0 Points
0 Offensive Rebounds
0 Defensive Rebounds
0 Total Rebounds
0 Assists
0 Steals
0 Blocks

In 22 minutes.

Congrats, Brent. You've reached a new level. Biggest game of the year and you come up with a statline for the ages.

Amazing.

:hat

Nikos
05-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Man I thought he had a board or something.

:(

At least he put up a few shots. :drunk

T Park
05-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Pop's fault......

Seriously WTF is this guy's problem....

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Damn, he pulled off a 22 billion. whattt will his supporters say?

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
He got one foul :)

MI21
05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Not one positive stat in 22 minutes?

Is that a record?

Dingle Barry
05-18-2005, 12:59 AM
That's kinda funny considering in my drunkenness I predicted Barry wouldn't put a dent in the stat sheet when he first came in. I was mostly just ragging on his ineptness and never expected it to happen.

timvp
:lol @ 22 Billion.

I seriously think this is some sort of record. We need to look into this. Who should lead this investigation?

Whottt?

2centsworth
0 Points
0 Offensive Rebounds
0 Defensive Rebounds
0 Total Rebounds
0 Assists
0 Steals
0 Blocks

In 22 minutes.

Congrats, Brent. You've reached a new level. Biggest game of the year and you come up with a statline for the ages.

Amazing.

:hat

I'm sure he had a foul or turnover or something. I know for sure he gave up a few layups.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 01:00 AM
He had 1 foul. No turnovers.

Extra Stout
05-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Seriously... just play Tony Massenburg at the 2 guard for the minutes Barry would play. Put Rasho out there. Anything but Mr. Syphilis In Every Possible Orifice.

Leave Barry behind in San Antonio. No, better yet, let him on the flight, but give him a parachute and push him out somewhere over the Utah desert. No, better yet, forget the parachute.

timvp
His only dents in the stat sheet were three missed shots and a foul. That's it.

Nothing positive. His positive stats come out to 22,000,000,000.

T Park
he pretty much was out there, and did squat.

Embarassing. Pop has gotta be sittin there thinkin, we tried to steal this guy from GS for this??!?!!?

myhc
05-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Sit Barry for game 6. That guy is officially done for this series. If we advance, give him another crack but for all intents and purposes, he's MIA right now.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:03 AM
the only thing I can say, is that his contribution is equal to Steve Smith in 03.

Thats the only positive I can think of.

timvp
Seriously... just play Tony Massenburg at the 2 guard for the minutes Barry would play. Put Rasho out there. Anything but Mr. Syphilis In Every Possible Orifice.

Leave Barry behind in San Antonio. No, better yet, let him on the flight, but give him a parachute and push him out somewhere over the Utah desert. No, better yet, forget the parachute.

:lol

A Tony & Tony backcourt would be more productive.

Barry, in his 22 minutes, accomplished one move: he gets the ball, throws a 100 MPH chest pass to the nearest person and then sprints to the opposite corner. I've never seen a human more scared in my life.

2centsworth
He had 1 foul. No turnovers.
You're forgetting the terrible defense.

MI21
05-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Shane Heal would be a better choice at this point.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:05 AM
I've never seen a human more scared in my life.

LINK!!!!!!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! {Whottt}

timvp
You're forgetting the terrible defense.

Yeah too bad they don't give stats for getting blown around by Antonio Daniels. Barry would have been reaching triple-double status.

2centsworth
What sucks is that the spurs could have me for a few bucks and a couple of extra tickets. At least I would kick someone in the balls.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:07 AM
and ray allen....

MaNuMaNiAc
05-18-2005, 01:07 AM
What sucks is that the spurs could have me for a few bucks and a couple of extra tickets. At least I would kick someone in the balls.
:lmao

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:08 AM

shit ill give back my fuckin big screen, give me some open shots, at least ill fucking take them for christ sake.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:08 AM
There was one play when he got the rock on the right wing and he drove to his left off a screen and fuck man he had a damn open lane to basket and the fucker passed the ball to the man at the top of the key. If I recall correctly he didn't even cut to the rim.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:09 AM
he did that on purpose to spite the coaching staff

sigh............

timvp
05-18-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/barry-front.jpg

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/movie_reviews/movie275.jpg

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:21 AM
it kills you.

The guy has so much talent, but hes too much of a moron/chicken, to even act.

Him and Rasho have to be blood brothers.

MI21
05-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Give the fucker a Scooby snack.

Anything.

SpursFanDan
05-18-2005, 01:24 AM
He took a total of 5 shots.. so he was afraid to shoot more because he knew he would miss more.. its in his head.. his career is over.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Fuck man at least with Hedo he had a decent 1st round and was useful defensively in the second.

Barry is a total blank.

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Thats exactly right Sparky.

At least Hedo, brought defense, brought rebounding, and at least SHOT the fuckin ball.

He at least had guts enough to do that.

Barry = Steve Smith all over again.

SilverPlayer
05-18-2005, 01:30 AM
maybe we could put a wig on Jon (barry) and suit him up...You think anyone would notice?

timvp
05-18-2005, 01:31 AM
I can't wait until Whottt, Gerryatrics or Que Gee come in here and start defending Barry. They'll say he was playing within the system. They'll say he didn't force anything. It will be classic.

T Park had as much of an impact on the game and he was in the stands.

Sad.

SPARKY
Well, Steve Smith was acquired because of his soon to be expiring contract.

Brent Barry was supposedly acquired to be the Spurs' postseason perimeter threat, the guy who would make teams pay by shooting over the top of their defenses...

timvp
maybe we could put a wig on Jon (barry) and suit him up...You think anyone would notice?

You might be on to something.

SpursFanDan
05-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Jons got too much heart to be rick.. its like setting off an alarm.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Fuck Jon. Rick would be better at this point...

T Park
05-18-2005, 01:38 AM
tpark are u saying hedo had bigger nuts then barry?

uhhh, yeah I would say that.

Cause Hedo at least TOOK fucking shots.

This gutless wonder is passing up wide open layups.

timvp
05-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Pick your Barry. Which one would you want on the Spurs?

http://www.west.net/~smith/barry.jpg
RICK BARRY

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Basket/Dossiers/Media/barry.jpg
SCOOTER BARRY

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NBA/Headshots/809.jpg
JON BARRY

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/hot_bbarry.jpg
BRENT BARRY

http://www.prokom.trefl.com.pl/img/archiwum/zawodnicy/barry.jpg
DREW BARRY

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/drew-barrymore/drew-barrymore02.jpg
DREW BARRYMORE

T Park
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
I think Halle has a bigger pair than fuckin Brent.

Oh, yeah BTW TIMVP, another excuse was Pop wore him out all season forcing him to play defense.

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Man I thought he had a board or something.

:(

At least he put up a few shots. :drunkhe had 3 attempts. 0 BASKETS.

I JUST CANT' UNDERSTAND WHY HE'S NOT MAKING MORE AGAINST HIS OLD TEAM.

he's got to go. Let's try to ink Michael Redd.
I'm tired of waiting for Brent's Big game. I give up.

GoSpurs21
05-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Barry is useless just like the rest of the season FREE DEVIN BROWN

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-18-2005, 02:48 AM
I bet if I had a dollar for everytime someone yelled "TAKE BARRY OUT" I'd have a hell of a lot more money than i do now.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2005, 02:51 AM
What do you want me to say timvp? Barry sucked tonight, and you're tearing him down yet again. Congratulations, you're a super-fan.

rwb
05-18-2005, 02:53 AM
Trying to find something positive to say here...at least the foul Barry got was a good one, since he knocked Ray Allen to the floor. I enjoyed seeing that.

timvp
05-18-2005, 02:55 AM
What do you want me to say timvp? Barry sucked tonight, and you're tearing him down yet again. Congratulations, you're a super-fan.

Everyone (sans you, Whottt and Que Gee) were worried that Barry would lay an egg in the playoffs. So far, he's done a fine job laying that egg.

Barry hasn't done anything. The only times he plays well is in games that are over by the end of the third quarter. This has been proven.

He's scared.

But since you've followed him for awhile, is he at least a streaky player? Can we hope he hits a hot streak here pretty soon?

Please say yes.

mookie2001
05-18-2005, 02:56 AM
tpark contributed as much as Barry...
thats funny
naturally its not worth waiting for barry to play good.
bench his ass, i agree he should be the last dude on the bench

Gerryatrics
05-18-2005, 03:11 AM
The Spurs winning six straight games with Barry as a starter after having their asses handed to them by the Nuggets is an "egg"?

I like how everyone is saying Barry is a coward and shouldn't see the court at all the rest of the playoffs when everyone was calling Pop's move to start Barry genius and a huge success when the Spurs swept the Nuggets and won the first two in Seattle. Yeah, Barry has completely sucked the last two games. But if his good games don't count in blowouts, shouldn't bad games also not count in blowouts timvp? Game 4 versus the Sonics, the Spurs never really got into a rythm and the Sonics ran up the score on them, leading by double figures much of the second half. Therefor, Barry's numbers shouldn't count. Game 5 versus the Sonics, the Spurs were in control much of the game, except for a quick run at the end of the first half to tie it up. The Spurs dominated the Sonics in the second half and won in convincing fashion. Therefor, Barry's numbers shouldn't count. If we can forget all his decent games why not forget all his bad games? But that doesn't fit with our blind hate now does it? We need our scapegoat so if we can just drop a few numbers here and forget a few contributions there, we'll just make him out to be the worst player in NBA history.

Tek_XX
05-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Man barry is a piece of work. He'll pass up open looks but then for no reason will jack up a contested 30 footer.........CLANK!!

timvp
05-18-2005, 03:33 AM
The Spurs winning six straight games with Barry as a starter after having their asses handed to them by the Nuggets is an "egg"?

Manu was still doing his thing off the bench. Barry was put into the lineup to hopefully hit some big shots and spread the defense. Hasn't happened yet.

I like how everyone is saying Barry is a coward and shouldn't see the court at all the rest of the playoffs when everyone was calling Pop's move to start Barry genius and a huge success when the Spurs swept the Nuggets and won the first two in Seattle.

Good point.

But the thinking was Barry was going to settle into his role as a starter and start producing when it mattered. He hasn't.

Yeah, Barry has completely sucked the last two games.

Nice that you can admit that.

But if his good games don't count in blowouts, shouldn't bad games also not count in blowouts timvp? Game 4 versus the Sonics, the Spurs never really got into a rythm and the Sonics ran up the score on them, leading by double figures much of the second half. Therefor, Barry's numbers shouldn't count.

The Spurs tied the game in the second half -- then Manu went to the bench. Enter Barry. Enter Sonics' big lead.

Game 5 versus the Sonics, the Spurs were in control much of the game, except for a quick run at the end of the first half to tie it up. The Spurs dominated the Sonics in the second half and won in convincing fashion. Therefor, Barry's numbers shouldn't count.

The game was highly contested, even into the middle of the fourth quarter. It was tied at the half. Again, not a blowout.

If we can forget all his decent games why not forget all his bad games? But that doesn't fit with our blind hate now does it?

How is it blind hate when I just point to the three OBVIOUS blowouts? Those three games had no pressure in them after halftime. That's why Barry played well in those games.

We need our scapegoat so if we can just drop a few numbers here and forget a few contributions there, we'll just make him out to be the worst player in NBA history.

He's not the worst player in NBA history ... yet :)

Barry seriously needs to step up. He's going to find himself on the Knicks or something next year and will be forced to go back to his losing ways. Now is the time for him to shine. He's on the biggest stage of his life. The pressure is on. Will he step up or continue to play scared?

It's put up or shut up for Barry now.

timvp
05-18-2005, 03:43 AM
Guess what the Spurs +/- was with Barry on the court. This is hard to believe but the Spurs were ...

with Barry on the court. How does one player have a -15 when the team wins by 13 points? That's a freakin' 28 point swing.

Amazing.

Gummi
05-18-2005, 03:54 AM
I thought Pop should've played Glenn more, esp. since Barry had a steller game. Glenn is equally as good of a defender as Barry. Also I wanted to see Glenn play that Wilkins kid more.

But what the heck, we won.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2005, 04:03 AM
The Spurs tied the game in the second half -- then Manu went to the bench. Enter Barry. Enter Sonics' big lead.

Exit Barry. Enter an even bigger Sonics lead. The Spurs went on a run early, but fell apart late. Who was taking the shots and freethrows that let the Sonics stay in control at the end of the game?

The game was highly contested, even into the middle of the fourth quarter. It was tied at the half. Again, not a blowout.

How many touches did Barry get when the game was still contested? I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know. There was a light rain so of course DirectTV went on the fritz and I missed some of the second half. But from what I did see, Barry didn't get many looks and the Sonics never really looked like they were in the game late in the second half. If they went on any big runs while my TV signal was scrambled, I apologize for missing that.

How is it blind hate when I just point to the three OBVIOUS blowouts? Those three games had no pressure in them after halftime. That's why Barry played well in those games.

How many NBA games are final after one half? If the last two games were tightly contested down the stretch, what does the lead have to be at half time for it to be a total blowout with twentyfour minutes left to play? Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a lot of Barry's points come in the first half of those games that were decided by the half? So wouldn't that be more likely to mean he contributed to the decisive part of the game instead of riding coattails in to the second half where he hits a shot or two in garbage time?

SLOVENIAN 8
05-18-2005, 04:09 AM
If he continue playing like that i dont know what will be in next series???? :pctoss
Manu can`t do everything.

Slomo
05-18-2005, 04:56 AM
If he continue playing like that i dont know what will be in next series???? :pctoss
Manu can`t do everything.
At least not all the time.

TPark: Please do not mess up my Halle Barry fantasies! Thank you!

SLOVENIAN 8
05-18-2005, 05:03 AM
http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/Spurs_vs_Sonics_sm.gif

Great signature Slomo! :smokin

Slomo
05-18-2005, 05:18 AM
http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/Spurs_vs_Sonics_sm.gif

Great signature Slomo! :smokin You can download a larger version. (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/Spurs_vs_Sonics_mid.gif)

SLOVENIAN 8
05-18-2005, 05:22 AM
You can download a larger version. (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/Spurs_vs_Sonics_mid.gif)

TNX! :smokin

Brodels
05-18-2005, 06:01 AM
I was told that Barry has performed poorly in the playoffs in the past because he's played on crappy teams. A move to the Spurs hasn't changed anything. I was told that Pop's system made it difficult for him. He's been a starter and a bench player and continues to have the lowest basketball iq on the team. At least Tony Massenburg knows when to shoot.

It's disappointing, but there's nothing Pop can do but hope he finds a way to contribute something. His points, assists, field goal percentage...every major stat except for three point shooting have declined significantly in the playoffs over the course of his career.

But this is over the top. 22 minutes? No impact at all?

It's time to play Devin Brown.

team-work
05-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I really would like to know what's the update on Devin Brown's injury. If Brown's completely recovered, why not let him play? Is it the management don't want to see their biggest off-season acquisition outplayed by a former NBDL player? Or would Pop like to keep Brown as a secret weapon vs the Suns?

Useruser666
05-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Barry was terrible last night. I kept looking at the stat board every substitution, and was left wondering why he had a half dozen eggs after his number. When he got called for a foul I said to myself, "Finally! A stat!"

fonzy16
05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
i expect somebody is gonna say: "he didnt get the touches!"

romsho
05-18-2005, 08:02 AM
There was a point in the game last night where Barry had a wide-ass open lane to the basket, took one step towards it, then suddenly stopped and fired a six foot chest pass to Glenn Robinson who missed the jumper. Timid, scared, afraid- he doesn't want the rock, period, and when he does touch it, he gets it back out of his hands as quickly as possible. His minutes have been a disaster. The playoffs do not suit his game-I have never seen a guy play with more fear out there than this dude. He's toast-mentally-he must be.

winstonchillifoot
05-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Brent, you have been traded for a pair of pre-season tickets.

P.Holt

Uncle Donnie
05-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Barry sucks. I tried to support the guy earlier in the season but at this point I don't see how anyone could condone keeping him on the roster after this year. I will be glad when Devin is back at full strength and we don't need Barry at all.

Having said that, I think there are bigger things to worry about concerning the last couple games. A certain Frenchman comes to mind...

winstonchillifoot
05-18-2005, 08:31 AM
I say they give Barry the wrong flight information and they leave his ass here.....

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Well, if Barry is worth $22 mil for 22 billion in this league then Hedo is indeed worth $40 mil.

Fuck, man. Spurs could've had Jack back instead of Shaggy.

sa_butta
05-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Sit Barry for game 6. That guy is officially done for this series. If we advance, give him another crack but for all intents and purposes, he's MIA right now.I agree but maybe Give Devin Brown some time in his spot.

SPARKY
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Fuck. Spurs could've gone into this summer and brought AD back for the price that they are paying for 22 billion now. Since AD still has some ties to SA the Spurs probably would've had a good shot at signing him.

At least they'll be able to bring back Devin. Well, they will have the cap flexibility to do so. One never knows when Holt Cat will decide that a player doesn't fit in the budget...

SWC Bonfire
05-18-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty much speechless on Barry, the only thing I remembered he did is whack Allen once. I do remember saying "Oh, NO!" when Barry shot a three.

Pop needs to make Barry and Parker run from one end of the gym to the other for the entire practice dunking the ball over Sean Marks and T Mass. Get these guys in some kind of repetetion.

Das Texan
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
thats just fucking pathetic, i knew barry did bad but fuck...never imagined it was anywhere close to THAT bad.

damn.

MI21
05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
If Barry continues along this path, then hopefully the Spurs can work out a trade with some team who has a longish SF they are willing to give up. Barry can still play in this league, it just has to be in a team that plays chaotic offensively. Let's work out a deal for Josh Howard *dreams* :lol

GrandeDavid
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
What's sick about this, I mean twisted and domented, is that he was such a liability (surprise, surprise) on the defensive end. How many times did he just get left behind by Daniels or whomever he was guarding?

Fouled Out
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM
That is pretty sick playing for 22 million a year, SEE YA!!! MAN. It is trade time.......

BigVee
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
It is very frustrating watching the guy play. I'm not into bashing one player, you win and lose as a team, someone could get hurt and the Spurs might really need him. So you want his confidence (?) to be there. Calling him names is juvenile. But, his actions on the court are hard to understand. He doesn't shoot when open, is obviously athletic enough to go hard to the rim but doesn't, acts like the ball is a hot potatoe...just don't get it. After 10 years in the NBA I don't buy he is scared, just no confidence I guess. A mystery man. It will be tough for the Spurs to keep winning without some kind of contribution from him, especially with Devin Brown injured. Brent, please give us something on Thursday.

caŽlo
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
i now officially give up on barry.

im tired of waiting for his big game.

if ever hes do gonna have a big game.

just look at the stat ratio..

in the number of games he played.. how many times did he officially suck? and didnt?

trade barry after this season. hes a waste of money

Russ
05-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Congratulations. You scored one more point than a dead man.

Longhorn coach Abe Lemmons once said that to a player who hit one free throw while playing an entire game. Looks like Brent couldn't even reach that standard last night.

TNT21
05-18-2005, 10:14 AM
I still support him, even though he did rush those damn 3's he took. He needs to be wide open to hit a three now a days. I won't give up on him, shit, he is a part of our team, and I'd rather have him out there than Rasho any day of the week. At least Barry can dunk the ball!

johnny00
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I dunno what to say, I have defended this guy all year hoping and praying for his game to show up, knowing that when the playoffs started Barry would just blow us away with his game.

What a disappointment.

I am officially through hoping. Passing the ball when he's wide open,
Daniels blowing by him consistently, and suprisingly enough bad passes and desicions when driving in traffic (this was his strength earlier in the season)

What's going on?????
Sorry Brent, you just lost one of your biggest supporters.

I hope the real Brent Barry shows up before the season ends.

50 cent
05-18-2005, 10:59 AM
But since you've followed him for awhile, is he at least a streaky player? Can we hope he hits a hot streak here pretty soon?

Please say yes.

No joke. At least we had Taruky around last year promising that Hedo might be turning the corner every now and then since he was an expert on Hedo's confidence. We don't even have 1 strong Barry follower/promiser. :pctoss

cherylsteele
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM

If you are gonna replace him.....do it with Big dog....at least you know he will shoot more and probably score.

At least Barry didn't make any stupid mistakes to cost us the game.3

I have backed Barry this year and am disappointed as well....but as long as he is on the roster and playing I will still hope he comes around...and when he does it can only help us that much more and make the spurs that harder to beat.

SpursWoman
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM

tlongII
05-18-2005, 12:23 PM
If the Spurs win the title should Barry get a ring?

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 12:33 PM
If the Spurs win the title should Barry get a ring?

If Mengke Bateer and his translator gets a ring, why not Barry?

Geez, the guy is bad, but he has scored some points and played some games. And, as doubtful as I am, the Playoffs aren't over yet.

(But I don't think he's going to get many pts. in Game 6 - Seattle puts too much pressure on him to perform) :rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Will Barry be better in next series?

His numbers against Dallas are 8-17 for 7 pts/game (4 games)

Phoenix: 10-22 for 8.5 pts/game (3 games)

Jury is out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I think Horry hit it on the head - Barry's pressing in this series like Rob did against his old team last year.

I can't figure out what it is about the Spurs that when we get guys from other squads they lay an egg against those teams.

When an ex-Spur plays us, he has the game of his life every time.

Talk about some messed up karma.

boutons
05-18-2005, 12:55 PM
the Hedo/Barry consecutive "dry holes" are certainly not a good sign for other 30 year-old players looking to hitch with Spurs.

Hedo could be considered a fluke flame-out, but now Brent, too?

Is there something in Pop's system that prevents these guys from producing? In both cases, very different players but with clear talent, obviously their psychology has gotten screwed up at the Spurs.

DDS4
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Pop's system is complicated...even Horry said so.

But Bones is missing wide open looks.

Devin with one leg > Bones (right now).

benjirh
05-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I am still in support of Barry. Do you notice that even though he has completely sucked, his defender still doesn't leave him behind the arc. And when he runs the high low with Duncan, his defender never goes to double. He is still a 3-point threat. I am not saying play the guy 25-30 mins, but to say he has no impact in the overall flow of the game is crap. I have been more frustrated with Udrih than Barry. Also please remember that Barry is the 4th option along with Bowen. So would it be nice to have his production? Yes. Should his production be critical to the victory? No.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Do you notice that even though he has completely sucked, his defender still doesn't leave him behind the arc.

Sorry, but that's completely wrong. We re-watched the first half at 5am this morning before we went to bed. And Barry's "defender" was in the paint, while he was about 3 feet behind the 3 point line. He was so wide open that it wasn't even funny. And Tim Duncan didn't even look to pass him the ball. I'd hate to think that opponents as well as his teammates have given up on him.

Come on, Brent. Have a big game six, PLEASE! And prove everyone wrong.

By the way, for those who say he doesn't get enough touches -- we counted them in the first half when we re-watched the tape -- he had 18. :rolleyes

smeagol
05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I have not given up on Barry.

His big game is comming.

Be prepared.

spurschick
05-18-2005, 02:36 PM
If Devin Brown has stayed healthy, would we still be this terribly disappointed in BB? Probably, but the sense of urgency wouldn't be as great. Question is, do we give him another year to find his game or do we immediately dump him over the summer?

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Question is, do we give him another year to find his game or do we immediately dump him over the summer?

If he keeps up these performances for the rest of the postseason, I'd think you'd have to shop him this summer.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
We re-watched the first half at 5am this morning before we went to bed.

Damn! I was getting up at that time for work.

LilMissSPURfect
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
http://ww3.sportsline.com/b/apphotos/Barrydunk21096.jpg

I still believe Barry can make a contribution....it'll come

:elephant

SWC Bonfire
05-18-2005, 02:40 PM
If he keeps up these performances for the rest of the postseason, I'd think you'd have to shop him this summer.

If he keeps up these performances, who would be willing to give us somebody we actually want for him? Spurs just may have to take their lumps and do their best to get him involved.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Spurs just may have to take their lumps and do their best to get him involved.

The Spurs do their best to get him involved. They can't force him to perform. Some young team would probably want him as a veteran influence. He has 3 more years on his contract and makes $6M in his last season. The Spurs can't afford that kind of dead weight.

I'm still hoping he steps up.

baseline bum
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
This is sickening. I was a Brent Barry fan before this season, and I was pretty excited to get him because he was such a good passer and shooter. Now the guy makes some of the most boneheaded passes I've ever seen. I remember one early in the game last night where Manu is right on the out of bounds line and Brent throws him the pass about 0.4 seconds after receiving the ball, and Manu was like WTF? and had to juggle it while tip-toeing the line to keep from stepping out of bounds.

Even Turkoglu had one good quarter in game 4 and a big three late in game 1 against the Lakers last year. It's obvious that Brent Barry wants no part of playoff basketball. Barry could be replaced by a wall, because all he does is pass the ball right back when you give him the rock.

timvp
05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Barry could be replaced by a wall, because all he does is pass the ball right back when you give him the rock.

So true. Whenever he gets the ball, he throws a hard chest pass to the closest person. That pass to Manu was horrible. Barry's first pass of the game almost killed Robert Horry. Horry was like five feet away but Barry threw a high fastball to him.

timvp
05-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Where is Whottt? He spent the last six months of his life defending Brent Barry and now he is no where to be found.

Maybe he's scared to post.

:smokin

Boo
05-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I hope Brent Barry is reading this, that way he can POSSIBLY[I][U] turn it around.

Dingle Barry
05-18-2005, 06:33 PM
I think he knows he is bringing absolutely nothing

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Barry has been a disappointment. Last night was pitiful. He looked like a deer in the headlights running around outside the arc. I can't imagine what he thinks he is doing. His defense was good at times, but he certainly didn't make the NBA as a defensive specialist.

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM

God, please let Isaiah have a few more months as GM of the Knicks. He's our only hope in the entire NBA for a Barry trade. :rolleyes

boutons
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm more sad and disappointed about Brent rather than pissed off and trashing him like so many here.

The guy has been around long enough, is smart enough, to know he's been a flop as a Spur. And I would guess, if the Spurs "culture" is as supportive as its reputation says, then Spurs and the coaches, plus his Dad and Jon, are trying to help him, because everybody wants, even needs, him to succeed. At some point, Pop and RC will have to make business decision.

Although Tony made a teasing joke, in good will, at the October Southwest airlines kick-off luncheaon about Brent shooting "2-60" in the pre-season, it went down easily because they knew Brent would come around. But he hasn't, and it's way past a laughing matter now. Brent's situation is as tragic as it is surprising. Brent is no doubt torn up about it.

Personally, I've got other priorities of Spurs' topics to think about rather than pissing on Brent, or bemoaning long-gone, poor-shooting thug SJax or confused hustler Malik.

timvp
05-19-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm funny that Whottt doesn't have the nvts to come in here and say anything. He's just trying to ignore it until after next game.

No nvts must run in the family.

Brodels
05-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Don't worry. If Barry scores six points tonight, he'll be in here stating that he's the next John Stockton.

picnroll
05-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Hmmmm. whottt and Barry have both disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.

Useruser666
05-19-2005, 08:16 AM
But how many touches will Barry get? I think that's what we have to look at.

T Park
05-19-2005, 08:24 AM
early on id run some screen plays for him, have him running off the baseline to the upper corner of the 3 line, get him some shots off early, if he doesnt make em, fuck him.

picnroll
05-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I'd tell him if he doesn't drive to the basket and score and/or draw a foul within the firtst two minutes that he's in he's going to sit his ass on the bench the rest of the game.

I like what baseline bum said. From now on Barry should be refered to as The Wall. And I'm talking about defense either.

SpursWoman
05-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmmmm. whottt and Barry have both disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.

http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/yscratchchin.gif

You may be on to something..........

AlamoSpursFan
05-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I wonder if a DNP-CD tonight would wake Rick's kid the fuck up...

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Maybe we can put a wig on Jon, and sneak him into Brent's jersey tonight.

:)

emveepee
05-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Lets wait till game 6 before making any conclusions. Who knows, BB might put up big numeros 2nite!

AlamoSpursFan
05-19-2005, 08:37 AM
And I might sprout wings and fly to Mars, but I'm not holding my breath...