChumpDumper
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM

pssssssst!

mavtalk kicks SpursTalk's ass everyday!Then why are you here every day?

koriwhat
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Then why are you here every day?

no doubt!

bobby4germany
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
One of the best things about this site is the fact that you don't have to deal with tons of advertisements!

Thanks Kori and TIMVP!

HarlemHeat37
08-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Find me another forum where people boycott, especially some of the top posters:lol..SpursTalk is by far the best, TBH, I don't know why so many complain here..

Obstructed_View
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
A top poster boycotted?

PublicOption
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
lakersground is shit. they are too sensitive and defensive. spurstalkers have thicker skin BY FAR.

Sense
08-05-2010, 08:18 PM
A top poster boycotted?

:lol

+1

Samr
08-05-2010, 08:42 PM
At least from what I've seen, Spurstalk is VERY good at beating the mainstream media on Spurs-related stories. Now, why do I need to know that the Spurs signed some arbitrary 3rd string big man three hours before my Google Reader publishes some small blurb?

Because I'm a damn Spurs fan, and that stuff is "important."

Other than that, in my opinion, the actual "quality" of debate and discussion on here has gone down significantly to the point where I usually just read the topic article or a few select posters' opinions. It was different five or six years ago (I WISH I was kidding; that makes me feel old to be able to go back that far) when this place was less-populated, but with the bad comes the good, which is what I mentioned first.

greyforest
08-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Must be since half the posters are from other teams with shitty forums.

Doctor J
08-06-2010, 02:45 AM
I think so.

It's one of many reasons that I am proud of my team and as well as its fan forum.

There is a huge NBA blog in Korea, called 'I Love NBA Cafe', and the Spurs Forum there is the best one as well. It is cetainly not the most popular, perhaps one of the least popular ones, but in terms of both the quality of threads and the manner of fans, it is the best..... by far.

will_spurs
08-06-2010, 03:34 AM
I wonder if Spurstalk has the level of fame as Orange bloods? Remember when the whole Big 12 breaking up was happening and a poster on that site reported it? I wonder if I'll ever see on the bottom line of ESPN "Phila_Chamberlain of SpursTalk.com reports..."

If some newspapers weren't trying to make people believe they were breaking the news when they actually aren't, you'd see that more often. Especially newspapers that prevent forums from reprinting the story that people on the same forum have actually broken a few hours before :lol

Samr
08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Especially newspapers that prevent forums from reprinting the story that people on the same forum have actually broken a few hours before :lol

Can someone explain this to me? I guess I missed it? Did mysa somehow block ST from linking to their stories?

For example, I just read a solid article on Blair on mysa this morning and there's no thread on it. That seems unusual.

Chieflion
08-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Can someone explain this to me? I guess I missed it? Did mysa somehow block ST from linking to their stories?

For example, I just read a solid article on Blair on mysa this morning and there's no thread on it. That seems unusual.

They sent out an email to timvp, asking that Spurstalk take down all Express News articles which were posted in full, forcing duncan228 practically into retirement.

lurker23
08-06-2010, 10:03 AM

More information can be found on this thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148661

Samr
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks, I was looking for that original thread. What's awesome is that MOST of the major basketball-news conglomerating websites re-post more than just "a limited excerpt (under two sentences)," but unfortunately I think they might have some legal representation to fight back.

With increasing frequency I have been receiving calls asking me to renew my subscription to the Express News. Interestingly, these calls have been coming from the Austin area code. At any rate, I used to just shrug them off with a "not interested," but they keep calling. I've decided to respond with increasing verbal brutality. Recent dismissals include:

"Sorry, but I read all my news online like everybody else."
"Did you know that mysa.com distributes the same content without all the paper waste, in an easier-to access manner?"
"The only thing I subscribe to is Google Reader, and a few trash magazines for my wife to shut her up."
"Ask your Spurs reporters to write some meaningful articles and I'll be happy to read them online. And no, not paying a newspaper I won't read."
"Now that you mention it, I do need something for my charcoal starter..."

Sorry to de-rail the thread. But basically I used to subscribe to the EN only for the Spurs articles and to check the weather. Now, I check the weather daily on my phone (or just look outside), and use SpursTalk for any Spurs-related news.

Spursdotcom is also doing the fans and the team a favor by linking to some cool videos.

Yes, still the best forum around (and I've read and tried many; the good here greatly outweighs the bad/ignorable)

Samr
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks, I was looking for that original thread. What's awesome is that MOST of the major basketball-news conglomerating websites re-post more than just "a limited excerpt (under two sentences)," but unfortunately I think they might have some legal representation to fight back.

With increasing frequency I have been receiving calls asking me to renew my subscription to the Express News. Interestingly, these calls have been coming from the Austin area code. At any rate, I used to just shrug them off with a "not interested," but they keep calling. I've decided to respond with increasing verbal brutality. Recent dismissals include:

"Sorry, but I read all my news online like everybody else."
"Did you know that mysa.com distributes the same content without all the paper waste, in an easier-to access manner?"
"The only thing I subscribe to is Google Reader, and a few trash magazines for my wife to shut her up."
"Ask your Spurs reporters to write some meaningful articles and I'll be happy to read them online. And no, not paying a newspaper I won't read."
"Now that you mention it, I do need something for my charcoal starter..."

Sorry to de-rail the thread. But basically I used to subscribe to the EN only for the Spurs articles and to check the weather. Now, I check the weather daily on my phone (or just look outside), and use SpursTalk for any Spurs-related news.

Spursdotcom is also doing the fans and the team a favor by linking to some cool videos.

Yes, still the best forum around (and I've read and tried many; the good here greatly outweighs the bad/ignorable)

Russ
08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
pssssssst!

Mavs could always talk the talk!